Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,837Posts
    • 37,592Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1522
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 28,508 Posts
    • 388,918 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    You will have to wait for the second list to fill/start of the race, to find out
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I always thought the race was at 3pm? Seems I'm early that's a first.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 31,758 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Has anyone tried the 2.50 spend for a tub followed by free ice cream in S (unlimited till spits glitch - so buy one, voucher generated - use that with the next tub and so on ...):

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/breyers-ice-cream-500ml-buy-one-for-250-get-the-whole-shelf-free-sainsburys-2925638?page=3#thread-comments

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks Anon, will get my summer supply now
    a

Whooooooshhhhh! Door bangs shut!!!!
    • underperky
    • By underperky 14th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 64,287 Thanks
    underperky
    how do I pay for Grand National please
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 20,703 Posts
    • 268,446 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    A receipt - two bananas, appearing separately. 7 different items. Why couldn't they have weighed one on the weighing machine and the other at the SS machine?
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 27,123 Posts
    • 325,253 Thanks
    davemorton
    how do I pay for Grand National please
    Originally posted by underperky
    After the race, the winners choose a charity of their choice, then I set up a just giving (virgin charity) page, and everyone makes their donation directly on that page. I will post links to the pages in the charity board, and link from here.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • its a secret 66
    • By its a secret 66 14th Apr 18, 2:54 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 25,099 Thanks
    its a secret 66
    Hi Tweets yes i am on facebook.

Dave what is cornstarch please? Thank you
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Apr 18, 2:59 PM
    • 27,123 Posts
    • 325,253 Thanks
    davemorton

Originally posted by its a secret 66
    Cornflour..
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 27,123 Posts
    • 325,253 Thanks
    davemorton
    Right, must get some cleaning done.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 3:02 PM
    • 28,508 Posts
    • 388,918 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    In all the kerfuffle this morning I have just realised I have forgotten to take my stomach tablet.

And now I have just eaten some left over prawn and egg curry from last night. And a bit of cake.

Must be taken on empty stomach....must remember tomorrow.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th Apr 18, 3:02 PM
    • 20,703 Posts
    • 268,446 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Do you read your PM's
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Private message's - I like those. PMs. Plural, no apostrophe. The apostrophe police are out - I spotted something on a major website last night with an errant apostrophe and since I have nothing better to do...

Sorry this one got picked on at random - I'm sure there have been many more apostrophes posted at times when I have not been here or ever caught up and the world kept spinning nicely.

Meanwhile I just do not understand! I do not understand how anyone could ever put an apostrophe like this as I physically could never bring myself to write or type one (unless done deliberately as at the outset of this post - otherwise I just find it physically impossible to write wrongly - there must be something wrong with me). In fact, mine, without apostrophes, look odd as I'm the only one that ever does it correctly. Correct to a fault.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 3:03 PM
    • 28,508 Posts
    • 388,918 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Right, must get some cleaning done.
    Aww come and do mine for me will you please.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 14th Apr 18, 3:04 PM
    • 28,508 Posts
    • 388,918 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Stuck in the middle with you

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Apr 18, 3:06 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has anyone tried the 2.50 spend for a tub followed by free ice cream in S (unlimited till spits glitch - so buy one, voucher generated - use that with the next tub and so on ...):

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/breyers-ice-cream-500ml-buy-one-for-250-get-the-whole-shelf-free-sainsburys-2925638?page=3#thread-comments

HTH

Anon
    My first free tub using a 2.50 generated a second 2.50 voucher but the 2nd one didnt
    Incase of problems I made sure I used the correct nectar card each time
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 14th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 16,998 Posts
    • 283,514 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Just having a nice G&T. I had not had one in ages, then had some on holiday, and enjoying them again. Had no lemon, so just added a little lemon juice, so all good.
    That's why I keep a jar of those cocktail lemon slices in the fridge

Morning all

Think I need to get some stuff to put on my fence. Anyone know of any good deals please and thanks in advance
    Seen some on Wilko's site http://www.wilko.com/all-exterior-paint/wilko-timbercare-country-brown-5l/invt/0074038
    Anyone know how good that is? Our fence is old. Just needs some colour put back in it lol. Im loathe to change it as it still seems sturdy and knowing my luck if I changed them the new one will collapse at the next hurricane
    too
    Originally posted by gocat
    Stay away from Ronseal, their paint is AWFUL. I do quite like Wickes own brand, cheaper than most of the rest and does the job really well
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Apr 18, 3:24 PM
    • 13,635 Posts
    • 152,239 Thanks
    Anon

HTH

Anon
    Tried earlier and confirmed myself - a voucher produced on each transaction .

Anon
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 14th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    • 4,525 Posts
    • 79,149 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Private message's - I like those. PMs. Plural, no apostrophe. The apostrophe police are out - I spotted something on a major website last night with an errant apostrophe and since I have nothing better to do...
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    But I wasn't using the 's to show possession or form a plural - I was using it informally to show a contraction - and now I've started a sentence with a conjunction
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Apr 18, 3:34 PM
    • 30,838 Posts
    • 436,590 Thanks
    tweets

Sent you a pm was unsure if I could post link to page on here so didn't
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Apr 18, 3:35 PM
    • 13,635 Posts
    • 152,239 Thanks
    Anon
    My first free tub using a 2.50 generated a second 2.50 voucher but the 2nd one didnt
    Incase of problems I made sure I used the correct nectar card each time
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Not sure why it would be different unless the printer was out of paper? Or that store has somehow over ridden it?

Anon
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 14th Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 2,738 Posts
    • 43,925 Thanks
    izzy65
    Hello again sorry i am ambushing the posts this afternoon.

Has anyone got any good tips for removing the smell of dog pee from the carpet please ?
    I keep washing it with allsorts but nothing seem to be working.

She sleeps in the front room so the 'best room' as it were in the house smells like a latrine Only had my new carpet 8 months too.
    Not sure if answered but I was told a soloution made of bio washing powder works as it breaks down the bacteria, have used it myself and it does seem to work.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 14th Apr 18, 3:47 PM
    • 8,105 Posts
    • 141,927 Thanks
    locarr
    Who's NR Locarr, or should I not ask?

Edit: Ahh, think you mean none runners. The numbers on the list are not the actual numbers of the horse (to stop people just picking the favourites, makes it totally random. Looks like 2 people on each list will get none runners, a bit unfair, but it is the luck of the game, and in the rules, I did say.....Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough!
    (Knowing my luck, I will have one of them.
    OK, No worries!

BTW the fave never wins the GN.... I would put my house on it that it doesn't, the race is a lottery with many not passing the finish line.
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge copyright all rights reserved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

537Posts Today

5,303Users online

Martin's Twitter