Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,424Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1213
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 17,086 Posts
    • 208,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Lost a bit on my fillers but it was all things I needed so at least my list looks looks like a normal muggle shop
    There are a few things useful for comparisons purposes.

sada v m

Very happy - 4 or thereabouts is the base line price for a standard Aldi bottle of house white so if I can get NZ Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough for the same price I am

0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.09
    1x ASDA 6 Medium Free Range Eggs (6pk) 0.89 0.91
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Raspberry Flavour Jelly (11.5g) 0.33 0.38
    1x ASDA Beef in Ale Casserole Mix (32g) 0.23 N/A
    1x ASDA Light Garlic & Herbs Soft Cheese (200g) 0.69 0.88
    1x ASDA Smart Price Ready to Serve Custard (385g) 0.25 0.20
    6x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 56.88 42.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Oranges (5pk) 0.99 0.94
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Granny Smith Apples (6pk) 1.35 1.60
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Orange Flavour Jelly (11.5g) 0.33 0.38
    1x ASDA Smart Price Porridge Oats (1kg) 0.75 0.75
    Comparison total (compared products only) 63.64 49.23
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 6:06 PM
    • 17,086 Posts
    • 208,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Waitrose is not an option on COS.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    I shall remove the bottom line - it has disappeared from my app so I couldn't check!
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • annieme
    • By annieme 8th Mar 18, 6:26 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 5,858 Thanks
    annieme
    18 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Jacob's Ciabatta Caramelised Onion Crackers (5x28g) 1.00 1.00
    6x Martini Asti (75cl) 53.88 36.00
    0.26x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.19 0.19
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (2kg) 1.26 1.00
    1x Jacob's Ciabatta Sundried Tomato & Basil Crackers (5x28g) 1.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (1pt) 0.49 0.45
    1x Jacob's Flatbreads Garlic & Herb Flavour (140g) 1.00 1.00
    4x Swizzels Parma Violets (40g) 1.40 1.40
    1x Jacob's Ciabatta Original Crackers (5x28g) 1.00 1.00
    1x Domestos Bleach Ultra White & Sparkle Bleach (750ml) 1.00 1.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 62.22 44.14
    +18.08 cheaper
    APG 22.50
    I'm waiting to see if cos pay out for the Jacobs. I thought the parma violets would compare more favourably.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 8th Mar 18, 6:36 PM
    • 16,665 Posts
    • 281,432 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I sleep like the limp dishrag
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 8th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 28,041 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Vino shop from today, crackers for COS

13 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.13 0.12
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    2x Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) 12.96 10.00
    4x Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) 25.92 20.00
    1x Jacob's Flatbreads Garlic & Herb Flavour (140g) 1.51 1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) 1.09 1.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 42.01 32.62
    +9.39 cheaper
    For your information:
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 14,650 Posts
    • 235,721 Thanks
    zippydooda
    [QUOTE=virgomaiden;73994653]
    Good Afternoon

When I try to get Princes coupons I get a blank page to print on Google. Only started yesterday.
    Like using Google as get the option to store rather than print and then just edit and print just coupon bit. Have spent hours trying to alter settings, remove Google and start again, but same problem.
    Still working on other browsers.
    /QUOTE]

I get this too but if you look at the print options it will say its a 3 page document. Just print page 2 only. Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    im printing from gc ok. i only get the 3 page option if my settings are in landscape.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Snap hope your foot is a bit better x
    Di hope you are feeling a bt better every day x
    Dont forget to vote for Sarah and waffle
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73964009&postcount=2463
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    Spot on!! Just used the last of my 'Old Bubb's Beef' !! and I'm hoping to escape to Sada tomorrow, using up a couple of APGs before they expire and buying wine! We started stripping the sitting room today, after an hour Mr Grumpy told me just to leave him to it, but kept shouting for me to clean up and make tea etc... I'm sure he is much nicer to the old dears he works for who think he is a national treasure!

The daft thing is before he gave up driving and became a 'Handyman' I used to do all of the decorating, but have decided just to let him get on with it, with the odd word of advice though............
    Originally posted by pippo
    go any buy beef and wine, let him get on with it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 7:34 PM
    • 17,086 Posts
    • 208,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone is wondering, the snow showers we had vanished and yes I did manage to get OH away from work at a reasonable time today

We went and got our free bags of Thorntons chocs - we have a small store in an outlet type shopping centre - sadly no coffee ones so I got the orange crisp ones although I don't know why as the sticky bits annoy my teeth
    3 each - silly price.

Then we went to the Marks outlet place in search of leggings and I found the type with the very wide waist band - the sort we all got with various Sparks offers last year but sadly they don't seem to be stocked anymore in stores.

These were buy one get one half price so 2 pairs for 13.50 - pleased with this as I live in leggings now with 180 denier thick tights underneath, always a frozen huddled heap, that's me
    (3 layers on the bottom half plus socks under the boots and 6 layers on the top half - bra,vest, long sleeved tshirt, thin jumper, winter pinafore/knitted dress plus either cardigan/jacket/fleece

When we went to the till I asked and the girl said I could use my Marks credit voucher and she could also scan my sparks card for points

Also by chance looking on the mens clearance section I found a really nice looking black lined double breasted pea jacket with a funnel collar in OHs size - he has never even tried this sort of jacket before so I passed it to him to try on and it fitted and looked fabulous It had a security tag on it so the till girl said it might have originally come from a London store - they don't even have a gizmo for removing them so she had to go to the shop next door to get it removed

OH is thrilled to bits with it - OK its a bit like the jackets Danny Dyer wears (I know he gets on everyone's wick but I have a bit of a crush ...

Marks mens jackets start at 99 and got up to 179 this season ...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 17,086 Posts
    • 208,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just looking at the free drink this month for Piture and Piano owned by Marstons) and oddly the Chester one wasnt on the location list so I went to their FB page and they are closing on March 17th

So many nice lunchtime drinks we have had over the years

now we have to go all the way to Birmingham ...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 8:42 PM
    • 17,086 Posts
    • 208,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    Is there any AP experts about?

OH has gone to his app and all the vouchers seem to have vanished - how do we find them again?

The app was only used at the end of February and the list of vouchers was there
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 6,641 Posts
    • 90,109 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    She is working very hard big Moc. She is so passionate about what she does and she does it well. I don't know how she does it and life in General is keeping her very busy she's just adopted an elderly neighbours chicken
    I shall tell her you were asking x
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Please send my love to our fair lady aswell.

If its what Ive had, Im very impressed you even tried!

Morning folks.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I wish I hadnt
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 8th Mar 18, 8:59 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Sorry bubbs I wasnt ignoring you. I was flashed at

It just appeared as s banner on my account.

Could you throw a good main dish and perhaps a breakfast dish my way Rhos .......Id be very grateful. I lost sleep over it last night. I think Ill have to be sneaky at work today and do some vegan googling
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    hi sorry just seen this now had another busy day made worse with snow . and no where was gritted, there where a lot of crashes and delays on the road.

keep it simple tm
    lentil shepherds pie with sweet potato mash is a decent main that we have found most meat eaters will eat as well,it was our most popular dish at cafe. and serve roast veg etc. or did you want something posher,for breakfast cereal is a good stand by with soya or rice milk but if you want to do a fry up for everyone get linda maccartney sausages, fried mushrooms, tomatoes hash browns , beans you can also do scrambled torfu,add some veggies etc, but I dont rate it personally.

if you want lentil shepherds pie recipe or something else let me know xxxxx
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Mar 18, 9:00 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    British Large Whole Chicken 1.55-1.95Kg only 2.25 @ Tesco (from tomorrow 09/03)
    From hotdeals
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 17,086 Posts
    • 208,762 Thanks
    mhoc
    WonTwo, 1 main meal deal lasting a week at La Taska, los Guano, Caffe Red, Bella Italy. Any time, Except Saturday and Momma Sunday.,

Going out for 1 lunchy, some free fishy wishes, muffin Wustlers and Thornie Choccies By the time I do all that, it may be time for another 1 meal BURP!
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Please can I ask about the wuntoos meal offers - can you go to all of the restaurants or is it just one?

I took OH to BI this afternoon - he was gobsmacked at the 1 meal offer I just got chips to go with our meal (watched them come out of the fryer and stand on the hatch for 5 mins before being collected so I sent them back as they were cold by the tine they were put in our table. I asked for fresh ones )
    I used a live2shop voucher and 50p in real money
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Mar 18, 9:04 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    The Mother of All Steaks - 454g - 4.99 instore @ Aldi

Hellmanns tomato ketchup 473g 2 for 1 @ heron foods

From hotdeals
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 8th Mar 18, 9:05 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    I believe they are of similar size to current credit meters if I were you and you were thinking of smart meters I would wait for the roll out of smets 2 which is the 2nd generation of smart meters only reason behind it, if you switch with the current smart meters they lose there smart functionality and you have to read them manually 2nd generation smart meters allow you to switch and keep the smart functionality. The in home display can be put anywhere in the house but some are advised to keep near to where your meters are
    To be honest I know that some of the online tariffs are better than prices being offered with smarts, iv not had them installed yet and not rushing lol

I have had multiple calls of people saying the boiler wouldnt come back on after engineers have exchanged the meters and for most weve had to get engineers out and fix it, I think they are good for those who want to watch their energy usage to try and cut back but my personal opinion is if you already watch and cut back where you can then smart meter (other than tariff) isnt going to help that much. Also if your meters are quite far away from each other your gas might not be smart because it piggy backs off the electric meter to send data over
    Hth
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    Finish powerball pack 3 instore @ ASDA

Large Cadburys Creme Egg Layers of Joy trifle 1 @ Heron
    From hotdeals
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    • 6,641 Posts
    • 90,109 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    hi sorry just seen this now had another busy day made worse with snow . and no where was gritted, there where a lot of crashes and delays on the road.
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Heard weather been bad in wales, was hoping to go tomorrow.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Mar 18, 9:09 PM
    • 51,660 Posts
    • 619,823 Thanks
    bubbs
    1 eBay Final Value Fees (FVF) on up to 100 items. 11-12 March. Selected Accounts.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,083Posts Today

5,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin