Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,587Posts
    • 37,028Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1490
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 9:14 PM
    • 5,229 Posts
    • 60,471 Thanks
    gocat
    Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger I thought it was embarrassing to even use a coupon!
    How things have changed.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    When I was younger and worked nights in a nursing home (when not seeing to the residents) , I often spent the nights looking through magazines for coupons and cutting them out. How the other staff laughed. I was so embarassed. But it didnt stop me
    Was great when I found this site and like minded people
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 5,229 Posts
    • 60,471 Thanks
    gocat
    Still not received my cb from the Rana TMF deal. Every email I find seems to not be valid. Anyone know of the best way to contact either Rana or Shopmium.
    tia
    • michaels
    • By michaels 11th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 21,094 Posts
    • 97,574 Thanks
    michaels
    The 250g bags of kettle chips are 1.75 in S with 1.25 cb on cos/cs but only until tomorrow
    Originally posted by aau1
    Our S is big but still doesn't have the 250g bags.

The laughing cow shopmium email link still not working and no response to my email to them so trying laughing cow on Facebook.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Apr 18, 9:19 PM
    • 29,840 Posts
    • 428,691 Thanks
    tweets
    We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Wait til next season when you win wooden spoon
    Lost 3st-12lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Apr 18, 9:20 PM
    • 29,840 Posts
    • 428,691 Thanks
    tweets
    City and Lincoln.....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Someone got to support them
    Lost 3st-12lb
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 11th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 3,047 Posts
    • 37,595 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Still not received my cb from the Rana TMF deal. Every email I find seems to not be valid. Anyone know of the best way to contact either Rana or Shopmium.
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Search back 2 days? to my post which I'm sure specifically answers your question.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Apr 18, 9:45 PM
    • 3,342 Posts
    • 50,273 Thanks
    elainemn
    Great woopsies again tonight. Mostly 5p. The potatoes and onions were 10p per kg. Not sure how to get the picture to the right size.

Last edited by elainemn; 11-04-2018 at 9:50 PM.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    • 14,899 Posts
    • 237,904 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Great woopsies again tonight. Mostly 5p. The potatoes and onions were 10p per kg.

Originally posted by elainemn
    select the lower hot link, not the thumb nail, hth

• gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 10:18 PM
    • 5,229 Posts
    • 60,471 Thanks
    gocat
    Patience...

Even Cashback site personnel are entitled to weekends off
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Search back 2 days? to my post which I'm sure specifically answers your question.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    The weekend post? Its been 3 days now and their t&c say something like they validate claims in 24 hours via email and payment is usually up to 3 - 5 days later.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Apr 18, 10:26 PM
    • 35,475 Posts
    • 487,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Cineworld

Want to introduce your children to the exciting world of cinema? Then get involved with Movies For Juniors, our discounted weekly screenings of kids films at Cineworld Cinemas. Adults must be accompanied by children.

From just 2.50 choose from our selection of lively kids movies, from animated films to live action features. Premium Movies For Juniors are previously unreleased, new films at a family-friendly price - from 5.50 at many cinemas.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/movies-for-juniors
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Apr 18, 10:30 PM
    • 35,475 Posts
    • 487,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening luvlies

I did quote TM's post about this too but it seems to have disappeared . Once you've completed your profile (selected your 3 restaurants, your 4 favourite mains and dietary preferences) you have to wait 6 hours. The voucher doesn't automatically go straight to your wallet, you need to relaunch the app and as you sign it there's like an offers wheel on the screen. Select the one which says your free pizza and add it to your wallet. HTH

Sorry don't know about children having app
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Thank you for this hampy but I'm still having no luck
    When you say relaunch the app do you mean just log out and log in again or should I delete and reinstall?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Apr 18, 10:34 PM
    • 35,475 Posts
    • 487,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Great woopsies again tonight. Mostly 5p. The potatoes and onions were 10p per kg. Not sure how to get the picture to the right size.

Originally posted by elainemn
    Well done elaine

Was this at P?

Our new kitchen is getting fitted next week so I've been emptying cupboards all night

I'll never be able to find anything for breakfast tomorrow
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 11th Apr 18, 10:57 PM
    • 1,847 Posts
    • 15,050 Thanks
    shirley999
    The weekend post? Its been 3 days now and their t&c say something like they validate claims in 24 hours via email and payment is usually up to 3 - 5 days later.
    Originally posted by gocat
    They probably need to amend their t and cs. Remember it's not long since we had 2 bank holidays so they will probably still be catching up, and perhaps staff have taken holidays whilst children are off school. I really wouldn't be worrying at this stage.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Apr 18, 11:12 PM
    • 20,335 Posts
    • 265,318 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    As expected, it seems there were very few offers expiring in M today-possibly the fewest I've had. Hopefully it will allow store staff in M to catch up with the large amount of changes last week. I am still to catch up with those on my list. It looks to me that the Twin Baguette and Reduced Fat Twin Baguette are no longer on 1 offer but have gone to 1.40 full price as every store I have has changed to that price. Perhaps there's some 1 flashed stock available still around somewhere. I would say it's likely to be found at 1.40 more than not though. Unless the view provided by my stores - the partial picture always provided by a set of stores - has caused me to think this - I often get another perspective and change my mind when I see a further store.

Other than the couple of baguettes - I have 1 price now going onto the two 9 slices packs versions today - the Surf 90 wash washing powder has gone off 7 offer and is now 14. That offer could have be off on Monday, due to my still having 7 SEL and OOS in one of my stores and thinking that the 14 SEL elsewhere was incorrect but having no stock to check and no trace in my other stores. I have those two stores the same as they were today, with no stock again, but I have visited another store that has stock of the product, with 14 SEL, and it does scan at 14. I'm now also aware that the Red Pepper & Mozarella Flatbread has variable prices depending on which BC (or maybe BCs if it's got both) your store has. One of my more regular stores has only 1.63 BC stock - my other usual stores are useless no trace - but I have found 1 version in stock elsewhere. I will try to update the list - I don't think I ever took that product off as I imagined some other store always has the products I don't have.

Most of the updating is from last Wednesday with a bit from Monday and not much to add from today. I also have one extra day (whoopee!) as not needing to do any store visits tomorrow to try to get the list updated with all the information I have - there was so much last Wednesday I needed to do more stores to capture all the ranges, and as much as I could from within them, that were likely to have changes - so another half week with a further day and a little more than a usual Wednesday is now outstanding. I think I will have another updating code - I think it will be items in bold that are in square brackets - "[Bold]" - will be added to show items from today's price check. Bold italics will be from Monday and just regular bold all those items from last Wednesday. That all for the future - and thanks for the Red Grapefruit 3 pack - I will add that to the information I have, it probably will get to the list later when I update it and I will try to see what that's comparing against next time. There is a wonky kiwi pack in M but I'm not seeing it's price as very good because I've seen much cheaper in the past on packs that have more kiwis in them. The wonky veg. is not always the cheapest on the market - cheaper regular stuff can often or sometimes be found elsewhere and in my opinion the prices on a lot of the wonky veg. seem to be the prices we would have had as offer prices on regular veg. before and no cheaper than that - and the Wonky Limes at 80p, that were a five pack, have become no good as they've been a four pack for some time now for me.

Quite a few of the Ms I've visited Monday or today have changed to full price SEL on the Aussie Miracle Sachet, even though it is still on 1 offer price today - I would not be surprised if the APG tipped over into getting M at full price on it.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-04-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Apr 18, 11:55 PM
    • 3,801 Posts
    • 37,162 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Savvy, here is a womble for you dated 9 April, v M:

17 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    2x Cadbury Caramel Chocolate Bar 4 Pack (4x37g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Robinsons No Added Sugar Orange Squash (1l) 1.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Sweetclems (600g) 1.25 1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Seedless Green Grapes (500g) 1.65 N/A
    1x Regina Blitz Original XL Kitchen Roll (1 roll) 2.00 2.34
    1x Walkers Pickled Onion Crisps (6x25g) 1.65 N/A
    2x Cadbury Dairy Milk Whole Nut Chocolate Bar (200g) 3.00 3.00
    3x Lucozade Energy Orange (1l) 3.00 3.00
    2x Doritos Heatburst BBQ & Chilli Tortilla Chips (162g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Monster Munch Pickled Onion Snacks (6x22g) 1.50 1.00
    2x Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Cherry (1.25l) 2.00 2.00
    2x Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Vanilla (1.25l) 2.00 2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 19.75 19.34
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Apr 18, 11:58 PM
    • 3,801 Posts
    • 37,162 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Goodnight everyone. Just back from dash to A for the wine -- RL totally busy and this was my only space. However, a very satisfactory shop. I'll post the results tomorrow.
    • BargainJunky
    • By BargainJunky 12th Apr 18, 12:18 AM
    • 1,392 Posts
    • 875 Thanks
    BargainJunky
    I only discovered this thread by accident. My mom used to collect coupons when I was small roughly 30-35 years ago - we used to get loads as my aunt used to deliver leaflets which normally consisted of money off coupons and there were always plenty of spares.

Safeway would take anything and when I was in my late teens/early twenties I always had a bundle in my bag just in case I popped in for anything. I even had my favourite till operators who would take loads some would only take a certain amount.

Sadly very few coupons and you have to buy the product but I still hunt out for bargains. Top bargain this week when I went into my local One Stop was a pork leg joint reduced from 4.50 to 1.35. So far it has fed four as a roast dinner, two as sandwiches and there is probably still enough left for two or three more lots of sandwiches. I do have an electric slicer which makes it go way further than cutting my hand.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Apr 18, 5:52 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 15,945 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger I thought it was embarrassing to even use a coupon!
    How things have changed.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    My kids used to be embarrassed to come shopping with me when I was using coupons but they have changed their attitude over the years
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Apr 18, 5:59 AM
    • 4,662 Posts
    • 91,808 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Showing ending today, 5 for 3.00 soup multi
    97 showing on Mysupmarket

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-776320_2361016.html

Heinz NAS soups 89p each v Morries 5 for 3.00 offer
    25p each after APG

Heinz 400g soups 95p each v Morries 5 for 3.00 offer
    19p each after APG

Heinz Cup a Soups 1.07 each v Sainsbobs 1.00
    43p a box after APG

(Some on 2 for 2.00 Tesco/Morries - would have to buy in 10s and check websites for varieties)

Batchelors Cup a Soups 1.07 each v 2 for 2.00 Tesco
    Would have to buy 10s
    43p a box after APG

Baxters Favourites Soups 1.07 each v Tesco & Sainsbobs 75p each
    (check websites for varieties, don't rely on Mys)
    20.5p each after APG

Crosse & Blackwell (green can) 79p each v 68p in Waities
    42p each after APG

Crosse & Blackwell Best of British Soups 1.07 each v Tesco 4 for 3.00 offer
    Would have to buy 20 and no more than 10 of one flavour
    c.20.5p each after APG

Ainsley Harriott Cup a Soups 1.00 each v 50p in Tesco
    Check Tesco website for varieties, six showing on Mys

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=ainsley%20harriott

4p a box after APG

Heinz Big Soups/Heinz Weight Watchers/Batchelors Slim Cup a Soups !!!8211; no good comparisons

Check price at till/offer comes off. Don't shop too early or SEL showing offer. Chance yet for any/all to drop onto rollback today.

Sums need to be checked

Last edited by izzeyb; 12-04-2018 at 6:16 AM.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Apr 18, 6:21 AM
    • 3,342 Posts
    • 50,273 Thanks
    elainemn
    Well done elaine

Was this at P?

Our new kitchen is getting fitted next week so I've been emptying cupboards all night

I'll never be able to find anything for breakfast tomorrow
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    No it was at H. I was very late and called in for a few bits on my way home and hit lucky. They had taken it al out of the back to do. There was at least 15 big crates of fruit & veg, all decent stuff - but no salad leaves which is unusual. 5 of the crates were just courgettes and loads of small pots of mixed fruit salad 9which are very nice as had 1 for tea) and a stack of bananas.

Oops forgot to say good morning. Thank Zippy, will try and remember for next time. I had written myself instructions, but could not find them.

No updated wine list this morning Hope everyone did well out of the glitch.
    Last edited by elainemn; 12-04-2018 at 6:41 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

7,202Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin