Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,428Posts
    • 36,742Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1217
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 9th Mar 18, 6:55 AM
    • 3,184 Posts
    • 48,984 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Updated wine list below. Getting confusing nor re the WB's - ? red back on, white now off?? Adjusted list to latest posts, hope it is correct.

wine asda Other suppermarket Each after apg Supermarket APG for 3

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 9.48 7.00 3.14 Morrisons 9.54

Freixenet Prosecco (750ml) 11.98 9.00 4.11 Waitrose /Morrison 11.64

Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) 6.48 7.00 4.14 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 0.54

Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 8.98 8.00 4.21 sainsburys 5.34

Monopole blue top champagne 27.00 20.00 9.00 sainsburys 27.00

Martini Asti Spumante 8.98 6.00 2.41 morrisons 10.74

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne 35.00 27.00 12.63 waitrose 32.10

Take care with the WB's as not sure what will work.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th Mar 18, 7:43 AM
    • 16,667 Posts
    • 281,442 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all

In Sainsburys they had packs of their own brand nappies for 50p. They also had pampers size 1 and 2 for the same price but an empty shelf (MG's daughter is pregnant so I picked up a few packs for her)

Worth keeping an eye out. They also had Bepanthen cream for 50p but that was empty as well
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th Mar 18, 7:44 AM
    • 16,667 Posts
    • 281,442 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Much, much, much more importantly, they had P20 for 12.50 a 200ml bottle. Cheapest I have found anywhere for a while. Hopefully the price will come down to a much more reasonable one
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 9th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 915 Posts
    • 12,541 Thanks
    sarahskint
    Quick Hi and Bye this morning!! I have everything up in the air at the mo. I decided to go and get my CV sorted as need to try get a job, that was weds, I heard about a job after speaking to a manager in superdrug same afternoon, applied online with my fancy new shiny cv which took me 3 hours to sort, got a phone call yesterday morning at 9:05 for an interview and I start today Shame its only 16 hours but its a foot in the door and having been unemployed for quite a while its a start x
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 12,777 Posts
    • 144,795 Thanks
    Anon
    Can't figure out what cashback quidco are offering on BT, at the top of the page lots of deals all listed separately all saying 180, further down only 180 for full package inc mobile, less for other packages. Are the ones at the top a special offer or is it the ones at the bottom that are the truth?
    Originally posted by michaels
    I think it is the ones at the bottom - their information is sometimes misleading as the devil is in the detail! If it helps, I went through TCB and 52mb Fibre, no tv tracked at 80 (at the time) then highest Cashback guarantee to match Q where it was 90. At the moment TCB is showing 170 as the top rate but and phone only at 95 on Q, so would get that plus the bonus if getting through TCB with highest cashback guarantee.

An option for someone considering actually switching is T4lkTalk - 22.50 for unlimited Faster Fibre and phone, plus 90 Q, so average 17.50 per month on an 18 month contract.

I am still hopeful of my VM callback as one week to go (this is stressful ) - I noticed a missed call on my landline from one of their numbers this week, so have called retentions again and asked that the team calls me back on my mobile as I am at work and miss their calls. The CS was very helpful and filled out a form, so there must be a process to do that somewhere on their system (whether they call and offer anything is now the test!).

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-03-2018 at 7:56 AM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 29,187 Posts
    • 424,118 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Mar 18, 7:48 AM
    • 12,777 Posts
    • 144,795 Thanks
    Anon
    Quick Hi and Bye this morning!! I have everything up in the air at the mo. I decided to go and get my CV sorted as need to try get a job, that was weds, I heard about a job after speaking to a manager in superdrug same afternoon, applied online with my fancy new shiny cv which took me 3 hours to sort, got a phone call yesterday morning at 9:05 for an interview and I start today Shame its only 16 hours but its a foot in the door and having been unemployed for quite a while its a start x
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    Well done!

And we now have an insider for Elite who can spot bargains .

Anyone fancy a job at T, A ...

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    • 34,513 Posts
    • 480,801 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I have missed the discussion on what is working and what is not working, so bought 6 WB reds yesterday. They compared against M 38.88 v 30.

Hoping to go back for some more pretty prosecco tonight.
    Originally posted by house elf
    Great news on the red

And Jacobs flatbreads are still on COS for me
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Mar 18, 7:50 AM
    • 34,513 Posts
    • 480,801 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well done Sarah

Im out the door....theres a strange man honking outside
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Mar 18, 7:53 AM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 59,591 Thanks
    gocat
    Wow well done Sarah. Good luck today

Morning all
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th Mar 18, 7:56 AM
    • 3,885 Posts
    • 53,978 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Came back from the Lakes yesterday Just stayed one day not the two as planned and felt I could not ask DH to trail to an A's for wine that I don't need or drink. but I hate missing such a good offer

Sarah Well done on that new job and hope Rhosy's job is going well too

I now have today "free" so may go to Ikea as I want a vase from there and DH is bored

Take care and enjoy your day
    Retired
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 9th Mar 18, 7:58 AM
    • 295 Posts
    • 3,875 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Well done Sarah & good luck x
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Mar 18, 8:03 AM
    • 19,288 Posts
    • 208,279 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy here but fine.

Well done, enjoy
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Mar 18, 8:22 AM
    • 3,630 Posts
    • 37,470 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Well done Sarah, they are lucky to have you.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Mar 18, 8:26 AM
    • 12,777 Posts
    • 144,795 Thanks
    Anon
    If you are with Sky for BB, they are putting up their BB prices and phone line which seems to have opened the door to leave/renegotiate. Current retention deals are being discussed here:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-broadband-incl-line-rental-11-retention-2904673

It seems normal BB people are achieving 11 or 8.99 including line rental. I negotiated for a family member for Fibre and phoneline only earlier this week and achieved 18 per month for 12 months . Saved them 20 per month, using the TT offer as an example of cheaper elsewhere .

VM are offering various retentions deals but random what people achieve as you are relying o. Them calling back. 100mb BB and line only was reported yesterday someone achieved 19:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/retention-deal-virgin-media-broadband-phone-line-1940pm-x-12-months-23280-2906445

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-03-2018 at 9:12 AM.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 2,636 Posts
    • 29,506 Thanks
    curl girl
    I believe they are of similar size to current credit meters if I were you and you were thinking of smart meters I would wait for the roll out of smets 2 which is the 2nd generation of smart meters only reason behind it, if you switch with the current smart meters they lose there smart functionality and you have to read them manually 2nd generation smart meters allow you to switch and keep the smart functionality. The in home display can be put anywhere in the house but some are advised to keep near to where your meters are
    To be honest I know that some of the online tariffs are better than prices being offered with smarts, iv not had them installed yet and not rushing lol

I have had multiple calls of people saying the boiler wouldnt come back on after engineers have exchanged the meters and for most weve had to get engineers out and fix it, I think they are good for those who want to watch their energy usage to try and cut back but my personal opinion is if you already watch and cut back where you can then smart meter (other than tariff) isnt going to help that much. Also if your meters are quite far away from each other your gas might not be smart because it piggy backs off the electric meter to send data over
    Hth
    Originally posted by Soo_Hal
    Thanks for your second reply.
    I don't really want smart meters, 1st or 2nd, but both the eon and bg tariffs that were the better rates on my list stipulate that you have to have smart meters installed.
    I will have to stay on standard rates with bg until I find something better.
    More research is needed....

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • manorf
    • By manorf 9th Mar 18, 8:36 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 1,150 Thanks
    manorf
    Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough

This is now picking up the new 6 price at M.

shops done yesterday
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2,636 Posts
    • 29,506 Thanks
    curl girl
    12.62 a bottle after apg
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    Did you have any problems using your 30+??
    I'm still tempted.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 9th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 48,410 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough

This is now picking up the new 6 price at M.

shops done yesterday
    Originally posted by manorf
    Morning luvlies

Can I ask what time you shopped please, I bought the VM at 4:30pm and it compared to 7 which I'm still happy about. Thanks to OP
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Mar 18, 8:51 AM
    • 2,636 Posts
    • 29,506 Thanks
    curl girl
    That was quick, well done!
    Right place, right time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,291Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin