Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,425Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1246
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    • 20,201 Posts
    • 264,161 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I'd get your wine shops done as you have - in M it looks like the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc has gone back to 7. I am expecting that to go up in price on the APG possibly sometime tomorrow, probably sometime on Wednesday. I'm also finding stock of some of the important wines in M to be low - it's possible some may lose their M prices altogether: one of the Wolf Blass wines is already N/A. I've still got the Torres Vina Sol - I'm having no problems with that - but the other Wolf Blass wine, the one that is currently comparing, Chardonnay Semillion, could well go N/A on Wednesday (or as soon as tomorrow) if there is no trace in the collection stores or could only last another 7 days if a SEL is still there but the product OOS in their store or only another 2 days if the SELs have been removed due to the OOS and no trace in the stores is found this Wednesday. It seems that, due to the offer prices against which we are comparing, they look good enough even though they obviously are not for people who don't use this thread to buy at the wrong store (namely M). I have three stores OOS of Chardonnay Semillion and only one store in stock. The Wolf Blass that is currently N/A may not come back either - it looks like it is absent from several Ms now.

I'm also OOS of Freixenet in several Ms with dodgy SELs remaining and possibly incorrect full price in one place - it probably is still 9 in M, where it is available, but I haven't confirmed the actual price as I don't know what is going to happen on the APG in any event. It should continue to work, but it might not and it could lose its M price again on the next update - it should be vs W at 9 and I'd initially target W once the M update is expected to have started until we see whether vs M is continuing or not. Martini Asti looks to continue good - as long as nothing upsets the 6 SELs in the collection stores.

Elsewhere the Portion Cucumber looks last chance, right now, at 35p vs 22p M. It seems it could be making up for the 22p offer price of the last two weeks by now being 28p in M - I don't think I've seen a price on M Portion Cucumber as high as this before.

I think Gordon's Gin (1L) has gone back up to 18 in M - I was getting a range of prices last week but the actual SELs were 15. Now all my SELs are 18 and online has 18. It should currently be comparing against M at 15 but I expect the next APG update to change it to 18.

I was expecting the Extra Tasty Chicken to have ended in M by today - however it seems it has not and, indeed, there may be two further chickens available for comparison against 3.75 soon. However, the additional two will not be for now and will need to await the update to find out whether or not they will work.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-03-2018 at 6:01 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 12th Mar 18, 5:53 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 37,343 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    I'd get your wine shops done as you have - in M it looks like the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc has gone back to 7. I am expecting that to go up in price on the APG possibly sometime tomorrow, probably sometime on Wednesday. I'm also finding stock of some of the important wines in M to be low - it's possible some may lose their M prices altogether: one of the Wolf Blass wines is already N/A. I've still got the Torres Vina Sol - I'm having no problems with that - but the other Wolf Blass wine, the one that is currently comparing, Chardonnay Semillion, could well go N/A on Wednesday (or as soon as tomorrow) if there is no trace in the collection stores or could only last another 7 days if a SEL is still there but the product OOS in their store or only another 2 days if the SELs have been removed due to the OOS and no trace in the stores is found this Wednesday. It seems that, due to the offer prices against which we are comparing, they look good enough even though they obviously are not for people who don't use this thread to buy at the wrong store (namely M). I have three stores OOS of Chardonnay Semillion and only one store in stock. The Wolf Blass that is currently N/A may not come back either - it looks like it is absent from several Ms now.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    There isn't currently a WB at N/A

WB Red is comparing at 2F10
    WB White is comparing at 7pb, not 2F10 and has been like that for a few days.

VM is still comparing at 6 as of 1545
    Tatt is still comparing at 27 as of 1430
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    • 26,228 Posts
    • 318,476 Thanks
    davemorton
    All well thanks Perky, hope you are doing good too!!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 12th Mar 18, 6:17 PM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 48,410 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Good Afternoon
    Does anyone know the best programme, or method of producing passport size photo's to download.
    I am filling in application for new BB and need up-to-date picture.
    Have tried a few programmes I googled and sent one in, but it's a set of 4 and don't know if it will be accepted.
    Just taken me 3 hours to work out how to download pictures from phone and try to produce one the right size.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Evening luvlies

Sorry don't know best way re photos as had ours done in a T booth several years ago. Like the sound of uploading via an iPad though.

Was behind someone in the queue at the PO this afternoon, asking for a passport application form and she was told the adult price is going up by 12.50 on 26th of this month if applying by post
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 144,779 Thanks
    Anon
    I don't understand why they have disconnected you 3 days early. Phone up and find out as it makes no sense.

If you are paying for service to the 15th then that is what you should get.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    With hindsight I think the CS messed up their dates as I cancelled a month ago and didnt note the date . I changed the install date to 15th after they said that date, so I didnt mis-hear.

Anon
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 18, 6:28 PM
    • 51,666 Posts
    • 619,846 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all , off to catch up
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • underperky
    • By underperky 12th Mar 18, 6:29 PM
    • 5,038 Posts
    • 64,127 Thanks
    underperky
    [QUOTE=davemorton;74012276]All well thanks Perky, hope you are doing good too!![/QUO

Am good thank you just wished I drank so I could participate in the

Martini etc etc
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 12th Mar 18, 6:32 PM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 48,410 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    With hindsight I think the CS messed up their dates as I cancelled a month ago and didnt note the date . I changed the install date to 15th after they said that date, so I didnt mis-hear.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    VM are a nightmare with dates, when we were renting the bungalow while the work was being done on our house they ceased our services 4 weeks early and DH was working from home so a blinkin nightmare. Hope you get sorted soon
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 12th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Evening all hope the elite are well. Xx

A friend just sent me a photo of the memorial bench at corrie for Manchester attack what a lovely tribute it's beautiful and brought a lump to my throat. Xx
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 18, 6:34 PM
    • 51,666 Posts
    • 619,846 Thanks
    bubbs
    no posts for over an hour, where is everyone??
    Originally posted by lesliejack
    Work
    Flying against the wind...I would not waste my money on signed for. Most of the time it is not signed, s just post it normal but get proof of postage so if it gets lost, you can claim. If the item is worth a bit more, use a courier that needs signing for and has insurance to match your product.
    NEVER accept paypal on items that are being collected.
    And lastly, be prepared to be frustrated, annoyed and angry with your buyers.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    This why i dont ell on ebay anymore, too many scammers
    Any of you ebayers use shpock to sell you items.
    Was please the other day. Had put in a search alert for a fish price swing and one came up as 10 and not too far from me. Most had been about 20 ++ . So asked questions and then said would like to buy it. After I had confirmed I would buy, the seller messaged me saying she had forgot the slow speed on the swing doesnt work so well, and said I can pull out of the sale or have it for free. So of course I had it for free. got it home and nothing wrong with it

No news on DS baby yet after being induced Sat and Sun. Original plan was for a c section this Thursday and then it was changed to today Monday but admitted her Sat for observation, where they said they will try induction first. So C section planned for this afternoon sometime unless more urgent cases come in
    Originally posted by gocat
    Hope everything goes well for your sis x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    • 51,666 Posts
    • 619,846 Thanks
    bubbs
    I am sort of struggling to save the pennies just now DH needed a passport and we got the pictures and link for the passport application for 9.99 in Timpson's. Application submitted within minutes, picture uploaded as if by magic and old passport sent back today

We leave in 4 weeks so I am hoping it comes through in the suggested time frame
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Ours were back within about 8 days, we did our pics like that an becuase they were rejected the first time went back and had them done again free , dont worry if they get rejected just go back and get done again, still quick turnaround x
    Evening luvlies

Sorry don't know best way re photos as had ours done in a T booth several years ago. Like the sound of uploading via an iPad though.

Was behind someone in the queue at the PO this afternoon, asking for a passport application form and she was told the adult price is going up by 12.50 on 26th of this month if applying by post
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    This is why we got our done now, i did report here they were going up but you was MIA xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 51,666 Posts
    • 619,846 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all hope the elite are well. Xx

A friend just sent me a photo of the memorial bench at corrie for Manchester attack what a lovely tribute it's beautiful and brought a lump to my throat. Xx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    What a lovely thing to do xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 12th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Presumably, we should get the 6 comparison on Villa Maria at Morrison's until 5pm tomorrow?
    Originally posted by josie
    I'm planning on another VM shop tomorrow. So hopefully.

SnS
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,084 Thanks
    tweets
    Which ones can you recommend please tweets?

Morning peeps.
    Sad about Ken, didn't realise he was 90!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Chinese Style Banquet

Beef in red onion gravy and veg crush

Chicken and chorizo-style paella

Aromatic chicken noodles

Seems like some have disappeared

Sweet potato curry

Sausage casserole

I haven't tried the ones with pasta in don't like pasta
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Mar 18, 6:47 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,084 Thanks
    tweets

eBay.

In your account button, go to Site Preferences, and then buyer requirements.
    Here you need to block anyone from bidding from outside UK, also bad feedback, no PayPal acct etc.

Always send signed for & upload the tracking number when you despatch item. State on item that you only send signed for for both your peace of minds.
    Charge reasonable postage i.e 2nd class small parcel up to 2 kgs (at the moment) is 3.90 signed for.

The item, use all 12 photos allowance, every angle, any flaws? be as honest & descriptive as possible. Include measurements.
    All helps
    On listing make sure you tick the box for no overseas too

Thank them for paying & advise when you are posting & how is the weather? communication goes a long way
    With item I usually pop in a 'enjoy' note on a luggage label.

Little things like good packaging

If you want to sell you have to pamper to your buyer. It earns you 5 stars & good feedback.

Good luck
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 12th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    What a lovely thing to do xx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    It is, will be in their new community garden has bumblebees and flowers on.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Mar 18, 7:08 PM
    • 51,666 Posts
    • 619,846 Thanks
    bubbs
    It is, will be in their new community garden has bumblebees and flowers on.
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    How Lovely
    Di, i am sorry meant to ask if you are feeling better than this morning?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Mar 18, 7:14 PM
    • 19,282 Posts
    • 208,232 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Imagine this. One of our clients suddenly found that their internet was off. We did the normal checks, found out the line was dead, and got onto their provider. Turned out they had been slammed (except if someone had switched them to another provider it did not happen). Apparently someone gave his provider a cease date 3 months ahead, they did not think to question it, they did not check closer to the cease date, they just ceased. They never found out who did it or why, but we managed to get it sorted quickly.

The client is an accountant and it was coming up to the worst time possible for accountants
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 12th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 17,065 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Not sure if already mentioned but look out for a t's email if you are a member of the baby club. They are offering a free hot drink in their cafe. Also a free babycinno whenever you visit The Caf!.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 12th Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 42,916 Thanks
    izzy65
    DM bb is blue badge, re the ebay posting signed for I decide on a sale by sale basis, if an item sold for 99p then not worth getting signed for having said that I sent an item signed for on the 26th Feb and it's still not there and I cannot claim as it's too early
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,874Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin