Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,489Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1204
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Mar 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3,929 Posts
    • 54,363 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Bless you mrsmac

When my cancer spread to my spine last year, I received a Blue Badge. But the looks I got from some people when parking in disabled bays at supermarkets

The last time I used it was months ago when I was with my wife and daughter - and a man walking behind us shouted to me it must really hurt

Im a proud person, and I will do my utmost to hide my pain - especially in front of my teenage DD, she silently worries enough about me.

Perhaps an opportune time to kindly ask/remind people not to be so judgemental on appearances/hidden disabilities.
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Totally agree. Mine is for mobility impairment, sore but not life threatening like you.

It is difficult not to judge when a youngster jumps out of a car, races to the trollies or cash point. It makes me annoyed that they have so little respect for other people

Take care on your journey and it must be difficult with youngsters to consider

TBH I have learned a lot from being a member of the Elite. Yes saving money, getting better deals on services, holidays etc but also about life that does not directly me. It often makes me humble. Will leave it at that before I upset myself with others positivity .
    Retired
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    • 17,308 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    It was so lovely to sleep in my own bed nest to dh I didn't think that would ever happen again.
    Lots of visitors today including my favourite two girls dd and dgd. Dd has washed and dried my hair and I'm just about to have my nails done.
    Today is a good day.
    Got a hospital appointment next tuesday so hoping the wine is still working whilst I'll have a lift.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Very glad that you are back home
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    • 17,308 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Well I've downloaded the app and there is no sign of any cake - deep sobbing.
    Am I looking in the wrong place ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 37,345 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Am I looking in the wrong place ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Yea, I think possibly on another planet
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 17,308 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've just realised that as well as the West Coast Virgin offer on Nectar, I have an East Coast one for 1000 points too. Would someone kindly remind me where my child needs to go for that one please?
    Its the 10.28 Edinburgh Waverley to Haymarket your virtual child needs 1.20.

And don't forget to mark it on the calendar for the week you need to take to nectar on FB to chase your points up

I only had a 500 points offer on my card, not on OHs account but I thought that 500 points for a 1.20 spend is still good enough.

On our accounts there are a lot of offers expiring or expired yesterday so I will have another look to see if anything new has popped up
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 17,308 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yea, I think possibly on another planet
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Yes I am possibly hoping for too much to get free coffee and cake from John Lewis but my mother always did say I lived in a fantasy world

A couple of times on OOO2 app the Neros offer has popped up - buy a cake or slice and get a free hot drink (often in conjunction with the app or Amex discount offers) so we have had very nice cake and hot chocolate with cream for 2 or 1.80 - a very good alternative to the vanishing JL cake offer ...
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Mar 18, 3:45 PM
    • 37,308 Posts
    • 157,166 Thanks
    silvercar
    If you have Virgin Train and Virgin west coast accounts to take advantage of Nectar points, remember also that each verified account on the Virgin Red app gives you 250 points each at the start of every month. It also means your Virgin Red account is verified, giving you access to even more freebies and prize draws.

eg this month every verifed account was given a free card from thortful (an online card sending app)
    • sirbaksiu
    • By sirbaksiu 7th Mar 18, 3:46 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    sirbaksiu
    Hooray!
    I was told this was returning N/A before but it looks like the price collection is now on Monday. The other option is that this is a Scottish thing - with M being picked up in England and Wales but possibly not Scotland. Can shoppers in Scotland confirm the comparison vs M is okay? I think the Villa Maria picking up 7 for M was posted yesterday and the price collection was probably still on last Wednesday when, afaik, the product was 7 in .
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer

I dont think many of us is partaking in wine glitch as Scottish supermarkets do not have 3f2 on alcohol
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 7th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 2,621 Posts
    • 42,969 Thanks
    izzy65
    Hooray!
    I was told this was returning N/A before but it looks like the price collection is now on Monday. The other option is that this is a Scottish thing - with M being picked up in England and Wales but possibly not Scotland. Can shoppers in Scotland confirm the comparison vs M is okay? I think the Villa Maria picking up 7 for M was posted yesterday and the price collection was probably still on last Wednesday when, afaik, the product was 7 in M.

In M today, I am not seeing much change. However, the SP chips, which should currently be getting 86p for M, may see another increase in the M price soon. This is now the third price increase in M in about a month and I am now seeing 90p in M. Whether it is a price increase of 15p from 75p to 90p or whether it is 6p plus 5p plus 4p, it is still 15p! They seem to have taken the incremental approach of small changes at a time as increasing straight from 75p to 90p may have been seen by more customers as unacceptable - however the end result for purchases made now is the same.

Otherwise, some men's razors have gone to full price in M, the offer on Lowicz Raspberry Syrup has ended - now 1.17 - I am going to move the product to Avs T until 20/3, and I need to check some Whiskas cat food further as I am now getting full price SELs but online is still saying 3 across all the applicable range. It looks like the RTC on Swizzels Superstars mix sweets tubs is off as they are now 3. However, Surf Tropical 90 wash washing powder is still 7.

Various lamb cuts are in the process of effectively going up in price from 5/Kg to higher prices and some people may already have only the higher priced stock available to them of some or all of the products they have. Older stock is still 5/Kg, some of which is on its UB date and therefore even cheaper today on store mark-down. I have newer stock at higher prices - Lamb Breast will be going to 6.33/Kg once all 5/Kg stock and stock on its UB is gone; Stuffed Lamb Breast to 6.58/Kg; Lamb Ribs and Lamb Shoulder to 6.33/Kg; and Minty Lamb Ribs 6.58/Kg. The Pork Shoulder (comparable from A) was 2.50 before - I now have new stock at 3.77/Kg. However, the 3/Kg gammon joints are still available and I have new stock now taking one of them to potentially 2nd April expiry date.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Savvy just what sirbaksiu said
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 30,714 Thanks
    curl girl
    Hi curl girl. Paste your list into a word processing programme and then copy it from there. It sorts itself like magic. No idea why but someone on here told me that.
    Thanks I will try next time.
    That was the first time I've ever copied anything to mse so surprised I managed to transfer anything at all!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Mar 18, 4:41 PM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 30,714 Thanks
    curl girl
    Savvy.
    Mum bought a large gammon joint on Sunday from M 3 kg.
    Do you know if it's still on offer please?
    She only told me today.....

Edit. Sorry savvy just read your post.
    Thanks.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 6,707 Posts
    • 90,688 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Sorry everyone, not took much notice of the offer on the wine.

Can someone help, a friend is having a party and doing her own wine and prosecco, and has now asked for my help, as I told her there is an offer on.

What do I need to do??
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 14,805 Posts
    • 237,130 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Hi curl girl. Paste your list into a word processing programme and then copy it from there. It sorts itself like magic. No idea why but someone on here told me that.
    Chrisv used to do that. Till I put her right. It will sort itself out if you change your Mse settings
    Last edited by zippydooda; 07-03-2018 at 5:15 PM.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Mar 18, 5:13 PM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 30,714 Thanks
    curl girl
    Chrisv used to do that. Till I put her right. It will sort itself out if you chang your Mse settings
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    What do I need to change in the settings please zippy?
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 7th Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 27,970 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Home Insurance Renewal
    Got my Home & contents renewal email from Aviva today. Last year was 98 less 50 CB, so a net 48.. Renewal this year 148

Cover for house and 20000 contents, no accidental cover 400 excess on both.

Today after scraping quotes and sifting through cashbacks, then seeing quotes different from comparisons I settled on.....
    SAGA (Yes I am an old git) Same cover except excess only 350. CB is 70, but if I include legal cover at 24 extra I would get 101 CB, so get paid 7 to take Legal cover.
    None of the additional charges such as accidental cover, emergency stuff etc.

SO drum roll....... quote was 124, so bought it, cashback (hopefully) 101, so a net 23 for the year, my BEST ever!!!

How the heck do peeps stay with their existing provider, mine gave an increase of 51% totally shocking, especially with no claims and no change in circumstances.

Anyone managed less so far this year?
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Mar 18, 5:17 PM
    • 14,805 Posts
    • 237,130 Thanks
    zippydooda
    What do I need to change in the settings please zippy?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Ill pm you my settings in a bit.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 5:20 PM
    • 26,404 Posts
    • 319,876 Thanks
    davemorton
    Sorry everyone, not took much notice of the offer on the wine.

Can someone help, a friend is having a party and doing her own wine and prosecco, and has now asked for my help, as I told her there is an offer on.

What do I need to do??
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Get me an invite
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 5:22 PM
    • 26,404 Posts
    • 319,876 Thanks
    davemorton
    Ill pm you my bits in a nice setting.
    Originally posted by zippydooda

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Mar 18, 5:25 PM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 30,714 Thanks
    curl girl
    Get me an invite
    Originally posted by davemorton
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    Friex ok at 3 . Thanks OP

A vs M

1x Heinz Tomato Ketchup (460g) 1.75 1.50
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.12
    1x ASDA Fat Free Quark (250g) 0.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) 5.00 3.75
    1x Pepsi Max Cans (8x330) 3.00 3.00
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Cherries & Berries Squash (1.5l) 1.00 1.24
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) 0.30 0.30
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) 1.09 1.10
    3x Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C. (75cl) 35.94 27.00
    1x Ribena No Added Sugar Winter Spice (850ml) 2.46 2.48
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

574Posts Today

5,655Users online

Martin's Twitter