Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,650Posts
    • 37,083Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1498
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 31,255 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Thanks IzzeyB for Ainsley

Only 2 flavours to try

22 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    Asda tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g)0.10N/A
    5x Ainsley Harriott Broccoli & Stilton Cup Soup (72g)
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg)0.100.10
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Instant Noodles (65g)0.200.20
    10x Ainsley Harriott Cream of Wild Mushroom Cup Soup (75g
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk)0.100.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g)0.100.10
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g)0.100.10
    1x ASDA Classic Tomato Ketchup (470g)0.45N/A
    2x Bertolli Block with Butter & Olive Oil (250g)3.202.00
    Comparison total (compared products only)18.80 10.10
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 6:54 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 92,941 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Where do I find my Smilies?
    Originally posted by Saversue

Are you using IE Saversue ?

I don't have no Smilies if using IE
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    • 5,446 Posts
    • 95,778 Thanks
    scamps1966
    SweetnSavvy was that today? Does that mean the 342 in store is still working please? I thought yesterday was the last day?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    No it's finished but they'd left the signs up, so they had to give me a refund for one bottle and a 2 giftcard for overcharging me.

Sns
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    I picked up a womble today, time 5pm, that has 6 bottles of wine with the 342 discount on. Hardys nottage hill red. I'll post results after 8pm.
    Thank you so much Scamps and Pandora. I shall print some and use them. Good for when the kids visit but also for the food bank.

Edit: I am getting the 404 error too after I click through a few pages.
    I've tried all browsers and I'm getting the 404 error also. Just as well I printed a 'few' last week.

Evening peeps.

I don't like this new layout!!

Ages ago I mentioned that I was having problems with my Alcatel phone, well today I treated myself to a new one, albeit second hand. I got the Huawei P8 lite 2016 (dosen't have the fingerprint thingy) It look absolutely brand new though. Paid 75 and got 40 for the crappy Alcatel so 35 for it.

Lovely phone but I cant find out how to download the APG app. I've looked on Google play but it only shows the Asda shopping app! I used to use it when I'm out and about to check wombles.

Also, a big thanks to IzzeyB about the soup. Bought 50 of the Ainsley cuppa soups. Lovely on an evening with some toast.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    • 17,681 Posts
    • 212,951 Thanks
    mhoc
    I also had a Sainsburys till spit MOC last week for Breyers ice cream for 2.50 off which I had no intention of using as it was 5 a tub
    But on 10ways last night someone had spotted it now on offer for 2.50, half price - ie free ice cream

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=breyers

So I got my tub, chocolate version, today and I then noticed the end freezer with random items dumped into it with no relevant SELS. Right at the bottom I noticed black and white striped tubs which were Judes black coconut ice cream. It rang a bell vaguely - seen it mentioned somewhere or maybe 10ways or total couponery or suchlike in March.
    I took 2 to the till and they went through for 44p each
    Then out popped another till spit - again for 2.50 MOC for Breyers ice cream so I went back and got the vanilla version
    So 2 free tubs of ice cream and 2 Judes for 88p
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Apr 18, 7:01 PM
    • 14,966 Posts
    • 238,475 Thanks
    zippydooda

Does anyone know, please, whether I can sneak an A gift card into my shop and pay with an APG? I know the t&c say not, but I have a feeling this has been done successfully? Thanks in advance.
    [/B]

Used to be able to, but not since we had to register APG's to our 'in-store' accounts.
    Till adjusts your APG value to only include permitted purchase items.
    So if you had groceries to value of 5 and put in a GC for 10. Then presented APG's to value of 15. The till adjusts the value of the APG to 5 - so you still have to find payment for the 10 (and lose 10 value on your APG's so don't risk it!)
    Originally posted by simone10
    fake news
    i regularly put apgs onto gift cards

you can only put any value of a multi saving as the till sees the full price
    eg
    todays soup glitch
    10 x heinz soup tins

till sees 10 x 95p = 9.50
    actual in store after multi = 6

this means you can put up to 3.50 on to a gift card as thats the difference in price after multi.
    chrisv also does this. i do it on self service most of the time.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Apr 18, 7:03 PM
    • 3,426 Posts
    • 50,954 Thanks
    elainemn
    Guess who came home without buying the soups . Need to go back out again (or am I too lazy).
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 14,966 Posts
    • 238,475 Thanks
    zippydooda
    But if you buy wine that is 5 and 3 for 2, the till sees 15 spent so you can get a 5 gift card and pay with apg's
    Originally posted by elainemn
    correct .
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 12th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 2,693 Posts
    • 50,127 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    I picked up a womble today, time 5pm, that has 6 bottles of wine with the 342 discount on. Hardys nottage hill red. I'll post results after 8pm.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Whilst in sada at lunch noticed 3 4 2 still on certain wines
    Villa Jolanda Prosecco 8
    Heidseck blue top 27
    Piper Heidseck 27
    Cotes de Provence Rose 8.48
    La Moneda Malbec 6.48
    La Moneda Premium Merlot 6.48
    Nottage Hill Cabernet Shiraz 6.48
    Nottage Hill Sauvignon Blanc 6.48
    Not sure if they are old sel's or ned offer if anyone is passing and cares to check
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 12th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Evening guys

And where the bladdy hell do you think you've been all this time without a passout??!! People have been concerned
    Originally posted by davemorton
    And did you not see my apologies on my return, and a full breakdown of my reasons for being AWOL

Thanks everyone for being so concernecd

I was born before the charts began!! x
    Originally posted by lesliejack
    I noticed when I checked mine that they started in November '52 so I just made it with July '53

We have a local store well I say store it's an industrial unit, not tried it yet but it sells stuff close to or past BB date but you tend to have to buy in bulk so not tried it yet.

Anyone local to me it's called "Rogers" and thy have a FB page to show what they have in stock.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I regularly visit Rogers when I am down visiting the lads. Good value and they get plenty gluten free/vegan stuff in to make it worth my while. Steve and I usually go to the original Poole one, but also the Southampton one which opened later last year. They have now opened on in Plymouth too and have plans to spread further around the region. We have got to know the guys running it and they seem on the ball business wise. Certainly worth a visit
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Apr 18, 7:10 PM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 23,843 Thanks
    Saversue
    Are you using IE Saversue ?

I don't have no Smilies if using IE
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thanks, yes, used to have them on old skin.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 12th Apr 18, 7:13 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    I would have liked some of the glitchy wine, not for myself but great for raffle prizes, and for a friend and my B'i'L, but I just couldn't push myself to get out there for any

But I really must get back into it, so hoping for more glitches to come .......... on anything lol
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 92,941 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thanks, yes, used to have them on old skin.
    Originally posted by Saversue

Not worked for me for a long time and I have still have the old skin, just less of it lol

Work fine for me on Chrome, Mozilla and Opera

• scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 5,446 Posts
    • 95,778 Thanks
    scamps1966
    I came across this exercise suggested for seniors, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on. The article suggested doing it three days a week. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then 50-lb. potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each sack.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 7:16 PM
    • 20,038 Posts
    • 213,017 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I have deep envy of everyones bargain stalls and shops this afternoon, even though technically I am not needing anything

Especially ground coffee which OH buys - mostly he buys it for work
    And the gingerbread candles, my own fault as they were still around at the start of April when we got home ...

We have though made it to Sainsburys today with the recycling. Mostly I was in search of shopimum freebies which our store does not stock but I live in hope.
    I did though get the free Primula cheese tubes for shopimum - good for going on the numerous free crackers type things we got last month.

Sainsburys are making a huge effort to promote their own brand items now at lower prices - they are actually making a very good effort so if anyone normally avoids Sainsburys then its worth another look see - every section has red lower priced SELS - off the top of my head I noticed on the cook in sauce section various curry and spiced type jars for 63p and pasta type sauces for 83p or similar - much lower than the branded versions. At first glance I wondered if they were RTC but it seems to be the new low prices.

For instance

Sainsburys have their own brand cat food tins in gravy - they have just rebranded their own cat food and they are part of the low price range. The packs of 6 tins are now 2.30 (were 2.50) so that's 0.38 per can - cheaper now than Aldi canned food which is/was 0.39p a tin - so a regular shopping list item has now gone from the Aldi list onto the Sainsburys list
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Interesting. For ages the Value Peanut Butter was 65p in Tesco and Sainsbury and Asda, something like that anyway, then all of a sudden it went up to 90p in Sainsbury, so put that jar back and bought in Asda. Now it is 65p in Asda, 70p in Tesco and Sainsbury. I try to stock up in Asda but can't always get there, Sainsbury is generally more convenient than Tesco as there is a small one in a town I go to.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    CoS has processed my first ever cash back payment today

I will wear my Elite badge with pride now.

Just over 20 in one month and all stuff I will use I think maybe not the Happy Downs
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes

Well done, and that's the way to go, stuff you need/will use.

I had a lightbulb moment
    when I realised that I didn't have to buy cheap sweets as fillers, but buy stuff I would use, like 1 onion, 1 carrot!

PS , I've looked and looked, but never found a Happy Down yet!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 17,681 Posts
    • 212,951 Thanks
    mhoc
    Interesting. For ages the Value Peanut Butter was 65p in Tesco and Sainsbury and Asda, something like that anyway, then all of a sudden it went up to 90p in Sainsbury, so put that jar back and bought in Asda. Now it is 65p in Asda, 70p in Tesco and Sainsbury. I try to stock up in Asda but can't always get there, Sainsbury is generally more convenient than Tesco as there is a small one in a town I go to.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Yes I just had a look at mysupermarket and it said your peanut butter is 20% below its average price - a significant price change.

If this is typical across quite a range of products its well worth having another look at Sainsburys
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Apr 18, 7:26 PM
    • 17,681 Posts
    • 212,951 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well done, and that's the way to go, stuff you need/will use.

I had a lightbulb moment
    when I realised that I didn't have to buy cheap sweets as fillers, but buy stuff I would use, like 1 onion, 1 carrot!

PS , I've looked and looked, but never found a Happy Down yet!
    Originally posted by pippo
    In our small store its not on the section - its on an end fixture.
    I tend to screen shot the peculiar things I need so I've a picture so when I can track down staff we go on a treasure hunt for them
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 536 Posts
    • 22,342 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    APG 6.75 Huge thanks!

15 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Mexican Style Micro Rice (250g) 0.59 0.65
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) 0.23 0.24
    2x Ainsley Harriott Aromatic Thai Chicken & Lemongrass Cup Soup (69g) 2.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Batter Mix (128g) 0.15 N/A
    4x Ainsley Harriott Cream of Wild Mushroom Cup Soup (75g) 4.00 2.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g) 0.65 0.70
    1x ASDA Smart Price Pasta Shapes (500g) 0.32 0.30
    1x ASDA Smart Price Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (380g) 0.48 N/A
    4x Ainsley Harriott Szechuan Hot & Sour Cup Soup (60g) 4.00 2.00
    1x ASDA Spreadable with Real Butter Light (500g) 2.10 1.05
    Comparison total (compared products only) 13.89 7.94
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 23,843 Thanks
    Saversue
    Scamps, which flavours of the Ainsley H soup did, you get, it's showing not available for Mulligatawny ,Veg Chowder and Broc & Stilton In T's .
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    • 20,038 Posts
    • 213,017 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Yes I just had a look at mysupermarket and it said your peanut butter is 20% below its average price - a significant price change.

If this is typical across quite a range of products its well worth having another look at Sainsburys
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Their T bags are still 50p for 40 though.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

3,833Users online

Martin's Twitter