Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,443Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½ 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1233
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Mar 18, 10:37 PM
    • 14,698 Posts
    • 236,184 Thanks
    zippydooda
    not for me but may be of use to ebayers. in my nectar account

1,000 points when you send a parcel with DHL in March. Book online, by phone or visit a DHL Service Point
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 10th Mar 18, 10:51 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 21,771 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Thanks, been away, so first wine shop and got MIL mothers day present Gin and got an APG of £20.22

1x ASDA Diet Indian Tonic Water (1lt) £0.40 £0.40
    1x ASDA Extra Special Farmhouse Wholemeal & Rye Bread (800g) £0.89 £0.90
    1x Schweppes Slimline Lemonade (2lt) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Indian Tonic Water with a Lemon Flavour Twist (1lt) £0.40 £0.40
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.11
    1x ASDA 6 Medium Free Range Eggs (6pk) £0.89 £0.93
    1x ASDA Paracetamol 500mg Tablets 16 Pack (500mg) £0.19 £0.30
    3x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) £28.44 £18.00
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.11
    1x Bombay Sapphire Distilled London Dry Gin (1l) £27.50 £22.00
    0.45x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.27 £0.27
    1x ASDA Indian Tonic Water (1lt) £0.40 £0.44
    Comparison total (compared products only) £60.59 £44.86
    +£15.73 cheaper
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 2,543 Posts
    • 29,800 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Things which confirm you’re British.

• Worrying you’ve accidentally packed 3 kilos of cocaine and a dead goat as you stroll through “Nothing to declare”
    • Being unable to stand and leave without first saying “right”
    • Not hearing someone for the third time, so just laughing and hoping for the best
    • Saying “anywhere here’s fine” when the taxi’s directly outside your front door
    • Being sure to start touching your bag 15 minutes before your station, so the person in the aisle seat is fully prepared for your exit
    • Repeatedly pressing the door button on the train before it’s illuminated, to assure your fellow commuters you have the situation in hand
    Having someone sit next to you on the train, meaning you’ll have to eat your crisps at home
    • The huge sense of relief after your perfectly valid train ticket is accepted by the inspector
    The horror of someone you only half know saying: “Oh I’m getting that train too”
    • “Sorry, is anyone sitting here?” – Translation: Unless this is a person who looks remarkably like a bag, I suggest you move it
    • Loudly tapping your fingers at the cashpoint, to assure the queue that you’ve asked for money and the wait is out of your hands
    • Looking away so violently as someone nearby enters their PIN that you accidentally dislocate your neck
    • Waiting for permission to leave after paying for something with the exact change
    Saying hello to a friend in the supermarket, then creeping around like a burglar to avoid seeing them again
    Watching with quiet sorrow as you receive a different haircut to the one you requested
    • Being unable to pay for something with the exact change without saying “I think that’s right”
    Overtaking someone on foot and having to keep up the uncomfortably fast pace until safely over the horizon
    • Being unable to turn and walk in the opposite direction without first taking out your phone and frowning at it
    Deeming it necessary to do a little jog over zebra crossings, while throwing in an apologetic mini wave
    Punishing people who don’t say thank you by saying “you’re welcome” as quietly as possible
    • The overwhelming sorrow of finding a cup of tea you forgot about
    • Turning down a cup of tea for no reason and instantly knowing you’ve made a terrible, terrible mistake
    • Suddenly remembering your tea and necking it like a massive, lukewarm shot
    Realising you’ve got about fifty grand’s worth of plastic bags under your kitchen sink
    • “You’ll have to excuse the mess” – Translation: I’ve spent seven hours tidying in preparation for your visit
    • Indicating that you want the last roast potato by trying to force everyone else to take it
    • “I’m off to bed” – Translation: “I’m off to stare at my phone in another part of the house”
    Mishearing somebody’s name on the second time of asking, meaning you must now avoid them forever
    • Leaving it too late to correct someone, meaning you must live with your new name forever

• Running out of ways to say thanks when a succession of doors are held for you, having already deployed ‘cheers’, ‘ta’ and ‘nice one’
    • Changing from ‘kind regards’ to just ‘regards’, to indicate that you’re rapidly reaching the end of your tether
    • Staring at your phone in silent horror until the unknown number stops ringing
    • Hearing a recording of your own voice and deciding it’s perhaps best never to speak again
    • The relief when someone doesn’t answer their phone within three rings and you can hang up
    • Filming an entire fireworks display on your phone, knowing full well you’ll never, ever watch it again”

mine are in bold
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Oh gosh Snap I needed that. a good chuckle thanks
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 12,795 Posts
    • 144,965 Thanks
    Anon
    Did anyone have any luck with glitchy beef from S posted on FB Xxtreme C0uponing and Bargains UK? £7.50 per kilo but mislabelled weight at 0.1kg, so 75p?

Spotted too late to go tonight .

HTH

Anon
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 10th Mar 18, 11:41 PM
    • 5,496 Posts
    • 72,258 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Wine rack now nicely filled with sauv blanc. All three flavours of Jacobs crackers in cupboard. Rather larger than anticipated apg in hand
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 29,829 Thanks
    curl girl
    Nsd for me
    But did bump into ds in S and chose my own Mothers day flowers. Kept it simple with a pot of hyacynth and 2 bunches of daffs! Happy with that.
    Amazed at the £20 boxes of flowers, with hardly any stems and half dead roses! So expensive and not very good quality.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 12:04 AM
    • 34,573 Posts
    • 481,360 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    The tidiest bit of the kitchen

Now I need to to think about Sunday lunch

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Mar 18, 12:08 AM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 29,829 Thanks
    curl girl
    Night peeps.
    Wishing all the mums a happy mothers day!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Mar 18, 12:09 AM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 29,829 Thanks
    curl girl
    The tidiest bit of the kitchen

Now I need to to think about Sunday lunch

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Well that looks like it was success!
    Hope you enjoyed your evening.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 18, 12:11 AM
    • 17,148 Posts
    • 209,251 Thanks
    mhoc
    2. It has changed its name to google pay, your vouchers are under the 'cards' tab.

Originally posted by michaels
    well that explains it - I thought it was something Id done
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 18, 12:13 AM
    • 17,148 Posts
    • 209,251 Thanks
    mhoc
    What is it, some sort of shampoo or something? And yes, jelly is nee good, come on missus, sort it out. (Just tell them it is vegan jelly )
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Obviously you are not in touch with your feminine side if you don't know what micellar water is
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 12:13 AM
    • 34,573 Posts
    • 481,360 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well that looks like it was success!
    Hope you enjoyed your evening.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    We’ve had a good night curly but I’m exhausted.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Mar 18, 12:14 AM
    • 17,148 Posts
    • 209,251 Thanks
    mhoc
    Think that was mhoc
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Not guilty - it was whoever first reported on the brand new Tesco magazine
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-03-2018 at 9:10 AM.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Mar 18, 12:27 AM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 29,829 Thanks
    curl girl
    We’ve had a good night curly but I’m exhausted.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    You'd better get some sleep then before it all starts again tomorrow/today!

Night all.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 12:31 AM
    • 34,573 Posts
    • 481,360 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My mind is too active to sleep

Plus we’ve drank all the prosecco

I’ll have to buy it all again
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Mar 18, 12:36 AM
    • 34,573 Posts
    • 481,360 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Free porridge sample

https://healthylivingfoods.co/product-category/free-samples/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 18, 12:42 AM
    • 26,265 Posts
    • 318,802 Thanks
    davemorton
    Obviously you are not in touch with your feminine side if you don't know what micellar water is
    Originally posted by mhoc
    OBVS... so what is it?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Mar 18, 12:43 AM
    • 6,654 Posts
    • 90,261 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Mothers Day xxxx
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Mar 18, 12:50 AM
    • 26,265 Posts
    • 318,802 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Mothers Day xxxx
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Well thank you. x

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Mar 18, 6:54 AM
    • 5,442 Posts
    • 65,119 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,354Posts Today

6,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin