Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,424Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1244
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 17,087 Posts
    • 208,763 Thanks
    mhoc
    Is that because the house is cold, or because you are cold? If it is you, and there is no known reason, you should pop to the doctors.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Both - we are both suffering from old age and decrepitude - the house and myself
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 12th Mar 18, 1:29 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,485 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Still raining this morning.

Suggestions please. I am having a jacket crisis this morning - both my Craghopper and my everyday winter weight wet weather jacket feel too tight - I wear far too many layers underneath and I feel the cold too much now.

So I had a look on Mountain warehouse online for a padded down jacket or a ski jacket of some sort with a hood in a bright jazzy colour. There are a few own brand cheap versions which I am dubious about, think they would be too lightweight.
    And nothing in a size 16 or 18

Any suggestions - The one on the Aldi website only goes up to a size 14, possibly too late in the year now.
    I also looked at Amazon Mountain warehouse but they don't have much but mainly summer weight rain macs

I am not keen to go up to Chester or Stoke, too much choice and I get brain freeze ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I have had a Regatta Hydrafort 3 in 1 for years now, fuschia pink. Love it, it's so warm & cosy x
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 12th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Today 10.30

8 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Muller Rice Raspberry & Apple Low Fat Desserts (6x180g) 2.00 2.00
    1x ASDA Extra Special 2 Unsmoked Dry Cured Lean Loin Medallion Steaks (230g) 2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Thick Corned Beef Slices (150g) 1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Egg Custards (2pk) 0.75 N/A
    0.56x ASDA Loose White Baking Potatoes (order by number of potatoes or select kg) (per kg) 0.56 0.56
    1x ASDA Thick Breaded Dry Cured Ham Slices (150g) 1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Ground Coriander (34g) 0.79 0.69
    3x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 28.44 18.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 12 Pork Sausages (681g) 2.30 N/A
    1x ASDA Florida Style Orange Juice (1l) 1.23 1.22
    1x ASDA Smart Price Longlife Soya Drink Unsweetened (1l) 0.59 0.59
    1x ASDA Extra Special 8 Dry Cured Unsmoked Back Bacon Rashers (240g) 2.00 N/A

SnS
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Mar 18, 1:38 PM
    • 7,111 Posts
    • 58,855 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Any of you ebayers use shpock to sell you items.
    Was please the other day. Had put in a search alert for a fish price swing and one came up as 10 and not too far from me. Most had been about 20 ++ . So asked questions and then said would like to buy it. After I had confirmed I would buy, the seller messaged me saying she had forgot the slow speed on the swing doesnt work so well, and said I can pull out of the sale or have it for free. So of course I had it for free. got it home and nothing wrong with it

No news on DS baby yet after being induced Sat and Sun. Original plan was for a c section this Thursday and then it was changed to today Monday but admitted her Sat for observation, where they said they will try induction first. So C section planned for this afternoon sometime unless more urgent cases come in
    Originally posted by gocat
    Well done! I've not used shpock, I did download it a while ago and had a look, but didn't list or buy anything. I'd rather not arrange something then them not turn up (like freecycle sometimes).
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Mar 18, 2:28 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    Good Afternoon
    Does anyone know the best programme, or method of producing passport size photo's to download.
    I am filling in application for new BB and need up-to-date picture.
    Have tried a few programmes I googled and sent one in, but it's a set of 4 and don't know if it will be accepted.
    Just taken me 3 hours to work out how to download pictures from phone and try to produce one the right size.
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 12th Mar 18, 2:59 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 42,916 Thanks
    izzy65
    Good Afternoon
    Does anyone know the best programme, or method of producing passport size photo's to download.
    I am filling in application for new BB and need up-to-date picture.
    Have tried a few programmes I googled and sent one in, but it's a set of 4 and don't know if it will be accepted.
    Just taken me 3 hours to work out how to download pictures from phone and try to produce one the right size.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I just used the same instructions for a passport, plain background etc, and took a photo with the iPad attached it to the application and was accepted, must admit it's an awful picture as was feeling bad at the time
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 12th Mar 18, 3:02 PM
    • 6,641 Posts
    • 90,111 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Still raining this morning.

Suggestions please. I am having a jacket crisis this morning - both my Craghopper and my everyday winter weight wet weather jacket feel too tight - I wear far too many layers underneath and I feel the cold too much now.

So I had a look on Mountain warehouse online for a padded down jacket or a ski jacket of some sort with a hood in a bright jazzy colour. There are a few own brand cheap versions which I am dubious about, think they would be too lightweight.
    And nothing in a size 16 or 18

Any suggestions - The one on the Aldi website only goes up to a size 14, possibly too late in the year now.
    I also looked at Amazon Mountain warehouse but they don't have much but mainly summer weight rain macs

I am not keen to go up to Chester or Stoke, too much choice and I get brain freeze ...
    I bought this about a month ago, it is so warm, I only wear a tshirt underneath it (and trousers of course), dont need to layer up at all.

https://www.winfieldsoutdoors.co.uk/trespass-women-s-san-fran-waterproof-jacket/
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    I just used the same instructions for a passport, plain background etc, and took a photo with the iPad attached it to the application and was accepted, must admit it's an awful picture as was feeling bad at the time
    Originally posted by izzy65
    My picture is terrible, can't believe how bad I look. Don't you have to sent a passport size picture?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,444 Thanks
    curl girl
    My picture is terrible, can't believe how bad I look. Don't you have to sent a passport size picture?
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I've always done mine in the photo booth in M.
    Was a fiver last time though!

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,444 Thanks
    curl girl
    Where has the walnut gone from walnut whips!
    Treated myself and though something had gone wrong.....
    More cutbacks.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    No spend day here, but have printed out and added up my debenham's vouchers, courtesy of quidco... 114.69 to spend
    Thought all I needed (as opposed to wanted ) was a slow cooker/ crockpot. Then reality struck, decorating/plastering (if that blinking plasterer ever gets back to us)
    our sitting room....... going to need new curtains and lamps and lots of other things!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    On another note I'm with the survey site OP, I only need 5p to cash out 40 has there been any surveys today, no there freeking well hasn't!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Mar 18, 4:08 PM
    • 5,416 Posts
    • 64,852 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Both - we are both suffering from old age and decrepitude - the house and myself
    Mhoc, I really feel the cold but I couldn't wear as many layers as you.

Every year I buy Damart long-sleeve thermal tops and I wear one as a base layer. I do find the thermal effects wear off, presumably the effect of constant washing, so this year's purchases are very very warming and good for those big freeze days we just had, last year's are still very effective for temps above freezing but under 10 degrees, and the 2016 ones are much warmer than an average long-sleeve t-shirt and will take me nicely into Spring.

Earlier years had to be binned due to eventually laddering but it took many years for this to happen, they just get thinner and thinner till they give up.

I can hand-wash one at night and it will dry by morning if left on a hanger in the shower, so I am never without one and it's like having a second skin.

Sorry to bang on but it might be worth trying.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Mar 18, 4:10 PM
    • 19,280 Posts
    • 208,217 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    On another note I'm with the survey site OP, I only need 5p to cash out 40 has there been any surveys today, no there freeking well hasn't!
    Originally posted by pippo
    I find that with You Gov or NewVista, I get close to cash out and have to wait days if not weeks for another survey.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 12th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    I've always done mine in the photo booth in M.
    Was a fiver last time though!

Afternoon peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Being a member of the elite was trying to save the 5/6. But not sure it's worth the effort.
    Also if you fill the form online it looks like you have to send a virtual picture with the application
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Mar 18, 4:12 PM
    • 10,061 Posts
    • 115,976 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=curl girl;74011596]Where has the walnut gone from walnut whips!
    More cutbacks.[/QUOTE

Do you mean the one on top ? They used to have one at the bottom too years ago and delicious coffee flavoured cream ones . Also the chocolate was formed in swirls from bottom to top not like now where they are moulded to look like that.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    • 7,111 Posts
    • 58,855 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    For anyone who goes to costa, a little tip - ask for a medium flat white (they only do small), but Ive done this a few times now and they offer to top it up to medium with milk.
    Flat white is 2.60 at mine minus 25p for reusable cup, so 2.35 for medium coffee.

Disclaimer: may be assistant dependent
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 12-03-2018 at 4:18 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    • 12,769 Posts
    • 144,686 Thanks
    Anon
    Oh heck ... my V M internet and tv have gone off .

So much for negotiating a new deal .

This approach (cancel, order elsewhere) has worked for others but not for me .

Any ideas?

Thank you

Anon
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 12th Mar 18, 4:19 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    I bought 2 lots of the Monopole champagne - one set in a box and one set just in the bottle - only one worked - not sure which one as they have the same barcode.

Has anyone else got this one and can confirm which one works? Thanks
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Hi I brought another 3 today and they were boxed 27.10 APG

3x Heidsieck & Co Monopole Blue Top Brut Champagne (75cl) 81.00 60.00
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 5,416 Posts
    • 64,852 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    [QUOTE=emerald21;74011683]
    Where has the walnut gone from walnut whips!
    More cutbacks.[/QUOTE

Do you mean the one on top ? They used to have one at the bottom too years ago and delicious coffee flavoured cream ones . Also the chocolate was formed in swirls from bottom to top not like now where they are moulded to look like that.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Yep, same as Roses hazel whirls, no more tasty edges on those either.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,331Posts Today

5,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin