Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,483Posts
    • 36,792Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1013
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 19,475 Posts
    • 209,640 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good luck for tomorrow rhos, lucky you managed to get your scan and didn't have to arrive with a post box on your hand
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Feb 18, 7:31 PM
    • 52,046 Posts
    • 622,261 Thanks
    bubbs
    Aldi Super 6: Little gem lettuce 45p 2 pack / Mixed Chillies 45p 65g / Sweet Pointed Peppers 65p 2 Pack / Mangetout 65p 155g / Chestnut Mushrooms 65p 250g / Baby Corn 65p 135g
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    • 52,046 Posts
    • 622,261 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all hope the elite are all well. Hugs to the poorly or those low in spirits xx

I had an interesting day, but no laughing. First thing this morning there was a rescue helicopter and life boat searching out the front helicopter was very low and loud for nearly an hour. Ended up with head ache. Turns out they where looking for someone in the water that turned out to be balloons.
    Then I realised I have hospital appointment for tomorrow for gynaecological
    But had not had my scan through which I need first. Phoned and lady said s she just found request on her desk but has been of sick, so I it had been there for 2 weeks marked urgent. put me through to ultra sound who said it happens a lot she would see what she could do and ring back.
    So went out to get post while waiting dd had got us a new fancy box, I had forgot keys so remembered ds2 saying he puts his hand in top to get post. I did the same now he is very slim and let's say I am a bit more cuddly. Yep you guessed I got my hand stuck then phone rings I get it from pocket it's hospital can I get there at 2.00.of course says I not mentioning I am at home alone, don't drive and stuck to a post box. Phoned oh Help me, luckily he was only at stables. He came home after laughing managed to take top of box and get arm out and took me to Bangor. So at least they will have the scan for appointment tomorrow.
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    You are so accident prone!! glad you had scan though and good luck for tomorrow x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Feb 18, 7:34 PM
    • 29,413 Posts
    • 425,748 Thanks
    tweets
    Evening all hope the elite are all well. Hugs to the poorly or those low in spirits xx

I had an interesting day, but no laughing. First thing this morning there was a rescue helicopter and life boat searching out the front helicopter was very low and loud for nearly an hour. Ended up with head ache. Turns out they where looking for someone in the water that turned out to be balloons.
    Then I realised I have hospital appointment for tomorrow for gynaecological
    But had not had my scan through which I need first. Phoned and lady said s she just found request on her desk but has been of sick, so I it had been there for 2 weeks marked urgent. put me through to ultra sound who said it happens a lot she would see what she could do and ring back.
    So went out to get post while waiting dd had got us a new fancy box, I had forgot keys so remembered ds2 saying he puts his hand in top to get post. I did the same now he is very slim and let's say I am a bit more cuddly. Yep you guessed I got my hand stuck then phone rings I get it from pocket it's hospital can I get there at 2.00.of course says I not mentioning I am at home alone, don't drive and stuck to a post box. Phoned oh Help me, luckily he was only at stables. He came home after laughing managed to take top of box and get arm out and took me to Bangor. So at least they will have the scan for appointment tomorrow.
    Originally posted by rhosynbach

Sorry rhosynbach but I had to
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Feb 18, 7:35 PM
    • 29,413 Posts
    • 425,748 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Luck tomorrow rhos
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 12th Feb 18, 7:36 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Good thing you had your phone in your pocket, Rhosy!

Hope all goes well tomorrow. x
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

Glad you can have your scan xx
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Good luck for tomorrow rhos, lucky you managed to get your scan and didn't have to arrive with a post box on your hand
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    thanks all, it would have been funny arriving still attached to it, I was more upset about if oh damaged the box..

oh said nothing suprises them, they should be used to be doing daft things, who remembers me falling in the pond while cutting the grass
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 12th Feb 18, 7:38 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    thanks tweets and bubbs xxxx
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Feb 18, 8:16 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Bright eyes and bushy tailed

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Feb 18, 8:23 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Made a quick list of loyalty apps I know of, probably missing a lot.

O2 Priority Moments
    3 Wuntu
    Caf! Nero loyalty stamps per drink PLUS one extra stamp for using own travel mug (use with free drink on Priority Moments)
    Tesco Clubcard Points when shopping
    Nectar points per shop and Sainsbury promotions every so often
    Colonels Club (KFC) Deals etc & points
    Dominos Easy to order freebies that come with Wuntu
    Clicksnap Discounts etc for buying certain products
    Checkoutsmart as above
    Shopmium as above
    AA members Discounts at various retailers
    Burger King Discounts and offers
    Greggs Various offers and freebies every so often
    Boots Advantage Points and offers
    Ikea family Free tea/coffee when in store
    Waitrose card Free tea/coffee, free paper with minimum spend. PYO finishing
    Subcard Freebies every so often and points
    Starbucks Points. Not sure about freebies
    Costa Points. Not sure of freebies
    McDonalds Not sure.
    Harvester Freebies and offers occasionally
    Virgin Red Not sure.
    Toby Carvery Various offers.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

Just reminded me. Is anyone doing QuickThoughts surveys?

I downloaded the app and started doing some surveys. Ive made 2 already but I was thinking it was for Amazon vouchers but not sure now
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Feb 18, 8:25 PM
    • 52,046 Posts
    • 622,261 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bright eyes and bushy tailed

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Awwww Oz
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Feb 18, 8:28 PM
    • 52,046 Posts
    • 622,261 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just reminded me. Is anyone doing QuickThoughts surveys?

I downloaded the app and started doing some surveys. Ive made 2 already but I was thinking it was for Amazon vouchers but not sure now
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Sorry don't do them
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Feb 18, 8:29 PM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    Could make a comedy sitcom out of your life Rhos
    Good luck for tomorrow
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 12th Feb 18, 8:29 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 37,978 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Bubbs i made those scotch eggs today....omg they are amazing, thank you. I added some paprika, cumin and coriander to the pork mince and loads of salt and pepper to the instant mash. I made four and had to stop myself eating all four they were so delish.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Feb 18, 8:33 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Could make a comedy sitcom out of your life Rhos
    Good luck for tomorrow
    Originally posted by gocat
    Im only pleased that she doesnt live in Pippos house
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 12th Feb 18, 8:37 PM
    • 5,374 Posts
    • 95,131 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Bubbs i made those scotch eggs today....omg they are amazing, thank you. I added some paprika, cumin and coriander to the pork mince and loads of salt and pepper to the instant mash. I made four and had to stop myself eating all four they were so delish.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    When Bubbs put up the photo it got me drooling. Today I bought large eggs, beef mince and breadcrumbs. I'm using this recipe. It's so simple.

http://hotgirlscooking.com/?p=7814
    Last edited by scamps1966; 12-02-2018 at 8:44 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Feb 18, 8:37 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Living like a king on a lemonade budget

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Found the Teskies mags today with the yeokens 1 off coupons

And the yoghurts are still on COS

I cant justify doing a comparison shop v S so will just darn well buy them outright.

I can be reallybloody minded at times
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ive just frightened the life out of Oz

Im wearing a black polo neck and pulled it up to my eyes as my nose is cold.

Im not sure he knew had had happened to me as he jumped out of his skin when h saw me
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 12th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    [QUOTE=underperky;73869759]
    Just grabbed *coughs* a few Dr Oetker pizza vouchers off the FB messenger ap.

I know a lot of people are sick of them, but they are free food and very handy for a quick meal to just bung in the oven.[/QUO

Offer expired for me
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    its working again x
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers 1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 52,046 Posts
    • 622,261 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    You are welcome, they did need some seasoning i will add some next time, before when i made them i made with the free LM sausages, they are nice but think yesterdays are better
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,010Users online

Martin's Twitter