Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,844Posts
    • 37,612Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1497
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 12th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    • 2,738 Posts
    • 43,925 Thanks
    izzy65
    TS it doesnt
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 28,508 Posts
    • 388,918 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    TS it doesnt
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Evening Izzy thanks for checking.

Did you see I mentioned full fat coke at Approved Foods 3 x 500ml for 1.20 not sure if any good to you.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hi - I've been lurking a lot on here recently. I find a lot of the discussions really confusing! But I'm trying to read and learn.

I just wanted to say thank you. I picked up my order of 10 gingerbread candles today - very impressed. I will be giving these away to the few people I give Christmas gifts to. Who would ever know they only cost 25p a pop?!

How can they be cost effective???? Surely they must cost more than that to make, then ship and not to mention the meters and meters of cling film they were wrapped in!

Very grateful thank you
    Originally posted by determined new ms
    Welcome! I am going to pick mine up on Saturday.

Reading the first post (possibly more, I haven't checked) will help a lot. And people here are very ready to help explain things if you need a bit of extra help.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Wine and soup shop from today

12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Baxters Favourites Chicken Broth (400g) 1.07 0.75
    1x Baxters Favourites Minestrone Soup (400g) 1.07 0.75
    1x Baxters Favourites Cream of Tomato (400g) 1.07 0.75
    3x Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Grigio (75cl) 17.94 15.75
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.11
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Orange (each) 0.30 0.30
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lime (each) 0.30 0.35
    1x Ainsley Harriott Szechuan Hot & Sour Cup Soup (60g) 1.00 0.50
    1x Baxters Favourites Potato & Leek Soup (400g) 1.07 N/A
    1x Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar Cheese (550g) 5.00. 2.50

I was originally going for the Heinz soups v M but when I saw that they still had the 342 signs up I switched to A v T and as the soups were straight prices in T I mixed the baxters and ainsley. My A didn't have a lot of choice of either and sadly the Pot and leek came back n/a, which is a shame as I checked T website.

Anyway I giftcard later and I'm more than happy.

Big thanks to Elaine and Izzey for all their hard work.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy was that today? Does that mean the 342 in store is still working please? I thought yesterday was the last day?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 28,508 Posts
    • 388,918 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    CoS has processed my first ever cash back payment today

I will wear my Elite badge with pride now.

Just over 20 in one month and all stuff I will use I think maybe not the Happy Downs
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    Picasso7
    yes that sounds familiar and there was a finest cookies multi glitch as well although i didnt get any of them.just received my 50 worth of m&s vouchers for taking out their car insurance,bit diappointing they seem bit like the ap ones,only valid till end of july,same exclusions as ap so no alcohol.no sale goods.m&s are getting far too good at this.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    You can buy ill-fitting clothes and return them without a receipt for a credit note. I do this in a large store and go to CS straight away so that the price doesn't have a chance to change.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 13,636 Posts
    • 152,239 Thanks
    Anon
    Robinsons 1 voucher still working.

https://robinsonssquash.co.uk/
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Thank you - I just get a server error no mater which browser I use .

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Apr 18, 6:24 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also on COS there are 5 Mash Direct products on BOGOF but only from Morrison's.

Sometimes you see them in the reduced to clear fridge - our store has them with the "Free from" section so its not easy to find them.

Months back I found a pile of MOCs for mash Direct in our bigger Morrisons - only 25p but with very long use by dates and I still have 4 left . Errant son likes the vegetable bakes, very big thick burger shaped things that go well to bulk out meals like sausages and chops.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 12th Apr 18, 6:24 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 8,624 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy was that today? Does that mean the 342 in store is still working please? I thought yesterday was the last day?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    No it's finished but they'd left the signs up, so they had to give me a refund for one bottle and a 2 giftcard for overcharging me.

Sns
    • simone10
    • By simone10 12th Apr 18, 6:25 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 13,624 Thanks
    simone10
    Picasso
    Elaine and everyone who posted wine shops. Thank you so much. Life has been a bit full since before Easter and last night when I got home at 9.30 pm I gathered my lists together and sallied forth for a wine shop for my birthday and Mum's !!!8211; we are both celebrating significant birthdays in the next couple of months. I am very grateful to the people who warned that signage had been removed as it had been in my A too. As it was so late, they were restocking shelves so I asked the guy in the wine aisle and he assured me the offer had finished on Tuesday. But I decided the Elite knew better, went to check three bottles and indeed the Elite did! I didn't convey this info to kind man but he was great and gave me boxes of the wines I wanted so they were easy to carry. So I just need a chocolate glitch now so that I can strew chocolate on the dinner tables!

So thanks, everyone.

Does anyone know, please, whether I can sneak an A gift card into my shop and pay with an APG? I know the t&c say not, but I have a feeling this has been done successfully? Thanks in advance.

Used to be able to, but not since we had to register APG's to our 'in-store' accounts.
    Till adjusts your APG value to only include permitted purchase items.
    So if you had groceries to value of 5 and put in a GC for 10. Then presented APG's to value of 15. The till adjusts the value of the APG to 5 - so you still have to find payment for the 10 (and lose 10 value on your APG's so don't risk it!)
    The end is nigh
    • simone10
    • By simone10 12th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 13,624 Thanks
    simone10
    Anon
    Thank you - I just get a server error no mater which browser I use .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I just get server error too. I'm using Chrome
    The end is nigh
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    Picasso7
    yes the dtd,jacobs creek rose,baileys,racks of lamb,pringles are a few i remember from those days that was when i first started on mse really.the magnums i was thinkin of was a different one you could get cornettos as well,we got ours from the local express,i miss the work experience doing the wed promos.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    I am still getting through the dishwasher tablets from that DTD promotion which ended on the same day as the Royal Wedding! Those racks of lamb were wonderful. Sadly my local T didn't stock them which rather cramped my style a bit and it was very late in the day before I discovered an Extra reasonably close by which I had not realised was there. But they were absolutely delicious. Do I remember that they were either free or that they paid us to take them away?! Happy days.

We still do really well even though the days of that OTT DTD have gone as have the days when they would take any coupon. I remember when I bought my first flat and the interest rates seemed to be going up every month. I used to use any coupon I could find, but they were not numerous as I couldn't afford mags, and there didn't seem to be whoopsies around either, except sometimes from market stalls. I really struggled to make ends meet, cycled to work and couldn't afford to eat out at all. Far more freebees around now, though I don't underestimate how hard it is for some people to make ends meet.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 6:31 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    Picasso7
    No it's finished but they'd left the signs up, so they had to give me a refund for one bottle and a 2 giftcard for overcharging me.

Sns
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    Fantastic! My store never makes mistakes like that... Well done you.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    Picasso7
    [/B]

Used to be able to, but not since we had to register APG's to our 'in-store' accounts.
    So if you had groceries to value of 5 and put in a GC for 10. Then presented APG's to value of 15. The till adjusts the value of the APG to 5 - so you still have to find payment for the 10 (and lose 10 value on your APG's so don't risk it!)
    Originally posted by simone10
    What a shame! Thank you so much for letting me know. I shall not risk it. I shall buy ill-fitting bedding instead, I expect.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 52,801 Thanks
    elainemn
    [/B]

Originally posted by simone10
    But if you buy wine that is 5 and 3 for 2, the till sees 15 spent so you can get a 5 gift card and pay with apg's
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Apr 18, 6:41 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 52,801 Thanks
    elainemn
    Oh sorry TS it's a one off called 'Barry's Bargains' in Consett, Co. Durham.

Today's haul included 8 full sized lion bars - 1
    Battenburg 40p
    Tubs of white drinking chocolate - 50p
    8 (big) bags of walkers crisps 1
    12 pack of Cheddars - 1
    3 boxes of Jacobs Crisptoasts - 60p (they are really nice!)
    1.35 litres Fairy WUL - 1

The shop grew from a market stall and most things are around about their sell by date. It is a great shop for all the things that are bad for you, chocolate, biscuits, crisps etc.
    The cakes are usually Mr Kipling's or M&S without the packaging!

They also have black pudding and and pease pudding for us northerners!

PS haven't tried the coffee yet, it might be carp!
    Originally posted by pippo
    hi Pippo
    I am originally from Consett and know barries very well. My cousin work there.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Apr 18, 6:42 PM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 24,284 Thanks
    Saversue
    It seems 'thinner' to me, I have put my screen size up to 125% and it still isnt touching the edges.

Just don't like it, hate things changing, don't know where anything is and can't see as many posts at once.

Originally posted by davemorton
    [QUOTE=Tinyshoes;74151305]It was announced few weeks back that the stretchy skin was going...

But it said I could still have the newer green one when it changed, but I have got a horrible blue one now.
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 12th Apr 18, 6:42 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 24,938 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    You can buy ill-fitting clothes and return them without a receipt for a credit note. I do this in a large store and go to CS straight away so that the price doesn't have a chance to change.

i`m not sure because i thought we had discussed that with the ap vouchers they wouldnt issue a credit note with those and the wording is v,similar on these.if i hadnt used the ap vouchers to buy sheets i would have stocked up on bedding,it may have to be that again.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    I have deep envy of everyones bargain stalls and shops this afternoon, even though technically I am not needing anything

Especially ground coffee which OH buys - mostly he buys it for work
    And the gingerbread candles, my own fault as they were still around at the start of April when we got home ...

We have though made it to Sainsburys today with the recycling. Mostly I was in search of shopimum freebies which our store does not stock but I live in hope.
    I did though get the free Primula cheese tubes for shopimum - good for going on the numerous free crackers type things we got last month.

Sainsburys are making a huge effort to promote their own brand items now at lower prices - they are actually making a very good effort so if anyone normally avoids Sainsburys then its worth another look see - every section has red lower priced SELS - off the top of my head I noticed on the cook in sauce section various curry and spiced type jars for 63p and pasta type sauces for 83p or similar - much lower than the branded versions. At first glance I wondered if they were RTC but it seems to be the new low prices.

For instance

Sainsburys have their own brand cat food tins in gravy - they have just rebranded their own cat food and they are part of the low price range. The packs of 6 tins are now 2.30 (were 2.50) so that's 0.38 per can - cheaper now than Aldi canned food which is/was 0.39p a tin - so a regular shopping list item has now gone from the Aldi list onto the Sainsburys list
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 24,284 Thanks
    Saversue
    Where do I find my Smilies?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,256Posts Today

8,274Users online

Martin's Twitter