Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1224
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th Mar 18, 7:22 PM
    • 2,542 Posts
    • 29,793 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I have a lot going on in RL at the moment so haven't been popping in for coffee as much as I would have liked..
    but I have been reading with bated breath DI's plight and pleased she was able to get home eventually to her 'medicine' that 2 little angels took her
    sarahnotsoskint -well done
    ssm- well done for taking a break from work, you are always tearing around so hopefully now you can enjoy your trip of a lifetime to the wedding and all the jollities that go with it, and the post wedding party back in the uk,.. im sure all your elite family will be waiting with anticipation for the invite ...we must get transport arranged we haven't had a jolly for a while now
    thanks for the wine glitch..even though im now being watched in my local A
    im back to babysitting duties in London...ds + family arrived home after another Asian adventure and another 24 hours extra in Singapore due to snow in the uk, but now everyones back to a normal routine....
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 2,542 Posts
    • 29,793 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Just a quick thank you to all who advised about my son and the EON + and the housing association saga (even though hes not with the HA and is buying his property)
    He had several emails going back and forth and has accepted a 75% refund which he was happy with.
    He said if it hadn't been for the support from my elite family and the advise given he would not have had the confidence to question the dilemma and would have accepted the payment that had been taken form his account.
    So thank you Malc + others for your help
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hillybilly, sorry you are having probs in a's
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    That will keep you under the radar
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Surely will!! Might use it at the bigger store
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 9th Mar 18, 7:59 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    latest VM Shop.

Bought 10 different items. APG says "you don't have 8 different items".

Guess they'll be going back tomorrow. Trouble is paid mostly with APG.

SnS
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Mar 18, 8:15 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    well done

The fish is lovely, the tomato not spicy one and the mustard one are free, i was so uncouth today and ate it out the tin

You kept that quiet!, enjoy the wedding/holiday then look after x
    Last Sunday was the first opportunity I had time to go for a walk for the last 6 weeks - I though **** it.... and within 5 minutes of getting home I had resigned with absolute minimal notice.

I think I have been extremely reckless!

So everyone's going to be tucking into Bubbs Rump. I take it there's more than enough to go around
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Cheeky!! My rump has shrunk
    Proof!

• cjj
    • By cjj 9th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 6,371 Posts
    • 84,936 Thanks
    cjj
    I'm thinking of setting up a dog walking business. Does anyone do anything similar please. Just thinking of how best to attract customers ? Any advise would be appreciated. Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 20,701 Posts
    • 95,806 Thanks
    michaels
    Cheeky!! My rump has shrunk
    I'm a bigger the better sort of guy
    Cool heads and compromise
    • annieme
    • By annieme 9th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 5,858 Thanks
    annieme
    I!!!8217;ve just used my 20+ agp with no problem but the assistant started to ask for my post code but before I had a chance to say anything she carried on to say, !!!8216;oh, you!!!8217;re ok it doesn!!!8217;t need it!!!8217;. I thought it might be something to with the value but then my dh told me he!!!8217;d had the same with one for less than 3. Has anybody else had this please? tia !!!55358;!!!56596;
    • Old Bill
    • By Old Bill 9th Mar 18, 8:26 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 1,035 Thanks
    Old Bill
    Coupon for 1 off Robinsons Fruit Creations bottle

https://robinsonssquash.co.uk/coupon/
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 9th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 37,238 Posts
    • 156,874 Thanks
    silvercar
    I'm thinking of setting up a dog walking business. Does anyone do anything similar please. Just thinking of how best to attract customers ? Any advise would be appreciated. Tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Local Facebook groups. Put leaflets on noticeboards. Go walking and hand out leaflets to everyone you see with a dog.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 8:31 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by cjj
    One of my ladies has a dog walker, she did it on facebook, fliers and business cards, within 18months she is fully booked and sometimes walks 6 together
    I'm a bigger the better sort of guy
    Originally posted by michaels
    Outta luck then
    I!!!8217;ve just used my 20+ agp with no problem but the assistant started to ask for my post code but before I had a chance to say anything she carried on to say, !!!8216;oh, you!!!8217;re ok it doesn!!!8217;t need it!!!8217;. I thought it might be something to with the value but then my dh told me he!!!8217;d had the same with one for less than 3. Has anybody else had this please? tia !!!55358;!!!56596;
    Originally posted by annieme
    Its only yo see how far you travel to shop, you can refuse and you can bend the truth
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Coupon for 1 off Robinsons Fruit Creations bottle

https://robinsonssquash.co.uk/coupon/
    Originally posted by Old Bill
    Thanks
    Local Facebook groups. Put leaflets on noticeboards. Go walking and hand out leaflets to everyone you see with a dog.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Snap
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • hippychicky
    • By hippychicky 9th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 9,680 Thanks
    hippychicky
    Originally posted by annieme
    This has happened to me a few times in the past even when no apg had been used and they were just checking stats on where their customers lived and how far they travelled to store etc. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. x
    See Bubbs beat me to it!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside

Persil Non-Bio Capsules (38's) RTC Instore @Morrison's New Brighton

Might be national?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • annieme
    • By annieme 9th Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 5,858 Thanks
    annieme
    Its only yo see how far you travel to shop, you can refuse and you can bend the truth[/

Thank you bubbs, I nearly freaked out, I wouldn't have remembered it
    • locarr
    • By locarr 9th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 7,956 Posts
    • 140,655 Thanks
    locarr
    Evening ALL!

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 9:00 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ive just finished making a couple of soups. They needed a bit of umph so Ive just put a dash of Worcestersauce in each of them

I cant get my head around this vegan thing

Off for a catch up
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh dear - if this was me I would have to take the hit, begrudgingly though ....

Before xmas a nice sa warned dh+me we were using too many apgs and they had had a meeting about us and we would be spoken to about apgs and that you can only use 10 in 1 month...we refrained from using any in my local store for a while although we still shopped for the odd item in there.
    all had been fine til last week, we had a moc which was accepted with no problem but then we had a small wombled apg which wouldn't go thru..then the shop floor supervisor came over to the supervisor and said it couldn't be accepted..ok we said ..that's strange it wouldn't go thru....but the annoying thing is the supervisor would have accepted the apg, its when the one above him put her oar in that it was rejected..and she wasn't even on duty she was doing her shopping in civies !!!!!
    Yesterday we went in 3 bottles of wine, 8 fillers apg fine...except I felt we were being watched.
    Today we went in 3 bottles of wine+fillers larger apg fine but then dh put in a wombled apg 'that supervisor' who walked over to the till when we were about to pay questioned the wombled apg....she said.. I know what you are doing! we have cctv ...is this your receipt ? because it has been flagged up that you are using different credit cards...oh!! I say ..that is my daughters receipt, supervisor- well I will let it go thru this time but the person who bought and paid for the shopping is the one who has to redeem the apg...
    so we will keep a low profile again
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Sorry to hear this hillbilly.......a low profile for a while sounds like a good idea
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 9:22 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    The WB red worked from 3 hours ago

Stocks are building nicely
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

3,034Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin