Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 1994Baz94
    • By 1994Baz94 29th Oct 17, 8:56 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    1994Baz94
    PCN - Globe Protection/IG Security - Likely hood of bailiffs?
    • 29th Oct 17, 8:56 PM
    PCN - Globe Protection/IG Security - Likely hood of bailiffs? 29th Oct 17 at 8:56 PM
    Hi,

I've read the Newbies guide and so far have continued to ignore a penalty charge notice received by Globe Protection/IG security. ZZPS sent a letter but that was also ignored. A letter from QDR solicitors however has left my mother slightly worried about a CCJ and potentially bailiffs visiting the house.

I did not have a ticket, however had an IG security parking badge which i Thought was valid for the car park I used. I appealed meaning I lost the ability to pay the 60 ticket and it went up to bloody 100!! It has since risen further and they now want 160, which I simply can't afford.

I believe in my appeal, I may have insinuated I was driving the vehicle, which in hindsight is a mistake, but other than this I've not been in contact with anyone and have ignored the letters as if they haven't arrived.

I've had a look at the BMPA stats for IG security and they've only taken 2 cases to court this year if the site is correct.

Any advice? Do I send them anything? Whats the likely hood of bailiffs so I can reassure my mother?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you've heard it all before but I am really appreciative.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 18,814 Posts
    • 23,793 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    I doubt that it was a penalty notice

probably a PARKING charge notice , completely different animal

no chance of bailiffs , unless it goes to court , you (or she) loses , and you (or she) fails to pay the judgment within 28 days

watching too much tv , yet failing to notice those enforcement officers have to have a court order

so if it goes to court and you lose, pay up , promptly
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • 1994Baz94
    • By 1994Baz94 29th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    1994Baz94
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    Sorry my mistake, it was a parking charge notice.

Would you recommend I take any action or continue to ignore?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 18,814 Posts
    • 23,793 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:24 PM

Originally posted by 1994Baz94
    you have 2 choices

pay up in full (take action) , or IGNORE (take no action)

if you choose IGNORE , come back if you receive an LBC or an MCOL within 6 years
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Oct 17, 9:28 PM
    • 18,856 Posts
    • 29,669 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:28 PM
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:28 PM

Originally posted by 1994Baz94
    Other than complaining to the landowner and asking them to intervene and get this cancelled, there is nothing further you can do if you!!!8217;re not going to pay this (no one here is suggesting you do pay).

You need to be alert for a Letter Before Action from the PPC or their solicitors, or a MCOL claim from the Northampton CCBC neither of which should be ignored. The PPC has 6 years in which to issue proceedings, so what they currently do in a court context cannot be assumed it will continue to be the case between now and 2023.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Chopone92
    • By Chopone92 8th Aug 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chopone92
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:21 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:21 PM
    I also have been issued a solicitor letter from qdr solicitors. However the car park had no signage when I parked. They still rejected my appeal. Has they erected an a4 size sheet next to my van and photographed it. Also they have spelt my name name wrongly on all correspondence. Has anybody got any additional info or input about this
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 2,967 Posts
    • 4,996 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    @Chopone92

Welcome. Could you start your own thread and we'll answer it.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Aug 18, 5:33 PM
    • 8,101 Posts
    • 10,632 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:33 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 5:33 PM
    I also have been issued a solicitor letter from qdr solicitors. However the car park had no signage when I parked. They still rejected my appeal. Has they erected an a4 size sheet next to my van and photographed it. Also they have spelt my name name wrongly on all correspondence. Has anybody got any additional info or input about this
    Originally posted by Chopone92
    QDR ..AKA WRIGHT HASSALL SOLICITORS

No big deal spelling your name wrong, these people
    are not exactly at the top of the intelligence list.

What does the letter say ????
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

8,422Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin