Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,791Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1188
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 5th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 27,945 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Free 6 C0sta credit for selected M4stercards using S4msung Pay app.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/samsung-pay-6-costa-voucher-when-you-upload-selected-mastercards-2904268

Will investigate my S4msung Galaxy tab to see if I can get it to work on there ... not according to the online information https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-pay#compatibility/.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I noticed this one too, but when looking at the picture it states from 5/3/18 to 1/4/18. Correct me if I am wrong.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Greenredeem

https://www.greenredeem.co.uk/reward-detail/5-john-lewis-gift-card-48279

We've just made a limited supply of 5 John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards available (05/03/18) - be quick before they're all gone!
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thank you. I had more or less given up on them. I don't have enough points but have now done more quizzes. Perhaps something like this will come up again at some point.

I've just spotted that they have 5 off hotels.com for 50 points. That will be good for my holidays, I think! Min spend of 50 not including taxes applies.
    Last edited by Picasso7; 05-03-2018 at 7:09 PM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 19,463 Posts
    • 209,564 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Yes cancel with VM, put an order in with BeeTee including asking for your number to transfer (worth going through a cashback site, just in case you do end up moving ... or even if not, some have been known to pay out ).

The other idea I read about on another forum was ordering a new VM set up in partners name, including number transfer. With cashback (and timed right with the offers) it would work out cheaper than the current package ... but would mean sacrificing my ntlworld email . Offers not currently brilliant but seem to come round every week or so. Best for BB/phone is 50MB, 29.99 plus 20 activation, 100 account credit if ordered through Youswitch.

My BeeTee kit arrived today .

Anon
    Still no call . I need to change my BT install as it is due on Wednesday and you need to give 24 hours notice to change ... but now the date available is next week after my VM ends and VM would need to be live to transfer the number . Are they calling my bluff ...

Anon
    Unfortunately I have heard of a few people not getting enticed to stay with them.

Just a note - we never actually rang VM to cancel with them - we just asked TalkTalk to transfer our number and that way they had to contact VM and ask for it. This also made sure the disconnections team had to contact us to check.

I personally think it is disgusting the way they treat their customers. When talking to my husband the cancellations team mentioned we had been with them for at least 21 years and said they would therefore try to do something for us. If I had my way we wouldn't stay with them, but OH's email is with them and they do provide a tv box too so saves buying a new one.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 5th Mar 18, 7:06 PM
    • 3,678 Posts
    • 37,948 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts

ellie14 and i delivered di`s wine today.not sure what everyone thought as we walked through the hospital carrying all that.
    it was lovely to see di and thanks to ellie for driving us there.

if i am sending everyone into tweets garden,shout to me from there.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Lovely to see you both you really cheered me up. I'm sure the nurses were delighted with the sweets/ fillers, I took the red onions out though OH was mortified at having to carry it out tonight he has though
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 13.5lb
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Just to confirm that VM working today v M.

Also Freixenet V W.

Tried eggs today as the celebrations appeared on the top shelf at the end of an aisle with 342 banner under the label on SEL. I decided to pay cash as I didn't want to go to CS having used a very large APG. Anyway off the Trout goes to investigate and comes back saying that celebrations weren't in the 3 4 10. So I say it was on the stand that says 3 4 10 and she then says" no, it was the ones below in the offer and not celebrations which were on the shelf above and not included. I insisted that the SEL said 3 4 10 and she replied "well it doesn't now" . The cheeky so and so had only removed the 3 4 10 from the shelf edge. So I had to have a refund.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    That's nasty. I'd phone HQ and complain. Advice on here is always to go with the SA who goes to check the shelf and I have always done that. Very sorry it didn't work for you.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 5th Mar 18, 7:22 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 7,594 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    That's nasty. I'd phone HQ and complain. Advice on here is always to go with the SA who goes to check the shelf and I have always done that. Very sorry it didn't work for you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Thanks Picasso,

Next time I'll definitely go with them. Lesson learned there.

I doubt that I will complain as I prefer to keep a low profile and nothing lost at the end of the day. I went back this afternoon and got the crunchie trigger and different SA on the desk. So alls well that end well.

SnS
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Mar 18, 7:23 PM
    • 20,257 Posts
    • 264,704 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Good morning

Price changes in Tesco on the wines today

Did anyone happen to notice if the Barefoot rose was the moscato please? (and 6.48) If so it's now on offer in T so would work out at 2.79 each. I will try it later but I don't get off from work until 4.

ETA the 3 on Elaine's list have all gone up in price in T according to MSM
    Originally posted by pk04
    T often seem to me to be boogers for this as they are a "high-low" store: just don't seem to be able to keep the prices stable. The products could have gone back up in price in T or the offers could be rolled over. This could be "full price Sunday", when the products seem to go to full price online on Sunday but seem to stay the same throughout instore. The products compare against T at full price for this period until after t.com changes back to the offer within a few days online in order to roll the offer over. I don't know: I don't have time to check at the moment. In my view, T seem to be the worst at this, removing items from its website and changing prices to full price and thwarting my A shopping.

From a Womble dated 05/03/18 Asda V Tesco
    1x ASDA Vanilla Cheesecake (each) bc 505478132829 3.00 V 1.65
    1x Pepsi Max (600ml) 1.10 V 0.99
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Mixed Peppers (3pk) 0.99 V 0.95
    Originally posted by Hot-N-Thrifty
    The T product is regularly on offer in T so this should compare like this, or roughly like this, whenever T is on 'half price' offer. I had this product to watch for T to go on offer. They were on offer on a different cheesecake but I had the vanilla cheesecake at that time comparing against T who were then full price. I was to watch for the offer to go onto the vanilla cheesecake as the offers seem to go from one to the other and back again, or have an occasional period of no offers on either. This vanilla cheesecake is basically an item to buy in A whenever T have gone onto half price offer on their vanilla cheesecake and avoid at all other times. As usual, by the time I discover T are on offer, they are already nearly two weeks in. It should last around another week.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-03-2018 at 7:46 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 5th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 14,792 Posts
    • 237,025 Thanks
    zippydooda
    The 3 for 2 is advertised in March magazine.
    Picture shows Tattinger at 35.
    Cortebella Chianti 7.28.
    Ca'Mandato pinot grigio 7.48.
    Aupouri sav Blanc 6.98.

2 different page ads.
    States from 1st March but says nothing about the end date!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    32.10 apg for 3

thats it cv less time on messenger for me, ill catch up on here 1st lol
    Last edited by zippydooda; 05-03-2018 at 7:30 PM.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 34,390 Thanks
    pippo

ellie14 and i delivered di`s wine today.not sure what everyone thought as we walked through the hospital carrying all that.

saO WELL DONE11, who gives a flying fairy if we are somebody's back garden!!!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 5th Mar 18, 7:35 PM
    • 3,678 Posts
    • 37,948 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    saO WELL DONE11, who gives a flying fairy if we are somebody's back garden!!!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 13.5lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Mar 18, 7:36 PM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 34,390 Thanks
    pippo
    Lovely to see you both you really cheered me up. I'm sure the nurses were delighted with the sweets/ fillers, I took the red onions out though OH was mortified at having to carry it out tonight he has though, bless him.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Well done Di's Oh ,, they don't have a clue, do they?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Mar 18, 7:46 PM
    • 52,016 Posts
    • 622,121 Thanks
    bubbs
    Di, glad you got your wine and well done Ellie and BQ for getting and delivering
    Good luck Di for tomorrow xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • aaarrrggghhh
    • By aaarrrggghhh 5th Mar 18, 7:51 PM
    • 1,229 Posts
    • 10,368 Thanks
    aaarrrggghhh
    Don't forget to vote for Sarah and Waffle
    Originally posted by tweets
    tweets, for the match: http://soccerlegacy.net/premier-league-live-stream-1/

10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Thanks Picasso,

Next time I'll definitely go with them. Lesson learned there.

I doubt that I will complain as I prefer to keep a low profile and nothing lost at the end of the day. I went back this afternoon and got the crunchie trigger and different SA on the desk. So alls well that end well.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    Oh good. Very pleased.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    Don't forget to vote for Sarah and Waffle
    Originally posted by tweets
    Thanks for reminder. Ive been out all afternoon. Had a hospital appt to follow up previous blood test results that showed low wbc. But all ok now . Now in normal range. Phew
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    • 4,201 Posts
    • 77,457 Thanks
    Chrisv
    32.10 apg for 3

thats it cv less time on messenger for me, ill catch up on here 1st lol
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 5th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 3,678 Posts
    • 37,948 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Di, glad you got your wine and well done Ellie and BQ for getting and delivering
    Good luck Di for tomorrow xx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks bubbs
    • ellie14
    • By ellie14 5th Mar 18, 8:04 PM
    • 1,327 Posts
    • 12,011 Thanks
    ellie14
    Di Should have said to hubby ,the girls (cough)carried it in you carry it out. He is good you know that x
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 5th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 6,699 Posts
    • 90,569 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Brilliant

All the best Di, for tomorrow. xx
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Mar 18, 8:25 PM
    • 20,257 Posts
    • 264,704 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Freixenet Prosecco shop from this afternoon
    6 items (4 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.21
    0.22x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.16 N/A
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.08
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 N/A
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 N/A
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.11
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 N/A
    3x Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C. (75cl) 35.94 27.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 36.24 27.40
    +8.84 cheaper
    For your information:
    Originally posted by Hot-N-Thrifty
    Does this compare the same way against M who I also have at 9 each today? However, given that I'm told the Martini Asti, which was already on 6 on Wednesday, does not work vs M I wouldn't hold out my hope!

In M today, the offers generally remain the same. However, M seem to have been having a clear out of some frozen food items over the weekend whilst I was away from them. As I am regularly in M, I am the last to know again and find out way too late. I tried to find some Free From Chicken Steaks 400g, 1 in M reported nearly a week ago - no luck on those. My M told me, probably belatedly, that Birds Eye 42 Crispy Chicken Dippers had gone to 1 RTC but I had no luck finding stock now.

I also overpaid on the fish bites last week which was the wrong time to buy them. They have indeed gone from 50p to 25p this week. And I also overpaid earlier when I bought a 42 pack of Bird's Eye Crispy Chicken Dippers from A at its offer price of 2.50. That worked out at only a little worse than the 10% off on the 24 pack against T when T had its offer of 1.50 on those.

In turn there were prices of 85p RTC at T and 50p at S and A (which I never managed to find stock of the product) earlier that had, of course, been better but had long gone and I was never able to get again. I eventually had to go for 2.50 at A. Only for M to go to 1 RTC on the 42 pack. It was hopeless finding any stock, as I seem to have caught this after the event and only had a SEL in one store that seemed to be there only because they hadn't quite removed it yet. That could be wrong though as, I don't know, they could replenish stock later in some places although it seems like it's already gone to me. Some of my other stores seemed to have had the product but gone complete no trace, with the 24 packs now covering across the shelf, with only a price label on the left and seeming to cover a space where the 42 pack could have been.

I did have the chance that the APG might, for all of two days, pick up 1 from some store today but probably then go no trace. However, I notice they are now no trace for A on msm with 3 for T and T should not compare against RTCs. They were on 2.50 offer in A some weeks ago - where are they now? They have got to have gone somewhere.

M did have two different Birds Eye fish inspirations on 1 RTC but I didn't want those, I wanted the Chicken Dippers.

In addition to the Freixenet Prosecco, which now turns out to be the same one as the one in A (I was looking for "...Prosecco White" as per msm's description the SEL from my A instore but kept finding "Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C." in M - I noted it though to cover this very situation), I have a couple of wines that were no trace for M online. I wouldn't hold out much on either of them though: I had one of them in all four of my stores but no specific SEL for it in any of them and another wine in one of my stores but, again, with no SEL specific for it - so it seems they would be very dodgy comparisons to me. I wouldn't even know if M were a favourable price for a comparison until I look at that later.

I had another where I kept getting the White Wine version in my stores but was looking for Rose that I did not find. I found in one store a different wine of the same brand that was on RTC - again that may be something that just happens to be left in that store (I didn't have the RTC item elsewhere) but from this I can't rule out that M hasn't had the Rose version, that A has, and that M still has it on RTC somewhere and it could be that a price collection store has an RTC item that I don't have. So, unfortunately, as I haven't found the rose wine, I can't put it on the list or say that M has it - but there is a probably somewhat small possibility that I haven't got something, you could compare against some other competitor but then find that M turns up more favourable and none of us knew before about it. I don't think that's likely, but it just could happen.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 06-03-2018 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Noticed that msm has it as "Freixenet Prosecco (750ml)". I realise I got the description from A instore.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,119Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin