Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,587Posts
    • 37,028Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1538
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 15th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 16,793 Posts
    • 282,014 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Site not slow for me '

I am frightened of clicking on it incase site vanishes into thin air like last time never to be seen again .

redfox , DD, silvercar what does it mean ?
    Originally posted by tweets
    I've got no idea I'm afraid

I think it's always been there although I wouldn't put money on it
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • michaels
    • By michaels 15th Apr 18, 9:47 PM
    • 21,094 Posts
    • 97,574 Thanks
    michaels
    I just clicked a button saying not expired and got thanked for doing so and now have an expired button - a bit like spam/not spam for individual posts
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Anon
    • By Anon 15th Apr 18, 9:52 PM
    • 13,083 Posts
    • 147,171 Thanks
    Anon
    Anon when I click on that link it says it doesn't exist. I don't suppose you can remember which P00le store it was please and thankyou.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Sorry, I broke the link, Now corrected above and here for convenience:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cadbury-desserts-milk-chocolatehazelnutsalted-caramel-23p-instore-asda-poole-2926290

Sorry I do t know which store.

HTH

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Apr 18, 9:54 PM
    • 2,365 Posts
    • 28,880 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Amerzoom 1 credit
    1 free credit valid until 9th September for buying eligible items and using free no rush delivery.
    Useful for us Students out there.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/shipoptions/promotions/details?ie=UTF8&nodeID=1off_digital_promo_2&pop-up=1&ref=ox_shipoption_promodetails

Now to hunt the cheapest item eligible ......

EDIT probably just better ordering things you want one at a time.
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 15-04-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 15th Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    • 27,937 Posts
    • 384,324 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sorry, I broke the link, Now corrected above and here for convenience:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cadbury-desserts-milk-chocolatehazelnutsalted-caramel-23p-instore-asda-poole-2926290

Sorry I do t know which store.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks for the correct link Anon, I thought it might be chilled Cadbury desserts but looking at the image I don't think it is so I won't make a special trip. Got a bit excited there as I got pack of 4 caramel/choc chilled ones the other week and they were rather yummy.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 15th Apr 18, 10:27 PM
    • 37,525 Posts
    • 157,953 Thanks
    silvercar
    Site not slow for me '

I am frightened of clicking on it incase site vanishes into thin air like last time never to be seen again .

Not showing for me.

From memory, when the post somehow moves on to the Grabbit board, you have the option to click "expired" so that it can be transferred over the the "It's gone but was it any good" sub-board.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 15th Apr 18, 10:31 PM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 17,311 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Does anyone do the GFK surveys ? I have some vouchers to cash in but all the low denominations are out of stock so I'm trying to contact them. Ive emailed but it bounced back. Can anyone help please ?
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    I think they are now known as Nicequest now. Ages ago I had a request to re register.
    Try this: help.uk@nicequest.com
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th Apr 18, 11:09 PM
    • 20,335 Posts
    • 265,318 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Just a note as to where I am with the M list - it should be continually up-to-date as expired regular offer items are removed after each collection date. I have now caught up with Wednesday 4th April. I still have most new items from 9th and 11th April to add. It seemed M had made some price changes since 11th, putting several prices back to full price. I am not bothered with expiry date 12th on the Avs M list until, in theory, tomorrow as price collection day was 11th so these items should still work regardless of whether M has changed that missed the collection day. However, some on msm/m.com that have expiry dates off in the future are showing full price, suggesting they may have gone back up in advance of tomorrow or since last Wednesday (11th) when they were supposed to be on for several more weeks. I don't think they have changed - there are also ranges of items with some items showing the offers but other flavours showing full price. I have overridden m.com and put all items on the offer price as I have gone by what I know to be right, what I have seen instore, that all the range have been displaying offer prices. I don't accept the full prices are correct until I see them in more than one store in the near future - therefore, if there are items on the list, which there are, that have just been added and which show M offer prices but m.com says full price, then they have been deliberately and intentionally added to the list - m.com full price has been seen and been rejected as I believe it to be incorrect as regards instore prices last Wednesday. Similarly, items which have past expiry dates but are still on the list are, as mentioned before, still believed to be on offer and the offer rolled over (still continuing to await me to find a new date if there is one): again they are intentionally left on the list (unless it is the odd one that I have, very rare for me to do this but it does happen occasionally, not noticed is still on list and have missed).

I will not be doing a price collection tomorrow, at least not a proper one. I do need to go to M already (out of bread by tomorrow, will not last until Wednesday) so I will get just whatever I happen to see - there are a small number of items due to have expired that I will try to look at but there are a lot of items due to expire by Wednesday. I see no point printing off the list, to check properly in M tomorrow, only to have to print off the whole lot again two days later to include the past week's information. There is so much from last Wednesday week that I cannot just manually add them to my current hard copy from before then - it will take forever! Therefore, I will see what has expired in M tomorrow, but it will not be a complete check and will endeavour to take off what has afterwards, whilst I deal with adding 9th and 11th April items to the list in order to check the whole lot on Wednesday. I expect there to be quite a lot of changes in M by Wednesday, according to my list showing many expiring items for 17th April but few in advance of that date (that are not the ones that have rolled over last time already).

I have last Monday and Wednesday to do - there was not much change, that is to the pre-existing offers, on either of those dates and anything that expired on either of them should already have been deleted or crossed out. Whilst I have numerous new items every time, there was relatively less compared to what I have had before on other dates (and certainly much less than Wednesday 4th). The main items to add are the Heinz baby foods - fruit pots 4x100g and the Heinz By Nature (formerly Little Kidz) 230g meals but not Apricot with Chicken & Rice as that one is full price in M (as at last Wednesday, 11th and believed to be that on 9th as well fwiw) and in any event it does not appear to be on online A. There are also some Walnut and Coconut Oils to check to see if they are available in A or T and some lower prices on Pearl Barley, M's Bulger Wheat 500g, Cous Cous, Yellow Split Peas, Chickpeas, Haricot/Pinto Beans etc. Bernard Matthews Dinosaur Turkey Roll seemed to have gone to 75p and fwiw I saw M Brown Onions 5Kg showing 1.50.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 15-04-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 15th Apr 18, 11:34 PM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 17,408 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Sorry for the delay but I have now donated to both Di & 3dogs, well done both x

tweets the expired is always there for me.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th Apr 18, 11:56 PM
    • 20,335 Posts
    • 265,318 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Can anyone else see that this thread says expired left of post reply at top ?

Other threads just have post reply strange
    Is that because we are in the "Gone but was it any good?" section, in order to try (and probably fail) to keep us under the radar, whilst nearly all other threads that are live are in the live section?

You need not worry - whilst I do not have an up-to-date hard copy of the M list yet (being still stuck in March on that), I have my own electronic copy of how far I have got so far in case the thread suddenly disappears. It is 2018, but you would have thought it was 1818 or 1918 as, despite it being the 21st century, I have no ability to take the electronic copy with me to M and view it in my car outside to ensure I have everything I need from instore - instead I have to rely on hard copy. No electronic method of me getting prices from instore either.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 16-04-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 16th Apr 18, 12:00 AM
    • 1,609 Posts
    • 10,491 Thanks
    P2TKL
    I think they are now known as Nicequest now. Ages ago I had a request to re register.
    Try this: help.uk@nicequest.com
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Thank you...I will do
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 16th Apr 18, 6:19 AM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 38,551 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning, again I would just let to thank everyone for their generosity over the weekend.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 6lb
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 16th Apr 18, 6:30 AM
    • 3,342 Posts
    • 50,273 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Happy Monday
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Apr 18, 6:54 AM
    • 13,587 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    redfox

tweets, don't worry about it. Usually only shows on boards that are for deals or offers but due to the quirks of the ancient and creaky vBulletin software it doesn't always show or indeed show for everyone.

Also, although I can't verify this as I'm on the old green version, it may show (or perhaps not) for those on the new blue version.

If the button is pressed enough times it lets the mods know a deal has expired. But nothing actually happens to the thread automatically, it needs human intervention at that point. It's really not important and certainly not worth you worrying about. Just ignore it
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 16th Apr 18, 6:57 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 16th Apr 18, 7:21 AM
    • 5,572 Posts
    • 72,845 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all, sunshine on its way
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Apr 18, 8:06 AM
    • 35,474 Posts
    • 487,854 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

My Supersavvy Fairy liquid has been refused again from an iPhone....it's getting personal now

On a better note, GreenJinn accepted my RTC Dorset granola and even the wrong sized digestives I've just noticed

I'm out the door. Fred's mate is honking on the drive
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 16th Apr 18, 8:09 AM
    • 26,582 Posts
    • 320,970 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all.
    Meant to be raining here for the next two days. *sigh*
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 16th Apr 18, 8:10 AM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 211,764 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, glorious and sunny here

Anyone else think of "honking" as "stinking"
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • gocat
    • By gocat 16th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    • 5,229 Posts
    • 60,470 Thanks
    gocat
    Good morning all

Off to the hospital for a flight assessment test for OH (he has COPD) . Hoping to fly long haul in June
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

429Posts Today

6,939Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin