Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,435Posts
    • 36,745Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1262
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 18, 6:04 PM
    • 17,123 Posts
    • 209,067 Thanks
    mhoc
    A quick question pretty please.

Errant son got Auto Aid last summer to cover the van.

I've just had a look on Groupon for it but it seems to have been replaced by a firm called Emergency Assist which seems to have more restrictions.

It seems to cover 1 person per policy per car (only 4 changes allowed per year, no temperory changes permitted) but OH drives both cars - I think Autoaid covered a person plus spouse.

Also in the small print Emergency Assist only covers vehicles under 10 year so I had to go through the paperwork and found our car is ten in October - I am wondering if this means that half way through the policy our car will be invalid.

I am thinking that Emergency Assist might not be the right choice.

Has anyone had experience of either company.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 51,715 Posts
    • 620,136 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    I am all behind as been dentist, but all good so thats a bonus
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Mar 18, 6:42 PM
    • 17,123 Posts
    • 209,067 Thanks
    mhoc
    So what I've been up to today.

OH had his annual check up at the docs and his blood tests showed slightly raised cholesterol levels. I said to OH to tell his doc that he would put off taking statins for now and try the diet and exercise route for the next 3 or 4 months and see if that works as its so marginal.
    He is also taking other meds for other conditions which also might have interactions so I asked him to do some proper research first and ask questions before making a decisions I also gave him some links to look at.
    OH ignored me and comes back from the docs today with statins.

This affects our travel insurance as you are supposed to declare if you are being investigated for anything or if you have any new conditions. If not you risk your travel insurance being invalid.

Our policy is due for renewal in April - after we come back from the next trip so I was going to deal with that nearer the time.

We had one of those packaged bank accounts that include roadside assist, mobile insurance and worldwide travel insurance but we had to pay for upgrades as OH has medical issues. Last year it was 140 and this year it was up to 159. That is on top of the 13 a month bank fees so 156 and 158 = 314

I'd started getting quotes from various firms a week or so ago but staysure were the best, answered all of my questions and covered everything we needed. I got quotes for worldwide but not US, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan etc as these are places we are not going to. Staysure sent me a quote by email and then later a text with a discount code. I then rang them back today and even with the new condition on the list they still gave me a good price and then the discount made it even better so I went with their quote.

Then I was on the phone for about half an hour downgrading the bank account to a non fee paying account and I had to update the various holiday paperwork with the new travel insurance details.

I am not doing replacing the mobile insurance - our phones are ancient anyway and if we did ever claim the excess if you have to claim for replacements for loss etc. If we had 600 iphones then it would be more of a concern but we haven't.

Next job is to sort out the roadside assist and if I can get it for under 50 then I will have saved about 100

We had the Flexplus account for a few years and its worked fine for us as we have never had to claim for anything but the price went up from 10 a month to 13 and they also reduced the package down to just three insurance categories. Then OH started collecting ailments and we needed to pay for travel insurance upgrades so it was less useful.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 14th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 10,063 Posts
    • 115,993 Thanks
    emerald21
    Statins are ok well they are for me anyway . I ve been on them for over 20years due to inherited high cholesterol .

Our local Asda in their wisdom have decided that they will only take apg s if the credit card numbers match the ones on the apg huh Anyone else had this ? I hate our store lol . Tosser s.
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 14th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 42,916 Thanks
    izzy65
    Statins are ok well they are for me anyway . I ve been on them for over 20years due to inherited high cholesterol .

Our local Asda in their wisdom have decided that they will only take apg s if the credit card numbers match the ones on the apg huh Anyone else had this ? I hate our store lol . Tosser s.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Like all drugs statins are not for everyone I know of one person who ended up with no renal function because of statins, I admit it's a rare occurrence but as mhoc said everyone should do their own research before taking any medication.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 29,708 Thanks
    curl girl
    A quick question pretty please.

Errant son got Auto Aid last summer to cover the van.

I've just had a look on Groupon for it but it seems to have been replaced by a firm called Emergency Assist which seems to have more restrictions.

It seems to cover 1 person per policy per car (only 4 changes allowed per year, no temperory changes permitted) but OH drives both cars - I think Autoaid covered a person plus spouse.

Also in the small print Emergency Assist only covers vehicles under 10 year so I had to go through the paperwork and found our car is ten in October - I am wondering if this means that half way through the policy our car will be invalid.

I am thinking that Emergency Assist might not be the right choice.

Has anyone had experience of either company.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I used Start Rescue as it covered just the vehicle.
    Code on voucher codes, cost around 25ish.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 14th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 4,501 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    DH definitely suffers from low mood in the winter. He has quite a powerful light box not very cheap but well worth the money I know if he skips a couple of mornings. He just has it on when catching up with the morning news, about 30minutes
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thank you
    I have been contemplating this for a while, will have to look into it although this winter has been particularly tough emotionally x
    Last edited by pandoraskids; 15-03-2018 at 7:47 AM.
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • locarr
    • By locarr 14th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    • 7,956 Posts
    • 140,655 Thanks
    locarr
    So what I've been up to today.

OH had his annual check up at the docs and his blood tests showed slightly raised cholesterol levels. I said to OH to tell his doc that he would put off taking statins for now and try the diet and exercise route for the next 3 or 4 months and see if that works as its so marginal.
    He is also taking other meds for other conditions which also might have interactions so I asked him to do some proper research first and ask questions before making a decisions I also gave him some links to look at.
    OH ignored me and comes back from the docs today with statins.

This affects our travel insurance as you are supposed to declare if you are being investigated for anything or if you have any new conditions. If not you risk your travel insurance being invalid.

Our policy is due for renewal in April - after we come back from the next trip so I was going to deal with that nearer the time.

We had one of those packaged bank accounts that include roadside assist, mobile insurance and worldwide travel insurance but we had to pay for upgrades as OH has medical issues. Last year it was 140 and this year it was up to 159. That is on top of the 13 a month bank fees so 156 and 158 = 314

I'd started getting quotes from various firms a week or so ago but staysure were the best, answered all of my questions and covered everything we needed. I got quotes for worldwide but not US, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan etc as these are places we are not going to. Staysure sent me a quote by email and then later a text with a discount code. I then rang them back today and even with the new condition on the list they still gave me a good price and then the discount made it even better so I went with their quote.

Then I was on the phone for about half an hour downgrading the bank account to a non fee paying account and I had to update the various holiday paperwork with the new travel insurance details.

I am not doing replacing the mobile insurance - our phones are ancient anyway and if we did ever claim the excess if you have to claim for replacements for loss etc. If we had 600 iphones then it would be more of a concern but we haven't.

Next job is to sort out the roadside assist and if I can get it for under 50 then I will have saved about 100

We had the Flexplus account for a few years and its worked fine for us as we have never had to claim for anything but the price went up from 10 a month to 13 and they also reduced the package down to just three insurance categories. Then OH started collecting ailments and we needed to pay for travel insurance upgrades so it was less useful.
    Originally posted by mhoc

The Mrs has high cholesterol and it didn't affect our travel policy when I declared it.

Did you look in to switching bank accounts? could have been more lucrative than just downgrading your current account, on some you can switch to the same bank and still get a bonus.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 14th Mar 18, 7:47 PM
    • 3,186 Posts
    • 49,002 Thanks
    elainemn
    Muller Rice or light 12 for 3.00 at Tesco until just after Easter so if we buy 11 of 1 it should glitch. Would that make them just under 1 for 12?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    • 51,715 Posts
    • 620,136 Thanks
    bubbs
    morning all - cheap make up on boots!!

342 and half price no.17 - your welcome

2 DD's will be over the moon xx

watch out if picking nail varnishes as not all work and you need 3 of the same item for it to be the cheapest x
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    Thanks for this

Two years yesterday I gave up smoking
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    well done , i was 3 yrs jan, cant believe i did either
    Who's a silly sausage ?
    Thought I better get some red wine, didn't really want it, just seem to have got carried away by this glitch, it's getting too addictive. Hardly ever drink and a full bottle is far too much for me on my own.

Anyway, forgot about the 10 maximum, and bought 12 !!!!!
    Got an apg for 19 98, so think I lost 3.00 or 4.00, could have been a lot worse, but even more annoying was when I came to part-pay with recycled apg for 24.00 the receipt had vanished, big que and supervisor called, already credited a small apg, so couldn't suspend transaction

Had to pay CASH Then found the receipt on the floor by the till
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Phewwww glad you found it x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Mar 18, 7:56 PM
    • 12,781 Posts
    • 144,840 Thanks
    Anon
    Muller Rice or light 12 for 3.00 at Tesco until just after Easter so if we buy 11 of 1 it should glitch. Would that make them just under 1 for 12?
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I don't think T BG breaks over 10, only A.

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 19,301 Posts
    • 208,389 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Well done on the no smoking Snap (and Bubbs), although I struggle to believe how long it has been

We've been to McArthurGlen today, picked up a few bits, had a good day out, then on the way back visited a pet shop with a few gorgeous birds in it, but not the ones we are after. We've changed our minds anyway, thinking about getting a sun conure now.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 2,186 Posts
    • 27,411 Thanks
    braveheart60uk

Originally posted by emerald21
    Hmm, score them out, if they ask, tell them you had your identity stolen a few years ago, so you don't trust anything appearing on paper, even a partial card number. If they ask more, don't give anything and ask if this is company policy to ask these sort of questions. If they say they will just use the computer system to check, ask for their Head Office number as you think that allowing staff to look up customers must be a definate security breach that needs highlighting. . Always leave the silence for them to fill, makes them uncomfortable LOL.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Mar 18, 8:06 PM
    • 12,781 Posts
    • 144,840 Thanks
    Anon
    I did call V M retentions to give them another chance to call back. After going through my account notes he said as I rejected the deal in the first callback, that was my chance and there would be no more calls or deals. That was their best offer. If it was, it was nowhere near deals mentioned on HUKD or here .

Anon
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 14th Mar 18, 8:12 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 3,021 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    SSM have you tried telling them you used apple/Android pay as both methods use an imaginary credit card number that bears no relation to yours. Will only work if they paid contactless Id imagine.

In glitch news, the microwave bus burgers are still 10p each of you buy in 6s in big Tesco. My store doesnt say metro or anything on the receipt but the website says superstore. I think someone said the metros dont work but mine doesnt stock them for me to try.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 19,301 Posts
    • 208,389 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I did call V M retentions to give them another chance to call back. After going through my account notes he said as I rejected the deal in the first callback, that was my chance and there would be no more calls or deals. That was their best offer. If it was, it was nowhere near deals mentioned on HUKD or here .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    That is a nuisance. We must have struck very lucky on our callback.

Still, onwards and upwards, you should have your BB back tomorrow, when that ends you will be able to go back to VM as a new customer if you want to.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 14th Mar 18, 8:14 PM
    • 16,668 Posts
    • 281,454 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Snap any have your new 10p's arrived yet? Mine arrived today
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 51,715 Posts
    • 620,136 Thanks
    bubbs
    You do remember well , yes ghastly muscle ripping cough & cold. Couldn't smoke so tried a vape & have never looked back
    Touching wood as I type - I haven't had a bad cold since
    I have nightmares now of being forced to smoke

Credit too to Bubbs for Liquids
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I have never had a cold or cough since i packed up either hope i am not tempting fate
    I cant fault the liquid company, so quick to deliver and it was DM that told me about it
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Perfect timing Elaine my yog mountain is almost depleted

12 would cost 6.72 in A's.

Compare 11+1 at 7.48 v 2.70. APG 4.78, so 1.94 for 12, just over 16p each.

Edit - corners included too
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    If and thats a big IF my store has 11 of one in the morning i will try
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 15,960 Posts
    • 193,069 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    SSM have you tried telling them you used apple/Android pay as both methods use an imaginary credit card number that bears no relation to yours. Will only work if they paid contactless Id imagine.

In glitch news, the microwave bus burgers are still 10p each of you buy in 6s in big Tesco. My store doesnt say metro or anything on the receipt but the website says superstore. I think someone said the metros dont work but mine doesnt stock them for me to try.
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    I think it is Em who is having difficulties.... at my A they would not dare... I would have Asda House on the phone whilst I was at the till... and quote a few random bits of legislation at them....

They tend to leave me alone - but I don't push things too far (good job I go up and down the country!)

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 51,715 Posts
    • 620,136 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside

1.2kg red apples 1 @ Home Bargains

Dorco Mens Shaver Pace 6 - 99p Prime / 4.98 non-Prime (with code) - Sold by Razors by Dorco / Fulfilled by Amazon
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,667Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin