Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • User67
    • By User67 4th Nov 17, 2:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    User67
    Coventry BS PPI Claim - Information Required
    • 4th Nov 17, 2:18 PM
    Coventry BS PPI Claim - Information Required 4th Nov 17 at 2:18 PM
    I have used the Resolver tool to submit a complaint to Coventry Building Society in respect of a past mortgage which I believe may have included PPI that I did not agree to take out. I have received back two identical paper questionnaires (presumably because there was a main mortgage account and a sub-account) to be completed by hand. These questionnaires include the exact same set of questions already answered via the Resolver tool. This does feel a little like a deliberate attempt to make the process unnecessarily cumbersome.

Do I have to repeat the same information by hand that I have already submitted electronically, or can I refer Coventry BS to my previously submitted information?

My question relates to the process please - I am not asking for advice on whether I may have been mis-sold. Can the provider request the same information again? Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    • 19,629 Posts
    • 21,009 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    • 4th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    Some lenders don't accept third party complaints.

Always best to go direct.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 5th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    • 8,960 Posts
    • 8,910 Thanks
    -taff
    • 5th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    • 5th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    Resolver is a third party site.

You didn't go direct to the lender, they want you to fill out their forms, not the forms on resolver.

Fill them out.
    • John Kell
    • By John Kell 15th May 18, 8:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John Kell
    • 15th May 18, 8:55 PM
    • 15th May 18, 8:55 PM
    I also filled out the forms on Resolver and got a reply from Coventry BS asking me to fill in one of their SAR forms and send an accompanying letter together with loads of other details AND a cheque for 10.00 BEFORE they would even bother to look into whether or not I had had PPI
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 15th May 18, 9:58 PM
    • 16,329 Posts
    • 23,203 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 15th May 18, 9:58 PM
    • 15th May 18, 9:58 PM
    I have used the Resolver tool to submit a complaint to Coventry Building Society in respect of a past mortgage which I believe may have included PPI that I did not agree to take out. ,,,
    Originally posted by User67
    May have? MPPI Is normally a separate monthly payment. So it's quite obvious that you have it. This appears to be the case with Coventry BS;

premiums were paid direct to insurers so look for payments to Aviva, General Accident, Norwich Union, CGNU or Cornhill Insurance

https://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/consumer/get-in-touch/make-a-complaint/PPI-Complaint/Frequently-asked-questions/How-do-I-know-if-I-had-PPI.html

It's a bit difficult to use the I didn't know about it or I didn't agree to it complaint reasons if there's a DD from an insurance company hitting your account every month.

So perhaps when you resubmit the miss-selling complaint you should come up with some different reasons.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 15th May 18, 10:06 PM
    • 6,185 Posts
    • 3,768 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 15th May 18, 10:06 PM
    • 15th May 18, 10:06 PM
    I also filled out the forms on Resolver and got a reply from Coventry BS asking me to fill in one of their SAR forms and send an accompanying letter together with loads of other details AND a cheque for 10.00 BEFORE they would even bother to look into whether or not I had had PPI
    Originally posted by John Kell

If you asked them for a SAR then they are allowed to charge 10, at least until GDPR. You don't need that for a complaint though
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 15th May 18, 10:07 PM
    • 96,058 Posts
    • 63,875 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 15th May 18, 10:07 PM
    • 15th May 18, 10:07 PM
    Originally posted by John Kell
    This means they couldnt find any and if you wanted to be sure, then the DSAR is the only way.

Most Coventry mortgages were not put in place by Coventry branches. They are a major broker/adviser/estate agent lender. So, that could account for why they cant see what insurances you had.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

274Posts Today

1,423Users online

Martin's Twitter