Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,425Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1229
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,084 Thanks
    tweets
    ok tweets lets get it over with
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    We did score all the goals
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 10th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    • 1,777 Posts
    • 24,193 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    We did score all the goals
    Originally posted by tweets
    for a few mins at the end i thought we would get something out of it.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Mar 18, 2:39 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Just catching up. Sorry you didn't have enough items SnS, that's so frustrating.

Been thinking is it worth keeping a list of what isn't showing on the APGs at the moment. I scraped through last night with one of my wine shops. Forgot the small cadbury chocolate buttons don't show
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Yes Hampy, it was the 5 - 1 sweets that let me down. I had bought buttons too. I'll upload receipt into A.com later and report back on the no shows.

SnS
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,039 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    SD

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• tweets
    • By tweets 10th Mar 18, 2:50 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,084 Thanks
    tweets
    for a few mins at the end i thought we would get something out of it.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    No I didn't lol
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 18, 3:04 PM
    • 17,090 Posts
    • 208,783 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all, more rain

Having a long discussion with COS. They rejected my Boots receipt as not having any qualifying items - they could not translate the Boots abbreviation for the Nivea essentails moisturiser.
    So I emailed them a reply with the receipt ID code and my details including my email address, pointing out exactly where it is on the receipt and translating for them.
    They then rejected my email as they said it had to be from my own email account and they couldnt locate it. THe email system puts it as a gmail address rather than Googlemail. BUt if they bothered to look further down the email they would see the original rejected email they sent me with the googlemail address.
    I've sent them another email with screenshots of my activity page and my account details page to prove that I am me plus my current balance and more receipt pictures.
    I think the only way around this will be to change my email address on my app contact page.

deep sigh ... the simplest things are so difficult.
    Last edited by mhoc; 10-03-2018 at 3:08 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 10th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    Exactly what I have done.....Massive breasts....legs and wings.....plenty of uses for those and a pile of bones for stocks....

cut bubbs rumps up for a couple of steaks and cubed for pies...

Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Excellent job marmi, are those breasts boned, where did you learn to handle breasts so carefully ?
    Would post a picture of mine but not done yet and have never tried posting pictures.

Man filling shelf with chickens today said the offer finishes tomorrow and had put a sign up saying 2 per customer, as were running out.

Got some fizz today, which is now locked in the boot and can't get it out as lock won't open.
    I am going to have to take it in to the garage with a boot full of Asti (for Mum) and Prosecco
    Should be an interesting reaction when they get it open
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Mar 18, 3:27 PM
    • 17,090 Posts
    • 208,783 Thanks
    mhoc
    Todays shop v Morribobs - ta to the testers and OPs

So 3 bottles is enough now to keep vouchers smaller

I included the Jacobs which are on a 2 for 1 offer as COS give you 70p so in real money only 10p

The sponge mix is for the food bank - i am thinking of bagging it up with birthday candles I have and if I can find cake ribbon as well even better.

One item does not appear - tiger tails for 45p - half a baguette so if you are counting items this one does not count.

Lost a bit on the rice and chicken breasts but I would rather include fillers I actually need plus its better than an over large voucher

(Yes I know it would save vast amounts but I am not very good at handling meat, usually get OH to cube chicken breasts up for me)

1x ASDA Smart Price Rice Pudding (400g) 0.20 0.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Instant Custard Mix (70g) 0.19 0.15
    1x ASDA White Basmati Rice (1kg) 1.49 1.75
    1x Jacob's Ciabatta Sundried Tomato & Basil Crackers (5x28g) 1.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sponge Mix (227g) 0.22 0.22
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) 0.17 N/A
    3x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 28.44 18.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) 5.00 3.75
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Chicken Breast Fillets (650g) 3.80 3.99
    1x ASDA Peshwari Naan (2x160g) 1.00 N/A
    1x Jacob's Ciabatta Original Crackers (5x28g) 1.00 1.00
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 10th Mar 18, 3:27 PM
    • 20,691 Posts
    • 95,753 Thanks
    michaels
    Exactly what I have done.....Massive breasts....legs and wings.....plenty of uses for those and a pile of bones for stocks....

When I was a chalet 'girl' we used to chop up 8 chickens a week, leg portions went into coq au vin, breasts became some sort of escalope and bone of course stock - having done however many hundred chickens, not sure I could be bothered to do one again.

Not sure if you mean does the chicken compare in a A vs M shop.
    If so ithis compared yesterday A vs M

1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) 5.00 3.75

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    Thanks, but I was actually asking about the mr t large 2.25 ones....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 31,128 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    [QUOTE=bubbs;74002761]

Afternoon all
    We have the new washing machine in
    Not quoting pics as else we will all be feeding Poppy biscuits
    You must have a good hand action there Marmie bloomin good job of those chickens
    You'd be surprised what I can do with my hands...
    Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse
    Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Mar 18, 3:46 PM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 31,128 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Excellent job marmi, are those breasts boned, where did you learn to handle breasts so carefully ?
    Would post a picture of mine but not done yet and have never tried posting pictures.

Should be an interesting reaction when they get it open
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I guess it come from years of experience...You cannot be too careful when you handle them..

Yes the breasts are boned......Two breasts 750grms....Loverly big firm ones too...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Mar 18, 3:50 PM
    • 10,061 Posts
    • 115,976 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=marmitelovemehateme;74003186]

You'd be surprised what I can do with my hands...
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Oh I dont think we would

Good Afternoon all .
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 10th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 28,041 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Rinsed APG wine shop

13 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.11
    0.4x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.30 0.30
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.07 0.06
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    2x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 12.96 10.00
    4x Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) 25.92 20.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 39.74 30.87
    +8.87 cheaper
    For your information:
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 10th Mar 18, 4:26 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    I guess it come from years of experience...You cannot be too careful when you handle them..

Yes the breasts are boned......Two breasts 750grms....Loverly big firm ones too...
    You've got a good pair of breasts there, excellent size, any ideas what you are you going to do with them ?
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 31,128 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    [QUOTE=emerald21;74003231]

Oh I dont think we would

Good Afternoon all .
    Thank you Suzie...
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    5for 1 sweets NOT showing on APG

Cadburys Buttons bc 7622210 783974 no show on A.com
    Freddo Caramel bc 7622210 783967 no show on A.com
    Freddo Caramel bc 7622210 724731. This showed on A.com but came up as not available.

So of my 10 different items these 3 caused APG failure.

HTH
    SnS
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Mar 18, 4:29 PM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 31,128 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    You've got a good pair of breasts there, excellent size, any ideas what you are you going to do with them ?
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Probably stir fry's, Curries, Chicken pies ect...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Mar 18, 4:48 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 144,780 Thanks
    Anon
    So the worst case scenario - my VM goes off on Thursday and I start with BT . I also lose my ntlworld email that I have had for over 20(?) years . I believe I have 14 days to cancel BT after install - would there be any charges? I need to find out!

I am now looking at TT and others wondering if I am leaving whether I could go for one of the other deals . Or order VM in Mrs Anons name ...

Little Anons will make my life hell if the internet and kids channels go off ... loss of internet would breach their human rights according to comments indoors earlier .

Anon
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Mar 18, 4:49 PM
    • 5,418 Posts
    • 64,885 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    This arrived at lunchtime from DD, it's lovely.

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Mar 18, 4:55 PM
    • 6,643 Posts
    • 90,144 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    This arrived at lunchtime from DD, it's lovely.

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Beautiful .
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,874Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin