Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 4th Nov 17, 8:07 AM
    • 619Posts
    • 2,272Thanks
    loopybecs
    This Newly Single Mama Is On A Mission!!
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:07 AM
    This Newly Single Mama Is On A Mission!! 4th Nov 17 at 8:07 AM
    I said that my last diary would be my last. But I was a different person back then...

I had created it 12 months ago. I was a mum, with a partner of 7 years. 2 daughters who were just toddlers. A nice 3-bedroom house. And a fair bit of debt to clear.

Fast-forward to now and I am a single mum to a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and am just about to move into a brand new apartment that I purchased. My ex bought me out of the family home. We used some of the equity to clear the credit card debt. We do however owe my parents a whopping £14.5K that I would like to clear asap!! Plus I am planning on making overpayments on my new mortgage... as I only have me to rely on now I want to be financially secure.

Me and my ex are on good terms but it's been HARD. We split up over 9 months ago, I am in the family home while he is living with a relative until I move out. I bought a new build as I was told it would be ready to move in in June. I didn't get the keys until 18th October! And I've had to get new flooring, new furniture etc that I couldn't sort out prior to getting the keys because the builders kept moving the date out but I'm getting there and hopefully in a week's time I'll be living there and we can both get on with our lives!!

So, the debt!! My new mortgage is £88,000. I did the Help To Buy Scheme which was £27,500. And I owe my parents £14,500 which is a joint debt with my ex.

No other debt thankfully and I would like it to stay that way!

In the past when trying to clear debt I have been too frugal and as such, I have made the debt worse by going crazy and shopping like mad So I am going to try and have a nice balance between clearing debt, saving, and treating myself. I need a life, otherwise what is the point? But I do not need ANOTHER pair of black high heels so its about being sensible Hopefully it works!

I work in Accounts part-time (25 hours a week) and I also have a work from home business. Which has taken a back seat this year due to the stress but hopefully I can pick it up once I am in the flat. I do get tax credits too as I have agreed to pay for DD2s nursery fees (£780 a month!!!).

I will try and keep up this diary as I have enjoyed writing them in the past. I am very easily distracted though so no promises!! xxx
    Last edited by loopybecs; 09-04-2018 at 9:06 AM. Reason: Trying to be more anonymous
    Mortgage: £88,000.00 £86,372.84
    Loan From Parents: £15,300.00 £15,100.00
    Emergency Fund: £200.00/£5,000.00

New Car Fund: £50.00/£6,000.00
    Single mama to 2 little girlies
Page 5
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 7th May 18, 9:52 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Good evening! Iím about to go to bed but thought Iíd reflect on the day on here

Spends - it wasnít just food shopping unfortunately. I bought the girls new shoes not from Clarks where they were measured as their range of footwear was ugly!!!! I donít mind buying expensive shoes if they look nice, but their sandals were awful! Iíve been shopping online (and had a look in Primark) pretty much all afternoon & evening, and the cheapest shoes with the best comfort I could find were in Next of all places! I ordered the girls a pink pair of jelly sandals that had ice-creams on the front each, and then another pair of dressy up sandals for DD1 for her school disco & various parties sheís going to (including her own). I also bought them summer pjs from Primark, and trainer socks. Very cheap which is a good job as Iíve just been in to check on the girls and discovered DD1 had wet the bed I wouldnít mind but sheís had 2 baths today (1 at her dadís. 1 at mine due to sweat & suncream) and theyíre fresh new pjs!! Never mind.

My ex had taken the girls to my mumís house around 11am ish as he only lives round the corner, so I met them all there and we had lunch & ice-cream the girls played with a bubble machine and then played football with my dad (who kept kicking it over the fence accidentally ), and enjoyed running around the garden. It wouldíve been perfect if my dad hadnít told me what my brother had said yesterday. Apparently he was slagging everyone off, including me. He said some really hurtful things and I got quite upset. Mum did too. Iíve told them Iím not visiting them any more unless he is out, as I donít want to see him. If he wants to see the girls then he can make the effort by coming to my place. Iíve blocked him on all social media too as what he said was truly horrible and anyone who is toxic is removed swiftly. No time for people like that even if they are flesh & blood!

My dad thinks itís a reaction because theyíve put the house on the market and heís panicking about the future. He should be panicking. Heís a PT but doesnít have many clients, and doesnít have a strong work ethic either, so his business isnít building. Heís naturally very lazy and at 28 years old has no drive to get his own place. At 28 I had been working full time for 9 years, part time for 2 years as I had young babies, a decent qualification to support my career, a house, a car I owned outright, and a stable relationship. We couldnít be more different. He messes girls around and heís a sponger. My parents have helped me financially, but itís a loan. He has taken thousands. They once had to remortgage because of his stupidity.

Thatís enough slagging him off for one day!

Our dinner tonight was salmon with potatoes & broccoli. Always a favourite here!! My food intake today wouldíve been good if it wasnít for a slice of birthday cake baby steps.....

Back to work tomorrow after the bank holiday weekend at least Iíll be able to update the spreadsheet!

• enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 7th May 18, 10:49 PM
    • 7,038 Posts
    • 15,233 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Great diary and you seem to be doing well in keeping on top of bills etc. Is the loan to your parents the only debt apart from the mortgage?

Re the pension, although you are paying 8% presumably your employer is also paying something so you may not be that far off the recommended 15% per annum. We retired at 58 and did not massively overpay our pension in the early years while our kids were young and we had a mortgage etc. What we did do was to gradually increase it every few years so we hardly noticed the drop in income. It is the most tax efficient way to save.

I also love to hear the antics of your 2 DDS. We have 2 DGDs, one is 3 this year and the other one just over 2 weeks old so a real newborn. Your 3 year olds tantrums sound a little like my DGD1. We had them over for a BBQ today as Monday is our childcare day and DGD1 threw a tantrum because she did not want to go home. Popped over to DDS this evening and she tells me she went to bed sobbing she wanted to go back to Nanna and Grandads . Just a reaction to having to share mummy and daddy with her new baby sister I am sure as over here she has 2 of us running around with her.

I hope the tax credits situation sorts itself out relatively painlessly and the increase in hours and change in childcare means lots of spare money in your budget. My DD planned her DD2 so she starts nursery just as DGD1 gets her 30 free hours (or 22 hours all year round apparently). Hopefully this will help you and when the childcare costs are minimal when your 2 DDS are both at school that should help again.

Sorry about the toxic brother. Sounds like he is best avoided.
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • monz
    • By monz 8th May 18, 8:35 AM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 11,073 Thanks
    monz
    Sorry to hear about your brother he sounds like a right tool (using a nicer word for it!)

You have a great head on your shoulders and doing the best and right things <3 xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    house pot for bobs after fees : 33
    car PCP - 948.95/11848.25 mum and dad £1,300/£4,000 mortgage - £83,378 o/s currently - paid £934.10 (£19.65 overpayment)
    Christmas - 0/500
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 8th May 18, 4:46 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Thank you both yes enthusiasticsaver the loan to my mum & dad and my mortgage are my only debts. My employer contributes 3% into my pension which is the minimum required by law I believe. Obviously when my wage goes up then more will go in which should start this month as I plan to start full-time hours in 3 weeks! Made my decision today a bit scared but in my letter Iíve proposed that we review it at the end of August. They should be ok with that as itíll still mean Iím covering the annual financial audit. I will give the letter to my M.D. tomorrow.

Oh, and congratulations on your new granddaughter!! I do miss mine being small and squishy. And being able to put them down somewhere knowing they canít move Bless your eldest DGD. My eldest DD cried the first time she met her little sister as I was feeding her & she wanted the milk she was only 1. After that she fell in love and now theyíre either cuddling or fighting

In light of the above I have tried to inform tax credits with the new salary amount and childcare costs, however the advisor said they canít change anything for the future, they can only go on whatís happening now. So I will have to call them back on 29th May. I spoke to the childminder today and I was surprised when she said her costs are accrued, not prepaid She said I can pay her weekly or monthly. Monthly is better for the budget so thatís what Iíll do! She said that DD1 can spend some time at hers with the other children for free soon which I thought was lovely.

The fobs to the car park were collected today and will be returned in about 2 weeks 2 weeks to programme them?! They are taking the peeeeeeee On the plus side the developer responded to my e-mail very quickly when I explained the leaky supply pipe situation and said he will contact a plumber I was chuffed as I was fully expecting him to say he wasnít responsible and I spent most of the weekend preparing myself for a fight A plumber has tried to call me but I was on the phone to tax credits, and when I called him back it went to voicemail, so hopefully he calls again soon. Just shocked at the speed of it all!!

Spends today were £2.75 for DD1ís school disco next week and £9.70 at the supermarket. I need to stop going there every day and start meal planning properly! I do like this way as I can squeeze in these little shops between the school run & work, plus I find that I donít waste anything like I did with weekly shops. However, I wonít have time to do this once my hours at work increase so I need to get in the habit of going once a week. Or at the very best I could go on a child-free night in the week and again on Sunday, so twice a week.

Ex will be dropping off DD2 shortly and then both girls will be going straight into the bath! They hate showers unfortunately but Iím in the process of trying to change that. Showers use less water but also theyíre better in the summer. Who wants to sit in a suncreamed-sweatfilled-bath?! Ughhhh. DD1 got into the shower with me this morning but she hated it and I think the whole neighbourhood got the message I will persist, but not tonight. They can have their beloved bath & then we can read stories and play with their dollies, then watch In The Night Garden before going to bed Then hopefully by then Iíll be feeling hungry as right now I have zero appetite! Nothing to do with the huge ice-cream that M at work bought for me from the ice-cream van dietís going well as you can see!

• loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 9th May 18, 11:04 AM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Ahhhh Iím buzzing!!!

Just told the M.D. that Iím able to come back to work full time, and he said he was delighted and that M has been speaking very highly of me He then agreed to pay for me to study!!! So looks like Iíll be starting my ACCA very soon!!!!

I feel nervous & a bit sick lol but also very excited! I know itíll be hard but nothing worth havin comes easy

Iíll update with everything else later but I just needed to quickly log on & tell you all!!!

• Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 9th May 18, 11:40 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,583 Thanks
    Chrystal
    Brilliant news Becs. Well done you!
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 9th May 18, 3:52 PM
    • 7,411 Posts
    • 9,492 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    Great news! Your workplace clearly value you highly and are prepared to show it.
    Tesco CC 020718: £3502.86/110918: £3174.05 9.39%
    Surveys cashed £14.84/cleared £21.45/pending £0.90... (plus 600 YouGov points...)
    Don't give in; Don't you dare quit so easy
    Give all; That you got on the soul
    Snow Patrol. 'Don't give in'. 21.3.18
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 9th May 18, 4:09 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Thank you! Iíve struggled to concentrate all day so the last 2 hours at work was crazy... trying to get everything done when half the department is on holiday is hellish! My brain was somewhere else but I got there in the end. All e-mails dealt with, all accounts balanced, all suppliers happy and all overdue customers not so much after I sent them a letter telling them off for being late

Anxiety has been keeping me company aswell but I know itís only because there are going to be so many changes and itíll be out of my comfort zone. Nothing good comes from your comfort zone though! I should receive my job offer this month, as Iíve been promoted it may not come with a salary increase yet (per hour I mean, obviously Iíll be receiving more because Iíll be working more hours) but thatís ok. For now, the extra responsibilities, studying and extra money in my wage slip every month is enough to keep me happy

I need to try and find my AAT level 4 certificate as I think ACCA will need to see it before they agree that I can be exempt from 3 of the exams. Pretty sure itíll be in Exís house somewhere, no doubt in the attic Iíll send him up to look I think. Itíll distract him from the stuff going on in his head at least! He still gets really worked up in the mornings before he leaves the house. I canít wait until he feels better but it feels like we have a long time to go before that happens

M.D. and I also spoke about my ex boss (the guy who had a stroke). Iím unsure about visiting him for completely selfish reasons so I wanted his view on it. He said he looked like he had lost a bit of weight but otherwise not much had changed. Apart from the fact that he can only look at you sideways. And has a tube through his nose so he can be fed. And has to sit a certain way because his left side has absolutely no strength Iím going to talk to M about it tomorrow as he wants to go with me. I feel I should see him because I was close to him. But Iím worried about what sort of impact it will have on me once Iíve spent some time with him. If I do go I hope his wife is there because sheís lovely and I just want to give her the biggest hug. The poor woman, I canít imagine what she must be going through.

Right letís chat money for a second I paid in the £100 my parents gave me for my birthday. 2 of the 5 refunds Iím waiting on have hit my account I have chased up an eBay buyer as sheís not paid yet so hopefully I can post the items tomorrow. I bought something for dinner but Iím having a celebratory takeaway with my parents instead, so that dinner can be eaten tomorrow

I think that is all for today Oh, I have that plumber coming round tomorrow to hopefully fix the leak so fingers crossed that all gets sorted. My dad is going to meet him at my flat as Iíll be at work. Better my dad is there than me as he understands stuff about plumbing... I donít have a clue

DD1 had her class photos today she insisted that her hair was put up in bunches. Good job it was me doing her hair and not her dad She is currently building a bridge with the sofa cushions. Whilst her favourite programme ďShimmer & ShineĒ is on. I quite often find myself singing the theme tune when Iím washing up, even if the kids arenít there Prefer that to Peppa Pig though, who is a brat

• TheMagician
    • By TheMagician 9th May 18, 8:00 PM
    • 272 Posts
    • 556 Thanks
    TheMagician
    Fantastic!!!
    Congratulations

Been there, done that - well worth it, keep up the good work
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 10th May 18, 12:33 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    I received a surprise payment this morning from my old side job company! I quit in March so wasnít expecting anything It was only £7.04 but better than a kick in the teeth!

Iíve just seen my new job spec for when my full-time hours kick in and itís so good much more interesting than what I currently do! Iím not panicking about it at all as Iím pretty good at picking things up, and my instructions are always well-written. The ACCA course is making me panic though 11 exams to pass, and some of the pass rates are as low as 30%! Itís such a massive challenge for me. Itís on the same level as a Masters degree. My highest qualification is AAT which is equivalent to the first year of degree so this is a huuuuge jump! I keep swaying from ďwhat have I let myself in for?Ē to ďif that person can do it then so can I!Ē.

Iím sure itíll be ok. I have 4 close friends who are all part/fully qualified in accountancy so Iím blessed there. And the opportunities it will bring for me & the girls is priceless. Iím doing this for them! I want all 3 of us to have the best life. My mum has been supportive but all this goes against what she believes in. She used to moan at my dad for sacrificing time with the kids in exchange for working more hours and boosting their income. I keep reminding her that Iím on my own, I donít have a partner and whilst I probably will have one at some point, Iím not relying on their wage to give me & my girls a good life. Itís down to me. The time I have with the girls will be quality and we will make the absolute most of it. 2 hours in the evenings 3 or 4 days a week, and then 1 whole day at the weekend. And in that time my phone will be off limits.

I put £25 in my fuel tank exactly one week ago and I topped it up again this morning (£25 again) as the red light came on. 190 miles Iíd done. Iím going to try and increase the amount of miles I can get out of it but that might be difficult as the prices keep increasing!

Right, back to work

• loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 10th May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Finally home and just seen my tax credits renewal pack has arrived! Iíll fill it out this weekend, and then Iíll post it on Monday. I can not wait to find out the verdict as it makes me anxious! I want to know ASAP if Iíve got to pay them anything back.

All eBay items have now been posted The plumber didnít show up though. He called me at 5:30pm to ask if he can come tomorrow afternoon instead. Itís a good job I didnít book any time off! Thankfully my dad is free tomorrow so can still meet him here.

I saw the childminder when I picked DD1 up from school sheís such a sweet lady! We had a little chat and I feel so reassured that DD1 will be well looked after. I still feel sad though. And I sometimes wonder if Iím doing the right thing. Itís so hard this parenting malarkey! Iím always questioning myself. I know money isnít everything but life is pretty miserable without it so for now I think this is the right decision.

Tonight Iím having sausage, mash, veg & gravy YUM!!! And then Iíve got a friend coming over so that will be nice

• loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 11th May 18, 8:39 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    It's the weekenddddddd!!!!! And like most Friday nights, I'm at home with my feet up, a cup of tea in hand, and my girls in bed asleep Both were absolutely shattered bless them. Especially DD2... it was quite obvious as she was incredibly grumpy for most of the evening. Nothing was good enough and half the time she didn't know what she was upset about love her! She calmed down when she saw Iggle Piggle on the TV. DD1 was tired as she went on a school trip to the farm she loved it, and she got to feed some of the animals which she enjoyed!

The plumber arrived today as promised (2 hours late but there we go, you can't have everything!). He confirmed what Anglian Water dude said last week, and then said he will speak to the developer. The leak is somewhere between my apartment and the car park entrance, which I'd guess is around 25 metres long I don't know if that means they've got to dig the whole thing up?!

After I collected DD1 from school we went food shopping. She walked around eating one of their free apples & said she wanted "broccoli, salmon & potatoes!" for dinner Most kids would go for pizza or chicken nuggets Expensive taste she has! I promptly walked to the reduced section and found 2 fillets for £3.14. So I picked them up, then went to get the potatoes but they had very low stock of everything so I had to buy the pricey ones!

Work was quite funny today. Me & my colleagues decided to have some light-hearted fun and gave each other a random word, which we needed to drop into conversation whilst on the phone My word was cucumber, M's was belly button, and the lady who's leaving soon had the word 'crabs' It was hilarious. We were literally Laughing Out Loud I promise we are all adults and not 12 hehe

• loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 13th May 18, 9:30 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Just a quick update as I'm about to get into bed... Shattered!!! Luckily there's not an awful lot to report. Both girls were absolute terrors yesterday, so we didn't do a lot and it was a NSD (every cloud!!). I won't go into why they were terrors as quite frankly I want to forget about it Today was a much nicer day thankfully I collected the girls' shoes that I ordered last week and they fit well, and then went food shopping. No spends apart from that and I spent the rest of the day cleaning & catching up on laundry so now everything is dust-free and smells lovely

• loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 14th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Warning... big rant coming up!!!

I work with some really frustrating people. Luckily one of them is leaving in 3 weeks but I donít know how much longer I can cope with her. Iíve mentioned her before on here but for those who havenít read my previous posts, she can not do accountancy AT ALL & I have no idea how she got the job. She mustíve really fluttered her eyelashes! She has no qualifications and she isnít teachable. I donít actually mind that she doesnít know how to reconcile accounts, or print things off the system, or put information into a graph... if she wanted to learn the process I wouldnít care if it took me 100 times to show her before the penny dropped. But itís her attitude. She just says ďBecs, I canít do thisĒ, saves & closes the spreadsheet, & muggings here has to reconcile her accounts or sort her figures out. Better still, it never balances because SHE makes so many errors! Such as posting something as a debit instead of a credit. Weíve all done it, but when Iíve told her why it doesnít balance (to, you know, help her) she doesnít listen and doesnít give a sh*t! Today was no different and I nearly flipped, but instead I went for a walk.

Obviously sheís leaving soon so her motivation has decreased, but she was bad before she handed her notice in. The woman can not do Accounts. Thatís fine, but her whole career has been in Finance! She is great at cooking & baking, I am not. Stick with what you are good at I say! Iíd be a rubbish chef, or a childminder... so I didnít choose those areas when deciding what career path to go down.

Iím sure some of you will think Iím a cow, but the woman has annoyed me so much today. I told her Iíd be taking some of her work from her as of tomorrow (ie the Ďdifficultí stuff) and that between now & when she leaves Iíd need to pass a little bit of Ďeasierí work to her. She laughed and said no, she wonít have time to take on anything else, yet expects me to help her because sheís incapable! AND she spends most of the day on her phone, texting and making personal calls. Sheís a joke. Glad sheís leaving. She might aswell go now. What stings me the most is that she is on the same salary as me. It makes me so angry!

Right, letís talk about something nice! DD1 had her school disco today she had a fab time! She loved it and got popcorn, a drink and a glow stick (which she has taken to bed ). They played musical statues & musical bumps & she got to wear her new dress (£2.50 from Primark ) and new shoes. DD2 also had a good day at nursery. I could tell because she looked a state mud & paint everywhere!

Ex is finding work a bit easier now but his anxiety is still bad. Iíve been giving him tips that help me but heís not listening... not surprising but I wish he would! He paid the balance of DD1ís birthday party today. 6 days to go sheís very excited! Ex will be hungover so he isnít The one time he gets invited out somewhere and itís the day before a party full of screaming kids

My parents came over after work/school/nursery and brought 2 flower pots with them which had flowers planted in them, and LOTS of soil Iím a clean & tidy neat freak so this is my worst nightmare. I have put them on some kitchen roll on my window sill in the kitchen The girls are excited to water them. I donít know why people trust me with plants & flowers... I kill them so easily! Not purposely obvs.

Today has been a NSD and another refund hit my account, so a very good MSE day! 2 more refunds to go, both have been acknowledged by e-mail so they should hit this week.

Time for me to go & wash up. I had pasta meatballs which was delicious but now my kitchen needs a good scrub. The sauce got everywhere! Leftovers for lunch tomorrow

• enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 14th May 18, 8:37 PM
    • 7,038 Posts
    • 15,233 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Frustrating about your colleague. I used to line manage someone like that years ago who was just winding down to retirement. She had to be seconded to our department as we had a vacancy and her job was at risk ( I realised they were trying to get shot of her). Sometimes it was easier to do the work myself and know it was done properly rather than put up with her slapdash work.

Great opportunity to do the ACCA course and the new job spec looks interesting. Having the extra money especially when childcare bills reduce will be helpful for you.
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 15th May 18, 7:30 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    2nd NSD in a row Totally bossing this MSE stuff

Lazy colleague (aka LC from now on) was pretty much the same today but this time I didnít let her get to me. Instead, M sent an e-mail out to everyone in the department regarding the changes that need to be made, and in one of the points he told me to pass the Ďeasierí stuff to LC, which really peeeed her off as sheís ďtoo busyĒ. Even though Iím taking the more difficult stuff (itís not difficult if you know how to check your bank statements), therefore giving her more time to do the easy bits, and letís not forget the amount of time she spends texting, taking personal calls, browsing the web etc Donít get me wrong, none of us are complete saints and we all spend a minute or so here & there on our phones, but it never effects our work. She takes the mickey.

Sheís in for the next 2 days and then sheís off on holiday Then Iíll only see her for 3 days as Iíll be off looking after DD1, as itíll be half-term. I wonít be there on her last day and as mean as it sounds, Iím not sad about it. She can be a mean woman. I wore a skirt once as it was dress-down-Friday, and I was sat on a chair minding my own business, when she came up to me & said ďput your cellulite away, I donít want to see it!!Ē I was FUMING!

I did some new stuff today and as much as my brain hurt by lunchtime, I really enjoyed it I still need guidance from M but itís very early days and Iím confident that soon I wonít need his help. I had a look at a couple of 2017 ACCA exam papers and itís made me more calm. They definitely donít look as difficult as I imagined. So Iím quite excited about that now! Need to get the ball rolling, although part of me thinks I should wait a couple of months to get used to my new role and the new routine my longer working hours will give me. Adding a course to all of that now might make my head explode

My mortgage broker rang me today and left me a message asking why I had cancelled my policy with Royal London. Iím guessing he lost out on commission. He then messaged me on WhatsApp so I replied after work, explaining the situation with Tax Credits and having to cut back, which he read and didnít reply. Feel disappointed with his lack of response as to me it comes across like heís only interested in his commission. Even a simple ďok, no worriesĒ wouldíve sufficed.

DD1 came out of school today telling me that none of her friends wanted to play with her broke my heart it did. She said she sat on a bench by herself which almost made me cry! We went straight home & I made her something to eat, and then I let her have a little chocolate chip muffin which cheered her up She then had a shower as she was sweaty and covered in sand and we had some nice cuddles. DD2 was very grumpy when she got home as she was tired (she had fallen asleep in Exís car). Bathing her was a nightmare and it took her a while to calm down. After her massive tantrum though she was all happy & smiley!

• Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 15th May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 4,944 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Sorry about DD1's playground experience. It is hard when that happens. Does the school have a buddy bench or equivalent, whereby older children look out for the younger ones who might be alone?
    paydbx #93 £804.50/£8,000.
    Loan £17k - paid off in Aug 2017. Home improvement loans £3342 March 2017. £2994 in Aug 18
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 16th May 18, 6:19 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    No they don't sadly, but I spoke to a teaching assistant this morning when I dropped DD1 off at school as she was getting teary, and she said she would look out for her. And she apparently played with 5 friends Much better!!! I was bullied quite badly in school so it's something I'm quite anxious about and although none of my girls are being bullied, I still worry a lot and any sort of upset like yesterday breaks my heart! I want my girls to enjoy school & not ever feel sad & lonely there.

I've just had a very nice pedicure, which was a birthday present My toe nails are pink with some white & silver nail art! I've had a pedicure with this woman before and she's lovely. We seem to have parallel lives too, as she split with the father of her son the same time as I split with my ex! Together for 7 years aswell, like we were. So we had a lot to chat about. I told her that Ex still wants us to be together (he told me so earlier ) and she asked if I'd ever go back. And the honest answer is no, I wouldn't, as much as it pains me to say. He is lovely, and funny, and good looking, but what he wants out of a relationship is not the same as what I want. And living like I was when we were together was soul destroying. I was so unhappy. It wasn't his fault though and I hate that he's still hurting so much. I suggested therapy again, to which he said "I won't rule it out". I really hope he books some sessions soon

Work was just as frustrating today as it has been all week which in turn made me reach for some Mr Kipling goodies that I'd bought this morning in Tesco thankfully they were half price but it's still bad for my waistline! Nothing exciting was bought really apart from that, just 2 evening meals, baby wipes, milk and cereal. Boring!

I have a nail appointment in an hour. Yes, not only are my toes pretty but my finger nails will be pretty soon too! This one will cost me some money unlike the pedi, but it's budgeted for I'll probably go for pink again but this time I might have some animal print too!

I'm now going to stick the girls' bedding in the wash (they're at their dad's tonight) and then wash up. Rock & roll but at least everything will be clean & tidy & smell lovely when I come home later

• loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 17th May 18, 1:21 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Well my nails are now a lovely pink colour, again The shade is ĎDiorí and the lady charged me £5 less than usual which was fab! Made up for her rude next-door neighbour, who decided to have a go at me for parking outside his house, even though I wasnít on his property! He said he was ďconcerned about his windowĒ, and I had no idea what he meant by that. Itís a newly built estate, and we all know how builders like to cram as many houses in as possible, so there isnít much space for parking. He wanted me to park my car where my nail technicianís husband parked his?! Idiot. Obviously has nothing better to do.

My Royal London refund hit today so all refunds have now been received. My bank account is looking good with 2 weeks to go until pay day I got fuel this morning and I was horrified when I saw the price... 124.9p per litre I need to get into the habit of seeing where the cheapest petrol is before my red light comes on! I get Clubcard points, but Iím not sure itís worth it if thereís somewhere else that does it much cheaper.

Work has been pretty calm so far today Iím definitely a lot less stressed! LC hasnít done anything yet to annoy me which is nice. She goes on holiday after today and isnít back until 29th, the day my full-time hours start, so sheís in a good mood. M has suggested we all have a Subway lunch tomorrow so need to remember to bring some pennies in for that part of me doesnít want to as Iím getting a bit down about my weight, but then the other part of me knows Iíll regret it if theyíre all eating a Subway & Iím not

Tonight Iím going trampolining with my friend. Already paid for as I bought the session in March on Groupon, so a nice fun Ďfreeí evening itís not til 8pm so I can catch up on my washing, have dinner etc before I go

• Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 17th May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 7,411 Posts
    • 9,492 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    I love reading your diary... Even when you rant you do it nicely

You are doing great. Don't stress about the exams. Yes there are 11 of them but you don't do them all in one go! If you ever need help let me know - particularly around tax as that is my area.

BTW - trampoline fun cancels out Subway AND Mr Kipling so eat your lunch guilt free tomorrow!
    Tesco CC 020718: £3502.86/110918: £3174.05 9.39%
    Surveys cashed £14.84/cleared £21.45/pending £0.90... (plus 600 YouGov points...)
    Don't give in; Don't you dare quit so easy
    Give all; That you got on the soul
    Snow Patrol. 'Don't give in'. 21.3.18
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,657Posts Today

8,180Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin