Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,440Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1259
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 14th Mar 18, 8:35 AM
    • 2,538 Posts
    • 29,755 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x
    Originally posted by coreysnan
    gosh what a journey you have had, your family must be made of strong stuff but so pleased things are now on the up x
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th Mar 18, 8:44 AM
    • 12,792 Posts
    • 144,931 Thanks
    Anon
    Cheers Anon.
    I was looking on HUKD as knew I had seen a data deal.
    Got voted cold, but seems like thats because it was a couple of quid cheaper 2 years ago.

Three data sim - Pre loaded with 24gb data - 24 month expiry 43.43 @ amazon
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-data-sim-pre-loaded-with-24gb-data-24-month-expiry-4343-amazon-2908289

Dunno if its any good or not, apparently you can get it on ebay too.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thank you, I really need to get a sim deal sorted - I closed my EE after getting the 7gb/4.50 per month deal last year and nothing comparable has come up .

I may have to go for Three 4gb - after cashback that works out around 5 for reasonable data. I spent years getting my contracts free with Cashback so am loathe to pay, but times have changed and there aren't the same deals any more, particularly when you want mobile data.

Note to all - don't have home bb and mobile contracts ending at the same time, it is far too stressful!

And to just add to the misery, I found receipts I hadn't uploaded to CoS from purchases last week and it is now too late.

My Elite badge is in the post back to the membership department .

Anon
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th Mar 18, 8:49 AM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,191 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Morning

Mini cans still showing as ending today but can't see any good comparisons.

Also ending Alpro (1.59/1.39 each) or 4 for 4.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-752854_2604769.html

The Almond Original (1.59) should compare to Tesco v 1.00 so would work out at 31p each.
    The Alpro Oat (1.39) would work out 51p each.

All 4 Alpro should compare to Waities 3 for 3.00 offer (51p/31p each) but would need to buy 12 to match their offer (max 10 of one kind)

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Vs M 4 for 1 on Coke, Diet Coke and Fanta?
    And Coke Zero Sugar as well according to my list, though not seen whether that works on the APG.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 14-03-2018 at 8:51 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 54,054 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    GDPR....yes it's going to be massive for most companies mrsmac covering both customer records and emplloyee data. All I know is that we all have to be up to speed for mid May and our company are rolling out training soon. Sorry I'm not much more help
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks
    If you come across any websites that are in basic language when training can you keep me in mind please
    Retired
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 54,054 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Binge watched up to last week. Definitely search out the 3 previous series if you enjoy it.
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Not seen any of the earlier programmes at a good price Will just keep searching

Did you enjoy it ?
    Retired
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Mar 18, 8:53 AM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 54,054 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Google "Computer Weekly GDPR" - that returns various articles that are reliable but not too techy.
    Originally posted by Enormo
    Thanks very much
    Retired
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Mar 18, 8:58 AM
    • 19,315 Posts
    • 208,488 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you, I really need to get a sim deal sorted - I closed my EE after getting the 7gb/4.50 per month deal last year and nothing comparable has come up .

I may have to go for Three 4gb - after cashback that works out around 5 for reasonable data. I spent years getting my contracts free with Cashback so am loathe to pay, but times have changed and there aren't the same deals any more, particularly when you want mobile data.

Note to all - don't have home bb and mobile contracts ending at the same time, it is far too stressful!

And to just add to the misery, I found receipts I hadn't uploaded to CoS from purchases last week and it is now too late.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Well, at least this must all mean there is something good coming for you soon, you will probably find the best deal ever on something

I got rather annoyed when TalkMobile ended my 1 a month deal on my mobile, I am only a light user but prefer to have contract because of the amount of times I ran out on PAYG when I really needed to use it. I now begrudgingly pay 5 a month for something like 5000 texts and 100 minutes, it does have 100 meg data but I do not even turn that on as it is soo little, but then we are lucky in that the towns I go to have extensive wifi available. And yes, I know it means it could leave my phone data open to possible reading/attack, but I have nothing of importance on my phone so not a problem.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    • 15,969 Posts
    • 193,144 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I still have the plusnet 1 a month package for OH.... works perfect for him.

They replaced a loss sim - and transported his PAC onto this sim. I have to say the service is excellent
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 14th Mar 18, 9:05 AM
    • 14,691 Posts
    • 236,111 Thanks
    zippydooda

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    You could have sat in Witherspoons and done your cos receipts.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 14th Mar 18, 9:37 AM
    • 37,232 Posts
    • 156,857 Thanks
    silvercar
    Any elite tips on the cheapest place for car hire in Jamaica? I know about buying the excess waivers online. Thanks
    Originally posted by michaels
    Don't know about Jamaica, but good deals can often be found by going through expedia.

Have you checked the tripadvisor forums?
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 14th Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    • 306 Posts
    • 4,780 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    So very sad to hear this. Apart from his colossal contribution to science, he was.a very brave man

I'm off work for 3 days. I'm doing house maintenance

The thing is, there's stuff that needs doing, and if you leave it, it just gets worse. ......which is not very

So we've put some time aside to get some jobs done which will free up time in the summer.

Today we are tackling the drive which has fared badly over the Winter

It's a long gravel drive which has been churned up with the snow and cars trying to move around. It has become bare in places with weeds poking through.
    I reckon it will take most of the morning. Then there's garage and stable doors to clean and fascias and soffits to wash down. I'm hoping we can get away without painting them this year.

I like keeping the place looking nice

As a reward I might go wine shopping this afternoon

Frixxy worked both M and W from yesterday teatime
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    You put me to shame TM - I think you need to come round and give me a kick up the backside! My motivation has disappeared since my little sister passed away but I really need to get back into things now. I have a half renovated house that desperately needs some love & attention x
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,235 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning
    Coreysnan & her Son
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 14th Mar 18, 10:00 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Good morning

I can confirm that freix and Tattinger both worked as expected on shops done this morning at 7:50

Found a box of 6 Freix hidden on the top shelf, it would have been rude not to take them all.
    Last edited by chandlerscroft; 14-03-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 18, 10:00 AM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,235 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Two years yesterday I gave up smoking
    Our Family Motto ~

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 29,748 Thanks
    curl girl
    Decided to get 3 prosseco but it says unavailable at A on msm. Would this effect anything today please?

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 14th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,235 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 5,434 Posts
    • 65,048 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    morning all - cheap make up on boots!!

342 and half price no.17 - your welcome

2 DD's will be over the moon xx

watch out if picking nail varnishes as not all work and you need 3 of the same item for it to be the cheapest x
    Originally posted by sarahskint

Check Advantage card offers also - there is a new batch of those and mine includes 5 off 10 spend on No.7 skincare. Also works with 342. So 3 men's sensitive shave gel 7.50 each, 342, less 5 = 10 for 3, and of course 40 pts.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 14-03-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Mar 18, 10:18 AM
    • 3,641 Posts
    • 37,599 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts

Two years yesterday I gave up smoking
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Wow well done snap you must have saved a fortune. I can't remember how it happened now had you been ill ? Are you still using an e cig?
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 14th Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 7,704 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Check your British Gas Rewards - offer of 2 free tickets to the Ideal Home Show Olympia any one weekday
    Last edited by Jeremiah T Stone; 14-03-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 14th Mar 18, 10:43 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Decided to get 3 prosseco but it says unavailable at A on msm. Would this effect anything today please?

Morning peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Hi I brought 6 this morning at 7:50 and it worked then.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

7,406Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin