Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,386Posts
    • 36,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1490
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 28,174 Thanks
    curl girl
    I'm tempted to top up the wine but decided that I'm happy to wait for Lidl 2.99 offers to stock up as/when needed. Their cava is still my favourite when it's 3.49 of course.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 5,316 Posts
    • 63,969 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    In the olden days there was couponing - it used to take forever to source the coupons - from leaflets, mags, newspapers, writing to companies etc and they then needed cutting out and arranging and keeping them in date order so you had one of each type ready for taking to Mr T and you had to spread yourself about, visiting different stores, finding your favourite till persons when possible so your face wasn't too known.
    That stopped overnight so then we have had to adapt.
    Now instead we chase glitches and look for yellow labels, we use cashback websites and apps, try me frees, survey websites, receipt snapping websites, we test products for companies and sometimes there are a few coupons as well ..
    Originally posted by mhoc
    In the very old olden days (when Sada would take any coupon off your bill as long as they sold the stuff, so you didn't actually have to buy it) I once gave them so many coupons that they paid for a trolley full of shopping plus they gave me 2.60 odd in cash.

The receipt was as long as my arm, with all the items going on and then all the coupons being deducted one by one. It was my best shop ever.

I think it was late 80s, possibly early 90s, as DD was in junior school at the time.

My next best shop was at T's in the late 90s. Herbal Essences were being sold in a promotional box. Inside each box was a coupon for a buy one, get one free. So we bought a few, cut the coupons off the box, went back in, got more using the coupons, then repeated, and so it went on...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 2,456 Posts
    • 28,174 Thanks
    curl girl
    In the very old olden days (when Sada would take any coupon off your bill as long as they sold the stuff, so you didn't actually have to buy it) I once gave them so many coupons that they paid for a trolley full of shopping plus they gave me 2.60 odd in cash.

The receipt was as long as my arm, with all the items going on and then all the coupons being deducted one by one. It was my best shop ever.

I think it was late 80s, possibly early 90s, as DD was in junior school at the time.

My next best shop was at T's in the late 90s. Herbal Essences were being sold in a promotional box. Inside each box was a coupon for a buy one, get one free. So we bought a few, cut the coupons off the box, went back in, got more using the coupons, then repeated, and so it went on...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger I thought it was embarrassing to even use a coupon!
    How things have changed.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    • 16,880 Posts
    • 206,971 Thanks
    mhoc
    OH wanted to go to Sainsburys today - I treated him to Jakemans Lozenges ,Honey & Lemon Menthol - 20p cashback on GJ
    Still they are 65p in S rather than 60p elsewhere.

I got till spits but all for things much cheaper elsewhere
    140 points for Bolognese pasta melt 800g - 3.90 (3 in Morrisons and Asda)
    50 points for watercress, spinach and rocket salad - 1.25 (1 or cheaper in Mr T or even A)
    60p off Stork ready bake cupcakes 3 (2 in Mr T and Morrisons)
    2.50 off beyers ice cream 5 (2.50 in Mr T)
    Originally posted by mhoc
    just seen on 10ways that the ice cream is now 2.50 in Sainsbobs so guess where I am going tommorow
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 11th Apr 18, 8:18 PM
    • 2,610 Posts
    • 42,875 Thanks
    izzy65
    Sounds brilliant!
    How things have changed.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Youth,my mam was always using coupons, I remember when she would keep the wrapper off a tin because it had a coupon on it, 5p off beans
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 11th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    i forgot to reply to this. you have the fa cup to look forward.my nerves were shredded last night but all turned out right in the end,sorry marmite.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    marmite is being very about our wins
    Originally posted by tweets
    We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...
    Frugal January shopping spend 20:53
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • aau1
    • By aau1 11th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 18,752 Posts
    • 325,046 Thanks
    aau1
    The 250g bags of kettle chips are 1.75 in S with 1.25 cb on cos/cs but only until tomorrow
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 11th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    i think he is just a lincoln fan now,
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Must be
    Originally posted by tweets
    City and Lincoln.....
    Frugal January shopping spend 20:53
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 11th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    • 3,339 Posts
    • 48,399 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    You just prompted me to get PE app and my free pizza hadn't arrived either - but then I noticed it is explicit about what you have to complete in the profile, including two restaurants and favourite items, and needs to show 100% complete . I had missed this as we only normally go to one and I couldn't be bothered saying my favourites . It now says 100% complete so hopefully it will prompt it to generate the free Pizza now .

Does anyone know if there is an age restriction on the PE app please as I shot by the T&Cs ? Just wondering if Little Anons qualify?

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Evening luvlies

I did quote TM's post about this too but it seems to have disappeared . Once you've completed your profile (selected your 3 restaurants, your 4 favourite mains and dietary preferences) you have to wait 6 hours. The voucher doesn't automatically go straight to your wallet, you need to relaunch the app and as you sign it there's like an offers wheel on the screen. Select the one which says your free pizza and add it to your wallet. HTH

Sorry don't know about children having app
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 11th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    • 1,766 Posts
    • 24,118 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme

just realised the second leg of the semi final could be on the same night we are going to see sarah millican.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 9:14 PM
    • 5,044 Posts
    • 59,134 Thanks
    gocat
    Sounds brilliant!
    How things have changed.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    When I was younger and worked nights in a nursing home (when not seeing to the residents) , I often spent the nights looking through magazines for coupons and cutting them out. How the other staff laughed. I was so embarassed. But it didnt stop me
    Was great when I found this site and like minded people
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 5,044 Posts
    • 59,134 Thanks
    gocat
    Still not received my cb from the Rana TMF deal. Every email I find seems to not be valid. Anyone know of the best way to contact either Rana or Shopmium.
    tia
    • michaels
    • By michaels 11th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 20,627 Posts
    • 95,368 Thanks
    michaels
    The 250g bags of kettle chips are 1.75 in S with 1.25 cb on cos/cs but only until tomorrow
    Originally posted by aau1
    Our S is big but still doesn't have the 250g bags.

The laughing cow shopmium email link still not working and no response to my email to them so trying laughing cow on Facebook.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Apr 18, 9:19 PM
    • 28,988 Posts
    • 422,501 Thanks
    tweets

Wait til next season when you win wooden spoon
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Apr 18, 9:20 PM
    • 28,988 Posts
    • 422,501 Thanks
    tweets
    City and Lincoln.....
    Someone got to support them
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 11th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 2,975 Posts
    • 37,164 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Still not received my cb from the Rana TMF deal. Every email I find seems to not be valid. Anyone know of the best way to contact either Rana or Shopmium.
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Search back 2 days? to my post which I'm sure specifically answers your question.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Apr 18, 9:45 PM
    • 3,147 Posts
    • 48,589 Thanks
    elainemn
    Great woopsies again tonight. Mostly 5p. The potatoes and onions were 10p per kg. Not sure how to get the picture to the right size.

Last edited by elainemn; 11-04-2018 at 9:50 PM.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 235,015 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Great woopsies again tonight. Mostly 5p. The potatoes and onions were 10p per kg.

Originally posted by elainemn
    select the lower hot link, not the thumb nail, hth

does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 10:18 PM
    • 5,044 Posts
    • 59,134 Thanks
    gocat
    Patience...

Even Cashback site personnel are entitled to weekends off
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Search back 2 days? to my post which I'm sure specifically answers your question.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    The weekend post? Its been 3 days now and their t&c say something like they validate claims in 24 hours via email and payment is usually up to 3 - 5 days later.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Apr 18, 10:26 PM
    • 34,176 Posts
    • 477,897 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cineworld

Want to introduce your children to the exciting world of cinema? Then get involved with Movies For Juniors, our discounted weekly screenings of kids films at Cineworld Cinemas. Adults must be accompanied by children.

From just 2.50 choose from our selection of lively kids movies, from animated films to live action features. Premium Movies For Juniors are previously unreleased, new films at a family-friendly price - from 5.50 at many cinemas.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/movies-for-juniors
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

282Posts Today

3,817Users online

Martin's Twitter