Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,662Posts
    • 37,106Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1482
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 2,838 Posts
    • 31,969 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    All this has made me wonder what was Number 1 in the charts in the month we were born.

Mine was Hold My Hand by Don Cornell ...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

And mine

Marvin Rainwater - Whole Lotta Woman.....Makes me think....Where is bubbles...
    36 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • cjj
    • By cjj 10th Apr 18, 4:53 PM
    • 6,427 Posts
    • 85,384 Thanks
    cjj
    Afternoon all, weather is awful. Hope everyone is ok

Re Nationwide

Does anyone know if the regular saver carries on after your bank account stops getting the 5% or do they both finish at same time please ? Tia xxx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Apr 18, 4:59 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Afternoon all, weather is awful. Hope everyone is ok

Re Nationwide

Does anyone know if the regular saver carries on after your bank account stops getting the 5% or do they both finish at same time please ? Tia xxx
    Originally posted by cjj
    My regular saver carried on and I was eligble for a new one when the year was up.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Apr 18, 5:02 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Mine was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougF5Q78tyo... I'm old!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Apr 18, 5:04 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo

Missing Bubbs
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 10th Apr 18, 5:08 PM
    • 947 Posts
    • 12,822 Thanks
    sarahskint
    no new offers of reduced stuff but there should be tomorrow - new star buys tomorrow include sd own shower gel, lynx xl sprays, impulse body mists and a couple of bits of make up, also new perfume star buys including ck one summer, dkny summer ck one large bottle and a couple of others. I was meant to finish at 2, stayed until 4 as manager from another store was in today and she needed me to finish some displays off!!
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 8,046 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Today's wine and Aussie shop. A v T

1x Aussie Miracle Shine Conditioner (250ml) 4.00 3.33
    1x Kingsmill Medium 50/50 Bread (800g) 1.00 1.00
    6x Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Grigio (75cl) 35.88 31.50
    1x ASDA Extra Special British Jazzy Potatoes (1kg) 1.20 N/A
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.12
    1x Ariel 3 in 1 Pods Washing Capsules 38 Washes (38pk) 6.00 6.00
    1x Aussie Miracle Shine Shampoo (300ml) 4.00 3.33
    1x ASDA Extra Special Marabel Baking Potatoes (4pk) 1.20 N/A
    0.25x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.15 0.15
    1x Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Shine Deep Conditioner (250ml) 4.50 3.34
    1x ASDA Extra Special Vine Ripened Tomatoes (4pk) 1.35 N/A
    1x ASDA Pineapple Chunks in Fruit Juice (432g) 0.80 0.80
    Comparison total (compared products only) 56.45 49.57

11.84 APG

Ariel 2 cb SSM
    Aussie in 342 and 1.50 cb SSM

SnS
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Apr 18, 5:27 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 31,280 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Hi HILLBERN

Awh that's a shame

There are a few "quirky" courses I don't bet at - and Fakenham is one of them. It even confuses the jockeys it seems - did you see the 4.00 pm race on Saturday when the poor jockey rode his horse to finish a circuit too early?
    He got a 14 day ban for that

Hope you are well
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone

Yes im well thanks, off to London on Friday mini break and babysitting duties, but its also my little gs 3rd birthday- how time flies
    No idnt see the race but DH did, but he said all credit to the jockey for then getting going again and finishing the race..but who knows where they would have finished if they hadn't pulled up...gosh 2 week ban
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Apr 18, 5:27 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Loving all the old songs
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Apr 18, 5:28 PM
    • 3,807 Posts
    • 37,213 Thanks
    Picasso7
    My favourite ones are from waities, they have lovey patterns and are nice to drink from, dont leak and keep your coffee hot. They are 3
    I have china ones from laura ashley and one from joules but they are not very big and the coffee goes cold quick.
    Originally posted by lj*
    we bought ones from waitrose just after xmas on offer for 2 which we now use in nero
    we also have china ones bought rtc from S but never used them, because they are china and I don't want to break them
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Thank you both. Was going to try them as they are so much cheaper than elsewhere.

Missing Bubbs
    Originally posted by pippo
    She says shes having time out but will be back.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 31,280 Thanks
    HILLBERN

its amazing listening to some of these oldies the memories that come filtering through
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Apr 18, 5:37 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    The current Boots A/Cd offers end today, so hopefully there should be a new batch tomorrow.

• pippo
    • By pippo 10th Apr 18, 5:56 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Today's wine and Aussie shop. A v T

1x Aussie Miracle Shine Conditioner (250ml) 4.00 3.33
    1x Kingsmill Medium 50/50 Bread (800g) 1.00 1.00
    6x Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Grigio (75cl) 35.88 31.50
    1x ASDA Extra Special British Jazzy Potatoes (1kg) 1.20 N/A
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.12
    1x Ariel 3 in 1 Pods Washing Capsules 38 Washes (38pk) 6.00 6.00
    1x Aussie Miracle Shine Shampoo (300ml) 4.00 3.33
    1x ASDA Extra Special Marabel Baking Potatoes (4pk) 1.20 N/A
    0.25x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.15 0.15
    1x Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Shine Deep Conditioner (250ml) 4.50 3.34
    1x ASDA Extra Special Vine Ripened Tomatoes (4pk) 1.35 N/A
    1x ASDA Pineapple Chunks in Fruit Juice (432g) 0.80 0.80
    Comparison total (compared products only) 56.45 49.57

11.84 APG

Ariel 2 cb SSM
    Aussie in 342 and 1.50 cb SSM

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    Lovely shop! I'm becoming quite partial to that Nederburg P G
    Tempted by the Aussie too, but still trying to lessen the stash!
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Apr 18, 6:02 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 8,046 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Lovely shop! I'm becoming quite partial to that Nederburg P G
    Tempted by the Aussie too, but still trying to lessen the stash!
    Thank you. I won't have any trouble lessening stash. GD is visiting Thursday and Aussie is her favourite. I expect she'll relieve me of some of the wine as well. Bless her cotton socks.

SnS
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Apr 18, 6:11 PM
    • 7,314 Posts
    • 60,207 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    The current Boots A/Cd offers end today, so hopefully there should be a new batch tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Took advantage today. I had the 5 off No7 wys 10 on my app and also had a till spit moc for 7 off No7 anti ageing, got a 25 day cream for 13 paid with Xmas present gift card

I was lucky not to get a jobsworth sa
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Apr 18, 6:15 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good afternoon Seren,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about our Robinsons Squashes.

We're sorry to hear that you're unable to drink the squashes that contain artificial sweeteners but we do have a range called Fruit Cordials that contain a mix of sugar and a sweetener derived from a natural source (the Stevia Plant).

There are three flavours in our Fruit Cordials range, we hope you try them and find a favourite within the range.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

• pippo
    • By pippo 10th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Sorry about the wet weather today folks, probably my fault as I took delivery of my new garden furniture!!

It was quite expensive but it is one of my pension, should last us until we die, spends! and grumpy knickers likes it
    I hit on lucky as I joined Kidstart when mentioned it in a weekly email, and just by chance hit on when they had 3% cashback from John Lewis and JL had a free cover and special deal

The tags on the furniture say don't cover it so perhaps I will sell off the 55 cover!

I'm now referring all my friends and family to kidsmart, not as good as the usuals for most things, but you get money back from John Lewis, amazon and next!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Thank you. I won't have any trouble lessening stash. GD is visiting Thursday and Aussie is her favourite. I expect she'll relieve me of some of the wine as well. Bless her cotton socks.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    My GDs relieve me of some of my stash too, but at 13 and 11 don't touch the wine , yet....!
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 10th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Good Evening Elite friends - catching up but not posting since I came 'home' till today. So sad to come back and then Bubbs stops posting, as that bothers me lots. Adding to my depression

So will that get you back Bubbs
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 10th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Sorry to find that Fourp has been having bad health problems but glad it is being sorted out Please pass on my love to him please Snap
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,022Posts Today

8,169Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin