Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,487Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1250
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Mar 18, 8:48 AM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 37,991 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Congratulations go cat x

BY thank you, hospital today, feeling much better again now and I've got clothes on instead of pyjamas, and jewellery. Talking of jewellery I'd be surprised if Megan is wearing the 30 ring we do remodels of costume jewellery all day long hers is probably Oct gold and diamond.....just my opinion.
    Have a great day everyone....just need to figure how to carry the goodies into the hospital it will be like the wine last week all over again.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Mar 18, 8:51 AM
    • 37,308 Posts
    • 157,166 Thanks
    silvercar
    I was daydreaming today, thinking about the carp 'moral dilemmas' post on the different boards sometimes, and came up with my own. I wondered....
    You know how you sometimes see people wantering around supermarkets doing their shopping while eating a pasty, or drinking a can of pop, then putting the empty bag/can on the belt and paying for the item.
    Well... what if a seventeen year old was doing some shopping and drinking some of those cans of gin and mixer or something like it, what could they do? They could not accuse them of stealing, as they had every intention of paying, but the supermarket would not be allowed to accept payment, as they would then be selling alcohol to a minor... Dunno, thoughts please.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    They can!!!8217;t have every intention of paying as they are breaking the law buying (which they would know as they are not 18), and the shop would be breaking the law selling. As a result they could be accused of theft? The shop should also be preventing them from drinking as they only have an off-sales license?

Of course, I could be completely wrong .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    This is the most important bit and the point that Tesco would be well aware of. They risk losing their licence if they allow people to drink on site.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    • 37,308 Posts
    • 157,166 Thanks
    silvercar
    Did I mention when they turned up to do the vm install I couldn't believe it when they proposed surface running a cable from the front of the house to the main tv - it had not even occurred to me that it would be anything other than an ip tv box. The vm box has sat unused next to the phone/modem router for the last 11 months and we have used our old tv boxes.
    Originally posted by michaels
    It could well be that it is capable of running over wifi, but hasn't been set up to do so. On our last "free upgrade" the booking system insisted on an engineer install. Once he arrived he could see that running wires from the box to the diagonally opposite point of the house was going to be tricky whether inside or outside and set it up over wifi.

Certain channels are disappearing off the old boxes soon, so you may be forced to update.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    • 19,487 Posts
    • 209,710 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Our VM box is the most recent one. It takes live programmes over the cable and catch up etc over wifi.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Mar 18, 9:08 AM
    • 15,037 Posts
    • 257,331 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Mar 18, 9:13 AM
    • 15,037 Posts
    • 257,331 Thanks
    Snap-ant

shop sitting today

I've run out of my prescription (keeping me alive pills ) & no text from Pharmacy to say they are ready for collection
    I've tried ringing but no answer yesterday...

My worry is Dr changed a pill at the beginning of the month & changed my repeat...

So I'll detour via Pharmacy on way to the shop & hopefully will get this sorted
    Our Family Motto ~

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Mar 18, 9:13 AM
    • 19,487 Posts
    • 209,710 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I'm confused. I was trying to find something in my old Hotmail, it would not display past about 18 months. I then put in a more specific search and it came up with the older emails. Why on earth can they not just display them

I suspect that, if I asked them, their solution would be to pay for premium (60 a year or 6 a month).

I am leaning more towards gmail anyway.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Mar 18, 9:14 AM
    • 19,487 Posts
    • 209,710 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

shop sitting today

I've run out of my prescription (keeping me alive pills ) & no text from Pharmacy to say they are ready for collection
    I've tried ringing but no answer yesterday...

My worry is Dr changed a pill at the beginning of the month & changed my repeat...

So I'll detour via Pharmacy on way to the shop & hopefully will get this sorted
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    My OH tends to be a month ahead on his pills. Hope you get sorted, we need you here
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Mar 18, 9:22 AM
    • 15,037 Posts
    • 257,331 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

Our Family Motto ~

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Mar 18, 10:28 AM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 27,966 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Free coughee
    Reminder O3 Nerd Coughee from noon

The Free Thornoe chocs have been extended until 18th, again if not already used.

Last day for WonTwo 1 meals if not already redeemed

New WonTwo offers tomorrow too.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Mar 18, 11:08 AM
    • 15,037 Posts
    • 257,331 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Phew - I got my prescription bar the new item ..

Beautiful day here, shop full of customers & already sold a local artist large painting
    Our Family Motto ~

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 11:22 AM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Free tickets available again right now on O2 priority to see Ready Player One on 25th March with free bag popcorn and bottle of water.

They are staggering the availability, more details thanks to HUKD

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-ready-player-one-film-tickets-with-free-popcorn-and-bottle-of-water-o2-priority-2907984#thread-comments
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Villa shop done about 10am so I'll post later how it compares...

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • cjj
    • By cjj 13th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 6,383 Posts
    • 85,025 Thanks
    cjj
    Congratulations gocat xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 13th Mar 18, 11:33 AM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Not very impressed with this small print in my cinema ticket confirmation.

"Having a ticket does not guarantee entry. Not everyone who is successful in getting tickets will go to the screening, so we have to over-issue more tickets by a percentage to compensate for these no-shows. This makes sure we have a full audience."

There wasn't local cinema so I've booked to go up to Guildford for us as it's closest to the girls, will be royally p* off if I go that way to not be let in.

• chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 13th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Morning

Shop done this morning at 9:35 Asti compared correctly 21.45 APG on 6 bottles
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 16,103 Posts
    • 193,915 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Morning

Shop done this morning at 9:35 Asti compared correctly 21.45 APG on 6 bottles
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    I think I would like to see your wine stash!!!

• Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 13th Mar 18, 11:58 AM
    • 462 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

Bubbs Beef and Bubbles shop from this morning

items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons

1.8x ASDA Butcher's Selection Large Beef Joint (Typically 2kg) (per kg) 8.93 N/A

1x Skittles Fruits (152g) 1.00 N/A

1x ASDA Pickled Beetroot (300g) 0.79 N/A

1x Pink Lady Apples (4pk) 1.50 N/A

1x Delamere Semi Skimmed Goats Milk Chilled (1l) 1.55 1.54

1x ASDA 6 Large Free Range Eggs (6pk) 1.00 1.00

1x Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles Sweets Bag (150g) 1.00 1.00

6x ASDA No Added Sugar Apple & Mango Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 2.40 N/A

1x ASDA Baker's Selection Strawberry & White Chocolate Muffins (4pk) 1.00 1.00

3x Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C. (75cl) 35.94 27.00

Comparison total (compared products only) 40.49 31.54
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    • 26,404 Posts
    • 319,874 Thanks
    davemorton
    attempt[/B] to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol.
    by Enterprise 1701C;74014583

There is one thing everyone else has missed. It is illegal for someone under 18 to buy alcohol, [B
    Now thats new to me, I thought it was only illigal to sell, not to try and buy.
    This is the most important bit and the point that Tesco would be well aware of. They risk losing their licence if they allow people to drink on site.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Im sure I could get a few cans down my neck before they realised
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 13th Mar 18, 12:10 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    I think I would like to see your wine stash!!!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Just go to Asda look at the end shelf with all those bottles on the 3 4 2 and times it by 2 and then you won't be far off

It's DW's 50th coming up so I'm stock piling all the booze for her party, I brought the asti today for those who I don't like and won't appreciate champagne

Disappointed that the freix stuff is hard to find at the moment
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter