Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,437Posts
    • 36,749Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1206
    • annieme
    • By annieme 7th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 5,858 Thanks
    annieme
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Thank you for that, Ive not had any rewards or treats from JL since they started apart from vouchers for tea & cake once. I didnt know they were still giving them. Ive downloaded the app & no treats showing so I phoned them. Apparently theyre having trouble with the app. Theyre changing the treats to tailor them to the individual, whatever thats going to mean. Probably wont be as good as what it was, a bit like the removal of Ws pick your own. Theyve looked into my account & apparently I opted out, I dont remember that. Anyway theyre going to send me some vouchers in the post. Itll be interesting to see what everyone gets in future.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    • 19,306 Posts
    • 208,413 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    What sort of show is she giving us?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Well spotted, I seriously didn't notice that one

Well, I have heard back from TalkMobile about my NUC for my phone, and they have escalated the issue to a higher level. Why could they not reply like that in the first place! Will have to wait and see if they come back with anything useful. If not I will buy one off Ebay.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,214 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well spotted, I seriously didn't notice that one

Well, I have heard back from TalkMobile about my NUC for my phone, and they have escalated the issue to a higher level. Why could they not reply like that in the first place! Will have to wait and see if they come back with anything useful. If not I will buy one off Ebay.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Surprised other hawk eyes didn't
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 7th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 16,669 Posts
    • 281,463 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Got my Home & contents renewal email from Aviva today. Last year was 98 less 50 CB, so a net 48.. Renewal this year 148

Cover for house and 20000 contents, no accidental cover 400 excess on both.

Today after scraping quotes and sifting through cashbacks, then seeing quotes different from comparisons I settled on.....
    SAGA (Yes I am an old git) Same cover except excess only 350. CB is 70, but if I include legal cover at 24 extra I would get 101 CB, so get paid 7 to take Legal cover.
    None of the additional charges such as accidental cover, emergency stuff etc.

SO drum roll....... quote was 124, so bought it, cashback (hopefully) 101, so a net 23 for the year, my BEST ever!!!

How the heck do peeps stay with their existing provider, mine gave an increase of 51% totally shocking, especially with no claims and no change in circumstances.

Anyone managed less so far this year?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Not quite the same as I've only got contents (house is rented) - 46 through endsleigh and cashback through TCB was 35, leaving me with 11 to pay for 20K cover
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Mar 18, 7:48 PM
    • 6,650 Posts
    • 90,217 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Get me an invite
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Its fancy dress

I would just copy shops. Depends how large an APG she would be happy with buy buy 3/6/more of the bottles of wine on the list a few pages back, with suitable fillers.
    Great
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Mar 18, 7:50 PM
    • 14,683 Posts
    • 236,054 Thanks
    zippydooda
    New mags are out nothing really interesting , 5 off 25 f&f clothing, vegi bites, they would work out cheap there are 2 coupons for this one at the front and one in the middle, if you couls use them together i dont know

Hope you soon get better xxx
    they need to be different barcodes then maybe yes
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 7:56 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,214 Thanks
    bubbs
    they need to be different barcodes then maybe yes
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Think they were the same, but dont know if SA would click as one coupon is twice the size of others
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • UNGNOME
    • By UNGNOME 7th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    UNGNOME
    Just when i think i have it sussed i get it wrong

Tried wolf blass red label shiraz earlier as it wasn't on the wine list but looked like it should work v M, but nope!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 26,247 Posts
    • 318,660 Thanks
    davemorton
    So glad to have some NH racing returning after the awful weather - and Im getting excited about Cheltenham next week

May I ask, please does anyone know if the Barolo compares at all on the APG? I do rather like this

Thank you
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Sorry, cant help with the initial question, but I too am partial to a nice Barolo, and someone got me a bottle this week from Wait rosey as it is on special (or a good price) there. I dont have a store near me so have not seen it myself, and a pressie so dont know the price, but if you frequent such stores, might be worth a look.
    Also LOVE a nice Amarone, but sadly also rather pricey.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 26,247 Posts
    • 318,660 Thanks
    davemorton
    Just when i think i have it sussed i get it wrong

Tried wolf blass red label shiraz earlier as it wasn't on the wine list but looked like it should work v M, but nope!
    Originally posted by UNGNOME
    It was working, but stopped working yesterday.
    Must have been skipping, naughty naughty!
    • UNGNOME
    • By UNGNOME 7th Mar 18, 8:23 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    UNGNOME
    It was working, but stopped working yesterday.
    Must have been skipping, naughty naughty!

Oops. That's what i get for not paying attention!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 34,534 Posts
    • 481,053 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I am sending this email to announce that after the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determinated that you are eligible to receive a tax return of 395.28 GBP.

Never mind determinated......they should be exterminated
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 34,534 Posts
    • 481,053 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Im just tick tocking
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • UNGNOME
    • By UNGNOME 7th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    UNGNOME
    wasn't paying attention again and missed that until i quoted
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 14,683 Posts
    • 236,054 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Think they were the same, but dont know if SA would click as one coupon is twice the size of others
    till will reject it.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Mar 18, 8:39 PM
    • 34,534 Posts
    • 481,053 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sorry just saw it was TM with the vegan situation. Im sure youll have fun whatever you do
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Thank you for your post lalli.....I read it with interest.
    Guests are arriving Friday and I havent done a thing

I think Im in vegan denial
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 7th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Evening all hope the elite are well xxx

Been really busy, little pony had another bad turn, we may have to make a really hard decision, soon.

TM if you need any advice or recipes please let me know, happy to help xxc
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 8:54 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,214 Thanks
    bubbs
    till will reject it.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    but what if you buy 6 and use 6 coupons, 3 of them and 3 of others? dunno why im asking , i wont be buying
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 51,718 Posts
    • 620,214 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all hope the elite are well xxx

Been really busy, little pony had another bad turn, we may have to make a really hard decision, soon.

TM if you need any advice or recipes please let me know, happy to help xxc
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Awww rhos, sorry to read that
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 26,247 Posts
    • 318,660 Thanks
    davemorton

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Well I think you should just spend the whole weekend telling them how they are killing the dolphins by wearing plastic shoes instead of leather ones. Runs and hides!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

7,887Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin