Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,382Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1534
    • its a secret 66
    • By its a secret 66 15th Apr 18, 12:32 PM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 24,982 Thanks
    its a secret 66
    Morning
    all is the Sainsburys icecream working please?
    Thank you
    • altojack
    • By altojack 15th Apr 18, 12:33 PM
    • 9,092 Posts
    • 125,890 Thanks
    altojack
    Nearly forgot to mention.....

Northumbrian Water......and I'm sure other water companies are offering the same....are giving up to 50% discount on water bills for low income families

https://www.nwl.co.uk/your-home/your-account/SupportPLUS.aspx

Please get the word out if you know families who are struggling.

I did an application last week for a family and it's so easy even DM could do it
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thank s TM Ill save that info and pass it on to my ladies. Presumably application is made through water Co. Ill check that out, thanks. xx

Having just spent the last year living off fresh air, the elite have keep me and my other half well fed and out of debt which I am truly thankfnul for, wombles are great if you can find them, whoopsies are better, fresh fruit/veg/meat at reduced price, each store is different so it takes a bit of time and planning plus you become an inventive cook, try and build up a store cupboard of items that do not go out of date quick like dried pasta/noodles, herbs and spices, freeze leftovers for another day, try to cook food that you can make two or three meals out of, oh and try to only cook every other day this will keep the gas and electric bills down, my gas and electric sky rocketed with me being at home all day, this may sound bad but go and visit friends and relatives or join a club anything that will get you out of the house plus the bonus of free tea or coffee and sometimes cake and biscuits this did not work for me as most of my friends worked during the day
    Check what you are entitled to are you on Income based JSA or contributions based JSA I did not know there was two different JSA I went to my dentist told them I was on JSA They said fill this form out and you get free dental How stupid was I, a few months later I got a bill and a fine from the NHS I was on contributions JSA and you do not get free anything You have to fill in a HC1 form to get free perscriptions and dental work , You can pick one of these forms up from your job centre when you sign on, do this before you need anything because you can not back date it
    Depending on your circumstances you only get JSA for 6 months after that nothing

Good luck if you need any help or advice just pm me,
    Originally posted by vouchercrazy
    Sorry youve been having a rough time, I wish you nothing but the best, continuing survival and happy times ahead.

Thank you for posting the info about the dental issue. I know there are two different types of JSA but did not realise that one gives you free NHS the other zilch, zero, nought. Something else I must bring myself back uptodate with and pass info on. Thank you xx
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 31 In 10
    • altojack
    • By altojack 15th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    • 9,092 Posts
    • 125,890 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon Elite

Is it time to get up yet? omg, Ive got a bad headache . Too much bbq and one too many glasses of fizz I fear . Or it could be the red wine, one glass left I hated seeing going to waste.

Let the younger ones partying into the early hours and came home just before 10pm. Not sure I can face lunch, I know its cooking, I can smell it .

Enjoy today or what left of it if youre going out.

Hugs to the poorly Elite and those low in body and mind. Youre in my thoughts as always xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 15th Apr 18, 12:42 PM
    • 9,092 Posts
    • 125,890 Thanks
    altojack
    10 pages to catch-up on. Here goes

• pippo
    • By pippo 15th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 3,165 Posts
    • 33,609 Thanks
    pippo
    Nearly forgot to mention.....

Northumbrian Water......and I'm sure other water companies are offering the same....are giving up to 50% discount on water bills for low income families

https://www.nwl.co.uk/your-home/your-account/SupportPLUS.aspx

Please get the word out if you know families who are struggling.

I did an application last week for a family and it's so easy even DM could do it
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks so much TM, will circulate in the housing support group I volunteer with!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 15th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 26,070 Posts
    • 317,165 Thanks
    davemorton
    Woohoo, I have finally managed to get my tomato seeds in. I didnt have any yellow tom seeds in the house though, and they are a fav of a friend. Never mind, they will have to do without
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    • 10,010 Posts
    • 115,539 Thanks
    emerald21
    Morning
    all is the Sainsburys icecream working please?
    Thank you
    Originally posted by its a secret 66
    It was working in our Sainsburys this morning , well one didn't t so I took it back and got my money back . They only had the chocolate and the vanilla one though. I got 5 for Dawn and the kids.
    • Lesley1121
    • By Lesley1121 15th Apr 18, 2:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lesley1121
    How do you do the ice cream in Sainsbury!!!8217;s
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th Apr 18, 2:01 PM
    • 10,010 Posts
    • 115,539 Thanks
    emerald21
    How do you do the ice cream in Sainsbury!!!8217;s
    Originally posted by Lesley1121
    Well you have to buy one first , well I had to then hopefully a coupon pops out for the full price off another one , then rinse and repeat
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 15th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    You need to learn to chat more girl
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I must be chattier than I realised - it's only 8 years not 10
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • altojack
    • By altojack 15th Apr 18, 2:59 PM
    • 9,092 Posts
    • 125,890 Thanks
    altojack

Terrible tummy ache & reflux early this morning

Drank a fizzy pop to be able to burp the reflux out

Then cottoned onto why I was prescribed some other tablets with the Naproxen - Omeprazole, which I ignored So it all makes sense now
    feeling a lot better already after taking the first one

as I say on every post - if all else fails - read the instructions
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I have those Omeprazole Snap, they help me no end. Apart from while I was taking the last 3 weeks of antibiotics, I was told to stop them. Urghhhhh. Upset stomachs, reflux on top of blurred vision from antibiotics, which Ive never had before. Hope you feel better soon xx

DM. Thank you for all the work you put in to do the National this year. Thanks also to Chrisv, you made a good team, gave us some laughs along the way to raising money for charity xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 15th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 9,092 Posts
    • 125,890 Thanks
    altojack
    So, Im all caught up, had a small lunch and now going for a nap. Not allowed to nap on sofa as Friday I did and spilled my coffee

Back later

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 26,818 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    McDonalds freebie
    Not sure if a NUS Extra card would work, probably worth a try
    http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/food/prices/do-you-offer-student-discounts.html
    • Ellsey
    • By Ellsey 15th Apr 18, 3:32 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 1,301 Thanks
    Ellsey
    just seen about this glitch, if working tomorrow it will go well with my loaded offer of an extra 20 points per shop.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I finally have a phone that is capable of running apps, I installed the nectar app yesterday and also got this offer. I read small print, I can't see a minimum spend. So in theory buy a banana, 20 points added? Thanks x
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th Apr 18, 3:39 PM
    • 16,840 Posts
    • 206,625 Thanks
    mhoc
    I finally have a phone that is capable of running apps, I installed the nectar app yesterday and also got this offer. I read small print, I can't see a minimum spend. So in theory buy a banana, 20 points added? Thanks x
    Originally posted by Ellsey
    Its 3 shops per day per nectar card

I suppose its another variation on do 10 shops get a bonus a month later
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 14,568 Posts
    • 234,955 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Originally posted by Ellsey
    no. i think you got to spend at least 1 or it wont be a nectar transaction
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 14,568 Posts
    • 234,955 Thanks
    zippydooda
    keep eye open in your local

Plenty Kitchen Roll 200 sheets per pack 50p @ Tesco - Dumfries

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/plenty-kitchen-roll-200-sheets-per-pack-50p-tesco-dumfries-2926191

let me know please.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 15th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    • 37,116 Posts
    • 156,325 Thanks
    silvercar
    I seem to have missed 30 odd pages. Hope all are well!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 14,568 Posts
    • 234,955 Thanks
    zippydooda
    computer whizzes please
    chrome
    when i start typing, in say a box that requires an email. i get a drop down list of previous entries of which i could click on the one i want.

this has stopped working and the selection is there but nothing happens when i click one of the selection.

ok on edge

sorted now after i updated windows
    Last edited by zippydooda; 15-04-2018 at 7:01 PM.

let me know please.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 15th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    • 6,349 Posts
    • 84,704 Thanks
    cjj
    Afternoon all hope everyone is well

On hukd tmf buster bathroom plughole unblocker. Hth xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

905Posts Today

6,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: have you ever seen a ghost?

• RT @JohnnyMercerUK: Another important day ahead in achieving parity of esteem between mental and physical health: the breathing space schem?

• RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Follow Martin