Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,427Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1255
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 15,943 Posts
    • 192,972 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hello TS

I'm finding anything goes with gin these days....blueberries, homemade lemonade, red grapefruit....you can't go wrong
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    oh god I love gin.

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 7,112 Posts
    • 58,864 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I decided to buy a new can opener today and got this one.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-home-can-opener-130869960-p

Just used it and its rubbish! Kept going wonky on the can and didnt cut parts, I had to go round it a few times and the can was in a mess when I finally got it open.

Going to return it, can anyone recommend a decent can opener? I dont mind paying a bit more.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 18, 8:16 PM
    • 34,504 Posts
    • 480,767 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just seen this on another thread I am reading

If you are using an apple device which is normally when the punctuation is affected go to settings then keyboards and then turn off Smart Keyboard. That will sort it out
    Originally posted by tweets
    Thanks tweets I've given it a go

Welcome home izzeyb you crazy monkey lady

And for Elaine for keeping the lust going

Well done that woman

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 18, 8:18 PM
    • 34,504 Posts
    • 480,767 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Can anyone help please.............am trying my receipt for an APG and it is saying receipt not found and asking have I waited 3 hours, This was from 16.00 does anyone know if this happens regularly and if it does is there anything I can do. Have checked and doubled checked digits and they are being correctly entered.
    Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Magsta
    This has happened to me a few times Magsta.

Sometimes it works the next day but I have had the occasional one that just never works
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 29,186 Posts
    • 424,101 Thanks
    tweets
    So pleased you are feeling brighter Di.....remember Spring is just around the corner

We've nearly made it streetlights
    Forecast snow for weekend
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 19,285 Posts
    • 208,261 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-home-can-opener-130869960-p

Just used it and its rubbish! Kept going wonky on the can and didnt cut parts, I had to go round it a few times and the can was in a mess when I finally got it open.

Going to return it, can anyone recommend a decent can opener? I dont mind paying a bit more.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I always use a simple butterfly can opener. They wear out over time but they are the simplest, most dependable, can opener you can get and they never fail me until they wear out, that is about 10 years or so.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 34,504 Posts
    • 480,767 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Picked up one of my orders today from Boots

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 8:23 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    His marks are still all over his back,we have seen various doctors, not one of them has seen anything like it.

Still wont refer him to a dermatologist though, even though I have really insisted, said its not needed at this stage, as hes not unwell in himself.

The one doctor is adamant that they are stretch marks but none of the others think they are, so we are going round in circles.

Doesnt help my son though, as his whole back is covered in them, he is very conscious of them and doesnt like getting undressed for PE as everyone asks what they are.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    So sorry Sarah that your DS has not been referred on. Can see from the pic that he would be very self conscious. Like bubbs said they do look quite red to be stretch marks. Have you tried bio oil etc just to see if it would help at all. I'm sure you have though...

Fingers crossed for Mr Dol on Thursday too xx
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 20,691 Posts
    • 95,757 Thanks
    michaels
    I'm confused. I was trying to find something in my old Hotmail, it would not display past about 18 months. I then put in a more specific search and it came up with the older emails. Why on earth can they not just display them

I suspect that, if I asked them, their solution would be to pay for premium (60 a year or 6 a month).

I am leaning more towards gmail anyway.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I get gmail to pop3 all my mail.com messages as the search is much better, it even took all the old ones from before I linked the accounts.

Sarahdol.
    Do you use fabric conditioner?
    It's the worst thing for any skin complaint. I haven't used it for around 15 years. Purchased the car coupon ones but gave most away, even though it was for sensitive skin.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    We use fairy non-bio, run the machine on extra rinse (and have a water softener), no added chemical smells needed.

This is what the rash looks like, he was treated for Bartonella, but the antibiotics didnt clear it up. I have another sensitive skin son so im careful with fabric conditioners.

Thursday xx
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Have they checked his liver?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 18, 8:25 PM
    • 29,186 Posts
    • 424,101 Thanks
    tweets
    alto replied and says she will be back in a few days and Dave you had better go into hiding
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Hello TS

I'm finding anything goes with gin these days....blueberries, homemade lemonade, red grapefruit....you can't go wrong

Ok I won't worry about the difference between tonic waters then.

But I won't be making lemonade as I'm about month behind with the housework. I'm not really sure how everything is going to be straight for Saturday yet, it's just like Christmas all over again.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 8:28 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Picked up one of my orders today from Boots

Thought that was little bottles of Bombay Sapphire for a moment.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 8:28 PM
    • 51,669 Posts
    • 619,852 Thanks
    bubbs

Not cheap, but i have one of these
    http://www.dunelm.com/product/chefn-ezsqueeze-can-opener-1000009356
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 19,285 Posts
    • 208,261 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I get gmail to pop3 all my mail.com messages as the search is much better, it even took all the old ones from before I linked the accounts.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Thank you, that might just be the best solution. Ironically I have my gmails come through to my Hotmail at the moment

alto replied and says she will be back in a few days and Dave you had better go into hiding
    Originally posted by tweets
    Glad she is coming back, she is missed on here, give her my love too if you text her again xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 27,720 Posts
    • 382,588 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I sent 3dogs a message on here about 2/3 weeks ago not heard anything
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I'll check when I last heard from her that was by text, she had a lot going on...

• Dunroaming
    • By Dunroaming 13th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    Dunroaming

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-Army-P51-Style-Survival-Tin-Can-Opener-for-Cadets-Camping-Bushcraft-Scouts/370980817878?epid=1009151477&hash=item56602e0bd6:g :VcEAAOxydlFSy88F
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 51,669 Posts
    • 619,852 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'll check when I last heard from her that was by text, she had a lot going on...
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Thanks, long as she is ok thats all that matters x
    How are you now?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 29,186 Posts
    • 424,101 Thanks
    tweets
    Thank you, that might just be the best solution. Ironically I have my gmails come through to my Hotmail at the moment

Glad she is coming back, she is missed on here, give her my love too if you text her again xx
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

She is hoping to be back in a few days when antibiotics are gone .

I told her the elite where missing her.

If you see she playing candy or getting lives from her its her OH who is playing
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 13th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 17,065 Thanks
    josie_ann57

Home Bargains have a green & white one 1.99 (rrp 8 odd) and it has other functions as well. Seems to work well.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 26,228 Posts
    • 318,484 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thought that was little bottles of Bombay Sapphire for a moment.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    She drinks it as if it is
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,638Posts Today

8,195Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin