Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,435Posts
    • 36,745Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1225
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,177 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening TM
    You missed Boots then?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 9th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 36,651 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Ive just found a code for 5 off a 5 spend at mamas and papas. Its a gift for mothers day

Theres loads of stuff you can get and free click and collect. Ive just ordered 2 cup cake sets for the total price of 1

Im going to go and stick the code on the code thread.

So get looking on the website NOW
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I did bring this over just not the code, no mama's and pappa's here though
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I've caught up now but came to thank you, Bubbs. I saw your post (and thank you too, TM) and have had a happy time buying stuff for a little hamper for a colleague's daughter who will give birth in a few months' time. I could use the code several times and no shop was more than 1, so I am very pleased. Thank you.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 9:36 PM
    • 34,529 Posts
    • 480,947 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening TM
    You missed Boots then?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yup

Again
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Mar 18, 9:45 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    No laughing. But just reading my contract for work, I was so excited and goes to oh omg I am going to be paid for holidays. then it dawned on me, but I don't want to go on holiday. was so pleased when Ds3 told me, that I can have holiday pay and stay at home.

I have never had holiday pay and oh is self employed so neither has he.

I am not usually that daft but just cooked dinner for 16 people and spent half the day at community kitchen where I made over 200 Welsh cakes
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 34,529 Posts
    • 480,947 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I've caught up now but came to thank you, Bubbs. I saw your post (and thank you too, TM) and have had a happy time buying stuff for a little hamper for a colleague's daughter who will give birth in a few months' time. I could use the code several times and no shop was more than 1, so I am very pleased. Thank you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Ive bought all manner of useless stuff
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 5,426 Posts
    • 64,969 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    No laughing. But just reading my contract for work, I was so excited and goes to oh omg I am going to be paid for holidays. then it dawned on me, but I don't want to go on holiday. was so pleased when Ds3 told me, that I can have holiday pay and stay at home.

I have never had holiday pay and oh is self employed so neither has he.

I am not usually that daft but just cooked dinner for 16 people and spent half the day at community kitchen where I made over 200 Welsh cakes
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    There's nothing better than being at home and being paid for it.

But Rhos, you should have had holiday pay for that job in the Country Park, assuming you were an employee of the business and did not go in on a self-employed basis.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Anon
    • By Anon 9th Mar 18, 9:49 PM
    • 12,783 Posts
    • 144,843 Thanks
    Anon
    Good evening. This may have been mentioned. I see JF has gone into 342 in A and 3 for 12 in T.

Sheer Blond Brilliantly Brighter and Radiant Red are 6.99 each in A

A buy 3, pay 13.98, apg should see 20.97 v 12, 10.17 return on 13.98 spend, so 3.81 for 3 plus fillers?

Untested.

HTH

Anon
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 9th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    • 3,186 Posts
    • 49,002 Thanks
    elainemn
    Ive just finished making a couple of soups. They needed a bit of umph so I!!!8217;ve just put a dash of Worcestersauce in each of them

I can!!!8217;t get my head around this vegan thing

Off for a catch up
    TM - Do you know worcestersauce contains anchovies?

L&P's Dec:

Ingredients

Malt Vinegar (from Barley), Spirit Vinegar, Molasses, Sugar, Salt, Anchovies (Fish), Tamarind Extract, Onions, Garlic, Spice, Flavourings
    Last edited by elainemn; 09-03-2018 at 9:55 PM.
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I thought you where joking and just Google it. I confess I never knew
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Good evening. This may have been mentioned. I see JF has gone into 342 in A and 3 for 12 in T.

A buy 3, pay 13.98, apg should see 20.97 v 12, 10.17 return on 13.98 spend, so 3.81 for 3 plus fillers?

Untested.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Ooh thanks Ds3 just run out of blonde xxxc
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 9:56 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,177 Thanks
    bubbs

Untested.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    They have never gone out of 3 4 2 was just competitors prices, so thanks i would test in the morning but dont think im going out as got to get the new washing machine in with dh as its sitting in my living room just now
    Edit, i have been using the brunette one and people may remember i posted about my scalp and how sore it was , even had shampoo from docs didnt work, this is FANTASTIC my scalp has never been better, even hairdresser commented on it
    Last edited by bubbs; 09-03-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 9:58 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,177 Thanks
    bubbs
    Wish we had one near
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    There's nothing better than being at home and being paid for it.

But Rhos, you should have had holiday pay for that job in the Country Park, assuming you were an employee of the business and did not go in on a self-employed basis.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I know I should have but boss was not very straight. Lots of rules where broke I have heard rumours that she is being investigated. But I know from my part everything was done correct. Xxx
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 10:07 PM
    • 34,529 Posts
    • 480,947 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

L&P's Dec:

Ingredients

Malt Vinegar (from Barley), Spirit Vinegar, Molasses, Sugar, Salt, Anchovies (Fish), Tamarind Extract, Onions, Garlic, Spice, Flavourings
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I know

That was the reason for my sad face. I knew the minute I put it in
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    • 15,963 Posts
    • 193,080 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Enterprise - I just assumed that the batteries were all okay - and had to go into the hold.... I slipped the battery down the inside of each box!

Off to google

I have a lot going on in RL at the moment so haven't been popping in for coffee as much as I would have liked..
    but I have been reading with bated breath DI's plight and pleased she was able to get home eventually to her 'medicine' that 2 little angels took her
    sarahnotsoskint -well done
    ssm- well done for taking a break from work, you are always tearing around so hopefully now you can enjoy your trip of a lifetime to the wedding and all the jollities that go with it, and the post wedding party back in the uk,.. im sure all your elite family will be waiting with anticipation for the invite ...we must get transport arranged we haven't had a jolly for a while now
    thanks for the wine glitch..even though im now being watched in my local A
    im back to babysitting duties in London...ds + family arrived home after another Asian adventure and another 24 hours extra in Singapore due to snow in the uk, but now everyones back to a normal routine....
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    You are more than welcome to come with us x

I'm thinking of setting up a dog walking business. Does anyone do anything similar please. Just thinking of how best to attract customers ? Any advise would be appreciated. Tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Now that seem an ideal job.

Could you do this informal cash in hand basis - until you get established? x
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 9th Mar 18, 10:15 PM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 10,342 Thanks
    P2TKL
    I tried this but the postage was more than the item I bought so I gave it a miss !
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Mar 18, 10:32 PM
    • 5,104 Posts
    • 59,625 Thanks
    gocat
    I tried this but the postage was more than the item I bought so I gave it a miss !
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    C&C is free
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Mar 18, 10:34 PM
    • 5,104 Posts
    • 59,625 Thanks
    gocat
    Can you use the code on the same account or do u have to use different email adresses?
    My sister is having her baby on Monday.

ETA yes you can use on same account. Gone a bit mad ordering lots of little vest type things
    Last edited by gocat; 09-03-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Mar 18, 10:51 PM
    • 14,683 Posts
    • 236,051 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Ive just found a code for 5 off a 5 spend at mamas and papas. Its a gift for mothers day

Theres loads of stuff you can get and free click and collect. Ive just ordered 2 cup cake sets for the total price of 1

Im going to go and stick the code on the code thread.

So get looking on the website NOW
    wheres the code, threres one 1 mile from me tia
    bet i find it by the time your reply lol
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 9th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 37,225 Posts
    • 156,854 Thanks
    silvercar
    Ive just finished making a couple of soups. They needed a bit of umph so I!!!8217;ve just put a dash of Worcestersauce in each of them

I can!!!8217;t get my head around this vegan thing

Off for a catch up
    Anchovies!!!

Can see elaine has beaten me to it. Only know because I hate anchovies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5Posts Today

3,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin