Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1248
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Mar 18, 10:02 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    She might marry a prince
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • fernie1
    • By fernie1 12th Mar 18, 10:14 PM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 13,875 Thanks
    fernie1
    Asti worked for me today

Not sure if this is any use to anyone, on 10 ways there's a code for 10 off 60 spend on asda.

Does work alongside any apg vouchers you may have, just done it for some carling for dh, he's had money off what he normally pays, I've used my apg that were coming out of date and the apg accumulated will go back into my account.

Hth fernie
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 12th Mar 18, 10:21 PM
    • 916 Posts
    • 12,552 Thanks
    sarahskint
    Are you getting on ok?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes thank you - I do feel old though all the other staff are much younger

first shift, we nabbed a shoplifter - when I say nabbed it means we ask for stuff back and off they go!! Wasn't like that 18 years ago - we nabbed em bundled them out the back and the police would come and get em ! I asked why we couldn't plaster their faces on posters in the window - but that's against their rights Oh well we will see what tomorrow has to offer
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Mar 18, 10:32 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Asti worked for me today

Not sure if this is any use to anyone, on 10 ways there's a code for 10 off 60 spend on asda.

Does work alongside any apg vouchers you may have, just done it for some carling for dh, he's had money off what he normally pays, I've used my apg that were coming out of date and the apg accumulated will go back into my account.

Hth fernie
    Originally posted by fernie1
    Brilliant fernie.....just added it to my account....sure I will be able to use it at Easter
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    I was daydreaming today, thinking about the carp 'moral dilemmas' post on the different boards sometimes, and came up with my own. I wondered....
    You know how you sometimes see people wantering around supermarkets doing their shopping while eating a pasty, or drinking a can of pop, then putting the empty bag/can on the belt and paying for the item.
    Well... what if a seventeen year old was doing some shopping and drinking some of those cans of gin and mixer or something like it, what could they do? They could not accuse them of stealing, as they had every intention of paying, but the supermarket would not be allowed to accept payment, as they would then be selling alcohol to a minor... Dunno, thoughts please.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Mar 18, 10:47 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hi I brought another 3 today and they were boxed 27.10 APG

3x Heidsieck & Co Monopole Blue Top Brut Champagne (75cl) 81.00 60.00
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    Thanks - I need to get champagne x

I was daydreaming today, thinking about the carp 'moral dilemmas' post on the different boards sometimes, and came up with my own. I wondered....
    You know how you sometimes see people wantering around supermarkets doing their shopping while eating a pasty, or drinking a can of pop, then putting the empty bag/can on the belt and paying for the item.
    Well... what if a seventeen year old was doing some shopping and drinking some of those cans of gin and mixer or something like it, what could they do? They could not accuse them of stealing, as they had every intention of paying, but the supermarket would not be allowed to accept payment, as they would then be selling alcohol to a minor... Dunno, thoughts please.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Does it matter?

Most young people drink, and some young people shop lift - for the vast majority it is a maturation issue - the Supermarkets can afford to lose a few pounds, and if the young person was really necking the cans they can wake up with a hangover.

by the way - I ironed today... yes ironed - first time in god knows how many years!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton

Does it matter?

Most young people drink, and some young people shop lift - for the vast majority it is a maturation issue - the Supermarkets can afford to lose a few pounds, and if the young person was really necking the cans they can wake up with a hangover.

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Now that just isnt answering the questiony thing. What would happen?
    Oh, and
    • michaels
    • By michaels 12th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 20,701 Posts
    • 95,806 Thanks
    michaels
    Oh heck ... my V M internet and tv have gone off .

So much for negotiating a new deal .

This approach (cancel, order elsewhere) has worked for others but not for me .

Any ideas?

Thank you

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    My canx call I got offered 35

Next day even before I had ordered BT I got call out offering 20. What sort of offer were you hoping for?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    • 12,793 Posts
    • 144,956 Thanks
    Anon
    They can!!!8217;t have every intention of paying as they are breaking the law buying (which they would know as they are not 18), and the shop would be breaking the law selling. As a result they could be accused of theft? The shop should also be preventing them from drinking as they only have an off-sales license?

Of course, I could be completely wrong .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 12-03-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Now that just isnt answering the questiony thing. What would happen?
    Oh, and
    The answer is:-

The most likely ............... a hangover.

The least likely......the 17 year old will be charged with stealing alcohol.

Tesco's cannot charge the 17 year old for the alcohol (unless they have fake ID).

Tesco's did not give the 17 year old alcohol - so are not responsible.

Right I am off to bed..... night
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Mar 18, 10:56 PM
    • 12,793 Posts
    • 144,956 Thanks
    Anon
    My canx call I got offered 35

Next day even before I had ordered BT I got call out offering 20. What sort of offer were you hoping for?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Somewhere around 30-35 would be realistic based on what others have achieved for 100mb BB and XL TV plus extra box, possibly less.

But as I am managing on my mobile tonight I may cave in ... or may not as it may be too late with tv and B.B. already off .

And it would happen today, when my mobile number ported out so I am now managing on borrowed data from the kids .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 12-03-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Mar 18, 10:57 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    They cant have every intention of paying as they are breaking the law buying (which they would know as they are not 18), and the shop would be breaking the law selling. As a result they could be accused of theft? The shop should also be preventing them from drinking as they only have an off-sales license?

Of course, I could get completely wrong .

Anon
    Did you know that legislation around consumption of alcohol for under 18's in Not allowed in a pub, but it IS allowed on a pub premises (i.e. beer garden).... all because the people who formulate legislation are rather useless and did not read what they wrote!

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Mar 18, 11:02 PM
    • 6,654 Posts
    • 90,260 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Did you know that legislation around consumption of alcohol for under 18's in Not allowed in a pub, but it IS allowed on a pub premises (i.e. beer garden).... all because the people who formulate legislation are rather useless and did not read what they wrote!

I have also been told that a child under the age of 18 can drink alcohol in a pub, with a meal. My friend who is a manager in a pub told me.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Mar 18, 11:03 PM
    • 12,793 Posts
    • 144,956 Thanks
    Anon

I did not ... but seem to recall they can have alcohol when served with a meal.

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Mar 18, 11:06 PM
    • 12,793 Posts
    • 144,956 Thanks
    Anon
    It is not illegal:

For someone over 18 to buy a child over 16 beer, wine or cider if they are eating a table meal together in licensed premises.
    For a child aged five to 16 to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-facts/alcohol-and-the-law/the-law-on-alcohol-and-under-18s

HTH

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Mar 18, 11:06 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have also been told that a child under the age of 18 can drink alcohol in a pub, with a meal. My friend who is a manager in a pub told me.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Yip.
    where the child is 16 or 17 years old and accompanied by an adult, it is legal for them to drink, but not buy, beer, wine and cider with a table meal."
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    It is not illegal:

For someone over 18 to buy a child over 16 beer, wine or cider if they are eating a table meal together in licensed premises.
    For a child aged five to 16 to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-facts/alcohol-and-the-law/the-law-on-alcohol-and-under-18s

HTH

Anon
    Hmmm, so I could open a private club, charge a tenner entry, and have free booze, under 15's only, as surely they cant drink that much
    Edit: I best make sure I use a lino floor
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Mar 18, 11:12 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 5,032 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Today's shop, just after 5pm
    16 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Instant Curry Noodles (85g) 0.22 0.28
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) 0.23 0.24
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.12
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.12
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.10
    1x ASDA Instant Chicken Noodles (85g) 0.22 0.28
    0.04x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.02 0.02
    1x ASDA Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix (85g) 0.19 0.15
    6x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 38.88 30.00
    1x ASDA Shades Kitchen Towels (2roll) 2.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Shades Decorated Kitchen Towels (2roll) 2.00 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 44.08 33.31
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Mar 18, 11:20 PM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,793 Thanks
    davemorton
    From HUKD, cracking price if you get decent priced flights
    Caribbean cruise (only), 2 weeks, MSC Fantasia, 27th March. Cruise only. Outside cabin. 275pp - Cruise Circle
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Mar 18, 11:24 PM
    • 20,203 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Presumably, we should get the 6 comparison on Villa Maria at Morrison's until 5pm tomorrow?
    Originally posted by josie
    Not necessarily. It could end as soon as 8.30 tomorrow morning - that's the approximate earliest I've known, although, by the way things seem to be more recently, it usually doesn't update these days until Wednesday.

I don't know in what way the wines will change on the APG - I now have an M OOS of the Torres, although it does have the Wolf Blass Chardonnay. My other stores were generally the other way around - they could get no trace of Torres or OOS in the collection stores or the currently-comparing Wolf Blass could be absent from several. They should have them somewhere though, even if not as widespread as last week (which itself was starting to lose some in some places) - it was just with the other Wolf Blass going N/A, that may return next time or may just stay off now, that it's not, ahem, guaranteed to compare next time. IMO obviously as A would disagree. I am getting no price other than 7 on the Villa Maria in the Ms I have visited today.

I have had luck with the Bird's Eye 42 Crispy Chicken Dippers as I have found a store with a full price SEL. Sadly the SEL is covered with an OOS label and there is no stock to be found anywhere in the store.

However there is consolation of sorts as last year's Christmas stock of M Southern Fried Poppin' Chicken (190g), that many people will no longer have, is now 25p. Sadly the APG appears linked up to the version that appeared later, that many people will have, that will be full price. You can probably halve the prices of some of the Christmas versions of some frozen food products that currently appear on my list. They are in red packaging and are bagged, unlike the new versions that are in boxes and are the incorrect products as they are the full price versions that have superseded the clearance products. Separate from those, it looks like the BE 42 packs are being replaced by a downsized 38 pack version - I do not know what price that now is, as I do not have a SEL yet in the one place where they have appeared for me - I was not interested in scanning the product as it is bound to be nowhere near as good as the 42 pack product on clearance that hasn't been in stock in any of the stores I've visited at the times at which i have visited them so far.

I am my own enemy, as it's my fault for posting on this thread that the 42 Chicken Dippers pack is 1, thus allowing people to know and to buy it out of the store in which I find the full price SEL. However, the information has been posted elsewhere on this thread before, so it would still have been known even if I hadn't mentioned it.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-03-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,915Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin