Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,427Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1194
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Mar 18, 5:10 PM
    • 14,654 Posts
    • 235,776 Thanks
    zippydooda
    morrisons

ive had an email saying if i spend 40 i get 4000 more points.

i know t&c state gc's arn't included

im sure i read on here someone said gc's do count.

can that person confirm please or was i dreaming
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    good morning everyone

i did get the extra more points in January when buying 50 gift card
    Originally posted by i been robbed
    thank you, id like to confirm that it does work.
    i got a 50 jl/waitrose gc
    i got 1250 points (normal every day offer) on the day
    today 4000 points were added as i spent at least 40
    (it dos state it takes up to 3 days for bonus to be added)
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    • 17,095 Posts
    • 208,814 Thanks
    mhoc
    From a shop today....Might help for Morrisons shops

A v M

1x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) 1.35 1.18
    1x Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Dark Roast Instant Coffee (190g) 6.99 5.00
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    potatoes are on TCB groceries cashback - only 30p but even so ...

I've been checking wombles all week and no one is buying potatoes in 2.5kg bags - what is wrong with people. I've seen quite a few new potatoes - its not even the season for them yet ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Mar 18, 5:15 PM
    • 14,654 Posts
    • 235,776 Thanks
    zippydooda
    [QUOTE=Saversue;73983635]
    Have we remembered free fish? Credit goes to the OP.

https://www.princes.co.uk/mackerelcouponing

You can leave the phone number blank and invent an email address and postcode.

Don't do what I did and put the product for name and an x for post code when printing coupons for family members - looks like they have the same
    unique code, even though different.

Can't believe those little tins are 1.40 in Tesco
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    they do not have the same unique code. the qr codes are different
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 5:22 PM
    • 17,095 Posts
    • 208,814 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just been up to Sainsbobs to get Stork baking cup cakes for COS - they were very sneaky adding it to the list so late in the morning.

I also got Dreamies cat treats for 1 as I had a till spit for 100 points so they were free. Its the wrong size for GJ but I thought I would try uploading the receipt anyway. It was rejected almost straight away ... oh well I tried.

Also I wombled on the last vivist a till spit for 140 points for Muller velvet which is still on offer for 1 so technically free and a profit.

And on one of todays wombles was raspberries - 50p cashback on GJ so that makes up for rejecting the dreamies

We are having a lazy pizza evening - one of those kna**erring days - bed changing and trying to get the garden in some sort of order as Errant son has turned it into a lumber yard. As an experiment I got for him a large basic cheese and tomato pizza as a base for 1.60 and then he can pile pepperoni, ham and slithers of peppers on top and turn it into something fabulous.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 5:23 PM
    • 17,095 Posts
    • 208,814 Thanks
    mhoc
    I did the same on March 4th so it might be a few days yet, I also got the basic 1265 points and these are showing - only just over 600 point until the next voucher
    Last edited by mhoc; 06-03-2018 at 5:27 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 5:34 PM
    • 17,095 Posts
    • 208,814 Thanks
    mhoc
    Back from theatre all done and they're talking about me going homeo
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Excellent - they must be fed up of you to want to send you home so soon - almost as fed up as you are of you being in there.
    What a cheek that they thought they were going to nab the wine!

You just have to be extra kind to yourself when you do get home, do nothing whatsoever - 3 ops in such a short time you must have a good constitution but it takes days for anaesthetic to finally leave your system
    • hippychicky
    • By hippychicky 6th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 9,636 Thanks
    hippychicky
    Was just coming on to confirm this also worked for me.
    I also got a till spit from the petrol station for 5000 extra points when you spend 50 in store today and despite the young man on the till trying to input this numerous times/ways for my purchase of gift cards the till would not accept it. Shame
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Mar 18, 5:41 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Thanks everyone just waiting for my medication and then im off home. Oh has done a run to the car with the wine. It's was a bit awkward as I changed onto a ward whilstbi was in theatre so they moved my wine into the office but apparently the staff thought it was for them. It's the biggest ward you've seen in your life and you can't give to some and not others.
    So hopefully not long now you've all kept me going thank you x
    OOps!!.... just after I discovered the 'Elite' I had an operation that turned out much worse than anticipated. On being discharged 2 and a half weeks later I asked DH to bring in the 2 tubs of Heroes/Celebrations that were in the boot of my car! Also left then the M&S (very sour) grapes that my brother brought in!

My SiL brought me wine in as she couldn't think of anything else I would want/need she is a bit 'posh' though, I had asked for an extra nightie, said one of those Sada T-shirt type ones, she brought in a really grannyfied nightie , from sada, but in a 'House of Fraser' posh carrier!! DH also asked her to bring me in something to eat (soft diet at the time) well she brought in Brie, cranberry and bacon sandwich in a crusty seeded bun!!
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 6th Mar 18, 5:41 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 7,611 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone

Hope you are having a good one
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Excellent - they must be fed up of you to want to send you home so soon - almost as fed up as you are of you being in there.
    What a cheek that they thought they were going to nab the wine!

You just have to be extra kind to yourself when you do get home, do nothing whatsoever - 3 ops in such a short time you must have a good constitution but it takes days for anaesthetic to finally leave your system
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Mhoc is right, anaesthetic stays in your system for quite some time.
    Take it easy lovey!
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 6th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    I had an Iceland order in for delivery today to get the HSBC visa offer of 10 back when you spend 30. I actually put in an order for just over 35 to get TCB 12% (I think). Well, when it was delivered they had missed off toilet rolls and brought the total down to 29.74. So no HSBC VISA cashback.

I had a similar thing happen with the Boden 20 cashback. Boden sent my order as two separate deliveries and two charges to my Visa card so no cashback as spend amount not met in one order. I had to spend weeks emailing them and eventually got paid the cashback.

Just wondering whether other people were having these types of issues. are they trying to avoid paying the cashback ?

SnS
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 6th Mar 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 42,916 Thanks
    izzy65
    Di delighted your getting out, please take it easy as others have said the generals take their toll and when the adrenaline drops you will feel it, just be kind to yourself
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 17,095 Posts
    • 208,814 Thanks
    mhoc
    Check your nectar accounts online - quite a few offers are expiring in the next day or 2 but also some new ones appearing.

I've got on both of our cards spend 20 in Tu and get 100 bonus points - although it does not state what the valid clothing is.
    Load to your card to activate it and then remember to chase it up in a months time

2.Purchase valid Tu Clothing products in-store or online between 06 - 14 March 2018

Some people have also had spend 20 get 2 back till spits

Possibly more exciting offers will go live this week ...
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 6th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    [QUOTE=zippydooda;73984106]

they do not have the same unique code. the qr codes are different
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Yes I know that but try explaining that to the SA or Supervisor, if trying to use more than one at a time. (Remember I do all the shopping for my Mum and Aunt and sometimes others as well)
    e.g. "yes I know they look the same , but if you study the qr codes carefully, you will see they are all different" Would send them into meltdown.

Just to clarify, would be putting them through in different transactions at the same time, in-case anyone is worried about the terms and conditions.
    Last edited by Saversue; 06-03-2018 at 6:35 PM.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Mar 18, 6:40 PM
    • 3,182 Posts
    • 48,971 Thanks
    elainemn
    Well done Elaine for compiling a list

Did you find a coffee jar yesterday?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Hi TM. There was a couple left, but they were damaged. Got a 3 pack on roll back to 4 instead. They are smaller so fit better in my cupboard.

I have nt done any wine shops yet, just enjoy doing the list. I am very sad!
    Last edited by elainemn; 06-03-2018 at 7:00 PM.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 3,182 Posts
    • 48,971 Thanks
    elainemn
    Sorry, back to the wine. Do we buy 3 of each bottles please? I saw that some people were buying 6. Was that for a reason? I'm thinking that keeping the APG down might be a good plan.

Elaine, is it a terrible cheek to suggest that, if you have time, you add to your wonderful list what the APG would end up being please? Ignore that request please if it is too much to ask.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I have it on excel spread sheet anyway. Will I just add APG for buying in 3 of the same? Remember the Morries need to be in multiples of 2, so will need to buy in 6's.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 3,182 Posts
    • 48,971 Thanks
    elainemn
    Back from theatre all done and they're talking about me going homeo
    Great news
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 6th Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 37,343 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    I had an Iceland order in for delivery today to get the HSBC visa offer of 10 back when you spend 30. I actually put in an order for just over 35 to get TCB 12% (I think). Well, when it was delivered they had missed off toilet rolls and brought the total down to 29.74. So no HSBC VISA cashback.

I had a similar thing happen with the Boden 20 cashback. Boden sent my order as two separate deliveries and two charges to my Visa card so no cashback as spend amount not met in one order. I had to spend weeks emailing them and eventually got paid the cashback.

Just wondering whether other people were having these types of issues. are they trying to avoid paying the cashback ?

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    That's paranoia at it's best. Missed off or none in stock ? The pickers/packers/invoice(ers) wouldn't have a clue that you're paying via an HSBC card and wanting to get cash back. UNLUCKY, that's all. Next time reject the whole order and ask them to process in full if it's a missed item
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Mar 18, 7:06 PM
    • 3,182 Posts
    • 48,971 Thanks
    elainemn
    Is this better?

wine asda Other suppermarket Each after apg Supermarket APG for 3

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 9.48 7.00 3.14 Morrisons 9.54

Freixenet Prosecco (750ml) 11.98 9.00 4.11 Waitrose 11.64

Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal) 5.94

Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 8.98 8.00 4.21 sainsburys 5.34

Monopole blue top champagne 27.00 20.00 9.00 sainsburys 27.00

Martini Asti Spumante 8.98 7.50 3.76 sainsburys 6.69

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne 35.00 27.00 12.63 waitrose 32.10
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 6th Mar 18, 7:17 PM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 37,343 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Remember the Morries need to be in multiples of 2, so will need to buy in 6's.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Not if buying VM

Also, 4 would be the max if you're wanting to stick under 20 (when The 6 kicks in)
    Last edited by Wheres My Cashback; 06-03-2018 at 7:20 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,217Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin