Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,591Posts
    • 37,030Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1486
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 11th Apr 18, 8:52 AM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 10,894 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Anyone else noticing MSE site very slow today? Other sites are ok, so cannot be my browser or computer.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    very slow for me too, was the same last night.
    Thought it was just me. xx
    essex girl in exile
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Morning paw sniffers

I was sick of getting wet yesterday and it looks like today will be the same.

Perhaps we are missing out Spring this year

I drove through lakes yesterday as the fields are sodden and can't cope with anymore rain
    At one point I thought I wouldn't be able to get home as I turned around on two roads, not daring to drive through the water. You know you have to drive through slowly but your instincts are telling you to put your foot down

We had to be up at the crack of dawn as the boiler man was coming.....no heating or hot water for two days. He said that he'd come up the back lane and someone has dumped a load of rubbish in the middle of the road......not even the side of the road but smack bang in the middle What's wrong with people?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I've a feeling we'll go straight into summer after this wet spell.

This winter has been so long and so cold and this damp Spring isn't helping, it seems ages since we had sunshine and warmth at the same time.

Hope the council clear the rubbish quickly. I drove through some pretty villages on the Cheshire border the other week and I noticed someone had dumped a load on the outskirts of one of them. There's just no need.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th Apr 18, 9:03 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 16,801 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    It's not Camel toe day again, surely?
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 11th Apr 18, 9:04 AM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 43,239 Thanks
    izzy65
    I hope you find a decent offer, vaguely think I read that small 500ml bottles were pre sugar tax prices in one of the discount stores, not sure if that size would be any good for you and sorry can't remember which store it was.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Good morning, thank you TS 500ml just a bit big for me, have a 1 lt a day restriction so that's half my allowance, I don't stick to it religiously it's impossible but I do my best, another dull day and no doubt damp later , doing a mhoc this morning I have loads on the todo list so shouldn't be on here
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    • 13,097 Posts
    • 147,278 Thanks
    Anon
    Painfully slow BH

When DD moved outlast week, she seemed to take loads of stuff yet The Stash doesn't look any different.

Just had an email offer 10 ebay credit if I sell 3 items in the next month

No pizza has appeared in my PE wallet yet.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    You just prompted me to get PE app and my free pizza hadn't arrived either - but then I noticed it is explicit about what you have to complete in the profile, including two restaurants and favourite items, and needs to show 100% complete . I had missed this as we only normally go to one and I couldn't be bothered saying my favourites . It now says 100% complete so hopefully it will prompt it to generate the free Pizza now .

Does anyone know if there is an age restriction on the PE app please as I shot by the T&Cs ? Just wondering if Little Anons qualify?

Many thanks

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-04-2018 at 9:09 AM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Apr 18, 9:23 AM
    • 19,847 Posts
    • 211,891 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, heavy overnight rain here, all I keep hearing about on the travel news is standing water Not sitting, not laying, just standing!

Good Morning

I don't remember forks being in Turkish delight.

See they lost again last night

Pity it was Liverpool who beat them

What's up with mse being so slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww

Couldn't get on earlier at all
    Originally posted by tweets
    Ooooh, I adore pistachio Turkish delight, not so fond of the rose one though.

Anyone else noticing MSE site very slow today? Other sites are ok, so cannot be my browser or computer.
    Slow here too, thought it was just me but measured the broadband speed and it was normal for this time of day.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Apr 18, 9:27 AM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all

Just looking at vouchercodes and there is a new Expedia offer -do a rail booking and get a 5 Costa voucher - not sure if you can do this one if you have already done lasts weeks 3 offer ...

My 3 one is showing as waiting for validation - I noticed payment was still pending yesterday

windfall Wednesday is something to do with shoes this week ...
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-04-2018 at 9:39 AM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 11th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 17,413 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Or you could use a tooth pick , new one of course

Good Morning all , a slightly better day today just dull and horrible eh Nellie
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Good morning everyone
    Hi emerald, yes indeed it is slightly better today I'm off to Chelmsford to see DD2 for a couple of days so hoping for better weather there
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also I've had my first Iceland mailing which says between 11th of April and 13th of May spend 10 instore, three times, online or at the warehouse and use the bonuscard and then on 19th of May 5 will be loaded onto my bonus card to be spend by 3rd June.

I suppose it will have to be chicken.

Have to have a look at my visa offers now - very sometimes Iceland is on the list.
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-04-2018 at 1:46 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • redfox
    • By redfox 11th Apr 18, 9:34 AM
    • 13,591 Posts
    • 37,030 Thanks
    redfox
    just to let you know that the techies are aware and are working on it.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• pippo
    • By pippo 11th Apr 18, 10:14 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 35,339 Thanks
    pippo
    Morning all, misty and miserable here too.
    Have to wait in for a parcel delivery plenty to do, but no motivation to do it. The grumpy one is out painting at SiL's....... our painting is no where near finished!!
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Apr 18, 10:25 AM
    • 9,787 Posts
    • 151,017 Thanks
    MKS
    apg not picking up waities 3 4 2 offer on Cordosyl.

1x Country Life British Spreadable (500g) 2.50 2.50
    1x Asda Bamboo & Water chestnut Stir Fry (320g) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Batter Mix (480g) 1.50 N/A
    3x Corsodyl Original Mouthwash (300ml) 13.50 N/A
    1x Viakal Limescale Remover Cleaning Spray (500ml) 2.00 2.13
    1x ASDA Nicotine 2mg Lozenges Sugar Free 72 Pack (72pk) 7.00 N/A
    1x Harpic Powerplus Toilet Cleaner Liquid Citrus (750ml) 2.00 1.16
    1x Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry (75cl) 10.00 8.75
    1x ASDA Crunchy Beansprouts Stir Fry (360g) 0.60 N/A
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 5,241 Posts
    • 60,589 Thanks
    gocat
    Still waiting for cb from rana. I put my receipt in on Sunday morning

Morning all
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Apr 18, 10:58 AM
    • 14,900 Posts
    • 237,918 Thanks
    zippydooda
    apg not picking up waities 3 4 2 offer on Cordosyl.

1x Country Life British Spreadable (500g) 2.50 2.50
    1x Asda Bamboo & Water chestnut Stir Fry (320g) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Batter Mix (480g) 1.50 N/A
    3x Corsodyl Original Mouthwash (300ml) 13.50 N/A
    1x Viakal Limescale Remover Cleaning Spray (500ml) 2.00 2.13
    1x ASDA Nicotine 2mg Lozenges Sugar Free 72 Pack (72pk) 7.00 N/A
    1x Harpic Powerplus Toilet Cleaner Liquid Citrus (750ml) 2.00 1.16
    1x Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry (75cl) 10.00 8.75
    1x ASDA Crunchy Beansprouts Stir Fry (360g) 0.60 N/A
    Originally posted by MKS
    I should not pick it up. As expected as its varying prices in the offer
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Apr 18, 11:03 AM
    • 15,134 Posts
    • 258,254 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Bed bound with this stupid never going to go away Tendonitis in my foot
    After asking 3 times over the last 4 weeks, for Naproxen from Drs - I eventually today have a prescription to pick up
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• ledlights
    • By ledlights 11th Apr 18, 11:03 AM
    • 250 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    ledlights
    morning all just been feeling a little down for a while but trying to get some get up and go seems everyone across the border has had an amazing run of wine deals lol enjoy .but the glitch fairy hasent given us much up here please please can we have some deals so i can get up and get out and get moving again
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 19,847 Posts
    • 211,891 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Bed bound with this stupid never going to go away Tendonitis in my foot
    After asking 3 times over the last 4 weeks, for Naproxen from Drs - I eventually today have a prescription to pick up
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hope you have someone that can pick it up for you

morning all just been feeling a little down for a while but trying to get some get up and go seems everyone across the border has had an amazing run of wine deals lol enjoy .but the glitch fairy hasent given us much up here please please can we have some deals so i can get up and get out and get moving again
    Originally posted by ledlights
    Good to see you back, this thread is handy if you want a good moan and it really does make you feel better.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 11th Apr 18, 11:11 AM
    • 2,690 Posts
    • 50,069 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Shop from this morning

3x Heidsieck & Co Monopole Blue Top Brut Champagne (75cl) 81.00 57.00 Boxed of course
    30.42 APG compared to T also compares to S
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 9,787 Posts
    • 151,017 Thanks
    MKS
    I should not pick it up. As expected as its varying prices in the offer
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I hear what you are saying but thought it might work as they weren't mixed. When it was 3 4 2 on the aussies before, it worked when buying 3 of the same item.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 11th Apr 18, 11:52 AM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    Tried using 2 Robinson's coupons for Fruit and Barely 2 for 2 on SS in Tesco, but didn't work.
    Has anyone tried recently with the normal Robinson's ?

Found Princes Mackerel in Curry Sauce for first time yesterday, but didn't like it, very strange flavour.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,447Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin