Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,837Posts
    • 37,592Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1494
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 12th Apr 18, 12:42 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 24,938 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Yes I got loads of cereal bars and hardly ate any of the "moments" ones even when newer they tasted like cardboard no one liked them. I posted about them last year as was thinking of putting out for the birds but the chocolate ones ended up in the compost as someone kindly posted they were not suitable.

I wasn't sure if the cereal box was from the same glitch. Not sure if it's clear the BB date is 2014. So yes 5 years ago sounds about right, I think that box was rescued from my mite infestation in what was my bathroom if anyone remembers that.

Funny that the mites or what ever they were never went for the SpecK wonder if trying to tell me something.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes

how could we forget the bathroom incident..i only remember it was that long as it was around the time i had a op and wasnt allowed to do anything so had to send my less than willing oh to get things.the magnum ice lollies come to mind for those multi glitches and lurpack was good one.
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 12th Apr 18, 12:48 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 24,938 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    I remember that one, you were supposed to be able to print one voucher but you could do it everyday. That was just before I found the Elite so 2012 I would say.

I think the boxes of Special K were in T, 3 for 2 rather than 3 for 2. I remember losing money on that one as my parents ended up nabbing most of them from me
    Originally posted by pk04
    yes that sounds familiar and there was a finest cookies multi glitch as well although i didnt get any of them.just received my 50 worth of m&s vouchers for taking out their car insurance,bit diappointing they seem bit like the ap ones,only valid till end of july,same exclusions as ap so no alcohol.no sale goods.m&s are getting far too good at this.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 12:48 PM
    • 20,590 Posts
    • 217,010 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    My last lot of Special K was from when Ts used to do their Wednesday errors, I cant recall what offer they got wrong that time but was enough for me to get straight down there and grab quite a few boxes.

Edit - I see PK got the detail right
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Apr 18, 12:53 PM
    • 796 Posts
    • 35,284 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    how could we forget the bathroom incident..i only remember it was that long as it was around the time i had a op and wasnt allowed to do anything so had to send my less than willing oh to get things.the magnum ice lollies come to mind for those multi glitches and lurpack was good one.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    I remember getting Magnum Lollies and all sorts of other things free from T when they were 2 in T and 1 in A - I think T were doubling the price match?
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 12th Apr 18, 1:10 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 24,938 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    I remember getting Magnum Lollies and all sorts of other things free from T when they were 2 in T and 1 in A - I think T were doubling the price match?
    Originally posted by pandoraskids

yes the dtd,jacobs creek rose,baileys,racks of lamb,pringles are a few i remember from those days that was when i first started on mse really.the magnums i was thinkin of was a different one you could get cornettos as well,we got ours from the local express,i miss the work experience doing the wed promos.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Apr 18, 1:22 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 32,673 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Originally posted by pandoraskids

I remember that one...it was a hot summers day and it was at a T express where this worked...it was the first glitch that I purposely left home and went out for

I saw it on 10wys - an acquaintance went into a garage with T express bought 1 lot of the glitch then told the manager the price was wrong and the manager then refused the sale of any other boxes- how stupid of my acquaintance
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 1:25 PM
    • 20,590 Posts
    • 217,010 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I remember that one...it was a hot summers day and it was at a T express where this worked...it was the first glitch that I purposely left home and went out for

I saw it on 10wys - an acquaintance went into a garage with T express bought 1 lot of the glitch then told the manager the price was wrong and the manager then refused the sale of any other boxes- how stupid of my acquaintance
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    It was the first one I went out for on purpose too, probably not long after our local Express opened.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 796 Posts
    • 35,284 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Was someone saying the Robinson's website wasn't working? It is for me. Perhaps try a different browser?

Did someone say there is a way to get them totally free please?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    It was Scamps I am contemplating giving this a go this afternoon

Evening peeps.

I am totally deaf in my left ear. Build up of wax apparently. I've tried every method to clear it but to no avail! I'm due to have it syringed in 2 weeks. I've had it for 2 months now! It's just so weird going out as all the sounds seem to come from a different place!

On a plus note. If you have the Robinsons vouchers, You can use them on the self serve in T's for the 2 for 2 squash without any intervention, making them free. Just use 2 at a time.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    • nanx4
    • By nanx4 12th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    nanx4
    Hi all

soup v M

1x ASDA Snack Size Caramel Chews 6 Pack (6x38g) 0.68 N/A
    2x Heinz Scotch Broth (400g) 1.90 1.20
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Blueberry & Raspberry Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1lt) 0.37 0.45
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    2x Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup (400g) 1.90 1.20
    2x Heinz Lentil & Bacon Soup (400g) 1.90 1.20
    2x Heinz Cream of Mushroom Soup (400g) 1.90 1.20
    2x Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup (400g) 1.90 1.20
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) 0.60 0.56
    1x ASDA Smart Price Red Kidney Beans in Water (400g) 0.30 0.30
    Comparison total (compared products only) 10.87 7.41
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Apr 18, 1:57 PM
    • 7,480 Posts
    • 61,540 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Was someone saying the Robinson's website wasn't working? It is for me. Perhaps try a different browser?

Did someone say there is a way to get them totally free please?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I've tried 3 different browsers, keep getting "Server Error 404 file or directory not found"
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Apr 18, 2:10 PM
    • 796 Posts
    • 35,284 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    I've tried 3 different browsers, keep getting "Server Error 404 file or directory not found"
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

I am now getting this in chrome - was ok when I printed some yesterday though
    • Old Bill
    • By Old Bill 12th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 1,098 Thanks
    Old Bill
    Have bought Baxters and Ainsley soups. Offer was not showing on SEL but multi came off ok. Will report back later with results. Thanks Izzeyb for the info
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 24,284 Thanks
    Saversue
    Ahhhh, just tuned in and web pages have changed. Very disconcerting -
    I can now see badges with number of posts and years of service and a different symbol for quotes and multi-quotes and a green or red light.

Thought it had changed to new look as first but it's not that.
    Has it happened to anyone else or am I just a freak !

Edit -maybe it is the new one, gone to check.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 2:59 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 94,643 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Lidl Weekend Offers 21st and 22nd April

Cimarosa Chilean Pedro Jimenez 75 cl 2.99

Primadonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750 mls 1.79

Deluxe Antipasti Platter 100g 99p

Freshona Tomato Passata, 720 mls 49p

• Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 12th Apr 18, 3:03 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 5,448 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    This is probably a stupid question, but could you mix the Crosse&Blackwell and Baxters Favourites vs Tesco? As long as you bought 20 of the C&B, and in 5s for the Baxters? I can't think why it wouldn't work, but I just wanted to double check. Also, could you add the Ainsleys Cuppas in to the same shop?

Thanks!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Apr 18, 3:06 PM
    • 20,703 Posts
    • 268,446 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Vs M

1x Heinz Spring Vegetable Soup (400g) 0.95 0.60
    1x Andrex Supreme Washlets (40pk) 1.50 1.00 (for TCB)
    1x Heinz Scotch Broth (400g) 0.95 0.60
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.00
    1x Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup (400g) 0.95 0.60
    1x Heinz Minestrone Soup (400g) 0.95 0.60
    1x Heinz Vegetable Soup (400g) 0.95 0.60

Plus another item of your choice that compares well against M.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 94,643 Thanks
    izzeyb
    I can now see badges with number of posts and years of service and a different symbol for quotes and multi-quotes and a green or red light.

Originally posted by Saversue

Was fine this morning and mine changed this afternoon
    Last edited by izzeyb; 12-04-2018 at 3:18 PM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 3:18 PM
    • 20,590 Posts
    • 217,010 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Not seen mine change at all.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Apr 18, 3:20 PM
    • 27,123 Posts
    • 325,253 Thanks
    davemorton

Originally posted by Saversue
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    It seems 'thinner' to me, I have put my screen size up to 125% and it still isnt touching the edges.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 94,643 Thanks
    izzeyb
    It seems 'thinner' to me, I have put my screen size up to 125% and it still isnt touching the edges.

Originally posted by davemorton

Definitely thinner
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

361Posts Today

2,788Users online

Martin's Twitter