Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,381Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1493
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 12th Apr 18, 10:19 AM
    • 386 Posts
    • 7,146 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

Hope everyone is well. I'm sick of the rain - don't know when I'll be able to mow my swamp

Me this morning:

Good thought "After my goats milk kefir I"ll have my usual handful of blueberries and fruit"

Walking towards fruit bowl with coffee in hand

Naughty thought: "Oh those giant chocolate muffins were opened yesterday, don't want them to go stale, Mmmmmmm! grab one to go with your coffee now"

Good thought " keep looking ahead at the fruit bowl, keep going"

Naughty thought: "Oh look, a solitary chocolate Barny Bear is lying on the biscuit tin, that would go really well with your coffee"

Good thought won - the first of many little Good thought v naughty thoughts battles
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Apr 18, 10:46 AM
    • 6,581 Posts
    • 89,517 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Well done JTS, keep off those naughty items. Saying that, I finished an easter egg off yesterday, it kept staring at me but I did do body blitz last night, so hopefully burnt it back off
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Apr 18, 10:54 AM
    • 7,076 Posts
    • 58,559 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Morning all, didn't see much in way of reductions yesterday as I wasn't in until the afternoon but I did see lynx signature white can with gold front down to 32p and sanex mens deo down to 47p

I have been given my own section at work now as I seem to be good at sorting and selling it...........not sure if that's a good thing or not lol I do like to wander. I'm going to flit around with the hand scanner today for a little bit though
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    I was in SD first thing yesterday and first thing today, no reductions apart from some Nivea stubble gel for 90p.. not low enough for me. and I don't need a 12p rain hat.
    Maybe my SD are not putting the cheap labels out I dunno
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 11:07 AM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Morning

Thought I would share my Elite breakfast this morning, no idea what glitch I got the SpecK from maybe someone might remember from the date on the pack.

I find whoopsied organic milk seems to last ages Wonder what the record is?

Banana was free Mr TS brought few back from an event.

Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 27,955 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning peeps.

W shops seem to have gone quiet.
    I'm passing one today but have zero coupons, is there anything worth getting please?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 11:15 AM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I was in SD first thing yesterday and first thing today, no reductions apart from some Nivea stubble gel for 90p.. not low enough for me. and I don't need a 12p rain hat.
    Maybe my SD are not putting the cheap labels out I dunno
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Don't think there is a huge amount RTC in SD at the moment, you can usually see the prices going down over few weeks.

The balmis I found thanks Sarahskint. I also bought the Nivea stubble gel for 90p as when I checked it's 4.50 in Sainsbury at the moment and that's on offer, and it's over 6 in Boots.

Having been an avid follower of their reductions over many years it goes quiet some times.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Apr 18, 11:16 AM
    • 26,056 Posts
    • 317,039 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good morning lovely peoples

Hope everyone is well. I'm sick of the rain - don't know when I'll be able to mow my swamp

Me this morning:

Good thought "After my goats milk kefir I"ll have my usual handful of blueberries and fruit"

Walking towards fruit bowl with coffee in hand

Naughty thought: "Oh those giant chocolate muffins were opened yesterday, don't want them to go stale, Mmmmmmm! grab one to go with your coffee now"

Naughty thought: "Oh look, a solitary chocolate Barny Bear is lying on the biscuit tin, that would go really well with your coffee"

Good thought won - the first of many little Good thought v naughty thoughts battles
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Best have a choc muffin and a Barny Bear bar as a reward for being so good

TS, I remember the Special K glitch, was in teskies I believe (or was it adsa, im starting to doubt myself now ). Oh, I do miss teskies glitches.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Ellsey
    • By Ellsey 12th Apr 18, 11:18 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 1,301 Thanks
    Ellsey
    Hi Ellsey,

You can order the 02 and Three sim cards for free on their websites. Then just put each one into your phone to register the apps. After that's done you can take the sim cards out and put your normal one in and the apps will continue to work.
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Wow, that's a lot easier than I thought, thank you x
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 12th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 5,485 Posts
    • 72,146 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    First single I ever bought was Excerpt from a Teenage Opera aka Grocer Jack.

I was 12 and felt very grown up.

Fast forward 51 years and my DGD has just turned 9. Her gifts include tickets to see Ed Sheeran
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    OMG I love that song. Most people don't know what I'm on about when I call it by its real name but they all know Grocer Jack.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 14,788 Posts
    • 254,948 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

More mobile today, will rest the foot as much as possible as tomorrow we go to see Count Arthur Strong Luckily Fourp booked tickets when they first came out so we have stalls seats with leg room
    Night in Premier Inn too
    Hopefully I can go shopping if I get there early & then rest foot until we have to go to theatre

Really pleased with house booked in Tenby - it has cheered us up no end Plus friends coming too & Fourp & his mate have bagged the bunk beds

Bestest Llovelies - sorry I'm out the loop & wish everyone well
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Morning peeps.

W shops seem to have gone quiet.
    I'm passing one today but have zero coupons, is there anything worth getting please?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I had a look around when I got couple Easter eggs 75% off last week but couldn't see anything worth buying without having a conditional spend.

I hoped I might get a till split but nothing. Nothing through the post since last October I think it was, I know the coupons expired November as thought at the time too early for my xmas shop. DD got xmas vouchers and some after xmas telling her about the mywaitrose stopping, all I got was email and I have not changed any of my settings.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 27,955 Thanks
    curl girl
    I had a look around when I got couple Easter eggs 75% off last week but couldn't see anything worth buying without having a conditional spend.

I hoped I might get a till split but nothing. Nothing through the post since last October I think it was, I know the coupons expired November as thought at the time too early for my xmas shop. DD got xmas vouchers and some after xmas telling her about the mywaitrose stopping, all I got was email and I have not changed any of my settings.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Thanks.
    The excitement of planning a shop has gone now.
    I'll just be a posh muggle today then and spend a tenner. Would my coffee and paper be included in my 10 total?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 12th Apr 18, 11:43 AM
    • 5,485 Posts
    • 72,146 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Really struggling to keep up at the moment but just skimmed the last few days so hope I haven't missed anything bargainous.
    Despite not being given a choice, Rana money arrived in my bank account yesterday. Thank you OP
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Apr 18, 11:49 AM
    • 7,076 Posts
    • 58,559 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Is anyone else having a problem getting the Wobinson moc to come up? I keep getting an error page.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 5,293 Posts
    • 63,770 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I only discovered this thread by accident. My mom used to collect coupons when I was small roughly 30-35 years ago - we used to get loads as my aunt used to deliver leaflets which normally consisted of money off coupons and there were always plenty of spares.

Safeway would take anything and when I was in my late teens/early twenties I always had a bundle in my bag just in case I popped in for anything. I even had my favourite till operators who would take loads some would only take a certain amount.

Sadly very few coupons and you have to buy the product but I still hunt out for bargains. Top bargain this week when I went into my local One Stop was a pork leg joint reduced from 4.50 to 1.35. So far it has fed four as a roast dinner, two as sandwiches and there is probably still enough left for two or three more lots of sandwiches. I do have an electric slicer which makes it go way further than cutting my hand.
    Originally posted by BargainJunky
    Nice bargain with the pork.

It's a good reminder that we mustn't underestimate the corner shops/small shops, I often do well at McColl as they reduce fruit and veg to pennies, and bread to 10/15p.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Best have a choc muffin and a Barny Bear bar as a reward for being so good

TS, I remember the Special K glitch, was in teskies I believe (or was it adsa, im starting to doubt myself now ). Oh, I do miss teskies glitches.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I bet there are glitches that get missed as no one really wombles from Ts anymore now the brand match gets taken off at till.

And I never do a "normal" shop in there so no chance of picking up any misprices for me.

I wasn't sure if the SpecK was Adsa as the date seemed too "new" for that big glitch. Think you are right...

• Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 12:01 PM
    • 3,708 Posts
    • 36,406 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hi, I got a new phone yesterday and was told I can have my old phone unlocked if I want. I know that there is offers like free items on O2 priority and 3 wunto. My question is are they for customers using their network only, which obviously makes sense and if so, could I in theory use my old phone as a pay as you go, buy the relevant sim and get the offers? Thanks in advance x
    Originally posted by Ellsey
    Always worth getting a phone unlocked if the offer is there to have it done!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Apr 18, 12:02 PM
    • 16,833 Posts
    • 206,577 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks.
    I'll just be a posh muggle today then and spend a tenner. Would my coffee and paper be included in my 10 total?
    Tia.
    Yes
    coffee 2.20 ish
    Waitrose magazine 2
    newspaper - about 50p

so you need to spend about 6 ish to get to the tenner
    Have you got any Robinsons squash MOCs - it was 1.50 last week.
    Possibly something you need on GJ? Or maybe something with a TMF offer on?
    Shopimum- a few things free eg primula and botanics drinks and some with a good discount ( pm me if anyone wants a code as I think new people get free Nutella)
    I generally get cat food or cordial
    Last edited by mhoc; 12-04-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Apr 18, 12:05 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Thanks.
    Tia.
    As far as I know nothing has changed and yes they would.

• Poppea
    • By Poppea 12th Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 12,425 Thanks
    Poppea
    Poundshop on TCB
    Can someone help me as to what constitutes a 'supermarket' on TCB. I'm thinking of getting the toilet roll from a poundshop (with the 50p cb). Do you think that would be accepted?

TIA
    Why do people profess to loving the sun/heat then, when it comes, start complaining?!!!128544; At least I'm consistent. I#HateHeat!!!9728;!!!65039; &#LoveRain!!!127783;!!!65039;!!!128525;

"Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,268Posts Today

3,737Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin