Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,424Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1261
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 18, 1:25 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Pizza Express

2 pizzas for 10

Today only

https://www.pizzaexpress.com/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 5,416 Posts
    • 64,852 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I've got another 75 points for buying 2 Boots toiletries so not as good this time - 1.50 for 2 toothpastes probably
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I just got my mailing, got all excited as 200pts for buying Impulse BUT turns out it is for the Impulse Body Mist (6.99) and not the 1 sprays.

Just looked at Impulse BodyMist - one is called 'whipped cream and microchip' whatever that means...

There's also one called 'White Lace and Muddy Grass' which sounds unappealingly like a huge laundry problem to me..

and another is 'Burnt Marshmallow and Leather Jacket' - I assume they mean clothing and not the garden bug...

Marketing gone stark raving mad.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 18, 1:28 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Marksies are having a Hair event

Bored of bad
    hair days?

Join the experts in a beauty hall near you for a free
    hair consultation and get to know the best products for
    your hair type. Plus, take home a free product when
    you make a purchase a Sparks exclusive

Click through from website
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 14th Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,485 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Probably no help to you, but do people know that if you have a TalkTalk home-phone/internet contract you can get a free mobile sim that gives you 500 mg 200 Min's and unlimited text per month ?
    Should cost 5.00 per month if buying, can upgrade if wanted for a fee.

It's what I use and gives me enough data for when in Mum's and connect to Asda, Tesco, etc when out, so enough for my meagre needs.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I have this too, suits me fine
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Mar 18, 1:39 PM
    • 5,416 Posts
    • 64,852 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    All Toys R Us stores in the UK will close in the next six weeks following the chain's collapse into administration.

Can't do the BBC link for some reason, sorry. But it's under the Business tab and it says remaining stock will be discounted further and they are 'encouraging customers to take advantage of the special offers while stock levels remain high.'

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th Mar 18, 1:56 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You put me to shame TM - I think you need to come round and give me a kick up the backside! My motivation has disappeared since my little sister passed away but I really need to get back into things now. I have a half renovated house that desperately needs some love & attention x
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    My motivation is that I want all the jobs doing before the summer and then I can enjoy it

We've been doing this for a few years now. We write a " snowball" list, putting the easier jobs at the top so you can tick them off quickly.....it helps keep you motivated And just work through them.

This year I decided to take a few days off so we can get to grips with some of the ones we hate doing

We intend to live here for a long time and if we can keep it maintained now it will save money in the long run and avoid paying out for jobs that we can do ourselves.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 20,201 Posts
    • 264,161 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Is Villa Maria now picking up 7 for M or did I scare everyone off trying for 6 today? TIA.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,444 Thanks
    curl girl
    Prosseco v W okay, only bought 3 bottles.
    Added 2 milk chocolate Bahlsen.
    3.58 v 1.55.
    Also 2 Jacobs Flatbread for COS but made a mistake as A is not included!

Catch up later......
    Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 3:56 PM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 53,913 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    My motivation is that I want all the jobs doing before the summer and then I can enjoy it

We've been doing this for a few years now. We write a " snowball" list, putting the easier jobs at the top so you can tick them off quickly.....it helps keep you motivated And just work through them.

This year I decided to take a few days off so we can get to grips with some of the ones we hate doing

We intend to live here for a long time and if we can keep it maintained now it will save money in the long run and avoid paying out for jobs that we can do ourselves.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Got to ask You have Stables ?
    Retiree in training
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 14th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Can confirm the Torres Vina Sol worked as expected earlier
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 14th Mar 18, 4:26 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 12,541 Thanks
    sarahskint
    nightmare this morning at work - all the pos was wrong - we were trying to move stuff and sels etc, the bogof from the sure deos was changed at the last possible minute!! so its a bog standard 98p each

glad to see some of you got some no17 bits - my order is now showing as despatched x
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    • 5,416 Posts
    • 64,852 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Got to ask You have Stables ?
    Originally posted by mrsmac10

Nope, just the doors.

So sorry, couldn't resist that.

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 18, 5:04 PM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,022 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Wow well done snap you must have saved a fortune. I can't remember how it happened now had you been ill ? Are you still using an e cig?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    You do remember well , yes ghastly muscle ripping cough & cold. Couldn't smoke so tried a vape & have never looked back
    Touching wood as I type - I haven't had a bad cold since
    I have nightmares now of being forced to smoke

Credit too to Bubbs for Liquids
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,022 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• EnglishWelshie
    • By EnglishWelshie 14th Mar 18, 5:13 PM
    • 724 Posts
    • 12,313 Thanks
    EnglishWelshie
    Can confirm Asti still working ok today. Also another new one to add to the list Blossom Hill Grenache Rose 5.98 A vs 5.35 S I work it out to be 2.82 a bottle.

16 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    Asda sainsbury's
    1x Schwartz Chicken Chasseur Recipe Mix (40g) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Garlic & Herb Wedges Recipe Mix (38g) 0.50 0.50 1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x Patersons Clotted Cream Shortbread Fingers (300g) 1.00 N/A 6x Blossom Hill Grenache Rose (75cl) 35.88 32.10
    1x Schwartz Somerset Pork Casserole Recipe Mix (36g) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Sausage Casserole Recipe Mix (35g) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Tuna Napolitana Recipe Mix (30g) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Mix (32g) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Beef Casserole Recipe Mix (43g) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Chicken Casserole Recipe Mix (36g) 0.50 0.50 Comparison total (compared products only) 41.07 37.30
    +3.77 cheaper
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 14th Mar 18, 5:13 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,485 Thanks
    pandoraskids

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thank you TM. I'm very much a 'list' person, I like your 'snowball' list idea so will start one this evening. I don't usually have a problem with motivation, it's just been over this winter - I don't think the weather has helped, I'm sure I must suffer from SAD syndrome

Wine shop done on the way home, whole house now vacuumed and washing done so more time tomorrow to finish the painting in the bathroom that I started ages ago
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 14th Mar 18, 5:23 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,485 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    6x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 38.88 30.00

Shop done at 15.10 - Used my last 5.28 muller APG. SA commented 'Oh that's a nice one - it's like getting a free bottle of wine'
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 5:28 PM
    • 3,880 Posts
    • 53,913 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Thank you TM. I'm very much a 'list' person, I like your 'snowball' list idea so will start one this evening. I don't usually have a problem with motivation, it's just been over this winter - I don't think the weather has helped, I'm sure I must suffer from SAD syndrome

Wine shop done on the way home, whole house now vacuumed and washing done so more time tomorrow to finish the painting in the bathroom that I started ages ago
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    DH definitely suffers from low mood in the winter. He has quite a powerful light box not very cheap but well worth the money I know if he skips a couple of mornings. He just has it on when catching up with the morning news, about 30minutes
    Retiree in training
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 14th Mar 18, 5:49 PM
    • 6,641 Posts
    • 90,111 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good afternoon everyone.

Probably no help to you, but do people know that if you have a TalkTalk home-phone/internet contract you can get a free mobile sim that gives you 500 mg 200 Min's and unlimited text per month ?
    Should cost 5.00 per month if buying, can upgrade if wanted for a fee.

It's what I use and gives me enough data for when in Mum's and connect to Asda, Tesco, etc when out, so enough for my meagre needs.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    No I didnt, cant see it on my account anywhere, where would I find it please.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    • 20,201 Posts
    • 264,161 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I note the relevant Villa Maria is still showing 7 on m.com; however I am getting 9.50 SELs in my Ms now. Having had five stores displaying this price, I have concluded that the product is now 9.50 in M even though I have not scanned it. I am not seeing 7 anywhere and definitely not 6. I scanned the other two wines due to issues I had in my stores over those. The Wolf Blass Chardonnay Semillion is still on the M mbuy, even though one of my stores has lost the mbuy from the display. I am getting full price SELs (12) on the Freixenet as well in stores that have stock, even though it is still 9 in M today.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin