Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    locarr wrote: »
    Morning ALL!

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225:xmastree:image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225:xmastree:image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225:xmastree:image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225:xmastree:image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225:xmastree:image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225:xmastree:

Good afternoon locarr, I’m feeling ready to face one of the 2014 bottles of Baileys later on :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    shione wrote: »
    I understand the soups now but what`s with the 1/6/11 beans. Do I have to buy in multiples of 1, 6 or 11 cans. TIA.

You need at least 1 other tin to go with the 4 soups so that you pay £3 for 5 tins.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Perfect! Many thanks Anon, much appreciated. It's been an age since I've actually done a glitch shop so I'm rather rusty.
    I'll stick with my Lidl beans that are cheaper than 39p a can :D

That's right. We might stick to SP Beans. However, as regards so-called SP Beans with Sausages:eek: - they seem way too dear now and will never ever ever again remain on my lists. In fact I often use SP tins as fillers but many of those are looking very pricey now compared to 7p on some of the Heinz tins. SP peas vs 21p T?:eek: Now nearly three times the cost of the Spaghetti Sausage, Mac. Cheese etc. Normal spaghetti, including even SP spaghetti loops tins - they are now v.expensive at 14p - are working out more costly (twice the cost or more) than the Spaghetti Sausages tins and tins such as carrots are looking very expensive compared to fresh veg. earlier in the week.

"SP" seems to be about the most expensive pricey way to go:rotfl:! SP Potatoes tins are looking v.expensive compared to plenty of bags of potatoes we should still have that we bought before Christmas and SP frozen broccoli really went up in relative price due to the cheaper fresh Broccoli that was available until a few days ago - that should now be lasting us in the fridge until the New Year.
  • Long time lurker here, Just wanted to send my prayers to Sal's family. I check the thread daily and feel the love and friendship on this thread. Its funny how i have never meet anyone on here but it can bring me to tears. Sal, a lovely lady and some great wombling stories. RIP sweetheart. Sorry i am not very good with words but feel the pain on losing a friend.
    Take care everyone

Oh! if anyone is passing a Poundland they have started reducing christmas goods to 25p. Some doggie advent calenders 25P best before Dec 2019 plus other dog related stuff at 25p wrapping paper 25p. Most christmas stuff was 25p in my local store. Thought of 3dogs and our poppy with the doggie stuff. Take care x
  • 40 mph winds and heavy rain. :eek:

But thankfully no snow. :)

Got myself a chicken curry from the Co op - 65p after moc.

And a tin of shortbread for £2.

Had an email from MyMail with 500 bonus points, need to enter a unique number, will do that tomorrow.

I have now had my 3rd mince pie of the season. They really are very nice - they are the Cognac-steeped ones from Aldi, the nicest I've ever had even though I'm not eating so many. I think they were 1.25 for 6. :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    altojack wrote: »
    Good afternoon locarr, I’m feeling ready to face one of the 2014 bottles of Baileys later on :D

That's a lot of bottles of Bailey's! :eek::D

1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Heinz Beanz in Barbecue Sauce (390g) £0.95 £0.60
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    5x Heinz Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g) £5.35 £3.00
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Heinz Spaghetti with Sausages in Tomato Sauce (400g) £4.28 £2.40
    1x Heinz Five Beanz (415g) £0.95 £0.60
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages in a Tomato Sauce (415g) £4.28 £2.40
    5x Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese (400g) £5.35 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £21.46 £12.30
    +£9.16 cheaper

Thanks OP et al.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Afternoon all

Well AP was ok today 2 x £3. greggs and 1 x£5 greggs plus one M&S coke DH walked away as I was putting through 5 items separately

Homebase had Brier gloves with dots on them Only grey coloured but 4 pairs for 50p DH says they are for use when using tools but he will just use them when gardening

I got 2 nice small baskets for next year plus a few cardboard boxes to start proper storage I WILL MAKE A LIST OF STUFF I BUY ;)

Feet up for a half hour and it is whoopsied fish and HM chips for dinner :money:

Met a girl I went to school with She eloped at 16 and is still very happily married 46 years later :T We are going to do coffee :)

Catch up laters
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    40 mph winds and heavy rain. :eek:

Had an email from MyMail with 500 bonus points, need to enter a unique number, will do that tomorrow.

I have now had my 3rd mince pie of the season. They really are very nice - they are the Cognac-steeped ones from Aldi, the nicest I've ever had even though I'm not eating so many. I think they were 1.25 for 6. :)

I had the 500 points email today - but, having just entered todays unique number, there is no sign of the bonus points, just the normal 5 points !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    40 mph winds and heavy rain. :eek:

I have[B] now had my 3rd mince pie of the season. They really are very nice - they are the Cognac-steeped ones from Aldi, the nicest I've ever had even though I'm not eating so many. I think they were 1.25 for 6. :)
    [/B]

I got waitrose chocolate and ginger mince pies as part of a gift Cant get my head round the combination yet
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thank you to the beanzz OP and testers.

beanzz.jpg

My A also had nets of easy peelers for 15p, 4 lemons for 10p and bags of carrots for 5p.
    Hippeas also 90p back on CoS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport