Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,435Posts
    • 36,745Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1186
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 5th Mar 18, 11:29 AM
    • 6,647 Posts
    • 90,204 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Such a relief that the snow is melting away. I am petrified of slipping over on ice

We cooked a lovely roast beef dinner together yesterday - I had to make Yorkshire puddings as I forgot to buy them, but they were delicious

Hopefully we will get post today & the rubbish collected ...

My super lovely Dyson won't charge Dyson sent me a new charger, nope, it's the connection. So they have now despatched a new battery (?)
    If this doesn't work they will send a repair man..

Fed up already of picking up bits of the carpet (I sold all my other vacuums )
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    They done the same with me, ending up with a repair man out, and he changed every single part on my hoover, and it was the very last part he changed that worked, so hopefully it will last me even longer now.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Mar 18, 11:31 AM
    • 14,915 Posts
    • 256,163 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

20 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 14,915 Posts
    • 256,163 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Portmeirion up to 75% off seconds & FREE P&P

https://www.portmeirion.co.uk/marquee-seconds-sale/seconds-75-off.html?dir=asc&order=price&p=5
    Our Family Motto ~

• pk04
    • By pk04 5th Mar 18, 11:57 AM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 46,709 Thanks
    pk04
    The Barefoot are 6.48 but they don't have the 342 label in the store I've been in this morning!

Morning peeps.
    Done a wine v m shop.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks for checking Blimmin typical though, that's my favourite wine and I was all ready to stock up. I'll go after work anyway and have a look at which roses are in the offer.
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 14,915 Posts
    • 256,163 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Bought Mum a nice 9.74 (was 46.00 ) Portmeirion Dusk teapot for Mothers Day & delivered free

Saves me trying to post those blue lidded Pyrex bowls safely
    Our Family Motto ~

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 5th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 29,718 Thanks
    curl girl
    Can anyone confirm that the Martini asti compares to M please?

Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 19,301 Posts
    • 208,391 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    That is so cruel

Do I want everything there? Yes.

Do I have anywhere to put anything that is there, or even a use for it? No

I really really really want to go mad
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 5th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 4,530 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Been awol for a few days, trying to sort out some family problems

Wine glitch? I must investigate

Di - hope all goes well for you x
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Mar 18, 1:03 PM
    • 19,301 Posts
    • 208,391 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Just cancelled Talk Talk installation.

Before this Virgin were charging us 43. New 12 month contract is 19 for nearly the same, step down from 100 meg to 50 meg, which is fine by us, considering we were happy to change to about 17 meg. Not entirely sure that that will happen anyway, they seem to be phasing out lower speeds, 50/50 as to whether they are simply paying lip service to downgrading the speed.

I should say that when we rang them up to check the contract had finished, they offered us the same package without the downgrade for 36 a month.

Pretty disgusting that we actually had to book another company to persuade them to give us a decent deal. And you have to ask how many people would have seen a nearly 20% discount and grabbed it without playing the game.
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 05-03-2018 at 1:13 PM.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 5th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 29,718 Thanks
    curl girl
    Can confirm that this mornings WB shop compared as expected to M.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • calmspirit
    • By calmspirit 5th Mar 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,944 Posts
    • 49,227 Thanks
    calmspirit
    Morning all xxx

thinking of Di for (tomorrow?)

I've just hit the button and put my house on the market........scared and excited ........ok - terrified!

Big changes ahead....no wine buying for me- I am trying to lose weight!
    YNWA JFT96
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 1:18 PM
    • 4,135 Posts
    • 77,072 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Greenredeem

https://www.greenredeem.co.uk/reward-detail/5-john-lewis-gift-card-48279

We've just made a limited supply of 5 John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards available (05/03/18) - be quick before they're all gone!
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Mar 18, 1:44 PM
    • 17,123 Posts
    • 209,075 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sainsburys yesterday I got a till spit for 100 points for buying any size dreamies cat treats - according to mysupermarket they are 1. Also the previous person left me theirs so now I have two

Its a pity that on GJ this week they have listed Dreamies but the mega version so its the wrong size

Also collected 140 points for Muller white which also seems to be 1 on mysupermarket - don't quite trust mysupermarket so we will see tomorrow
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 5th Mar 18, 2:21 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,538 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Just to confirm that VM working today v M.

Also Freixenet V W.

Tried eggs today as the celebrations appeared on the top shelf at the end of an aisle with 342 banner under the label on SEL. I decided to pay cash as I didn't want to go to CS having used a very large APG. Anyway off the Trout goes to investigate and comes back saying that celebrations weren't in the 3 4 10. So I say it was on the stand that says 3 4 10 and she then says" no, it was the ones below in the offer and not celebrations which were on the shelf above and not included. I insisted that the SEL said 3 4 10 and she replied "well it doesn't now" . The cheeky so and so had only removed the 3 4 10 from the shelf edge. So I had to have a refund.

SnS
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 5th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    • 2,186 Posts
    • 27,412 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Another droid payment discount thingy DOMINOOS when paying by Visa Checkout you get 5 off of 15 spend

One of my phones asked for my phone number again for O3, tried to do it and didn't work. Uninstalled and then installed, it then just crashes straight away and keeps doing it until I go into App menu and force stop.

Anyone got any clues?
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 05-03-2018 at 2:45 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Mar 18, 2:50 PM
    • 17,123 Posts
    • 209,075 Thanks
    mhoc
    Another droid payment discount thingy DOMINOOS when paying by Visa Checkout you get 5 off of 15 spend

One of my phones asked for my phone number again for O3, tried to do it and didn't work. Uninstalled and then installed, it then just crashes straight away and keeps doing it until I go into App menu and force stop.

Anyone got any clues?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Are you on an android phone?
    MY OH has also had problems on his Samsung and his just says not working - he did the same, uninstalled, re- installed, still not working.
    I've sent for new simmms which have not come today so fingers crossed for tomorrow otherwise I will have to use one of my full loyalty cards. I am on apple and mine is working fine, fingers and toes crossed
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 5th Mar 18, 3:20 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Greenredeem

https://www.greenredeem.co.uk/reward-detail/5-john-lewis-gift-card-48279

We've just made a limited supply of 5 John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards available (05/03/18) - be quick before they're all gone!
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    5000 points

I haven't been on GR for months...... only about a 1000 points short
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 5th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 4,530 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.07 0.09
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.11
    0.21x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.15 0.15
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Instant Noodles (65g) 0.20 0.32
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    0.04x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.02 0.02
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    6x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) 38.88 30.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x Asda Soft White Toastie Thick Sliced (800g) 0.55 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 40.72 31.99

11.93 APG - Huge thanks guys
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Hot-N-Thrifty
    • By Hot-N-Thrifty 5th Mar 18, 4:21 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    Hot-N-Thrifty
    From a Womble dated 05/03/18 Asda V Tesco
    1x ASDA Vanilla Cheesecake (each) bc 505478132829 3.00 V 1.65
    1x Pepsi Max (600ml) 1.10 V 0.99
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Mixed Peppers (3pk) 0.99 V 0.95
    • tweets
    • By tweets 5th Mar 18, 4:28 PM
    • 29,200 Posts
    • 424,246 Thanks
    tweets
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player!

20 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Originally posted by Snap-ant

Yesterday I answered all 10 correct and stupid quiz said I didn't answer one I did grr

Its always doing that with me
    Lost 3st-6lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5Posts Today

3,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin