Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,443Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1205
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 5:32 PM
    • 26,265 Posts
    • 318,802 Thanks
    davemorton
    Sorry everyone, not took much notice of the offer on the wine.

Can someone help, a friend is having a party and doing her own wine and prosecco, and has now asked for my help, as I told her there is an offer on.

What do I need to do??
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I would just copy shops. Depends how large an APG she would be happy with buy buy 3/6/more of the bottles of wine on the list a few pages back, with suitable fillers.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • rustyhead
    • By rustyhead 7th Mar 18, 5:44 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    rustyhead
    lurker popping in

Martini Asti compared to M today they are selling it for 6 isnt asda expensive
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Mar 18, 5:46 PM
    • 17,148 Posts
    • 209,251 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone still hasn't got their cashback items yet for TCB groceries today is the final day.

I got
    twin packs of ginsters Cornish pasties for 1 - 5op cashback
    wonky potatoes 1 with 50p cashback

The Heinz tom ketchup 460g is also 1.50 in Morrison with 1 cashback

that's a cheap dinner sorted out
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Mar 18, 6:09 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 7,772 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    So glad to have some NH racing returning after the awful weather - and Im getting excited about Cheltenham next week

May I ask, please does anyone know if the Barolo compares at all on the APG? I do rather like this

Thank you
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:13 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Need to catch up
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Mar 18, 6:13 PM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 59,695 Thanks
    gocat
    If anyone still hasn't got their cashback items yet for TCB groceries today is the final day.

I got
    twin packs of ginsters Cornish pasties for 1 - 5op cashback
    wonky potatoes 1 with 50p cashback

The Heinz tom ketchup 460g is also 1.50 in Morrison with 1 cashback

that's a cheap dinner sorted out
    Originally posted by mhoc
    This compares in a A vs M shop too . So good for a filler and cb
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 7th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 14,428 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Evening,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the comparison for pork shoulder on APG please? Need to buy one and tempted to bung it in with wine but scared it might wipe out my APG!! Thank you
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 36,698 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Ill pm you my settings in a bit.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Zippy, would you send them to me too please? Thank you in advance.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 36,698 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Well I've downloaded the app and there is no sign of any cake - deep sobbing.
    Am I looking in the wrong place ...
    I found it in my account under rewards or something.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 6:23 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 36,698 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Edinburgh to Haymarket rings a bell.

Though not sure on the Scottish restrictions on unaccompanied children
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Its the 10.28 Edinburgh Waverley to Haymarket your virtual child needs 1.20.

And don't forget to mark it on the calendar for the week you need to take to nectar on FB to chase your points up

I only had a 500 points offer on my card, not on OHs account but I thought that 500 points for a 1.20 spend is still good enough.

On our accounts there are a lot of offers expiring or expired yesterday so I will have another look to see if anything new has popped up
    Thank you, both. I shall do this and mark the calendar.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:24 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning all

Di I hope you had a restful night and remember to rest up

Well I may participate in your wine gliche if there is an Asda sufficiently close by Will wave as I pass all strategic points

I managed to get a discretionary blue badge and am so looking forward to using it when away Its ok here as I don't generally go far.
    Up here we can park almost indefinitely but I have my 3 hour badge timer to take

Dave Belated birthday wishes and enjoy the weekend celebrations

Take care and enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Glad you have got one and dont be afraid to use it x
    No I cant stand wine and think red wine smells like sweaty feet
    Originally posted by tweets
    I am another, wouldnt say smelly feet would say vinegar
    Oh No! Assume they have fixed the pipes if you now have water. Would insurance cover the damage to the washing machine?

Reassure me that either the bucket and pipe end are outside or your have a carbon monoxide alarm. There is a small risk of CO coming through the condensate pipe.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    The pressure is lower, but lots of people still have burst pipes in there vans/lodges. No not covered on insurance, we have bought a new one now, luckily we can afford to go and but one, not everyone is so lucky Seen alot of washers on peoples drives
    Lots of people have problems with there boilers too
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:27 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs

GOUT

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Ouch!!! hope you got it sorted?
    Bless you mrsmac

When my cancer spread to my spine last year, I received a Blue Badge. But the looks I got from some people when parking in disabled bays at supermarkets

The last time I used it was months ago when I was with my wife and daughter - and a man walking behind us shouted to me it must really hurt

Im a proud person, and I will do my utmost to hide my pain - especially in front of my teenage DD, she silently worries enough about me.

Perhaps an opportune time to kindly ask/remind people not to be so judgemental on appearances/hidden disabilities.
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone

Totally agree, no one knows anyone else health Bless your DD, don't let ignorance make you not use it xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    I hope you are not going to be bringing us any more show midwinter!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    What sort of show is she giving us?

So today I was meant too of been going to Cheshire Oaks as annual birthday treat from Other Sister
    But overnight developed the foot of extreme pain

Had to take co codomal to be able to sleep - I can't put any weight on it.
    So I now have been triaged at Drs & have an appt at 10.50am.
    Other Sister coming down to take me
    But, I have to tackle the stairs & walk to the car park first

Fourp has found a crutch & I have my thumb stick too

Plus I'm seeing a Dr who judges me by my weight rather than my symptoms ...

Right I need to find a sandal I can put on
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hope you had a good day, that really annoys me with docs

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction with your insurance company,
    Chin up, yu have overcome smoking and weight, anything else is seemples
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Not covered
    I am not letting it worry me, lucky to be able to afford another one
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    Last day for using T mag coupon (Feb) for Yeo Valley bio light
    yoghurt 4 pack, then claim 50p cos.
    Originally posted by Moufflon
    New mags are out nothing really interesting , 5 off 25 f&f clothing, vegi bites, they would work out cheap there are 2 coupons for this one at the front and one in the middle, if you couls use them together i dont know
    Just catching up. Still unwell and not doing much in the evening.

Thank you so, so, much for this. I am very grateful. Hoping to go shopping for wine before too long.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Hope you soon get better xxx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:38 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    It was so lovely to sleep in my own bed nest to dh I didn't think that would ever happen again.
    Lots of visitors today including my favourite two girls dd and dgd. Dd has washed and dried my hair and I'm just about to have my nails done.
    Today is a good day.
    Got a hospital appointment next tuesday so hoping the wine is still working whilst I'll have a lift.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    glad you had a good sleep gd must be about 10 months?
    Totally agree. Mine is for mobility impairment, sore but not life threatening like you.

It is difficult not to judge when a youngster jumps out of a car, races to the trollies or cash point. It makes me annoyed that they have so little respect for other people

Take care on your journey and it must be difficult with youngsters to consider

TBH I have learned a lot from being a member of the Elite. Yes saving money, getting better deals on services, holidays etc but also about life that does not directly me. It often makes me humble. Will leave it at that before I upset myself with others positivity .
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Very well said
    Yea, I think possibly on another planet
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    You are a cheeky b00ger
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:42 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    Got my Home & contents renewal email from Aviva today. Last year was 98 less 50 CB, so a net 48.. Renewal this year 148

Cover for house and 20000 contents, no accidental cover 400 excess on both.

Today after scraping quotes and sifting through cashbacks, then seeing quotes different from comparisons I settled on.....
    SAGA (Yes I am an old git) Same cover except excess only 350. CB is 70, but if I include legal cover at 24 extra I would get 101 CB, so get paid 7 to take Legal cover.
    None of the additional charges such as accidental cover, emergency stuff etc.

SO drum roll....... quote was 124, so bought it, cashback (hopefully) 101, so a net 23 for the year, my BEST ever!!!

How the heck do peeps stay with their existing provider, mine gave an increase of 51% totally shocking, especially with no claims and no change in circumstances.

Anyone managed less so far this year?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    well done

Get me an invite
    Originally posted by davemorton

lurker popping in

Martini Asti compared to M today they are selling it for 6 isnt asda expensive
    Originally posted by rustyhead
    Thanks know someone that wants some
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Mar 18, 6:42 PM
    • 17,148 Posts
    • 209,251 Thanks
    mhoc
    I found it in my account under rewards or something.
    I've got my Reward preferences but sadly it is blank ..
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 51,746 Posts
    • 620,384 Thanks
    bubbs
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73964009&postcount=2463
    Dont forget Sarah and Waffle x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • annieme
    • By annieme 7th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 5,858 Thanks
    annieme
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?
    Thank you for that, Ive not had any rewards or treats from JL since they started apart from vouchers for tea & cake once. I didnt know they were still giving them. Ive downloaded the app & no treats showing so I phoned them. Apparently theyre having trouble with the app. Theyre changing the treats to tailor them to the individual, whatever thats going to mean. Probably wont be as good as what it was, a bit like the removal of Ws pick your own. Theyve looked into my account & apparently I opted out, I dont remember that. Anyway theyre going to send me some vouchers in the post. Itll be interesting to see what everyone gets in future.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    • 19,331 Posts
    • 208,612 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    What sort of show is she giving us?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Well spotted, I seriously didn't notice that one

Well, I have heard back from TalkMobile about my NUC for my phone, and they have escalated the issue to a higher level. Why could they not reply like that in the first place! Will have to wait and see if they come back with anything useful. If not I will buy one off Ebay.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,354Posts Today

6,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin