Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sid2k12
    • By Sid2k12 1st Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Sid2k12
    POPLA appeal WY Parking Bradford
    • 1st Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    POPLA appeal WY Parking Bradford 1st Nov 17 at 10:56 PM
    Hi guys,
    I have a few until 07/11/2017 before my POPLA appeal needs to be submitted and I was hoping someone could give some advice so that I can make sure I get it correct.

The driver went to Shimla's on Great Horton Road Bradford with their friends on 12/08/2017 and parked behind where there are some garages. They had not seen signs saying parking is not allowed here and were surprised to find a PCN on windscreen due to causing an obstruction. Apparently a few other drivers had received a PCN and told the driver to ignore it which they did.

I received a NTK on 18/09/2017 from PCS regarding the vehicle causing an obstruction and appealed to them via email about the signage using a template. Thinking back to it I should have gone further and mentioned about markings as I went to see this area and there isn't any road markings outside the gate to indicate where not to park. Also there are two signs directly in front of where the vehicle was parked and are pretty too close together saying 'parking for Shimlas customers' and 'no parking'.

As expected the appeal was rejected. I want to share their pictures which they sent to me as it doesn't really show the vehicle causing much of an obstruction and also their signs.

Apologies for the long thread but I would appreciate any help to point me in the direction to go.

Thanks
Page 2
    • Sid2k12
    • By Sid2k12 7th Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Sid2k12
    Hello guys,

I understand that I save it as a pdf and no matter what this is about always select the Ďotherí subject when doing the POPLA appeal.

I hope the above appeal is suitable and Iíve not missed anything important.

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone here. Wish me luck.

Best regards
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Nov 17, 12:32 PM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 27,823 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hold on....

You need to have a !!!8216;No propriety interest in the land. Needs to produce Landowner authority to pursue charges!!!8217;.

There!!!8217;s a template in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 3 to copy and paste - get that in now.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • situation-observer
    • By situation-observer 7th Nov 17, 2:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    situation-observer
    Make sure that all your grammar/punctuation is correct. There were a few quotes without the " and the quote from the signage about claiming reads weirdly without a - inserted between the phrases.

Also, you'll want to maintain a formal tone throughout - there's just 1 or 2 places where it's a little too much of an informal 'forum speak'

Finally, the section about the signage is clear to me because I know the background of the case, but I think you need to make clear that there were *three* signs, all of which were ineffectual - the one with the actual charge mentioned was placed where it wouldn't have been seen when parking in the space the photo shows, and the two signs on the fence next to where the car parked according to the photo created no contract as they didn't offer anything, and in any case conflicted with the other signage and threatened clamping (illegal).

You might also like to add something about visibility and legibility of signage given not only the placement but the lighting and font size - but only if the event occurred during hours of darkness/dusk (as the signage is unlit throughout).

Good luck - even if this doesn't succeed, from the arguments I think you have a fair case at Court.
    • Sid2k12
    • By Sid2k12 8th Nov 17, 12:23 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Sid2k12
    Thank you umkomaas and situation-observer for the help and advice.

I'm so glad that I didn't submit my version 3.0 appeal last night. I've made a few changes today by adding the point about the landowner authority and made changes to the section about signs. I went over it twice and at the time it made sense so hopefully when I go over it again tomorrow it will still make just as much sense.

I've just managed to submit my appeal at 11.45pm. I was a little unsure if I should include the photos of the signs so I left them out, I hope that was the right thing to do.

Once again thank you all for the help and support you've given I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me. I didn't think I could have ever written such a letter and I hope that from what I've learnt I can help others too on here.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
    • SulaymaanKhan
    • By SulaymaanKhan 8th Nov 17, 11:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SulaymaanKhan
    Hi, i today just got a letter through the post containing a parking ticket for parking in the exact same place you parked in, i was just wondering if firstly your appeal was successful and secondly if you could send me what you used to appeal the ticket, thanks.
    • Sid2k12
    • By Sid2k12 9th Nov 17, 12:05 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Sid2k12
    SulaymaanKhan did u get a windscreen ticket or just the notice to keeper (NTK)?

Iím not sure if my POPLA appeal is successful as it was just submitted last night; there are steps before the POPLA appeal though (check newbies thread)
    • SulaymaanKhan
    • By SulaymaanKhan 9th Nov 17, 12:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SulaymaanKhan
    Yes i got both, just today i received the letter saying i owed £120 because i didn't pay the first fine, and can you please send me whatever you sent for your appeal, thanks. also could you please send me to the newbie thread, thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Nov 17, 12:27 AM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,075 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    My post #16 tells you where to click to read the NEWBIES thread. So does this reply. Look below...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Sid2k12
    • By Sid2k12 9th Dec 17, 8:22 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Sid2k12
    Hi all,
    I received an email from POPLA a few weeks ago stating the parking company have provided further evidence but there was nothing there. I informed POPLA about this and Iíve received an email from them saying the appeal is successful.

I just wanna say a massive thank you to everyone on the forum as this was only achieved with your help and support.

Iíd also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Thanks again
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 27,823 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Great result. Nothing to concern you now over Christmas on this front.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Mir30
    • By Mir30 10th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mir30
    Hi Sid,
    I have managed to do the same thing, I have recieved a notice from WY parking enforcement. Please can you send me excatly what I should right for the appeal. As again I did not see any signage there due to the time of day I went. I wish they would clearly mark the pavement!!!!!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Mar 18, 1:46 PM
    • 17,613 Posts
    • 27,823 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi Sid,
    I have managed to do the same thing, I have recieved a notice from WY parking enforcement. Please can you send me excatly what I should right for the appeal. As again I did not see any signage there due to the time of day I went. I wish they would clearly mark the pavement!!!!!
    Originally posted by Rahila.Ali
    Sid hasn't visited the forum for three months so is unlikely to see your post. Suggest you send him a PM, which should trigger an email alert from the forum.

Send Message User Lists
    Last Activity: 09-12-2017 8:22 PM
    But you really need to be dealing with this directly by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which details how to do it, then if you need any further advice/help please start a new thread of your own, not adding anything further to this one.

• Mir30
    • By Mir30 10th Mar 18, 2:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mir30
    Thanks for that the driver in question does not understand why they should pay because there was no visible signage what is the newbies faq are you able to steer me in the right direction
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,075 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's already in a steer under every post I make - see below - tells you where to click.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin