Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,791Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1191
    • cjj
    • By cjj 6th Mar 18, 9:18 AM
    • 6,380 Posts
    • 85,004 Thanks
    cjj
    Best wishes Di, thinking of you. Hope all goes well xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Mar 18, 9:21 AM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Good morning. This is the updated wine lit from yesterdays posts. Let me know if you want anything adding or correcting:

wine asda Other suppermarket Each after apg Supermarket

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 9.48 7.00 3.14 Morrisons (If this picks up the 6 would be 2.24 each)

Freixenet Prosecco (750ml) 11.98 9.00 4.11 Waitrose

Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal)

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal)

Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) 6.48 5.00 2.34 Morrisons (2 for 10 deal)

Faustino VII Rioja Spain 7.48 8.00 4.71 tesco

Brancott Estate S 8.98 8.00 4.21 sainsburys

Monopole blue top champagne 27 27.00 20.00 9.00 sainsburys

Martini Asti Spumante 8.98 7.50 3.76 sainsburys/tesco

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne 35.00 27.00 12.63 waitrose

The Taittinger has not been tested as far as I can see.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Thank you so much. This is incredibly helpful.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 6th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    • 3,922 Posts
    • 54,318 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    From other side, Kellougs have started the adult go free at Merlin attractions. It was very popular last year. Worth checking out prices etc.
    KellougsLINKY
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I saw that on a pack of variety cereals the other day and though of you

DIL is taking the kids to Blackpool over Easter but there is nothing in the way of the BIG TICKET we got last year through the Sun I kept some of the Kellogg's vouchers so at least they have a start

Thanks for posting
    Retired
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Mar 18, 9:31 AM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Sorry, back to the wine. Do we buy 3 of each bottles please? I saw that some people were buying 6. Was that for a reason? I'm thinking that keeping the APG down might be a good plan.

Elaine, is it a terrible cheek to suggest that, if you have time, you add to your wonderful list what the APG would end up being please? Ignore that request please if it is too much to ask.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,178 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I got that too and have completed it, but it did not ask me for Nectar card number, so just hoping it already knows from sending email to me. Have taken screenshot of it too, though I didn't see anyway it says 'WHEN' points will be added
    Originally posted by simone10
    No, nor me, but as it was a click-through via email I imagine it will be automatic.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Mar 18, 10:12 AM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 30,534 Thanks
    curl girl
    Sorry, back to the wine. Do we buy 3 of each bottles please? I saw that some people were buying 6. Was that for a reason? I'm thinking that keeping the APG down might be a good plan.

Elaine, is it a terrible cheek to suggest that, if you have time, you add to your wonderful list what the APG would end up being please? Ignore that request please if it is too much to ask.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    You need to buy 6 if comparing to M 2 for 10.
    Hth.
    Buying 6 at 6.48 gives approximately 12 voucher.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    • 17,290 Posts
    • 210,238 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thank you everyone I'm waiting now for anaesthetist and surgeon to come and see me. Consent form signed and as you've said hopefully third time lucky.

I think it will be a long time until I'm drinking wine again but it won't go off will it.

LEJC if you're reading we are thinking of you and northern geezer and 3dogs and anyone else whose Mia.

TM don't be working too hard.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    hope it all goes well today, you must be fed up of it the hospital already and desperate for home
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 10:22 AM
    • 17,290 Posts
    • 210,238 Thanks
    mhoc
    Hi ...
    Trying to get involved as much as I can....

If i remember correctly tomorrow tuesday 6th march at Starbucks ifrom 3pm to 6pm is free Tea Latte??

cannot remember the full details but hope this still helps.
    Originally posted by Forgetful
    bumping this up for the ones at the back, its also mentioned on starbucks UK page - might be useful to screen shot to show the server - this is exactly the sort of thing the Elite are very good at finding - the freebies and the offers and the glitches ...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1712011935509089/

To celebrate the launch of our new Teavana Microground Tea Lattes, wed love for you to come and try one for free!

Between 3pm - 6pm on Tuesday you can enjoy a free Tall Teavana Microground Tea Latte.

Find your new favourite from our Tea Latte range:

Red Apple Rooibos Tea Latte !!!127822;!!!127861; - Red Apple syrup and a delicate apple blossom dust compliment this slightly sweeter and fruity version of our Rooibos Latte.

Matcha Green Tea Latte !!!127861;!!!127861; - An improved recipe without added sugar Matcha Latte offers a distinctive green tea flavour.

Rooibos Tea Latte !!!127793;!!!127861; - Caffeine free with a nutty sweet flavour this herbal infusion tastes fantastic pure or sweetened.

Offer valid on 06/03/2018 between 3pm and 6pm inclusive at participating Starbucks stores in Great Britain only.
    Enjoy a Tall Size Teavana Tea Latte for free. Offer excludes Chai Tea Latte. One free beverage per person.
    Cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers except those available through My Starbucks Rewards.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 6th Mar 18, 11:05 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 50,010 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    [QUOTE=elainemn;73981130]Good morning. This is the updated wine lit from yesterdays posts. Let me know if you want anything adding or correcting:

wine asda Other suppermarket Each after apg Supermarket

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 9.48 7.00 3.14 Morrisons (If this picks up the 6 would be 2.24 each)

From a shop this morning brought 6 bottles and it says 7 in morrisons 19.13 APG
    6x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) 56.88 42.00
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Mar 18, 11:14 AM
    • 15,024 Posts
    • 257,226 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Up on a back road a lorry is wedged

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Mar 18, 12:01 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    You need to buy 6 if comparing to M 2 for 10.
    Hth.
    Buying 6 at 6.48 gives approximately 12 voucher.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thank you. That is so helpful.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 27,945 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 coughee now available.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Have we remembered free fish? Credit goes to the OP.

https://www.princes.co.uk/mackerelcouponing

You can leave the phone number blank and invent an email address and postcode.

Expires end April. Seems to be sold in T, S and W.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 17,290 Posts
    • 210,238 Thanks
    mhoc
    O3 coughee now available.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    did you get your malfuntioning sim working again? Still waiting for the new sims to arrive so I am going to have to use one of my full loyalty cards today.

I found this about deactivated cards

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Deactivated-sim-card/td-p/837815

So a card is only valid for 999 days untopped up - nearly 3 years, most of our cards are newer than that.
    But you have to make a chargeable call every 6 months and I think this might be the problem.
    If you put your Simm in and ring the number to check your balance - does this count as its a free call? Possibly not.

I've been getting OH to put my simm into my phone about once a month and then I do any updates as need be but I am not sure if this is enough to keep a simmm activated?

To check your Pay As You Go balance:

1.Press Hotkey 2 on your mobile phone.
    2.Key *#10# then press the call button.
    3.Dial 4444 for free from your mobile.
    Last edited by mhoc; 06-03-2018 at 1:20 PM.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 26,395 Posts
    • 319,809 Thanks
    davemorton

Up on a back road a lorry is wedged

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Now what made him/her think they could fit through there?
    Cheers.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 6th Mar 18, 12:47 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 3,021 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Re vegan food (cant remember who posted, skimming back, mhoc?). The baking blocks of butter are generally vegan and I think so are some of the the elmlea creams? If youre buying quorn, check its the vegan type as some kinds have milk and other stuff in. Rice noodles, courgetti or rice instead of egg noddles and pasta. If youre baking then you may need some extra rising agent instead of eggs but a lot of the courgette and carrot cakes are vegan. Also almond baileys if they want a tipple and sub almond milk for regular milk. Lots of the stuff (except the baileys) is usually yellow stickers round me so Im sure youll have no problem getting it and you can always chuck a bit of precooked meat in stews, curries, pies etc after youve taken the vegan portion out (in case you also have fussy meat eaters). Be careful with premade sauces and things as often even stuff like bread can have milk or eggs or gelatine or even colours added. Eg redbull is not vegan, neither are polo mints (but sugar free is fine).

Apologies if you knew all that already
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 6th Mar 18, 12:49 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 3,021 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Sorry just saw it was TM with the vegan situation. Im sure youll have fun whatever you do
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Mar 18, 1:23 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 27,945 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    did you get your malfuntioing sim working again? Still waiting for the new sims to arrive so I am going to have to use one of my full loyalty cards today.

I found this about deactivated cards

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Deactivated-sim-card/td-p/837815

So a card is only valid for 999 days untopped up - nearly 3 years, most of our cards are newer than that.
    But you have to make a chargeable call every 6 months and I think this might be the problem.
    If you put your Simm in and ring the number to check your balance - does this count as its a free call? Possibly not.

I've been getting OH to put my simm into my phone about once a month and then I do any updates as need be but I am not sure if this is enough to get a simmm activated?

To check your Pay As You Go balance:

1.Press Hotkey 2 on your mobile phone.
    2.Key *#10# then press the call button.
    3.Dial 4444 for free from your mobile.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Ah, just popped a brand new sim into my "text phone and put number and code into my real phone, worked a treat

I read on one thread that you also need droid version 5 or higher for the app to work. My phone is 5.1.1 thanfully, gonna disable auto updates so it doesn't need higher version than I have
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 6th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 2,620 Posts
    • 42,960 Thanks
    izzy65
    Morning peeps.
    Best wishes to Di for today's op.

Hoping for a nsd today!
    Glad the snows gone here, hope it's the end of winter. My gardens taken a battering, I've lost my bird table which is beyond repair, most of my daffodils look like they've been trampled on but worse of all there's a crack in the panel of my upvc front door!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Good afternoon, curl girl pity about the door but if it's like a normal double glazed unit you may be able to fix it yourself, I ordered the units from the glaziers for the windows in my ds flat and it was easy to fit, try you tube for help
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Mar 18, 1:38 PM
    • 17,290 Posts
    • 210,238 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has everyone else had the Sky TV letter about the forthcoming price rise?

I rang them today and we are actually out of contract for our sky TV boxed sets package (the sky fibre and line contract is due in May) We have 50% off now so by July we will be paying 38 a month

Just wondering about a plan of attack - I have put a message up on the TV/Sky forum as there are bound to be experts over there.

We have a standard HD set, no sports, films or kids TV, no multiroom - only watch sky one and some documentaries
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,119Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin