Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,379Posts
    • 36,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1492
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 12th Apr 18, 7:56 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 12,414 Thanks
    sarahskint
    Morning all, didn't see much in way of reductions yesterday as I wasn't in until the afternoon but I did see lynx signature white can with gold front down to 32p and sanex mens deo down to 47p

I have been given my own section at work now as I seem to be good at sorting and selling it...........not sure if that's a good thing or not lol I do like to wander. I'm going to flit around with the hand scanner today for a little bit though
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Apr 18, 7:59 AM
    • 34,083 Posts
    • 477,057 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you for this hampy but I'm still having no luck
    When you say relaunch the app do you mean just log out and log in again or should I delete and reinstall?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Ignore me hampy. I've found it. Plus they've given me a fee hot drink too
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Apr 18, 8:01 AM
    • 34,083 Posts
    • 477,057 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Showing ending today, 5 for 3.00 soup multi
    97 showing on Mysupmarket

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-776320_2361016.html

Heinz NAS soups 89p each v Morries 5 for 3.00 offer
    25p each after APG

Heinz 400g soups 95p each v Morries 5 for 3.00 offer
    19p each after APG

Heinz Cup a Soups 1.07 each v Sainsbobs 1.00
    43p a box after APG

(Some on 2 for 2.00 Tesco/Morries - would have to buy in 10s and check websites for varieties)

Batchelors Cup a Soups 1.07 each v 2 for 2.00 Tesco
    Would have to buy 10s
    43p a box after APG

Baxters Favourites Soups 1.07 each v Tesco & Sainsbobs 75p each
    (check websites for varieties, don't rely on Mys)
    20.5p each after APG

Crosse & Blackwell (green can) 79p each v 68p in Waities
    42p each after APG

Crosse & Blackwell Best of British Soups 1.07 each v Tesco 4 for 3.00 offer
    Would have to buy 20 and no more than 10 of one flavour
    c.20.5p each after APG

Ainsley Harriott Cup a Soups 1.00 each v 50p in Tesco
    Check Tesco website for varieties, six showing on Mys

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=ainsley%20harriott

4p a box after APG

Heinz Big Soups/Heinz Weight Watchers/Batchelors Slim Cup a Soups !!!8211; no good comparisons

Check price at till/offer comes off. Don't shop too early or SEL showing offer. Chance yet for any/all to drop onto rollback today.

Sums need to be checked

Originally posted by izzeyb

This must have taken you ages Izzey......thank you so much for all your hard work.

I'm making a list......and checking it twice

Think I'll be going for Baxter's. I don't trust morries
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 8:07 AM
    • 19,139 Posts
    • 206,697 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another dampish one here.

Currently trying to system restore my laptop - the last update has totally mucked it up!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • aau1
    • By aau1 12th Apr 18, 8:20 AM
    • 18,750 Posts
    • 325,030 Thanks
    aau1
    Woohoo.

14,000pts for sainsbob life insurance just went on
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 8:22 AM
    • 4,562 Posts
    • 90,585 Thanks
    izzeyb
    This must have taken you ages Izzey......thank you so much for all your hard work.

I'm making a list......and checking it twice

Think I'll be going for Baxter's. I don't trust morries
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

The typing and links couple of minutes touch typing on laptop

The sums ... well, let's just say good job I wasn't under exam conditions

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Apr 18, 8:27 AM
    • 34,083 Posts
    • 477,057 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Kitchen and toilet roll should be worth doing

Latest TCB offers

image upload
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Apr 18, 8:35 AM
    • 34,083 Posts
    • 477,057 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just a quick check

Baxter's soups....these look as if they will work

Minestrone
    Scotch broth
    Lentil and bacon
    Pea and ham
    Tomato
    Chicken broth
    Cream of chicken
    French onion
    !!!! a leekie
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Apr 18, 8:44 AM
    • 28,930 Posts
    • 421,982 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Council last chap just been and finished the work that was planned that week I was off and didn't get done. Got fed up ringing and same woman saying sorry will be there tomorrow. I agree now tomorrow never comes it doesn't with her

Time to go bye ............
    Lost 3st-3.5lb
    • House Elf
    • By House Elf 12th Apr 18, 9:16 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 3,249 Thanks
    House Elf
    Morning All,

Last wine shop ....fillers may be useful info for someone.

The bread, chips and peas were not supposed to compare anywhere!!!!

Made up for my losses by finding a couple of wombles in the very clean car park

14 items (12 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    1x ASDA Extra Special Farmhouse White Bread (800g) 0.89 1.10
    1x Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps (6x25g) 1.65 1.00
    1x Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) 1.65 1.00
    1x ASDA Ibuprofen 200mg Caplets 16 Pack (200mg) 0.30 0.35
    1x Heinz Seriously Good Mayonnaise (800ml) 3.99 2.00
    1x Robinsons Fruit Creations No Added Sugar Juicy Orange, Mandarin and Lime Concentrate (1) 1.99 1.50
    1x ASDA Crinkle Cut Chips (900g) 0.75 1.27
    1x Cadbury Chocolate Mini Rolls (10pk) 2.49 1.24
    3x Casillero Del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon (75cl) 18.00 16.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) 0.30 0.35
    1x Robinsons Fruit Creations No Added Sugar Delicious Peach & Raspberry Concentrate (1l) 1.99 1.50
    1x ASDA Mushy Peas (300g) 0.19 0.30

Comparison total (compared products only) 34.19 28.11
    +6.08 cheaper

APG 8.90

Squash coupon generator not working for me this morning

Thank you for all your help over the hols. I have had much glitching fun!.....back to work on Monday
    2016-No Clutter To Be Seen 262/2016
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 12th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 14,407 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Morning. Thanks to izzey for the soups. I really want Heinz so will risk a morries shop. Also have checked ainsley on Tesco site and can only see hot and sour, Thai and mushroom. The rest say not available. Can anyone tell me if that means only these 3 will compare?

Thanks
    • altojack
    • By altojack 12th Apr 18, 9:50 AM
    • 9,027 Posts
    • 125,366 Thanks
    altojack
    The weekend post? Its been 3 days now and their t&c say something like they validate claims in 24 hours via email and payment is usually up to 3 - 5 days later.
    Originally posted by gocat
    I had email to say payment was on the way. Bought and uploaded receipt on 7th April and payment hit my bank on 11th .

I gave a different email account to what I have for Shoppymum, and decided bank rather than PayPal.

Hope you get sorted soon.
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 31 In 10
    • altojack
    • By altojack 12th Apr 18, 9:55 AM
    • 9,027 Posts
    • 125,366 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Cold and overcast here so not going out. Ive got dogs coming here soon so need to set the treasure trail for them. They so enjoy hunting for the hidden 6 kibbles I hide for them.

My todo list has grown so long that Ive had to revise it, change order of importance. House insurance at the top as its due for renewal 23rd of this month.

Hope everyone well and finding the bargains.

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those feeling low in body and mind. Every day I send thoughts out to you all xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 12th Apr 18, 9:56 AM
    • 9,027 Posts
    • 125,366 Thanks
    altojack
    Coffee and catch-up for me I think

• Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 10:02 AM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 36,301 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Elaine and everyone who posted wine shops. Thank you so much. Life has been a bit full since before Easter and last night when I got home at 9.30 pm I gathered my lists together and sallied forth for a wine shop for my birthday and Mum's !!!8211; we are both celebrating significant birthdays in the next couple of months. I am very grateful to the people who warned that signage had been removed as it had been in my A too. As it was so late, they were restocking shelves so I asked the guy in the wine aisle and he assured me the offer had finished on Tuesday. But I decided the Elite knew better, went to check three bottles and indeed the Elite did! I didn't convey this info to kind man but he was great and gave me boxes of the wines I wanted so they were easy to carry. So I just need a chocolate glitch now so that I can strew chocolate on the dinner tables!

So thanks, everyone.

Does anyone know, please, whether I can sneak an A gift card into my shop and pay with an APG? I know the t&c say not, but I have a feeling this has been done successfully? Thanks in advance.
    • Ellsey
    • By Ellsey 12th Apr 18, 10:03 AM
    • 139 Posts
    • 1,284 Thanks
    Ellsey
    Hi, I got a new phone yesterday and was told I can have my old phone unlocked if I want. I know that there is offers like free items on O2 priority and 3 wunto. My question is are they for customers using their network only, which obviously makes sense and if so, could I in theory use my old phone as a pay as you go, buy the relevant sim and get the offers? Thanks in advance x
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 10:06 AM
    • 19,139 Posts
    • 206,697 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Hi, I got a new phone yesterday and was told I can have my old phone unlocked if I want. I know that there is offers like free items on O2 priority and 3 wunto. My question is are they for customers using their network only, which obviously makes sense and if so, could I in theory use my old phone as a pay as you go, buy the relevant sim and get the offers? Thanks in advance x
    Originally posted by Ellsey
    They are "supposed" to be just for customers, but I have had 02 priority on my phone for yonks and I am with talkmobile. I have to fiddle with my old phone now, I know you can get wuntu on it but it needs to have a 3 sim in it when you register it, not quite managed that yet as not long since unlocked my old phone, do not want to mess about with my new one yet. So it would be good to get your old phone unlocked, you should not need to pay for that.

I am sure someone will be along that knows more about wuntu shortly, but the first thing you need to do is send for free 02 and 3 sims - request them on their websites, and the second thing is to request an unlock code for your phone.
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 12-04-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 12th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 36,301 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Still not received my cb from the Rana TMF deal. Every email I find seems to not be valid. Anyone know of the best way to contact either Rana or Shopmium.
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Hi Gocat

I've just checked my account and my cb went in yesterday. I did the shop last Friday. I was rather worried because I didn't get the option of choosing how the cb was paid and I contacted them. Someone else told you how to do that before I had a chance to tell you. I was impressed that they replied the following Monday saying:
    Hello,

Thanks for your email.

I've just had a look on the system and can confirm that it all went well. Your receipt was accepted and you should receive your cashback within the next 2-3 working days to your bank account.

The reason why you weren't asked for your payment details is that I can see on the system that you also participated to the 'Try for FREE' offer of A2 Milk which was also powered by us. Because you provided your payment details for that offer (in your case, your bank account), the system already had those details for you and therefore didn't ask for them again.

Please let us know if anything is unclear.

Kind regards,

The Shopmium team
    I hope you get your cb soon! Now I am going to submit my other cb claims, but will use an incognito window to send two of them to a different account!
    Last edited by Picasso7; 12-04-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 19,139 Posts
    • 206,697 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Well, that was 2 hours of my life I will never get back

Windows and their updates are a right pain. They seem to want to wreck laptops that have any age on them, I suppose that way they sell more Windows licences.

At least I have a good idea as to what I am doing, there is a lot of people around who would have no idea what to do when faced with a laptop that starts in safe mode, will not stop starting in safe mode and will not let you connect to the net to correct the problems

Still, all good now, and hopefully windows updates now blocked (although some of the functions said had not started rather than stopped).
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 12th Apr 18, 10:16 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Originally posted by Ellsey
    Hi Ellsey,

You can order the 02 and Three sim cards for free on their websites. Then just put each one into your phone to register the apps. After that's done you can take the sim cards out and put your normal one in and the apps will continue to work.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,350Posts Today

6,471Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Kirsty_M_N: KFC Take off the disgusting skin & coating and eat the chicken with salad (lettuce) I presume they'll have. https://t.co/YF?

• OK. Im taking a break from discussing today's poll to go for a run (i'll need it with all those calories to come!)

• There's always one! Dave. You can't have Nando's. You've been shipwrecked. The choice is what it is. This real l? https://t.co/rBadHIHM0e

• Follow Martin