Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Twopints
    • By Twopints 29th Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    • 1,485Posts
    • 2,147Thanks
    Twopints
    Fairfx currency cards - applying "card management fees" in error
    • 29th Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    Fairfx currency cards - applying "card management fees" in error 29th Oct 17 at 7:53 PM
    I have a Fairfx currency card (EUR) which does not expire until 2018. A while back they introduced a new charge for "expired" cards:

Introduction of an administration fee of £2/$3/€2.50 per month for expired cards with leftover balances. This reflects costs we are charged for cards that expire without having balances cleared.

I noticed that they had applied this charge to my card despite it not being expired. I was charged in July, August and September. When I queried it, they said it was an error that they were working to resolve, and refunded the charges. However, I have also been charged in October. The charges are always on the 4th of the month, so I will find out soon if they still have not resolved the issue. (I have also raised another support call)

Has anyone else had similar fees, and is there any news on whether they have fixed the issue?
    Not even wrong
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 29th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 2,051 Posts
    • 2,198 Thanks
    venison
    • 29th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 29th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    Why not just close it?
    Ex Board Guide
    • Twopints
    • By Twopints 29th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,485 Posts
    • 2,147 Thanks
    Twopints
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    • 29th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    Why not just close it?
    Originally posted by venison
    Because I still intend to use it.
    Not even wrong
  • FairFX
    • 7th Nov 17, 2:03 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 2:03 PM
    Hi there,

We!!!8217;re sorry for any inconvenience the unexpected charges have caused. Our automated system marked your card as expired and incorrectly charged you. We!!!8217;ll make sure that it won!!!8217;t happen again.

If there is anything else that we can assist with please send our team an email on enquiries@fairfx.com and they!!!8217;ll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    FairFX
    Official Verified Representative
    I am the official company representative of FairFX. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • MisterT
    • By MisterT 5th Jan 18, 9:53 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MisterT
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:53 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:53 PM
    The same thing happened to me back in June. I contacted Fairfx who advised it should only apply to expired cards which of course mine wasn’t. They said they’d credit my account (which they did) and fix the problem but the same thing happened in July.

I emailed again, got another refund and another promise of a fix. Checked my account today and guess what? 4 further withdrawals for fees I should not be paying!

I’m very far from impressed, I wonder how many people are losing money every month without being aware of it?

Perhaps moneysavingexpert need to be told “officially” after all they are actively promoting these accounts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,134Posts Today

7,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin