Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,433Posts
    • 36,745Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1192
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 6th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 42,916 Thanks
    izzy65
    Morning peeps.
    Best wishes to Di for today's op.

Hoping for a nsd today!
    Glad the snows gone here, hope it's the end of winter. My gardens taken a battering, I've lost my bird table which is beyond repair, most of my daffodils look like they've been trampled on but worse of all there's a crack in the panel of my upvc front door!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Good afternoon, curl girl pity about the door but if it's like a normal double glazed unit you may be able to fix it yourself, I ordered the units from the glaziers for the windows in my ds flat and it was easy to fit, try you tube for help
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 1:38 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,907 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has everyone else had the Sky TV letter about the forthcoming price rise?

I rang them today and we are actually out of contract for our sky TV boxed sets package (the sky fibre and line contract is due in May) We have 50% off now so by July we will be paying 38 a month

Just wondering about a plan of attack - I have put a message up on the TV/Sky forum as there are bound to be experts over there.

We have a standard HD set, no sports, films or kids TV, no multiroom - only watch sky one and some documentaries
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 1:40 PM
    • 17,107 Posts
    • 208,907 Thanks
    mhoc
    Ah, just popped a brand new sim into my "text phone and put number and code into my real phone, worked a treat

I read on one thread that you also need droid version 5 or higher for the app to work. My phone is 5.1.1 thanfully, gonna disable auto updates so it doesn't need higher version than I have
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    How do you know what android version phone you have?

I think OH has auto updates disabled - I know I have them disabled on my iphone as I do them myself manually
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 6th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 2,744 Posts
    • 31,157 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good afternoon....I can confirm the WB is still comparing nicely.....

Popped into B & Q for a nose and probably due to the cold weather.....There are a lot of plants reduced half price...All in good condition....Primulas, Sweet William, Fritillary, Dellphiniums and lots more...Might be local to me but worth a nose if you are around a BnQ....
    Last edited by marmitelovemehateme; 06-03-2018 at 2:04 PM.
    Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse
    Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Mar 18, 2:15 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 29,572 Thanks
    curl girl
    Good afternoon, curl girl pity about the door but if it's like a normal double glazed unit you may be able to fix it yourself, I ordered the units from the glaziers for the windows in my ds flat and it was easy to fit, try you tube for help
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Thanks Izzey.
    I've looked at diy pvc repair kits but can't see anything in brown/rosewood.
    Door is just out of guarantee, looked on house insurance for my a/d cover but it says not including damage by the weather!
    Other option is replacement panel, which I will look into, don't fancy buying a new door as this one was around 2k.

Well done on replacing ds's units!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 4,133 Posts
    • 77,070 Thanks
    Chrisv
    How do you know what android version phone you have?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    [Settings]

Scroll down

[About Phone]
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 6th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 7,625 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good afternoon lovely peoples

Villa Maria shop done a couple of hours ago, still picked up 7 in M

Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Blueberry Muffins (4pk) 1.00 1.00

1x ASDA Bananas (10pk) 1.59 N/A

1x ASDA Instant Chicken Noodles (85g) 0.22 0.28

9x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 85.32 63.00

1x ASDA No Added Sugar Apple & Mango Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 N/A

1x ASDA Strawberry & Vanilla Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 0.45

1x Walkers Max Strong Jalapeo & Cheese Crisps (150g) 1.00 1.00

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Salad Cress (each) 0.24 N/A

1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) 5.00 3.75
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 4,133 Posts
    • 77,070 Thanks
    Chrisv

Nice cold day shop sitting ahead

I can't get Quiz to load

If someone else can I would be grateful - Thanking You
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

19 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Mar 18, 2:37 PM
    • 14,908 Posts
    • 256,085 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

19 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thank You
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 6th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft

Asda Morrisons

1x ASDA No Added Sugar Apple & Mango Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) 0.40 N/A

1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) 5.00 3.75
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    That must have been a 28 plus apg, I thought I was brave with the 27 for the champagne
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 6th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 3,631 Posts
    • 37,480 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Back from theatre all done and they're talking about me going homeo
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
    • pk04
    • By pk04 6th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 46,709 Thanks
    pk04
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Mar 18, 2:55 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Great news!!
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 6th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 7,625 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    That must have been a 28 plus apg, I thought I was brave with the 27 for the champagne
    Originally posted by chandlerscroft
    30 plus pence

I never was very good at Maths

I'll try again tomorrow - with just 6 bottles though
    EDIT - Thanking VV for helpful advice re M price changes, I shall try again on Thursday, not tomorrow - as Tomorrow never comes, or is it Tomorrow never dies?

Great news Di - that is fabuloooooooos
    Last edited by Jeremiah T Stone; 06-03-2018 at 3:29 PM. Reason: Tomorrow
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned ...
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Mar 18, 2:59 PM
    • 10,063 Posts
    • 115,993 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good news Di
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching to E.ON
    Helo Malc - yes I had switched annual figures for monthly figures - what a egit I am . So I rang up and got a very helpful person who cancelled the original and then stayed with me on the phone while I started again and double checked my figures.

Fingers crossed that I have now not missed out on my cashback

Allegedly I will save 170 over the course of the year - Scottish Power had one heck of a price jump and we have been with them for 3 years so it was time to jump ship.
    E.ON Company Representative: Malc

2 questions
    Firstly once I am up and running can I pay additional amounts into my account? And if so can I pay by American Express.

secondly can I get an account set up even before the switch and before I have account numbers etc?

thanks in advance!
    Hello mhoc and glad the usage has been explained. Don't worry, this sort of thing is easy to do.

You can pay additional amounts on to your account at any time. Sorry, but we accept all major credit cards except American Express. Payments can be made online through our website, over the phone to an advisor or by using our automated system.

It's certainly possible to register online before we start supplying. You will, though, need the account number to do this. We'll be in touch very soon about this. Emails go out very early in the switching window to confirm things like the account number, chosen tariff and payment arrangement. As well as the account number, you'll need your post code and email address to register. Once registered, you'll be able to see how things are going through the 'Track My Switch' tool.

If you've opted for a Monthly Direct Debit, there's another online tool to give you more control over the arrangement. This the 'Direct Debit Manager.' This can be used to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances. If the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we think the account will be in credit/debit by the annual review if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. There's more about this on our website. Might save you the hassle of making extra payments.

As with all our payment arrangements, we aim for accounts to have as near to a zero balance as possible by the annual reviews. To check things are on track for this, we review arrangements every quarter but will only make changes at the six monthly and annual reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think a change is needed but leave it up to you to do this. At the annual review, any credit balance over a fiver is automatically refunded.

Sorry to ramble on mhoc but hope this is useful. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • vladivostok
    • By vladivostok 6th Mar 18, 3:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    vladivostok
    [QUOTE=Jeremiah T Stone;73983143]Good afternoon lovely peoples

9x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 85.32 63.00 ] end quote

As the VM price has only just reduced on Morrisons from 7 to 6 it may be that the APG system will not compare against 6 until Thursday - Asda updates Morrisons prices twice a week, not daily like the others and the next update will be on Wednesday.

You still paid a very good net price!

VV
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Mar 18, 3:03 PM
    • 19,293 Posts
    • 208,330 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 29,572 Thanks
    curl girl

Asda Morrisons

Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Nice chicken JTS thanks for this!
    Will have a look later.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 6th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    • 2,744 Posts
    • 31,157 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    From a shop today....Might help for Morrisons shops

A v M

1x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) 1.35 1.18
    1x Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Dark Roast Instant Coffee (190g) 6.99 5.00
    Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse
    Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,561Posts Today

9,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin