Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1256
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 18, 8:45 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    Arrgg!!! My asti one I wanted to get to under 20 comes in at20.20...soooo close!!!

Also, question about APG's for those that use self service to put them in themselves please. Can you use more than one at a time, and wil it ask for a superviser if it goes over a certain amount, say a 17 and a 11 one? TIA
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 29,209 Posts
    • 424,322 Thanks
    tweets
    Hello everyone, sorry been swollen for a very long time due to real life and a very serious car accident involving my son, been a very long road but 15 months on a slight normality is returning to my home. Sarah the marks on your sons back look like stretch marks, my son had these during growth spurts. They will fade in time to a paler colour. Bio oil is great. Take care everyone x
    Originally posted by coreysnan
    Welcome home coreysnan

Hope your son is ok
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Mar 18, 8:53 PM
    • 12,793 Posts
    • 144,956 Thanks
    Anon
    Arrgg!!! My asti one I wanted to get to under 20 comes in at20.20...soooo close!!!

Also, question about APG's for those that use self service to put them in themselves please. Can you use more than one at a time, and wil it ask for a superviser if it goes over a certain amount, say a 17 and a 11 one? TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Yes you can use multiple apgs in one transaction, no supervisor (normally) required.

HTH

Anon
    • EnglishWelshie
    • By EnglishWelshie 13th Mar 18, 8:59 PM
    • 724 Posts
    • 12,313 Thanks
    EnglishWelshie
    I'm easily pleased, sparkling Vimto is my favourite fizz

Originally posted by izzeyb

Would that be cheeky vimto lol
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Mar 18, 9:00 PM
    • 6,654 Posts
    • 90,260 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Thanks everyone, I am keeping an eye on the marks, and using cream, nothing seems to be working yet.

Have they checked his liver?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Yes had lots of tests, liver, kidneys, heart.

coreysnan, sorry to hear about your son.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    Yes you can use multiple apgs in one transaction, no supervisor (normally) required.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Cheers Anon.
    I was looking on HUKD as knew I had seen a data deal.
    Got voted cold, but seems like thats because it was a couple of quid cheaper 2 years ago.

Three data sim - Pre loaded with 24gb data - 24 month expiry 43.43 @ amazon
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-data-sim-pre-loaded-with-24gb-data-24-month-expiry-4343-amazon-2908289

Dunno if its any good or not, apparently you can get it on ebay too.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!
    Originally posted by tweets

Hello everyone, sorry been awol for a very long time due to real life and a very serious car accident involving my son, been a very long road but 15 months on a slight normality is returning to my home. Sarah the marks on your sons back look like stretch marks, my son had these during growth spurts. They will fade in time to a paler colour. Bio oil is great. Take care everyone x
    I am sorry to read this and glad things are improving x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 13th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy

Originally posted by davemorton
    I have put through more than one without any problem but also have sometimes had to have a supervisor using two. I haven't got to the bottom of why.

SnS
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have put through more than one without any problem but also have sometimes had to have a supervisor using two. I haven't got to the bottom of why.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    I thought it might have been when it gets over 20.
    • coreysnan
    • By coreysnan 13th Mar 18, 9:10 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 1,767 Thanks
    coreysnan
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 20,701 Posts
    • 95,806 Thanks
    michaels
    Any elite tips on the cheapest place for car hire in Jamaica? I know about buying the excess waivers online. Thanks
    Cool heads and compromise
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 18, 9:17 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    Theres a couple of great adverts on. I saw the mcvities one with the animation of a man in a crane earlier, great advert, and now just seen the money supermarket one with all the old action men on, fantastic!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My T shop worked perfectly

I paid 5 for the groupon and 2.74 for today's shop and 3.95 back on Green Jinn

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 29,209 Posts
    • 424,322 Thanks
    tweets
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x
    Glad you never give up and so glad your son's come so far.
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ben and Jerrys Free Cone Day

https://www.benjerry.co.uk/scoop-shops/free-cone-day
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 13th Mar 18, 9:24 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 37,343 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Any elite tips on the cheapest place for car hire in Jamaica? I know about buying the excess waivers online. Thanks
    Originally posted by michaels
    I know where you get some cheap ganja
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 13th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    I may need to get my bottom moving to get the tattinger - given his request (..........I am a lambrini sort of girl myself)

Did you get bottles or boxes? TIA

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Only ones in presentation boxes as I know they work
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 18, 9:26 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh no...I feel tearful for you...what a terrible time you've had of it. I bet you wonder how you find the strength to keep going.

It makes you wonder about those MIA and what's going on in real life

Coreysnan.....you brave brave lady...sending you all my love
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Magsta
    • By Magsta 13th Mar 18, 9:26 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 5,632 Thanks
    Magsta
    Thanks....truly madly. ....can't even reply to a post properly.......i'll keep trying. Typically it's not my shop. I finally convinced a friend to go for it and after one great success last night big fail today. It'seems never happened to me in all these years. I can't believen she broke it.......
    Last edited by Magsta; 13-03-2018 at 9:30 PM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Mar 18, 9:27 PM
    • 14,932 Posts
    • 256,315 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,915Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin