Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,437Posts
    • 36,749Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1203
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 7th Mar 18, 12:58 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 42,916 Thanks
    izzy65
    Oops just realised it well past morning, think I lost an hour
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Mar 18, 1:00 PM
    • 14,920 Posts
    • 256,189 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Talk about going round in circles.

I have a phone I am trying to unlock, it is locked to Vodafone but I am on TalkMobile.

I asked TalkMobile for the unlock code, they sent it and it did not work. They referred me to the manufacturer who, very condescendingly, said basically nothing to do with them. I have been on live chat with Vodafone and they said go in store where they can help. Went in store and they could not help, bar saying that I would have to have a PAYG sim with them in the phone for 30 days before they would give me an NUC.

I have now emailed TalkMobile back to ask them to try again.

If anyone has a better idea please tell me. I have even asked someone on ebay if the fact it is locked to Vodafone but I am using it on Talk Mobile but I really don't think they understood the question!!

Then I sat down and typed this out and lost it the first time.

Please excuse me while I go and bang my head against a brick wall!!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Could you not just get it unlocked with local phone shop for a couple of quid? Or buy a code from eBay?

Bestest xx
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 26,247 Posts
    • 318,660 Thanks
    davemorton
    No I cant stand wine and think red wine smells like sweaty feet
    Originally posted by tweets
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Mar 18, 1:13 PM
    • 19,306 Posts
    • 208,417 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Could you not just get it unlocked with local phone shop for a couple of quid? Or buy a code from eBay?

Bestest xx
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I was quoted anywhere between 25 - 30 in phone shops You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Thinking about buying a code off Ebay, but need to be sure it would work, think there is a limit to the number of times you can put in an unlock code, in danger of exceeding it Just not sure that Vodafone one will work as have been on TalkMobile so long, they said something about it would not be on their files unless i rejoined, whether that is true or not i do not know.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Danigrace
    • By Danigrace 7th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    Danigrace
    All good with the prosecco this morning vs W. Thank you OP

1x ASDA No Added Sugar Blueberry & Raspberry Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1lt) 0.40 N/A
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Lemon & Lime Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 N/A
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Blackberry & Elderflower Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1lt) 0.40 N/A
    1x ASDA Bourbon Biscuits (300g) 0.36 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Pasta Shapes (500g) 0.32 N/A
    1x ASDA Longlife Skimmed Milk X6 (6x1l) 4.75 4.25
    1x ASDA Fruit Burst Hand Wash (500ml) 0.55 N/A
    1x ASDA Strawberry & Vanilla Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 N/A
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (1kg) 0.64 0.69
    1x Pepsi Max Cans (8x330) 3.00 2.50
    3x Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C. (75cl) 35.94 27.00
    Last edited by Danigrace; 07-03-2018 at 1:55 PM.
    Danigrace
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 5,106 Posts
    • 59,643 Thanks
    gocat
    All good with the prosecco this morning. Thank you OP

1x ASDA No Added Sugar Blueberry & Raspberry Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1lt) 0.40 N/A
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Lemon & Lime Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 N/A
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Blackberry & Elderflower Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1lt) 0.40 N/A
    1x ASDA Bourbon Biscuits (300g) 0.36 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Pasta Shapes (500g) 0.32 N/A
    1x ASDA Longlife Skimmed Milk X6 (6x1l) 4.75 4.25
    1x ASDA Fruit Burst Hand Wash (500ml) 0.55 N/A
    1x ASDA Strawberry & Vanilla Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 N/A
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (1kg) 0.64 0.69
    1x Pepsi Max Cans (8x330) 3.00 2.50
    Originally posted by Danigrace
    Does the prosecco work vs M as well as W please. Think I read it did but might have imagined it
    tia
    • Danigrace
    • By Danigrace 7th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 2,035 Thanks
    Danigrace
    Does the prosecco work vs M as well as W please. Think I read it did but might have imagined it
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes, it's the same return vs M
    Danigrace
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Mar 18, 2:09 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    This is the chicken JTS posted, not sure of barcode, but seems to match up
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thank you, I didn't think to post the barcode : 5 054781 380177

It's the EXTRA TASTY one that is 1.5 kg in a bag
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:10 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    [QUOTE=Saversue;73983635]
    Have we remembered free fish? Credit goes to the OP.

https://www.princes.co.uk/mackerelcouponing

You can leave the phone number blank and invent an email address and postcode.

Don't do what I did and put the product for name and an x for post code when printing coupons for family members - looks like they have the same
    unique code, even though different.

Can't believe those little tins are 1.40 in Tesco
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I know, price is mad. shame they can't be used as a filler but I'm not complaining about free food.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:11 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    thank you, id like to confirm that it does work.
    i got a 50 jl/waitrose gc
    i got 1250 points (normal every day offer) on the day
    today 4000 points were added as i spent at least 40
    (it dos state it takes up to 3 days for bonus to be added)
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    thanks Zippy! Good to know this.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Originally posted by davemorton
    This has me chuckling out loud
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Is this better?

wine asda Other suppermarket Each after apg Supermarket APG for 3

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 9.48 7.00 3.14 Morrisons 9.54

Freixenet Prosecco (750ml) 11.98 9.00 4.11 Waitrose 11.64

Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 8.98 8.00 4.21 sainsburys 5.34

Monopole blue top champagne 27.00 20.00 9.00 sainsburys 27.00

Martini Asti Spumante 8.98 7.50 3.76 sainsburys 6.69

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne 35.00 27.00 12.63 waitrose 32.10
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Just catching up. Still unwell and not doing much in the evening.

Thank you so, so, much for this. I am very grateful. Hoping to go shopping for wine before too long.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    could you colour code each line according to type of wine,
    red, white, fizzy ect

only if its not too much trouble.

i am kidding
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I have had dry lips aswell, and cracking, the best thing I have used for the last few days is Blistex Moisturiser, it smells a bit like toothpaste, but it sinks right in, put loads on when you go to bed.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    thank you for this. I am suffering ever since I ran out of the original blue Lypsyl. The new stuff is softer, you use more, and it just doesn't work for me.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:49 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsdaMorrisons1x ASDA Variety Crisps (6x25g)0.85N/A2x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g)0.20N/A0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)0.110.101x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg)1.351.181x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk)0.100.101x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl)6.487.003x Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl)19.4415.001x ASDA Grower's Selection Broccoli (360g)0.600.571x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg)5.003.752x Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl)12.9612.00Comparison total (compared products only)46.0439.70+6.34cheaper

For your information:

Wine shop
    Please advise how to tidy!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Hi curl girl. Paste your list into a word processing programme and then copy it from there. It sorts itself like magic. No idea why but someone on here told me that.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 2:52 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I've just realised that as well as the West Coast Virgin offer on Nectar, I have an East Coast one for 1000 points too. Would someone kindly remind me where my child needs to go for that one please?
    • redfox
    • By redfox 7th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 13,437 Posts
    • 36,749 Thanks
    redfox
    quick reminder that codes are not allowed to be posted on here.

A post has been removed.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,191 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Yes, it's the same return vs M
    Originally posted by Danigrace
    Hooray!
    I was told this was returning N/A before but it looks like the price collection is now on Monday. The other option is that this is a Scottish thing - with M being picked up in England and Wales but possibly not Scotland. Can shoppers in Scotland confirm the comparison vs M is okay? I think the Villa Maria picking up 7 for M was posted yesterday and the price collection was probably still on last Wednesday when, afaik, the product was 7 in M.

In M today, I am not seeing much change. However, the SP chips, which should currently be getting 86p for M, may see another increase in the M price soon. This is now the third price increase in M in about a month and I am now seeing 90p in M. Whether it is a price increase of 15p from 75p to 90p or whether it is 6p plus 5p plus 4p, it is still 15p! They seem to have taken the incremental approach of small changes at a time as increasing straight from 75p to 90p may have been seen by more customers as unacceptable - however the end result for purchases made now is the same.

Otherwise, some men's razors have gone to full price in M, the offer on Lowicz Raspberry Syrup has ended - now 1.17 - I am going to move the product to Avs T until 20/3, and I need to check some Whiskas cat food further as I am now getting full price SELs but online is still saying 3 across all the applicable range. It looks like the RTC on Swizzels Superstars mix sweets tubs is off as they are now 3. However, Surf Tropical 90 wash washing powder is still 7.

Various lamb cuts are in the process of effectively going up in price from 5/Kg to higher prices and some people may already have only the higher priced stock available to them of some or all of the products they have. Older stock is still 5/Kg, some of which is on its UB date and therefore even cheaper today on store mark-down. I have newer stock at higher prices - Lamb Breast will be going to 6.33/Kg once all 5/Kg stock and stock on its UB is gone; Stuffed Lamb Breast to 6.58/Kg; Lamb Ribs and Lamb Shoulder to 6.33/Kg; and Minty Lamb Ribs 6.58/Kg. The Pork Shoulder (comparable from A) was 2.50/Kg before - I now have new stock at 3.77/Kg. However, the 3/Kg gammon joints are still available and I have new stock now taking one of them to potentially 2nd April expiry date.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-03-2018 at 1:38 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Mar 18, 3:09 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,661 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?
    • dollywops
    • By dollywops 7th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 2,861 Thanks
    dollywops
    Does anyone remember the nivea lip things we got for free or very cheap. Been using one for the past few days as my lips are cracked and sore and it doesnt seem to be helping. Infact they seem worse
    Wondering if anyone else had, had this problem with them.
    Originally posted by gocat

Haven't been using Nivea, but have had this problem over the last few months. Carmex worked for me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,526Posts Today

8,137Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin