Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,424Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1240
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 13,595 Thanks
    juju17
    I'm making mine into lamp shades

Or what about a vase? They even sell on fleabay.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    https://www.freixenet.co.uk/Blog/September-2017/How-To-Reuse-Your-Freixenet-Prosecco-Bottle#.WqWammhl_rc
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 18, 9:15 PM
    • 17,087 Posts
    • 208,763 Thanks
    mhoc
    In case anyone has missed it Mountain Warehouse has a flash sale today with free delivery - vouchercodes have a 15% off code - some nice stuff - get ready for the next cold snap

Might be some good gifts in the clearance section.

Annoyingly they dont take American Express for online orde s anyway
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 13,595 Thanks
    juju17
    In case anyone has missed it Mountain Warehouse has a flash sale today with free delivery - vouchercodes have a 15% off code - some nice stuff - get ready for the next cold snap

Might be some good gifts in the clearance section.

Annoyingly they dont take American Express for online orde s anyway
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Dont they take paypal? Thought they did?
    If they do, set your amex card up on your pay pal account as your preferred method of payment...helps you reach your spend requirement
    January....
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Mar 18, 9:26 PM
    • 3,179 Posts
    • 48,933 Thanks
    elainemn
    A few waities fillers from a womble. Cheese is a good price.

1x ASDA Mature Cheddar Cheese (500g) 2.90 2.11
    1x Ferrero Rocher 24 Pieces (300g) 6.00 5.60
    1x ASDA Medium Cheddar Cheese (500g) 2.90 2.11
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 11th Mar 18, 9:27 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    I was impressed with the Frixxy SSM. Its the first Prosecco in a long while which hasnt made me sneeze. And it tasted good too. Very smoothThe empties look very sad in the recycling bin today. They are far too pretty

On the subject of booze.....the Adnams beer has gone down far too well. I am being asked to put another order in

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Did the vegans drink wine?
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Gin

I drank the wine
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 11th Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Glad your weekend went well tm and the vegans went away happy.

Sorry your feeling down Di you have been through so much and have been amazingly brave. It's bound to hit you at times and sometimes people say daft things to that can really get to you. Take care and no bending over again xxxx
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    That candle looks so pretty......I wouldnt have a clue how to cut through the bottle though
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 11th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Gin

I drank the wine
    So you drank rather a lot

Id just remembered something my uncle told me a couple of years ago about using egg whites to filter wine. A quick google also reveals dried fish bladders are also used.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 11th Mar 18, 9:35 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    What beautiful birds rhos

Ive cooked one of the chickens today, another is in the fridge and 2 in the freezer.

Has it definitely finished today?
    Thank you, they are meant to be show birds, don't think I will show them though, going to cost me a fortune as need there own housing as can't put them with the other Cockerels, and need a slabbed floor as the feathers drag on the ground and cake up with mud.. Xx
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    So you drank rather a lot
    I just drank a bit but the other carnivores drank a lot

Are you still n Dry January?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 34,493 Posts
    • 480,640 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you, they are meant to be show birds, don't think I will show them though, going to cost me a fortune as need there own housing as can't put them with the other Cockerels, and need a slabbed floor as the feathers drag on the ground and cake up with mud.. Xx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Hell....its like having vegans all over again
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 11th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    I just drank a bit but the other carnivores drank a lot

Are you still n Dry January?
    Yes.... well dry March. And no further near misses!

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 15,938 Posts
    • 192,946 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No wouldnt drink it would give away
    My freezers not full yet from after shutdown
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I'm emptying mine - well trying to - we may manage to get one empty before we go away. x

I was impressed with the Frixxy SSM. Its the first Prosecco in a long while which hasnt made me sneeze. And it tasted good too. Very smoothThe empties look very sad in the recycling bin today. They are far too pretty

On the subject of booze.....the Adnams beer has gone down far too well. I am being asked to put another order in

We got some of this at Christmas - it was rather yummy.... I have acquired 12 more (so far)...

I am going to stick candles in the bottles .........or if you look at Wish site there are little lights to put in bottles...x

Not great today to be honest. A couple of things people have said have really upset me which isn't like me at all and earlier on I crouched down in front of the fridge I'd done it before I even realised and ended up in a right pickle. Dh had to help me up but I've really hurt myself so I've come to bed.
    Dh is gojng back to work tomorrow, for his sanity haha, and I'm not looking forward to being on my own. People have offered to come but its not the same I just cannot do a thing, my neighbour came to see me this morning and she said I don't know what ever possessed you to have it done, I know she wasn't being nasty when she said it but its really upset me. Had I known I was going going to be like this and it not have worked either I wouldn't have had it done obviously.....rant over I'll shut up now, thanks for asking x
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Di, I have missed everything recently including your operation... I know it is crap when things don't work out, get back to bed and ignore everyone other than the Elite x
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 18, 9:44 PM
    • 26,224 Posts
    • 318,440 Thanks
    davemorton
    ........or if you look at Wish site there are little lights to put in bottles...x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/263215260437?chn=ps&var=562209161339&adgroupid=561 53641092&rlsatarget=pla-401360591021&abcId=1130076&adtype=pla&merchantid=1 13580307&googleloc=9046761&device=c&campaignid=102 9035693&crdt=0
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    Offer in wilko from darkside, they are 2.50

Regina Impressions Toilet Tissues White 9 Rolls
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • michaels
    • By michaels 11th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 20,689 Posts
    • 95,736 Thanks
    michaels
    I was in A today and noticed the ketchup crisps are no longer in the 3 for 3. Wasn't there another trigger, thanks?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 15,938 Posts
    • 192,946 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    You can buy vegan wine... it is vile!

(I was a vegan from 14 to mid 30's... then a veggie until about 4 years ago..)
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside

Pepsi Max 24 X 330ML 5.00 From 12/3 @ Tesco
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • juju17
    • By juju17 11th Mar 18, 9:55 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 13,595 Thanks
    juju17
    Thanks for the cushelle info TM...Wow...just had a look at the cushelle T&C's......anyone who is going to participate would do well to have a read, as there as specific dates to purchase from different supermarkets....most bizarre
    January....
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,331Posts Today

5,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin