Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,598Posts
    • 37,039Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1479
    • lj*
    • By lj* 10th Apr 18, 8:22 AM
    • 229 Posts
    • 2,355 Thanks
    lj*
    Morning all, damp and miserable here today again!
    Just having a look online as I need to buy whisky as a gift and all mention of 3 for 2 wine has disappeared, now 2 for 9 so I expect it depends on your store and what scans there. Maybe buying in 6's then it covers all options if its in both offers? Too early in the morning for my brain to be in gear I think!
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 10th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    • 16,800 Posts
    • 282,042 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all

Just a quick one -in S this morning they had Cadbury Egg and Spoon Oreo for 20p and Milkybar Bunnies (pack of 5) also for 20p

Might be useful to someone
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Apr 18, 8:43 AM
    • 6,821 Posts
    • 91,451 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

I have been awol, all week, been away and had friends, so have been lurking when I can catch up.

Bubbs, we need you back and miss you.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 8:51 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, fine so far this morning, might even get out on a bike ride

They're onto us

Were either of you around when we were buying the big Edams....the whole cheese on TMF

Was it Christmas 2016?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    That Edam was fantastic, think I got about 11 worth
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Apr 18, 9:13 AM
    • 15,134 Posts
    • 258,254 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Off to jolly work

That Sister called around unexpectedly last night ... to give me the shop keys I hadn't even registered I was missing them

Fourp isn't right, the blurred vision was to do with starting Beta Blockers, but he is very 'delicate' & withdrawn Hopefully if anything does happen whilst I'm out he will ring someone ..

Bestest
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Apr 18, 9:16 AM
    • 15,134 Posts
    • 258,254 Thanks
    Snap-ant

So pleased your like your phone Enterprise.

I am fond of the split screen so I can cheat at Word Cookies having an anagram solver page up too
    Our Family Motto ~

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 9:21 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Off to jolly work

That Sister called around unexpectedly last night ... to give me the shop keys I hadn't even registered I was missing them

Fourp isn't right, the blurred vision was to do with starting Beta Blockers, but he is very 'delicate' & withdrawn Hopefully if anything does happen whilst I'm out he will ring someone ..

Bestest
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    He's had a bit of a shock to his system, he has found out that he is not indestructible, no man likes to find out he is getting older and more vulnerable, even if only slightly, I am sure he will come back to himself in time xx
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Apr 18, 9:21 AM
    • 15,134 Posts
    • 258,254 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

18 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

Our Family Motto ~

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Apr 18, 9:24 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Morning all

Just a quick one -in S this morning they had Cadbury Egg and Spoon Oreo for 20p and Milkybar Bunnies (pack of 5) also for 20p

Might be useful to someone
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Also the character Easter eggs are 60p, DD just rang me from S
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    OK, my laptop has turned on me.

All of a sudden, in the middle of playing Candy, my mouse reversed it's buttons. The left button now does what the right button did, and vice-versa.

The weird thing is in other apps it is still "normal".

Confused.com.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 9:34 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

So pleased your like your phone Enterprise.

I am fond of the split screen so I can cheat at Word Cookies having an anagram solver page up too
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Haven't managed to find split screen yet, sure I will though as I keep doing it accidentally on my tab never can do it when I want to though
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 9:36 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    OK, my laptop has turned on me.

All of a sudden, in the middle of playing Candy, my mouse reversed it's buttons. The left button now does what the right button did, and vice-versa.

The weird thing is in other apps it is still "normal".

Confused.com.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    It gets even weirder. I can navigate through the screens "normally", I just have to play the game in reversed mode
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Apr 18, 9:39 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    First single I ever bought was Excerpt from a Teenage Opera aka Grocer Jack.

I was 12 and felt very grown up.

Fast forward 51 years and my DGD has just turned 9. Her gifts include tickets to see Ed Sheeran
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 9:43 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    First single I ever bought was Excerpt from a Teenage Opera aka Grocer Jack.

I was 12 and felt very grown up.

Fast forward 51 years and my DGD has just turned 9. Her gifts include tickets to see Ed Sheeran
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    First single I ever bought was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It mysteriously disappeared after quite a few plays. I think I must have been about 7 0r 8, saved up my pocket money for ages!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Apr 18, 9:49 AM
    • 19,859 Posts
    • 211,938 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    OK, now it has gone back to "normal".

I am truly confused.

Is my laptop haunted?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Apr 18, 9:59 AM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    Supersavyme have also rejected my receipts from the weekend - Not surprised, very difficult website to use. I didn't get an email, just a message on the website when I logged on.

The worst of it is that they were actually the correct items

Might have another try again today or at least get OH to try to do the uploads.

I didn't have a great deal of faith in this, if they wanted to go down this road they should really have developed an app
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Apr 18, 10:11 AM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    In the meantime we are having the cold and rainy day that everyone had yesterday - when you were all waist deep in water we had sunshine and birds singing - I did a bedding wash, dried everything outside and I even put the king sized duvet on the line to air and fresheden for the entire day. I even did some plant potting up.

Today its the opposite - monsoon and only 7 degrees.

I have no excuse now but to tackle the rainy day jobs

A the unfiled paperwork basket needs sorting out or at least get some semblance of order back
    B mass delete of junk emails from the last month

both very tedious and time consuming jobs

C read the paperwork for the matured/maturing ISAs and make a decision about what pitiful account to move them to

Yes its better just to spend it and if we do get the builder in this month and its only a rumour as yet them then we will be funding his next las Vegas trip

If anyone sees me on here before I've done all 3 jobs scowl and tutt at me.
    Or if something exciting comes up as free on COS, Q or shopimum or a new glitch comes along shout
    VERY LOUDLY - any distraction is welcome
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Apr 18, 10:31 AM
    • 2,828 Posts
    • 31,882 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning....Rather murky again....Not quite what was forecast....

Day didn't start to good...Didn't much fancy getting up this morning....So lay in I did, although, I had a dental appointment at what I thought was 9:50am.....but was in fact 9:20am.....Rushed to get there....For some unknown reason I ended up in Asda car park.....Not the dentists...

Just made it to my appointment...

Receptionist...Good morning Mr. Marmie, What can I do for you...

Marmie....I'm here for my hygienist appointment at 9:20am...

Receptionist....Well Mr. Marmie...It is really nice to see you but, you are a month too early...Your appointment is in May....

Marmie...Oh!

Hope you have better starts to your days than I...

31 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Apr 18, 10:40 AM
    • 3,802 Posts
    • 37,173 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hi everyone. Bubbs, please come back...

Trying to catch up after a mega busy weekend.

They're onto us

Were either of you around when we were buying the big Edams....the whole cheese on TMF

Was it Christmas 2016?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I grated it and froze it and there is still some in the freezer. I tend to use it for toppings for pasta bakes -- when I served it in a bowl to go over spaghetti my niece asked very suspiciously what sort of cheese it was. I don't like the taste either!

Hi Pinot Grigio is medium and the Zinfandel is even sweeter but Asti is very sweet
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    Thank you very much. RL crazy for the last few days so apologies for the delayed reply.

Picasso the only one for sure that I know is sweet is the asti. That is very sweet but sparkling.

Late to the party on the rana, msm is saying out of stock at As and that Ts don't stock it so could I put it in with a frexy shop?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks Di. This will be for Mum's 90th and sadly she doesn't like sparkling wine! Oh well...

I thought the APG no longer looks at MSM? Don't we have to double check with T's website please? But if T doesn't stock it, I would have thought it'd be safe to add to a vT shop.
    Last edited by Picasso7; 10-04-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Apr 18, 10:43 AM
    • 3,802 Posts
    • 37,173 Thanks
    Picasso7
    The free single use coffee cup is ending at the end of the month. Coffee is still free though. You'll have to pay for the cup or use a reusable plastic cup. I think this is a good thing
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Thanks Zippy. I popped in for my free cuppa this morning before catching the train. Oddly enough I was thinking that I should buy a re-usable cup so I welcome their move. Has anyone any suggestions for a good one please? (But then where will I put the banana skin before they come to collect rubbish! )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,540Posts Today

9,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin