Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,381Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1485
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 26,062 Posts
    • 317,077 Thanks
    davemorton
    My remove used to be below too, until after they changed to GP and all of a sudden it had moved to top right.

If they wont remove, the only thing I can think of is to screenshot all your vouchers then you can just delete as you go.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Guess I will have to Im not the most organised though.
    Should have gone to Specsavers
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    ermmm. take you long to think of that one?

Have just made myself feel sick

Opened a box of Turkish delight that Mr TS bought me for xmas and have eaten about 8 pieces without stopping.

And when did they stop doing the little wooden forks in the boxes to stop you getting the icing sugar all over your fingers?
    1937?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Apr 18, 10:02 PM
    • 26,062 Posts
    • 317,077 Thanks
    davemorton
    Spent 30 min in m&s testing and deleting vouchers that dw had used but not removed. 3 was taken then rejected at the end cos of ys, I had already deleted voucher so had to quickly choose something full price or lose it.
    Originally posted by michaels
    So yours are still deleting, not fair!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Apr 18, 10:06 PM
    • 14,563 Posts
    • 234,891 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Good evening, I tried the felinex today & it worked against Tesco!!!8217;s, I can!!!8217;t ypload my receipt or post it as s oicture. Hope this helps x
    Originally posted by Leslieo1
    there has been info on here a few times how to change your settings so you dont keep getting all them numbers.

or you can just miss apostrophes out.

ref apg results, just copy and paste them

you can post pictures after you have made 10 posts. hth
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 10:06 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I got Ribena , the proper sugar stuff, but am aware of the change, I usually buy the farmfoods Pepsi offer, 3 x 24 for 17, I get a mix of full fat and diet, today the full fat was not in the offer and 8.49 for the 24 , will need to keep a look out for decent offers
    Originally posted by izzy65
    I got the last old recipe Ribena bottles from my local Ts couple days ago, the smaller bottles I got before had some offer on the label and I noticed that these 2 bottles had the same label mixed in with all the others.

I had a shock that not only has my coke gone up in price they have made the bottles smaller. I am kicking myself for not stocking up before the sugar tax came in. But unfortunately it's one of those things that I don't like to keep a stash of as I would drink a lot more than I should. I just buy the odd bottle when I really fancy some. I'm not fussy pepsi or coke as long as it's full of sugar....

Izzy I have read somewhere that some people have had luck in places like Home Bargains and B&M for the old recipe.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 10:13 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Guess I will have to Im not the most organised though.

ermmm. take you long to think of that one?

1937?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Just keeping you on your toes DM while Bubbs is having a break.

1937? sorry think I meant to say plastic fork.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 10th Apr 18, 10:22 PM
    • 2,606 Posts
    • 42,846 Thanks
    izzy65
    I got the last old recipe Ribena bottles from my local Ts couple days ago, the smaller bottles I got before had some offer on the label and I noticed that these 2 bottles had the same label mixed in with all the others.

I had a shock that not only has my coke gone up in price they have made the bottles smaller. I am kicking myself for not stocking up before the sugar tax came in. But unfortunately it's one of those things that I don't like to keep a stash of as I would drink a lot more than I should. I just buy the odd bottle when I really fancy some. I'm not fussy pepsi or coke as long as it's full of sugar....

Izzy I have read somewhere that some people have had luck in places like Home Bargains and B&M for the old recipe.
    I only buy cans as it easier to control my fluid intake, if I bought a bottle I know I would drink too much, I had success in poundstechers when the lucozade changed I got the last thirty bottles , same as you Pepsi or coke but full sugar
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Apr 18, 10:28 PM
    • 26,062 Posts
    • 317,077 Thanks
    davemorton
    Just keeping you on your toes DM while Bubbs is having a break.
    Yes, I know how much she must be missing me, I might have to pop over to the WW thread to say hi.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 10:36 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I only buy cans as it easier to control my fluid intake, if I bought a bottle I know I would drink too much, I had success in poundstechers when the lucozade changed I got the last thirty bottles , same as you Pepsi or coke but full sugar
    Originally posted by izzy65
    I hope you find a decent offer, vaguely think I read that small 500ml bottles were pre sugar tax prices in one of the discount stores, not sure if that size would be any good for you and sorry can't remember which store it was.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 10:39 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Yes, I know how much she must be missing me, I might have to pop over to the WW thread to say hi.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Now wouldn't that be a syn?

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Apr 18, 10:42 PM
    • 26,062 Posts
    • 317,077 Thanks
    davemorton
    Now wouldn't that be a syn?
    She would save them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHetRTOD1Q

• Clipstrip Bargains
    • By Clipstrip Bargains 10th Apr 18, 10:52 PM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 30,641 Thanks
    Clipstrip Bargains
    For those looking for full sugar squash
    Waitrose do a hi juice and I dont think they have changed the recipe
    Same for Sainsburys-also their no added sugar has sucrolose which doesnt taste as bad as some sweeteners
    Im happy to pay the tax I just want the choice not to consume chemicals
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.
    Good things come to those who wait Bad things come on express delivery
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th Apr 18, 11:01 PM
    • 27,639 Posts
    • 381,821 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    For those looking for full sugar squash
    Waitrose do a hi juice and I dont think they have changed the recipe
    Same for Sainsburys-also their no added sugar has sucrolose which doesnt taste as bad as some sweeteners
    Im happy to pay the tax I just want the choice not to consume chemicals
    Originally posted by Clipstrip Bargains
    Agree

I feel really strongly about our choice being taken away...

I will get DD1 to check her waitrose again. Thanks

• aau1
    • By aau1 10th Apr 18, 11:09 PM
    • 18,751 Posts
    • 325,045 Thanks
    aau1
    The free single use coffee cup is ending at the end of the month. Coffee is still free though. You'll have to pay for the cup or use a reusable plastic cup. I think this is a good thing
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Just to add to this, they are also doing away with free coffee from the cafe altogether.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Apr 18, 11:35 PM
    • 16,837 Posts
    • 206,595 Thanks
    mhoc
    evening all

On the subject of drinks without artificial sweetners Have a look for a range of cordials called Blossom Cottage - there are several flavours, at the mo I am drinking blackcurrant and vanilla. The Morella Cherry is 2 from Waitrose and its gorgeous.
    Ideally make it up in a jug, I like it well diluted and give it a good stir. I have it over a glass full of ice and sparkling water, 2 glasses over dinner and then I go back to just sparkling water.
    Quite economical, no sweeteners or artificials

(no I have not tried adding gin but thats worth an experiment
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Apr 18, 11:40 PM
    • 16,837 Posts
    • 206,595 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just to add to this, they are also doing away with free coffee from the cafe altogether.
    Originally posted by aau1
    I think that will really cause a riot, no free coffee in the cafe - and also a drop in trade. Its also coming in very soon - May 23rd???? - I expect they will have signs up to let people know who dont read their emails.

I had 3 emails from Waitrose today - must have a spare card somewhere ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Apr 18, 11:59 PM
    • 20,127 Posts
    • 263,455 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't know whether the items said to be on sale in S are on store-specific prices. I have just been to a third S (I have been walking so I am getting my exercise and it's costing me the wear and tear on my shoes) and I found lots of stock of some Birds Eye Breaded Nuggets that were supposedly 45p according to the store without stock. Plenty of stock in the place that says they are 3. I don't know whether I have the wrong version of the 22 pack but they scanned at 2.

I also found a tin of KTC Plum Tomatoes of the type that the other store suggested were 20p. SEL said 40p and they scanned at 40p.

I saw that I now had some SELs for some chocolates on sale. However, I had no stock of them. No Easter eggs either, none that were anything other than very tiny things not even worth buying at their lowest prices, in any of my stores.

There may be another S somewhere in a virtual world at another place in the country that exists in a parallel universe and has everything on cheap RTC price - however the items are full price in my stores or OOS in anywhere that says they are on sale.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-04-2018 at 12:03 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Apr 18, 12:17 AM
    • 20,127 Posts
    • 263,455 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Apparently I am not expecting anything to have expired on their offers in M today according to my list (and looking at the dates on m.com on the items that I haven't had a moment to change from a question mark yet). Just a few Cow & Gate products supposedly on their last day but they should still be showing the offer today. It therefore doesn't look like it will be too bad in M. There could be items that I haven't even got onto the list that were to have expired yesterday; if so my list doesn't tell me about them so I am not aware of any and I will find out when I visit and see them at full price in my stores. Which might mean they are still on offer. However, I joke about that. There isn't too much extra to add from Monday onto last Wednesday, although there was enough, and it looks like today won't add too much extra anyway, so the updating of last Wednesday, Monday and now today Wednesday later will be manageable. The real biggie is still last Wednesday. I am up-to-date as far as I know with what is actually on the list, so the expired offers as of Monday have been crossed out or removed. Anything that has a date in the past, certainly on Avs M, is still on the list for a reason - I think it has rolled over - the offer is still on until some new date that I haven't looked for yet, unless it is a rare item that my detailed eyes have missed.

So I am not looking for expiries in M today but, if they are there, then I will see them.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-04-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Apr 18, 6:48 AM
    • 3,141 Posts
    • 48,523 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Think this will be the last day for the wine list. Hope your shops all work

OTHER WINES THAT SHOULD WORK ACCORDING TO MSM (checked Sat 6th April so check before shop to make sure price has not updated)

DID NOT WORK 7/4 Blossom Hill Grenache Rose 5.98 4.95 2.46 Waitrose

PORCUPINE RIDGE Sauvignon Blanc 7.98 5.99 2.73 wiaitrose / sainsburys

worked 10/4 Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Grigio 5.98 5.25 2.73 tesco

CHECK IT IS ON 3 FOR 2
    Barefoot Pinot Grigio 6.48 5.50 2.79 Tesco

worked 2/4 Errazuriz Estate Sauvignon Blanc 8.98 6.50 2.86 Morrisons

DID NOT WORK 10/4 Casillero del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc Chile 6.00 5.50 2.95 Tesco

Worked 10/4 Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon 6.00 5.50 2.95 Tesco

Barefoot White Zinfandel 6.48 5.75 3.02 Sainsburys

worked 7/4
    Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 9.48 7.00 3.14 tesco

worked 10/4 Faustino VII Rioja Spain 7.48 6.50 3.36 Tesco

Campo Viejo Tempranillo 7.00 6.50 3.52 Sainsburys

Barefoot Bubbly Pink Moscato 7.98 7.00 3.64 Tesco

Torres Vina Sol White Wine 6.48 6.50 3.69 Tesco

Martini Asti Spumante 8.98 7.50 3.76 Sainsburys

Hardys Nottage Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz Australia 6.48 6.75 3.92 Morrisons

Hardys Nottage Hill Chardonnay 6.48 6.75 3.92 Morrisons

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon 6.48 6.75 3.92 Morrisons

Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet 6.48 6.75 3.92 Morrisons

worked 10/4 Freixenet Prosecco 11.98 9.00 4.11 Tesco & Morries

ES Prosecco 8.98 8.00 4.21 Out stock Sains

worked 5/4 Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc 5.00 6.75 4.41 Sainsburys

Barefoot Bubbly Pinot Grigio 7.98 8.00 4.54 Tesco

XYZin Zinfandel 7.98 8.00 4.54 tesco (out stock)

Barossa Ink Sharaz 9.98 9.00 4.77 Tesco

Villa Maria Pinot Noir 11.98 11.50 6.36 Tesco

ES Barolo 16.98 15.00 7.84 Out stock Tesco & Sains

worked 7/4
    Monopole blue top champagne 27.00 19.00 8.10 Tesco - buy the boxed

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne 35.00 28.00 13.53 Morrison

Bollinger 37.5cl 24.00 23.99 13.59 waities

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne 35.00 29.00 14.43 Tesco

Mot & Chandon Brut Imperial Non Vintage Champagne 27.00 27.00 15.30 Sainsburys

HEIDSIECK CHAMPAGNE 27.00 30.00 18.00 Morrisons/Sainsburys
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Apr 18, 7:06 AM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 36,636 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thank you Elaine you have done a fantastic job you enjoy your well earned rest haha.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Apr 18, 7:08 AM
    • 5,294 Posts
    • 63,777 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,442Users online

Martin's Twitter