Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,424Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1211
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Mar 18, 10:50 AM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,461 Thanks
    curl girl
    Blooming white stuff, grumble, grumble...

Went to B00ts, to use those offers before they expire.

Got O/B bodyspray, O/B toothpaste, O/B handwash, and Aspirin.

Spent 2.55 from giftcard, got 2.75 back in points.

75pts female deodorant/75pts dental/75pts for buying 2 toiletries plus Aspirin was only 30p and qualified as healthcare, so 50pts there.

I like freebies.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Nice shop Seren.
    I will copy this tomorrow.
    Thank you.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Mar 18, 10:55 AM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,461 Thanks
    curl girl
    Mhoc.

6 Brancott 53.88 v 45 .
    This was the very first shop reported by Lango. Not sure if it's still the same?
    Hth.

Edit.
    You'll have to do your homework on this one as it was v T and I think it was reported that T prices changed!
    Last edited by curl girl; 08-03-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Mar 18, 10:56 AM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,031 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Look at me flexing my toes & bending my foot
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Mar 18, 10:58 AM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,031 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    The alphabet 10ps are out in circular

PO has rung me
    Our Family Motto ~

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Mar 18, 11:03 AM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,461 Thanks
    curl girl
    Well that surprises me - that the wine is untouched Perhaps its me being paranoid

decisions, decisions ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Just you raiding it then!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,461 Thanks
    curl girl

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Is your gout better today snap?
    • juju17
    • By juju17 8th Mar 18, 11:08 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 13,595 Thanks
    juju17
    I was looking at the torres vina sol, and see only the white is confirmed. Has anyone bought the rose?
    I know the rose is a little cheaper at A, but it should compare to M...shouldnt it?
    Would it be best to get 4 white and 2 rose?...and experts opinion welcome, I could try this afternoon...thank you
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Mar 18, 11:09 AM
    • 17,088 Posts
    • 208,769 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just you raiding it then!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    No, not me

If I get there and this is dependant on OH and the weather - getting on and off that car park in a snow storm is dire - I will just get the 6

I will be annoyed though if the cashback items have vanished though
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,461 Thanks
    curl girl
    I was looking at the torres vina sol, and see only the white is confirmed. Has anyone bought the rose?
    I know the rose is a little cheaper at A, but it should compare to M...shouldnt it?
    Would it be best to get 4 white and 2 rose?...and experts opinion welcome, I could try this afternoon...thank you
    Originally posted by juju17
    Only done/seen white shops sorry.
    Would like rose though so please report back if you try it!
    Tia.
    Is the rose in the 342 juju?
    Remember that you would get the 2 cheapest free if they are, so better sticking to the same prices.
    Last edited by curl girl; 08-03-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Mar 18, 11:14 AM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,031 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    sweeties was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~

• elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 8th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    • 4,190 Posts
    • 46,492 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
    • juju17
    • By juju17 8th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 13,595 Thanks
    juju17
    Only done/seen white shops sorry.
    Would like rose though so please report back if you try it!
    Tia.
    Is the rose in the 342 juju?
    Remember that you would get the 2 cheapest free if they are, so better sticking to the same prices.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks curl girl....I will check this afternoon, and if it is in the 3 for 2, I will test it and report back. Yes I know I will lose a bit, as the prices are slightly different, but I know a few people who prefer a rose, so worth a short. Thanks
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 8th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    3x Taittinger Reserve Champagne Brut (75cl) 105.00 81.00 compares to Waities shop done this morning 32.10 APG
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 8th Mar 18, 11:29 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 7,601 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning lovely peoples

Good morning Shop done this morning v's Morries

6x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 56.88 42.00 still compares to 7 at morries sadly not the 6 yet

19.39 APG so still below the 20 supervisor override
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    Thank you so much Chandlerscroft
    I was just about to test this - I can go home now and put my feet up
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 2,630 Posts
    • 29,461 Thanks
    curl girl
    3x Taittinger Reserve Champagne Brut (75cl) 105.00 81.00 compares to Waities shop done this morning 32.10 APG
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    Best one yet!
    Well done for going for it chandlerscroft
    I would love these for posh gifts but not sure I could cope with 32 voucher!
    Let us know how you get on!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 8th Mar 18, 12:26 PM
    • 26,225 Posts
    • 318,442 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have a golden number, it is one I do not want to lose. I have my suspicions that numbers like mine might accidentally disappear in the process of switching providers, especially twice in a row. I suppose if I had to I could pop the Vodafone sim in, send a text to it, then pop my TalkMobile sim in once a day, but surely this could damage the sim?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I have one of those too, so know what you mean abut making sure I keep hold of it.
    Using a sim for 30 days, you would only need it in the phone the first and the last day. You could also port your number to a PAYG sim if ever you needed to keep it safe when changing about.

COS free Jacobs crackers
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    I claimed this yesterday, so is this another one? did not dare try it today just in case. I have been to adsa more in the last 24 hours than the last 6 month Love a good fizz glitch.

Whooaa there missus, careful, JTS will be sniffing them if your not careful
    ( D your smell of wine too? )
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Mar 18, 1:07 PM
    • 19,281 Posts
    • 208,223 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Fantastic - have you found a miracle cure? My FiL was a martyr to his gout and never found anything that really helped, at least not quickly.

I have one of those too, so know what you mean abut making sure I keep hold of it.
    Using a sim for 30 days, you would only need it in the phone the first and the last day. You could also port your number to a PAYG sim if ever you needed to keep it safe when changing about.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thank you, shall probably end up with the Vodafone sim 'in' it for that time.
    Wanted to get it done quicker though.

I am paranoid about losing my number, was in carphone warehouse one time buying a new phone, asked about porting my number, gave it when asked and his face momentarily lit up and he then said he wasnt sure i would be able to keep that number Walked straight out without buying the phone, suspect he had recognised the value of the number. No-one is getting their grubby little mitts on my number
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 8th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 14,898 Thanks
    shirley999
    COS free Jacobs crackers
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Also 40p on GreenJunn App for same product.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Mar 18, 1:42 PM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 256,031 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Fantastic - have you found a miracle cure? My FiL was a martyr to his gout and never found anything that really helped, at least not quickly.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Very strong & make you very drowsy prescription drugs & 24 hour sleeping

phew
    Our Family Motto ~

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 20,201 Posts
    • 264,161 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Such good information savvy
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes the Savvy Industries price collection service has been in full swing so far this week. Just needs to get up-to-date with what was found yesterday. The APG is probably still on the current Monday information though, which is fully on the list (insofar as they match what is on there). Shame the Villa Maria is picking up 7 from what must be Monday - too many of their stores that had not changed their SELs by the time the collectors visited maybe early in the day. I sometimes have that issue with my own main first store - I used to leave starting until the afternoon to give my store chance to change its SELs on the day (although many are probably already showing new prices at the start of the day) - for technical reasons I usually have to start in the morning nowadays and they are still changing SELs whilst I am going around. They usually aren't putting low enough prices on for me - I must be seeing some incorrect information early on and try to have a look back at an aisle after staff changing SELs have been there or just hope that the changes/differences get picked up in the other stores later in the day.

The Villa Maria had been changed in my starting store early on Monday and was the very first section of the store I went to. Too many of the price collection stores seem not to have been as quick though - hopefully they have acted on the price change within two days and have not missed it and then leaving it unchanged for months - I have one set of items still showing an offer in one of my stores that I think expired in January that I ignore every time until somewhere else indicates a price change - and I have had stores before that have never shown an offer whilst it was on - I even had one that once had changed to the offer price on the day the offer had now finished and then to full price within a few days after - it showed full price during the entire offer period and only finally caught up showing an offer when the product was back at full price, just going round chasing after themselves. Hopefully at least half of the collection stores have changed by yesterday to see the Villa Maria getting 6 from the Wednesday information.

The crisps and snacks prices need not confuse you - just don't bother with m.com (and therefore msm) and the comprehensive (I hope!) list of items that should work is on the M list. You can't go wrong if you stick to that can you? Obviously you are only allowed one set of 3 for 3 in any one shop so certainly can't buy two of everything, together with half as many purchases of the trigger, all in one shop. (I would have thought that went as read and is common knowledge on this thread about these things, so it's not specified on the list but is obvious.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-03-2018 at 2:00 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,985Posts Today

7,180Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin