Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,379Posts
    • 36,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1508
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 13th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 36,301 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Used my '50p off any Fresh Chicken Products' this morning.

SA looked at my mini shop and at the coupon and said 'But have you actually bought any chicken?'

'Nope, just chicken products,' I said, pointing to the box of eggs.

Coupon accepted.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

You have just made my afternoon! Thanks Seren.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 13th Apr 18, 12:46 PM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 36,301 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Not yet. The space they currently occupy is going to be wiped out by a bird cage, the space they occupied before has been wiped out by various other things. If necessary the unit they are in can be moved to the spare room, but not ideal as no real position for it there.

The ideal would be extremely cheap Really Useful Boxes in the 18 litre version, but they would have to be really cheap as I have worked out at the moment I would have to spend 63 on them. I am going to work out how many I could get in some under bed boxes I have found when I get chance. Problem is I want them all accessible and easy to view, so only one layer per box, mainly so grandkids can find them if necessary, and really have to accommodate quite a few console games too. Whatever I do it is going to hurt the pocket
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Under bed boxes sound like a better shape. Would a chest of drawers work, if the drawers are deep enough for a CD sitting on its side?
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Apr 18, 12:51 PM
    • 26,052 Posts
    • 317,013 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thank you - I had read them too and couldn't see qnything, so wondered if I had missed it mentioned somewhere else during sign up.

If all else fails we can pay with AP vouchers . I still haven't planned out how I am going to use all my vouchers - Mands expire at the end of this month .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I never got any AP vouchers for Pizza Express, I only got one of the 20 ones, think you can use them at la tosca and a few other places. The 50 PE voucher was what drove me to play that game, but it was not to be.

See that's how your mind works.

I see charcoal and think of BBQs and hot summer nights

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Summer?? You must have a much better imagination than I.

Enterprise, could you not just get a load of shoe boxes and use them under the bed?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • zee25
    • By zee25 13th Apr 18, 1:04 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    zee25
    Hello
    I had a womble yesterday where the receipt shows a multi buy savin g toiletries 3F2, but the items all show full price on the Asda price guarantee comparison

2x Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml) 4.40 3.00
    1x Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml) 2.20 1.50

I have looked online and these are the travel toiletries which are 3 for 2 in store. If you click on the aeroplane you can see all the other items in the offer. May be useful as fillers if any are cheaper elsewhere?

Thank you all for posting all these bargains online, very helpful x
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 13th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    I ordered that laptop from Wish last night, was having a quick look at the thread on my new phone. My son uses Wish, just means waiting a bit longer. Will be interesting to see what happens, be interesting if the laptop turns up and they try to charge tax, not sure if that will happen, they are in the US and Holland as far as I can see. But we only paid 2 for it technically.
    I also ordered one. Will wait and see
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 13th Apr 18, 1:24 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Just tried an Ainsley Harriot Hot & Sour Cup Soup - very nice
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 13th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 6,781 Thanks
    pepper77
    Talking of ice cream . There is a oppo link going around that you can get 2 x 2 off vouchers for oppo ice cream in Sains.
    Originally posted by gocat
    Got the vouchers but I dont think I'll use them............

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 26,052 Posts
    • 317,013 Thanks
    davemorton
    I love being in the house during the day, all the con calls you get. First one just told me to get lost after I was answering questions, but just using the words yes and no (as he instructed me to do). Then I got another call from somewhere else less that 2 mins later, and she put the phone down after I was asking her what she was wearing as she was giving me strange stirrings deep within. Do these people not have any fun any more?
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th Apr 18, 1:56 PM
    • 4,051 Posts
    • 76,586 Thanks
    Chrisv
    A v Morries

1.71x ASDA Butcher's Selection Boneless Pork Shoulder Joint (Typically 2kg) (per kg) 4.77 4.27
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    • 6,575 Posts
    • 89,478 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good afternoon everyone.

I love being in the house during the day, all the con calls you get. First one just told me to get lost after I was answering questions, but just using the words yes and no (as he instructed me to do). Then I got another call from somewhere else less that 2 mins later, and she put the phone down after I was asking her what she was wearing as she was giving me strange stirrings deep within. Do these people not have any fun any more?
    Originally posted by davemorton

Bet they thought you are a dirty old man
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Apr 18, 2:05 PM
    • 19,139 Posts
    • 206,698 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Under bed boxes sound like a better shape. Would a chest of drawers work, if the drawers are deep enough for a CD sitting on its side?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    It needs to be easily moved.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 13th Apr 18, 2:05 PM
    • 14,549 Posts
    • 234,770 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Hello
    I had a womble yesterday where the receipt shows a multi buy savin g toiletries 3F2, but the items all show full price on the Asda price guarantee comparison

2x Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml) 4.40 3.00

I have looked online and these are the travel toiletries which are 3 for 2 in store. If you click on the aeroplane you can see all the other items in the offer. May be useful as fillers if any are cheaper elsewhere?

Originally posted by zee25
    what aeroplane
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Apr 18, 2:08 PM
    • 19,139 Posts
    • 206,698 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good afternoon everyone.

Bet they thought you are a dirty old man
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Whar do you mean, thought, turns out he is
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 26,052 Posts
    • 317,013 Thanks
    davemorton
    Whar do you mean, thought, turns out he is
    HEY!!! Less of the old missus!
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 13th Apr 18, 2:13 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 20,885 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good afternoon beautiful people! Been away fir a week, any cheeky glitches on, had a quick scan ! Tia
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th Apr 18, 2:14 PM
    • 4,051 Posts
    • 76,586 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Hello

Originally posted by zee25
    Thanks zee Works out at pay 4.40, APG 2.55, so 1.85 for 3, 62p each.

what aeroplane
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    On A .com

Last edited by Chrisv; 13-04-2018 at 2:32 PM.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 13th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Just had an email offer 10 ebay credit if I sell 3 items in the next month
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I just got 10 off wys 30 - doesn't specify any sales but I do happen to have sold 3 things in the last month. Already spent on a giant sack of food for my 2 persians
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th Apr 18, 2:27 PM
    • 4,051 Posts
    • 76,586 Thanks
    Chrisv
    For zippy and DM when they're fatigued

If this is 3 for 2, should compare v Sains at 6.

So pay 20, APG 13.80, 6.20 for 3. Still seems expensive

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Apr 18, 2:28 PM
    • 26,052 Posts
    • 317,013 Thanks
    davemorton
    Blimey, just had another call. I could not handle this every day. So one wanting to ask house hold questions, one saying there was issues with my virgin router, and one saying there was problems with my BT router.
    There should be some way the powers above can stop these calls to stop the vunerable getting scammed.
    I heard of a friend of a friend getting conned the other day. They said they were from BT, and had to give her a refund. Now this person is usually okay with these cons, but the person convinced her that they already had her bank card details, but just needed to confirm them. They told her the first 4 digits on her card (well obviously, all visa's mastercards, etc start with the same 4 digits) but it caught her out and she gave them her details. Luckily they realised and called the bank straight away, but it is a concern how many people daily must be getting ripped off/conned.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    • 26,052 Posts
    • 317,013 Thanks
    davemorton
    For zippy and DM when they're fatigued

If this is 3 for 2, should compare v Sains at 6.

So pay 20, APG 13.80, 6.20 for 3. Still seems expensive
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    But im worth it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,371Posts Today

6,351Users online

Martin's Twitter