Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 30th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 3,904Posts
    • 197,448Thanks
    TickTwo
    Dear Bloggers Who Hold Giveaway's/Competitions
    • 30th Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    Dear Bloggers Who Hold Giveaway's/Competitions 30th Oct 17 at 1:56 PM
    First thing is if this post is not allowed on MSE then please BG's/forum team take it off.

I don't know if you are aware that since April when twitter tightened their spam filter lots of compers not all have been put on what's called a shadowban. This means that twitter mutes your account so your tweets are not seen by many people at all.

Thanks to a lovely blogger who had a look at one of her comps she is running to see if my tweet entries are showing in the raff as I am shadowbanned got back to me & said no, they are not showing in the raff & she could not even find my twitter name on twitter.

So unfortunately some people can not enter your comps on a daily basis anymore by tweeting the comp. So I was wondering if you could help us compers out by adding in a different way to share your comps daily?. Some good ones would be like & comment on a FB page daily, or heart & comment on a inst post daily, thumbs up & or watch a video on your yutube account, Klout you daily (No this is not actually hitting anyone!) anything like that would be fab because then the people who are shadowbaned can still enter your comps daily & share your blogs.

I would normally tweet about this but at the moment it's like shouting into a empty bucket!.

Yes people who are shadowbaned do get their twitter accounts back in 24-48 hours but as soon as they start tweeting comp links again get banned once more, yes some people are doing OK & can still tweet daily but so many of us now aren't & we would love to enter your comps daily.

Thanks for reading & your time if you could spread the word to other bloggers too that would also help

It's TicketyBoo To Be TickTwo!
Page 2
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 6th Aug 18, 2:40 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 197,448 Thanks
    TickTwo
    Like I said many times now, you think differently about how to comp, nought wrong with that you like numbers I don't.

My comping goes along these lines:

Ooo that's nice would like to win that!
    Bookmark comp
    Enter as many things as I want or not (varies from day to day depending on energy levels)
    repeat daily until comp ends

That's me

Right talking about energy levels time I bow out of this thread as it's going round in circles & can't add anymore than I already have & it's not a great way to use what limited energy I have left for the day

Hope all bloggers who hold comps have loads of entries & thanks for holding them. Here's to all compers having loads of wins for the rest of the year

Happy comping
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 6th Aug 18, 3:32 PM
    • 39,113 Posts
    • 290,160 Thanks
    mjm3346
    As I already said there is nothing wrong with entering that way, but if a site wanted to attract a larger number of unique visitors rather than just a larger number of visits then not having daily entries would probably be the way to go.
    Internet goodness £25660
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 22nd Aug 18, 4:00 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 197,448 Thanks
    TickTwo
    A blogger contacted me today & I'm sorry I can't be of any help to compers or bloggers on twitter anymore but have come up with something else.

I have a bloglovin account I follow 6,640 blogs when they post something on their blogs anything it should come up on my bloglovin feed. If I heart the comps I see on my feed then they come up on my profile page. You can then click on them & enter them & bookmark if they are daily's.

I think you would need a bloglovin account I've been with them for 4 years & the only thing I get from them is the odd email saying you might like these blogs.

I am as always getting nothing to do this

It would be great if you click the follow me button it will let me know if this is worth doing or not & again I get nothing from this.

I've messaged a comper who knows lots of other compers & they have seen the message my bloglovin profile page & also given it to the blogger to share with other bloggers.

I can only heart the bloggers who have a bloglovin account & following them so this will not be all blog comps that bloggers post but maybe a bit easier having some in one place

I will try this for a bit & see if anyone follows me & uses it as I'm not doing it if no one is interested because my energy levels are low.

I'm not posting my bloglovin account here as that would be seen as self promotion

xxx
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 3rd Sep 18, 9:59 AM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 197,448 Thanks
    TickTwo
    To help me & other compers who enter & tweet your blog comps please consider following us, I know most bloggers do not follow compers because it clogs your feed up but according to this post on the twitter blog one of the big things that keeps some of us compers shadow banned is tweeting links from twitter accounts that don't follow us:

https://blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/product/2018/Serving_Healthy_Conversation.html

This section:

There are many new signals we’re taking in, most of which are not visible externally. Just a few examples include if an account has not confirmed their email address, if the same person signs up for multiple accounts simultaneously, accounts that repeatedly Tweet and mention accounts that don’t follow them, or behavior that might indicate a coordinated attack. We’re also looking at how accounts are connected to those that violate our rules and how they interact with each other.

Thanks for reading
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

2,977Users online

Martin's Twitter