Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,381Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1533
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th Apr 18, 9:26 AM
    • 34,129 Posts
    • 477,405 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thats what i keep telling myself, but i am going to make more of an effort .
    Originally posted by nanx4
    Right you've said it now Nan

I've put your name in the "Must make more of an effort" book and I'll be keeping an eye on you

Off to try the wrinkle removal cream
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Apr 18, 9:34 AM
    • 28,951 Posts
    • 422,130 Thanks
    tweets
    I cant post anymore after this til l,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ter I am off on my travels bye for now
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 15th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 387 Posts
    • 7,154 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

Would you believe I missed the first 10 fences, I had fallen asleep
    Originally posted by altojack
    That's exactly what my jockey said after the race

Thank you Dave for organising such a fun event for charity
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • matty17r
    • By matty17r 15th Apr 18, 9:43 AM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 8,317 Thanks
    matty17r
    Can I get the loo rolls in farmfoods for the topcashback please does anyone know?
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 15th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Other people need to start posting more
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    It has taken me 8 years to get to 160 posts!
    Last edited by pandoraskids; 15-04-2018 at 9:51 AM.
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th Apr 18, 9:51 AM
    • 19,153 Posts
    • 206,815 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy one here, hoping it rains on my lawn sand later before the sun sets in next week,

It has taken me 10 years to get to 160 posts!
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    You need to learn to chat more girl

Vouchercrazy, congratulations on the new job, hope it keeps going well.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • matty17r
    • By matty17r 15th Apr 18, 10:01 AM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 8,317 Thanks
    matty17r
    no just found the answer in tcb terms and conditions.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 10:04 AM
    • 51,207 Posts
    • 616,782 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 1 1/2lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 15th Apr 18, 10:05 AM
    • 12,643 Posts
    • 143,511 Thanks
    Anon
    It has taken me 8 years to get to 160 posts!
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Lightweight . Some Elite do that many in a day .

Anon
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 15th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    • 3,709 Posts
    • 36,412 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Thank you so much DM for all the work you put into this. Di's is easy to do but I found going through 3dogs second link is easier although you don't seem able to name who you are or leave a message.

But it's not an issue. All for a good cause
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thank you for quoting the link. Saved me going to look for it. I confess I wasnt happy about giving personal details so I didnt!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 15th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 36,636 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thank you so much to everyone who has donated. I decided to post it on my fb page whilst it was set up and I'm up to 187 already.
    I've just spoken to Dd and on a Sunday night the pub were she works have a quiz night and they do them for charity so she's asking her boss later if we can do one on the bank holiday weekend at the end of May. Usually the team wins what's in the pot but on a charity night he donates a voucher for a meal and the proceeds go to the chosen charity. They also do a raffle to raise extra money so I can see a few bottles of freixinet being donated. I wish I'd bought some of the boxed champagne now but hey ho.
    We also have another signed man utd shirt, this is our third and I'm so grateful to the friend who gets them for us so I need to think about what to do with that.

Well considering I started this week awaiting inspiration as to what charity event I would do things seem to be storming ahead.

Thank you again so much you have all been very, very generous, it means a lot xx
    Last edited by diluvsdiscounts; 15-04-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    • 19,153 Posts
    • 206,815 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    That computer from Wish has apparently been shipped.

No idea what will happen with import taxes etc, it is coming from China, not sure if they will go on cost or value? For all we know the value might be lower than the cost
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 15th Apr 18, 10:31 AM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 27,998 Thanks
    curl girl
    Can I get the loo rolls in farmfoods for the topcashback please does anyone know?
    Originally posted by matty17r
    I've submitted a receipt from Heron before think it was jam, which was accepted.
    So I think any receipt?

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Chieveley
    • By Chieveley 15th Apr 18, 10:44 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    Chieveley
    That computer from Wish has apparently been shipped.

No idea what will happen with import taxes etc, it is coming from China, not sure if they will go on cost or value? For all we know the value might be lower than the cost
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Hi De lurking to ask if you googled before ordering? Seems they change the wording on the shipping note and no laptop arrives. But fingers crossed for you, I was going to try but cba.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 254,962 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Terrible tummy ache & reflux early this morning

Drank a fizzy pop to be able to burp the reflux out

Then cottoned onto why I was prescribed some other tablets with the Naproxen - Omeprazole, which I ignored So it all makes sense now
    feeling a lot better already after taking the first one

as I say on every post - if all else fails - read the instructions
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 15th Apr 18, 10:54 AM
    • 26,059 Posts
    • 317,065 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all.

Hi De lurking to ask if you googled before ordering? Seems they change the wording on the shipping note and no laptop arrives. But fingers crossed for you, I was going to try but cba.
    Originally posted by Chieveley
    TBF I didnt expect it to turn up, but 2 through paypal had to be worth a shot
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 254,962 Thanks
    Snap-ant

A very kind friend & neighbour died yesterday

I didn't know she was suddenly so ill as we were away Friday. Fourp had told me after the show that her Grandson had called round & told him she was very very poorly.
    I called round with a card when I got back yesterday & met her Family returning with the sad news.
    Devastating as she was well loved xxx

Hoping her Grandson (who they raised) comes back to live with his Grandad to keep him company xx
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th Apr 18, 11:09 AM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 254,962 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player even whilst travelling on a smelly old diesel replacement for the fabulous Tornado!

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy

(sorry tweets if we are in your garden)
    Our Family Motto ~

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 15th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    • 5,486 Posts
    • 72,153 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • vouchercrazy
    • By vouchercrazy 15th Apr 18, 11:27 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 13,698 Thanks
    vouchercrazy
    Hi everybody. I was wondering if I could ask a MASSIVE favour. I have become unemployed and hope this is only for temporary reasons. As I have time on my hands I am walking during the day to keep busy. I am trying to make my Jobseeker's Allowance go far and so have time to visit all the supermarkets really. Apart from J Sainsbury, they are all within 45 minutes walk. I have put Greenjinn, Checkoutsmart and Shopmium on my phone. Using these I am saving money but also mainly shopping at Tesco and using their brand match on goods cheaper elsewhere. I know the Asda one is 10% cheaper but it seems too complicated. Can you give me any more tips to get my 73 benefit stretching further?

Thankyou, gracias, merci, danke, grazie......
    Originally posted by Woolco
    Having just spent the last year living off fresh air, the elite have keep me and my other half well fed and out of debt which I am truly thankful for, wombles are great if you can find them, whoopsies are better, fresh fruit/veg/meat at reduced price, each store is different so it takes a bit of time and planning plus you become an inventive cook, try and build up a store cupboard of items that do not go out of date quick like dried pasta/noodles, herbs and spices, freeze leftovers for another day, try to cook food that you can make two or three meals out of, oh and try to only cook every other day this will keep the gas and electric bills down, my gas and electric sky rocketed with me being at home all day, this may sound bad but go and visit friends and relatives or join a club anything that will get you out of the house plus the bonus of free tea or coffee and sometimes cake and biscuits this did not work for me as most of my friends worked during the day
    Check what you are entitled to are you on Income based JSA or contributions based JSA I did not know there was two different JSA I went to my dentist told them I was on JSA They said fill this form out and you get free dental How stupid was I, a few months later I got a bill and a fine from the NHS I was on contributions JSA and you do not get free anything You have to fill in a HC1 form to get free perscriptions and dental work , You can pick one of these forms up from your job centre when you sign on, do this before you need anything because you can not back date it
    Depending on your circumstances you only get JSA for 6 months after that nothing

Good luck if you need any help or advice just pm me,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,649Posts Today

8,038Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: Pls help stop people who are suicidal being harassed by creditors. People in hospital due to anxiety, depression & more?

• RT @peterkmartin: Thanks @MartinSLewis after hearing you advise many times to switch energy providers, I finally got my finger out and have?

• I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• Follow Martin