Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,433Posts
    • 36,745Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1528
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Apr 18, 6:38 PM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 318,502 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well with DM in charge need I say anymore.

I think yours was a non runner on the first list and DM changed the rules to give you and Emerald a chance so he put you on the 2nd list.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Correct, apart from I dont think it was Emerald, I think it was 3 Dogs, and she won!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 318,502 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thanks DM......so I donate to 3 dogs choice of charity when a link appears?
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    Yip

I think she has gone to have a pint of sherry or 2, but will be back later
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Grrrrrr , thats bloomin typical
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I know and both washes sheets and then towels were long ones so it was too late to put on another long wash, wishing I had put a delicate wash on now though as it is still really nice out there and would have probably dried this evening. Still hopefully get on top of it all next week.

I even have DD1's summer quilt to wash as my machine is bigger than hers. She will be wanting that soon but I haven't wanted it hanging around indoors.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Correct, apart from I dont think it was Emerald, I think it was 3 Dogs, and she won!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I've corrected my post trust me.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 51,681 Posts
    • 619,905 Thanks
    bubbs
    Please can I ask pretty please is the soup glitch now fixed or does anyone think it might be OK for tomorrow???

And also was it a sada v sainsbobs shop?

and the real cost per can?

Apologies I should have taken more notice ...

Going to read back and just replicate someone nice list.
    I did have a good enough stash of Heinz beans and pasta etc which at least filled the cupboard but Errant son has been going through it at a rate of knots. I need to fill the gaps with something else so a Sada shop is scheduled for tomorrow - other than soup cans and porridge that is all I am short of - and cat food inevitably ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Its over i think it was a one dayer
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • altojack
    • By altojack 14th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    Yes it was me I search the news about him every day and follow the FB page that has been set up hoping to hear he has been found, don't know why but it has really touched me.

It is amazing how much his family have been doing to try and find him so sad. Let's hope these were credible sightings and he is found, I read his brother and fianc!e have travelled over bless them.
    I check on Websleuths daily, loads of info and chat with a couple of locals who are looking out for him.

I read that family didnt want this latest photo in the papers because its not very clear. I hope its him though. Yes his brother and fianc! have gone back. I wish them loads of luck in their search, its time he went home.
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 31 In 10
    • altojack
    • By altojack 14th Apr 18, 6:46 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    Off to get dressed as going out tonight, see you all later xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 14th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 9,138 Posts
    • 126,358 Thanks
    altojack
    Dave when I say dressed, I mean changed. Cant go out in scruffy jeans

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 6:52 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I check on Websleuths daily, loads of info and chat with a couple of locals who are looking out for him.

I read that family didn!!!8217;t want this latest photo in the papers because it!!!8217;s not very clear. I hope it!!!8217;s him though. Yes his brother and fianc! have gone back. I wish them loads of luck in their search, it!!!8217;s time he went home.
    Originally posted by altojack
    In the comments on the FB page someone said they couldn't post the latest photo as it's not clear it's definitely him and they can't risk being sued for posting the image without people's consent if it isn't him. The brother said at first they definitely thought it wasn't him and then he could see some similar characteristics which is why they have gone over with having the other verbal sighting too.
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 14-04-2018 at 6:56 PM.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Off to get dressed as going out tonight, see you all later xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Have a good time AJ x

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Apr 18, 6:54 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,901 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just checked my Amex and they have processed my refund for the weird pink jeans and put the full 19.50 back onto my card. In reality then the Breton top has cost me 2.50

Fingers crossed now that the Marks Jeans I've got to collect on Sunday fit and look nice on

Incidentally I've got to do a Boden return - has anyone done these and if so how exactly does it work.
    I used a 15 gift card and 21 in real money so would I get a gift card applied to my account or would they refund the money bit? Or would it be part credit and part refund...

I got a striped Breton top and pink jeans but the jeans are that weird very fine needlecord so they are going back
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,901 Thanks
    mhoc
    Its over i think it was a one dayer
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I thought it might be ...
    There will be tutting and muttering about the lack of contents of the cupboard by the end of this week even though its Errant son who has himself been scoffing everything in sight ...

I have no excuse to go to Asda tomorrow ...might just be Morrisons for more wonky potatoes ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Apr 18, 7:03 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,901 Thanks
    mhoc
    I know and both washes sheets and then towels were long ones so it was too late to put on another long wash, wishing I had put a delicate wash on now though as it is still really nice out there and would have probably dried this evening. Still hopefully get on top of it all next week.

I even have DD1's summer quilt to wash as my machine is bigger than hers. She will be wanting that soon but I haven't wanted it hanging around indoors.
    I've been using the quick half an hour wash recently for most things apart from a very hot wash for doing the white bed linen and OHs white shirts - better to do a half load in a quick wash rather than wait until there is enough for a full load and put the normal long wash on and see what good drying weather we had vanish under another rain cloud ...
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 27,388 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    My first free tub using a 2.50 generated a second 2.50 voucher but the 2nd one didnt
    Incase of problems I made sure I used the correct nectar card each time
    A couple of mine were to faint to scan and needed manual input by staff, all others worked fine.
    16 15 in freezer, they are nice
    Wonder if it will still work tomorrow?
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Apr 18, 7:48 PM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 318,502 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well if AJ is going out, I best go out too. My carriage is collecting me at 9
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Apr 18, 7:53 PM
    • 29,193 Posts
    • 424,145 Thanks
    tweets
    Mmmmm.....I'm a bit confused.....First I was on list 1.....then moved to list 2.....now I'm on both lists. So the question is who do I pay my 2 to ???
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 34,513 Posts
    • 480,833 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hope TM sees this she gone Sainsbobs
    Originally posted by tweets
    I did indeedy

Just doing a taste test

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 27,388 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    I did indeedy

Just doing a taste test

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Dash!! We tested the same one, oh well, tomorrow may need to test the other
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Apr 18, 7:57 PM
    • 34,513 Posts
    • 480,833 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    But I wasn't using the 's to show possession or form a plural - I was using it informally to show a contraction - and now I've started a sentence with a conjunction
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Grammar school?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 14th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 77,069 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Grammar school?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Jarra
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,102Posts Today

8,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin