Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,833Posts
    • 37,592Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1489
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Apr 18, 6:25 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks all my details are correct, but I didn't put a phone number in - is there any bonus to putting a number?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    no idea but my phone number wasn't in either ...
    You might have to message them to get to the bottom of why you are being ignored on your birthday ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 7,475 Posts
    • 61,539 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    no idea but my phone number wasn't in either ...
    You might have to message them to get to the bottom of why you are being ignored on your birthday ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thanks I have just done that. I rarely give out my number in case I get spammed.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 10,524 Posts
    • 119,423 Thanks
    emerald21
    Receipt hog.
    What is the point, it's taking forever to get anywhere......
    Do people bother with this one? I much prefer shopprise that ssm talked me into.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I don't bother with it .
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    I just treat it as a hobby.
    I'm new to it really and only joined shopprise as it lowered it's rewards points.
    In the olden days there was couponing - it used to take forever to source the coupons - from leaflets, mags, newspapers, writing to companies etc and they then needed cutting out and arranging and keeping them in date order so you had one of each type ready for taking to Mr T and you had to spread yourself about, visiting different stores, finding your favourite till persons when possible so your face wasn't too known.
    That stopped overnight so then we have had to adapt.
    Now instead we chase glitches and look for yellow labels, we use cashback websites and apps, try me frees, survey websites, receipt snapping websites, we test products for companies and sometimes there are a few coupons as well ..
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 30,800 Posts
    • 436,417 Thanks
    tweets
    i forgot to reply to this. you have the fa cup to look forward.my nerves were shredded last night but all turned out right in the end,sorry marmite.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    marmite is being very about our wins
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 11th Apr 18, 7:15 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 24,938 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Originally posted by tweets
    i think he is just a lincoln fan now,
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th Apr 18, 7:15 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 35,253 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    From a womble

7 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Bananas (10pk) 1.59 N/A
    1x ASDA Brussels Sprouts (300g) 1.35 1.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Red Grapefruits (3pk) 1.40 0.74
    1x Coffee Mate Original Coffee Whitener (500g) 2.59 2.63
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Strawberries (300g) 1.09 N/A
    2x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) 0.40 0.40
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Medium Oranges (5pk) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Kiwis (6pk) 1.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cherry Tomatoes (325g) 0.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Greek Style Natural Yogurt (1kg) 1.60 N/A
    1x Fairy Original Washing Up Liquid (780ml) 1.79 2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 8.53 8.27
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 35,253 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Today I went to the shop and I bought .....

12 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) 0.23 0.24
    1x ASDA Smart Price Toilet Roll (6pk) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g) 0.65 0.70
    1x ASDA Smart Price Pasta Shapes (500g) 0.32 0.30
    1x ASDA Smart Price Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (380g) 0.48 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.09
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (1kg) 0.64 0.69
    1x ASDA Cheese Sauce Mix (160g) 0.85 N/A
    6x Casillero Del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon (75cl) 36.00 33.00
    1x ASDA Spreadable with Real Butter Light (500g) 2.10 1.05

Comparison total (compared products only) 41.03 37.07

7.67 APG
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    • 30,800 Posts
    • 436,417 Thanks
    tweets
    Must be
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Apr 18, 7:33 PM
    • 3,621 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    curl girl
    In the olden days there was couponing - it used to take forever to source the coupons - from leaflets, mags, newspapers, writing to companies etc and they then needed cutting out and arranging and keeping them in date order so you had one of each type ready for taking to Mr T and you had to spread yourself about, visiting different stores, finding your favourite till persons when possible so your face wasn't too known.
    Now instead we chase glitches and look for yellow labels, we use cashback websites and apps, try me frees, survey websites, receipt snapping websites, we test products for companies and sometimes there are a few coupons as well ..
    Thanks mhoc.
    You make out that I'm a new spring chicken, sadly not.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3,621 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    curl girl
    I'm tempted to top up the wine but decided that I'm happy to wait for Lidl 2.99 offers to stock up as/when needed. Their cava is still my favourite when it's 3.49 of course.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    In the very old olden days (when Sada would take any coupon off your bill as long as they sold the stuff, so you didn't actually have to buy it) I once gave them so many coupons that they paid for a trolley full of shopping plus they gave me 2.60 odd in cash.

The receipt was as long as my arm, with all the items going on and then all the coupons being deducted one by one. It was my best shop ever.

I think it was late 80s, possibly early 90s, as DD was in junior school at the time.

My next best shop was at T's in the late 90s. Herbal Essences were being sold in a promotional box. Inside each box was a coupon for a buy one, get one free. So we bought a few, cut the coupons off the box, went back in, got more using the coupons, then repeated, and so it went on...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 3,621 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    curl girl
    In the very old olden days (when Sada would take any coupon off your bill as long as they sold the stuff, so you didn't actually have to buy it) I once gave them so many coupons that they paid for a trolley full of shopping plus they gave me 2.60 odd in cash.

The receipt was as long as my arm, with all the items going on and then all the coupons being deducted one by one. It was my best shop ever.

I think it was late 80s, possibly early 90s, as DD was in junior school at the time.

My next best shop was at T's in the late 90s. Herbal Essences were being sold in a promotional box. Inside each box was a coupon for a buy one, get one free. So we bought a few, cut the coupons off the box, went back in, got more using the coupons, then repeated, and so it went on...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger I thought it was embarrassing to even use a coupon!
    How things have changed.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    OH wanted to go to Sainsburys today - I treated him to Jakemans Lozenges ,Honey & Lemon Menthol - 20p cashback on GJ
    Still they are 65p in S rather than 60p elsewhere.

I got till spits but all for things much cheaper elsewhere
    140 points for Bolognese pasta melt 800g - 3.90 (3 in Morrisons and Asda)
    50 points for watercress, spinach and rocket salad - 1.25 (1 or cheaper in Mr T or even A)
    60p off Stork ready bake cupcakes 3 (2 in Mr T and Morrisons)
    2.50 off beyers ice cream 5 (2.50 in Mr T)
    just seen on 10ways that the ice cream is now 2.50 in Sainsbobs so guess where I am going tommorow
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 11th Apr 18, 8:18 PM
    • 2,735 Posts
    • 43,908 Thanks
    izzy65
    Sounds brilliant!
    When I was younger I thought it was embarrassing to even use a coupon!
    How things have changed.
    Youth,my mam was always using coupons, I remember when she would keep the wrapper off a tin because it had a coupon on it, 5p off beans
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 11th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 3,029 Posts
    • 33,615 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    i forgot to reply to this. you have the fa cup to look forward.my nerves were shredded last night but all turned out right in the end,sorry marmite.
    We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • aau1
    • By aau1 11th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 19,152 Posts
    • 329,352 Thanks
    aau1
    The 250g bags of kettle chips are 1.75 in S with 1.25 cb on cos/cs but only until tomorrow
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 11th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    • 3,029 Posts
    • 33,615 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Must be
    City and Lincoln.....
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 11th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    • 3,344 Posts
    • 48,444 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    You just prompted me to get PE app and my free pizza hadn't arrived either - but then I noticed it is explicit about what you have to complete in the profile, including two restaurants and favourite items, and needs to show 100% complete . I had missed this as we only normally go to one and I couldn't be bothered saying my favourites . It now says 100% complete so hopefully it will prompt it to generate the free Pizza now .

Does anyone know if there is an age restriction on the PE app please as I shot by the T&Cs ? Just wondering if Little Anons qualify?

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Evening luvlies

I did quote TM's post about this too but it seems to have disappeared . Once you've completed your profile (selected your 3 restaurants, your 4 favourite mains and dietary preferences) you have to wait 6 hours. The voucher doesn't automatically go straight to your wallet, you need to relaunch the app and as you sign it there's like an offers wheel on the screen. Select the one which says your free pizza and add it to your wallet. HTH

Sorry don't know about children having app
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 11th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 24,938 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    We were beaten by a better organised team...Good luck to L'pool for the Champions League...

City will take the Championship....Utd will be the bridesmaids again this year...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme

just realised the second leg of the semi final could be on the same night we are going to see sarah millican.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

1,928Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin